Toasted Walnut

Green Tea
Almonds, Coconut, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pineapple, Sencha, Walnuts
Maple, Nutty, Sweet, Green, Pineapple, Coconut, Creamy, Caramel, Milk, Nuts, Roast nuts, Roasted, Roasted nuts, Smooth, Toasted, Vanilla, Walnut, Brown Sugar, Pecan, Cream, Custard, Kettle Corn, Nectar, Nut Fruits, Pastries, Popcorn, Spices, Winter Honey, Almond, Seaweed, Forest Floor, Hazelnut, Butter, Fruity, Melon, Tart, White Chocolate, Toasty, Grass, Toast, Earth, Candy, Cookie, Peanut, Cake, Ocean Air
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “Has it really been two months since I last drank this one?? Maybe I’m just confused because I’ve sent it off in a bunch of swaps :P It’s oddly cloudy today. Tastes alright, but...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3134 tasting notes
  • “I just finished this one, and I have to say: I’m a little sad to see it go. I thoroughly enjoyed it, although it isn’t an “absolute-gotta-have-it-love” There are so many other types of tea out...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 357 tasting notes
  • “This smells fragrantly nutty both dry and brewed – more of almond than walnut. Tastes mostly of almond flavoring but there is also some fruitiness from the pineapple. Sweet with a bit of...” Read full tasting note
    caile 292 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to Krystalen for sending me this lovely tea! So it’s the afternoon here, and I’m about to embark on a 3 day weekend. I should be feeling a bit happier, but...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2816 tasting notes

Drink it fireside

Traditional Chinese medicine says walnuts are a warming food. Which makes sense, because this is the kind of tea you spontaneously want to cozy up to on a cold winter afternoon. The comforting, lightly bitter taste of toasted walnuts is sweetened and deepened with dried pineapple, coconut, almond and organic green tea. Sip it in front of an open fire and chase away the cold.

Ingredients: Chinese sencha green tea, nut brittle, candied pineapple, coconut rasps, almond flakes, walnut bits.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Pretty nice, foresty tea.

- Nutty smell

Mildly astringent

Goes with milk.

A hint of mint taste,

Foresty/ woody

Walnut taste, natural.

Flavors: Forest Floor, Nutty, Walnut

Bah. Another tea today that I’m not crazy about. Its not bad but it tastes very much like Forever Nuts.

I picked this up on sale and what a surprise! I absolutely love how calm this toasted walnut is. You can certainly taste the walnut flavor but it is not overpowering. I can smell a hint of pineapple and it gives the tea a sweeter taste. I am also a fan of coconut so I am not surprised that I love this as much as I do.

To be fair, I like my teas very sweet so I added a touch of sugar to this tea. This is a definite tea for me but I dont think I would have picked it up had it not been on sale, so I am very glad it was!

Flavors: Coconut, Nuts, Pineapple, Walnut

Hey, nice to meet you! I tried this tea as well, and found it quite sweet. I felt like the pineapple/coconut was the main flavour!

The dry leaf aroma is completely unexpected. So unexpected that I had to check not only the title of this tea (to be sure I grabbed the right one out of the cupboard) but also the ingredients list. It smells like pineapple. Pineapple and coconut. Sure enough, those are ingredients in this tea. But it’s called Toasted Walnut! Shouldn’t it taste primarily of walnut? There’s also almond in here, which I feel like is a much stronger and more easily recognizable flavor than walnut. So I don’t have high hopes for this one.

The brewed tea aroma is…banana bread? Pineapple banana bread? The flavor is coconut, pineapple, almond, and green tea, in that order. This is bizarre. If I adjust my expectations, I suppose it’s not dreadful. It’s sweet from the included added sugar. But it has that artificial aftertaste common in DAVIDsTEA blends. Yuck. Eventually once all the flavorings fade from the aftertaste, I am left with a nice green tea flavor. But it takes a good minute for that to appear and it’s pretty light in comparison to the added flavorings.

Hmm, I’m kind of on the fence with this one. Do I like it? Or do I hate it? LOL! If you’re that torn trying to answer this question, it can’t be a very good tea. I’ll settle on it being ok. Not something I’d drink again or recommend to others. But it’s definitely not the worst tasting tea I’ve tried before either. At least it was a free sample! That’s probably the most positive thing I have to say about this; it was free.

Ugh, the aftertaste kills this tea for me.

Smells like fresh baked walnut bread or cookies, I’m getting hungry. Just a hint of bitterness creeping it at 3mins 30secs. Tastes like a handful of mixed nuts, surprise surprise. There is an odd light aftertaste though, sort of seaweed-y. It’s ok, I’m glad I only have a sample though, do not want a tin of this.

Flavors: Coconut, Hazelnut, Seaweed, Walnut

Completely agree that it tastes like walnut bread or cookies. Try messing around with the temperatures and steep times. Sometimes I pour myself a tablespoon of whatever I’m steeping at the 1 or 2 minute mark just to see if it’s ready or not. :)

That’s a pretty good idea. Considering I always test the sweetness on a spoon first I’m surprised I didn’t think of this. Thanks.

Just got a sample of this, not really a fan of it. I can’t really tell what flavor it’s supposed to be but it doesn’t remind me of walnuts. It’s got a very distinct vanilla taste to it.

My goal in buying this tea is to find something similar to Walnut Green from Aromatica Fine Teas, the latter which I discovered and really enjoyed at Tea Sparrow’s Tea-Off in October. When I went to order it, I went through the same process as with Buddha Bamboo – the shipping tacked on to the one bag of tea I wanted to buy was insane, even though I live in the same city as the vendor, and so I regretfully left the vendor’s site empty-handed again. So when I saw this tea at David’s, I figured I might as well give it a try – might be a good replacement.

The aroma of this tea is a little bit off-putting. As soon as I opened the bag and smelled, my first impression was of a sickly-sweet infused nutty aroma. I think it may be the coconut and walnut mixing in a weird way. I’m hoping the flavours will be a bit more impressive.

To be honest, I don’t really like this tea. It is not at all the same as Walnut Green that I was hoping to replicate, and so I am a bit disappointed. It is very sweet for some reason, and I can hardly taste the walnut OR the green tea aspect – they seem to be overwhelmed by the sweet coconut and pineapple(?), which make it seem like a tropical tea when it is not supposed to be. Dunno what I will do with the rest of it, I got 50g at David’s hoping that this tea could just be good if I got more of it. Hah.

Day #3 of tea!

Another one I haven’t had in a while. It’s funny, because I think I only put 4 or 5 greens in my advent, and I’ve already had 2 of them, haha. This one is kind of similar to Movie Night, but I think I like this one a shade better. It’s probably the nuts. This is one I think I would repurchase, so when my stash gets alittle lower, this is definitely in contention.

I received this as a free sample. I’m not always a fan of green tea but I liked this one. I’m not sure I’d order a whole 2oz of it but I’d drink it again for sure.

I loved this one ! Toasty and nutty and fine, and I could get 2-3 mugs out of it.