Toasted Walnut

Green Tea
Almonds, Coconut, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pineapple, Sencha, Walnuts
Almond, Butter, Caramel, Coconut, Nuts, Nutty, Grass, Toast, Vanilla, Walnut, Green, Pineapple, Sweet, Earth, Candy, Cookie, Cream, Peanut, Creamy, Cake, Fruity, Ocean Air, Seaweed
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “Has it really been two months since I last drank this one?? Maybe I'm just confused because I've sent it off in a bunch of swaps :P It's oddly cloudy today. Tastes alright, but not sure what's...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2691 tasting notes
  • “I just finished this one, and I have to say: I’m a little sad to see it go. I thoroughly enjoyed it, although it isn’t an “absolute-gotta-have-it-love” There are so many other types of tea out...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 354 tasting notes
  • “This smells fragrantly nutty both dry and brewed - more of almond than walnut. Tastes mostly of almond flavoring but there is also some fruitiness from the pineapple. Sweet with a bit of...” Read full tasting note
    caile 207 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to Krystalen for sending me this lovely tea! So it’s the afternoon here, and I’m about to embark on a 3 day weekend. I should be feeling a bit happier, but...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2657 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Drink it fireside

Traditional Chinese medicine says walnuts are a warming food. Which makes sense, because this is the kind of tea you spontaneously want to cozy up to on a cold winter afternoon. The comforting, lightly bitter taste of toasted walnuts is sweetened and deepened with dried pineapple, coconut, almond and organic green tea. Sip it in front of an open fire and chase away the cold.

Ingredients: Chinese sencha green tea, nut brittle, candied pineapple, coconut rasps, almond flakes, walnut bits.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I probably would never have tried this tea if I couldn’t have tasted it first, so I was lucky that this was the tea of the day. In this case, the sweetness of the tea works in its favor, making the nutty notes more creamy and cookie-like. Even without sugar or a milk, this tea tastes late-like, and my barista recommended it as a late for a future order. A toasted green tea base gives some body to this tea, and goes nicely with the walnut, keeping in the smooth, earthy, dusty palette. The pineapple is barely noticeable, otherwise this could have tasted more tropical. My understanding is that the tea gets its creaminess from the coconut, though again, it does not taste too much like a pina colada. Nut brittle is listed in its ingredients and that is an accurate description of this tea, which makes it feel appropriate for the harvest season and upcoming holiday season.

Flavors: Candy, Caramel, Coconut, Cookie, Cream, Nuts, Peanut

I ordered 50g of this tea with my big bubble cups from David’s, mostly because I felt silly paying shipping for just one item, and a clearance item at that. So I took it upon myself to choose one tea to buy as well. This was the one I decided on. The leaves themselves are sencha, so they’re rather long and flat and a dull green/yellow in color. There are little pieces of candied pineapple along with even littler pieces of nuts and coconut. Dry scent is really alcoholic, which scares me a bit. I can smell sweet pineapple and coconut but it mostly just smells like alcohol in an extract kind of way. I steeped about 1.5 teaspoons for 3 minutes at 175 degrees.

Once brewed, it no longer smells alcoholic, hooray! The brewed aroma is very sweet and creamy with strong coconut and nut scents. Hm, not bad! Not great, but not bad. The main flavor is a mixture of creamy coconut and toasty nuts (not specifically walnut, but this has almond in it as well). It’s quite sweet on its own, although not in a pre-sweetened kind of way. The combination of flavors is quite rich and buttery, and I can just barely taste the savory, slightly grassy sencha in the background. There’s a slight artificial aftertaste, but not enough to ruin it for me. Overall, pretty good for a blind purchase! :P My only complaint is that I can’t really taste any pineapple.

Flavors: Butter, Coconut, Creamy, Grass, Nuts, Sweet

Strangely enough to me this tea tastes like a buttery cake. It has a really light and sweet taste, no sweetener needed. Pineapple just adds sweetness no tang. Walnut flavor is what you taste first. Great flavor for a green tea because it cuts the slight bitterness of it. Overall a really nice and relaxing tea.

Flavors: Butter, Cake, Pineapple, Walnut

The first time I tried this tea, I was so in love with it. It tasted amazing – with the blend of a walnutty taste and coconut it was absolute heaven for me because I am a huge coconut fan. Then the second time I drank it, I found it tasted really bitter and not as near as the first time I tried it. I guess you need to be really careful with the steeping instructions and not leave it in for too long because it will become too bitter and disguise the walnut and coconut taste.

Flavors: Coconut, Walnut

I had a sample of this once. I never would have believed that I would like this tea. It tastes amazing! It was my first loose green tea. I loved soo much I bought in Canada. Sipping on it right now. It’s fruity, slighty nutty, and green. If green was a flavor this would be it.

Flavors: Pineapple, Walnut

I received this in the DAVID’s tea box from TeaPet. Thank you!

I can see why folks like this one. It is a nice mellow green with a nutty, buttery finish. It is pretty nice for me until I get to the very last part of the sip and then there is a slight taste that I can’t really identify that seems to sneak up on me and ruin’s the experience. I am not sure what it is, metallic? I want to like this one. It is somewhat similar to a tea I had from Tealish that I enjoyed, but I think I will be passing this one on.

First of all Thank you thank you thank you, MissB for your generosity! I am so excited to try all these new to me teas.

This was the first one I gravitated towards and yet again DAVIDsTEA knocks it out of the park. This is right up there with Butiki Pistachio Ice Cream in my opinion. I taste much more almond than walnut and it serious is like a delicious creamy cookie flavor.

It smells absolutely divine as dry leaf and once steeped. I know there is pineapple and coconut in here, but honestly I don’t really taste them. They meld together with the nuts and the base to form such a wonderful smooth and creamy tea. I get the coconut in the finish, but its definitely not overly coconut.

Still good on the second steep too (180 for 4mins), just a little less nutty. More green tea base and a bit more noticeable coconut. I am so excited!

I got this an am example with my DavidsTea order, and I must say I am extremely satisfied and will most likely order more in the future! It is a deep yellow and cloudy tea. The aroma is a strong walnuttyness. It really is like a coffee green tea! Reminds me of my hazelnut creamer but has a coconut aftertaste. I’ll be a little sad when this cup is gone..

Flavors: Coconut, Walnut

DAVIDs Toasted Walnut tea smells great, but the flavor is lacking. Before and during steeping, the sweet scent is quite pleasant. To me, it smells like baking cookies.

I steeped the recommended amount for around 3 minutes to start, and had a little test sip. The flavor was very weak. I let it brew for another 2 minutes. Still weak. Since I was worried about picking up bitterness from oversteeping, I just drank it at around 6 minutes. Luckily it wasn’t overly bitter, but it also wasn’t good.

I think I’ll try increasing the amount of tea the next time I make this. Maybe I can get a better result. I’m disappointed in this one, so far.

Edit: tried this as a cold brew, with twice the recommended amount of tea, and the walnut is much more noticeable. Unfortunately, it’s very bitter, even after only 2 hours brewing. I added a little rock sugar, and the tea is better, but I don’t think I’d buy this again.

Sample from my last DavidTea order.

I used the whole sample packet to make myself a pot of this tea. I love how much the leaves plump up after steeping! There was only a little pile in my infuser when I started, and I found it completely stuffed when I went to pour the tea. Clearly, I’m easily amused.

Dry, this one smells fruity and nutty — like a rich dessert. It steeps up to a light golden color and tastes like marzipan backed by fruit. Oddly, it reminds me of Movie Night and I’d like to try both side by side to compare.

This tea does get HORRENDOUSLY bitter if, say, you leave the infuser in your teapot and there’s just enough water left in the teapot to reach the leaves. Seriously, it’s undrinkable. But steeped for the listed time, it’s a seriously amazing dessert tea.

I’m so mad I’m out of this.