Toasted Walnut

Green Tea
Almonds, Coconut, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pineapple, Sencha, Walnuts
Walnut, Almond, Nutty, Seaweed, Forest Floor, Coconut, Nuts, Pineapple, Hazelnut, Creamy, Green, Butter, Smooth, Fruity, Melon, Sweet, Vanilla, Tart, White Chocolate, Toasty, Caramel, Grass, Toast, Earth, Candy, Cookie, Cream, Peanut, Cake, Ocean Air
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “Has it really been two months since I last drank this one?? Maybe I’m just confused because I’ve sent it off in a bunch of swaps :P It’s oddly cloudy today. Tastes alright, but...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3065 tasting notes
  • “I just finished this one, and I have to say: I’m a little sad to see it go. I thoroughly enjoyed it, although it isn’t an “absolute-gotta-have-it-love” There are so many other types of tea out...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 357 tasting notes
  • “This smells fragrantly nutty both dry and brewed – more of almond than walnut. Tastes mostly of almond flavoring but there is also some fruitiness from the pineapple. Sweet with a bit of...” Read full tasting note
    caile 254 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to Krystalen for sending me this lovely tea! So it’s the afternoon here, and I’m about to embark on a 3 day weekend. I should be feeling a bit happier, but...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2815 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Drink it fireside

Traditional Chinese medicine says walnuts are a warming food. Which makes sense, because this is the kind of tea you spontaneously want to cozy up to on a cold winter afternoon. The comforting, lightly bitter taste of toasted walnuts is sweetened and deepened with dried pineapple, coconut, almond and organic green tea. Sip it in front of an open fire and chase away the cold.

Ingredients: Chinese sencha green tea, nut brittle, candied pineapple, coconut rasps, almond flakes, walnut bits.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

My goal in buying this tea is to find something similar to Walnut Green from Aromatica Fine Teas, the latter which I discovered and really enjoyed at Tea Sparrow’s Tea-Off in October. When I went to order it, I went through the same process as with Buddha Bamboo – the shipping tacked on to the one bag of tea I wanted to buy was insane, even though I live in the same city as the vendor, and so I regretfully left the vendor’s site empty-handed again. So when I saw this tea at David’s, I figured I might as well give it a try – might be a good replacement.

The aroma of this tea is a little bit off-putting. As soon as I opened the bag and smelled, my first impression was of a sickly-sweet infused nutty aroma. I think it may be the coconut and walnut mixing in a weird way. I’m hoping the flavours will be a bit more impressive.

To be honest, I don’t really like this tea. It is not at all the same as Walnut Green that I was hoping to replicate, and so I am a bit disappointed. It is very sweet for some reason, and I can hardly taste the walnut OR the green tea aspect – they seem to be overwhelmed by the sweet coconut and pineapple(?), which make it seem like a tropical tea when it is not supposed to be. Dunno what I will do with the rest of it, I got 50g at David’s hoping that this tea could just be good if I got more of it. Hah.

Day #3 of tea!

Another one I haven’t had in a while. It’s funny, because I think I only put 4 or 5 greens in my advent, and I’ve already had 2 of them, haha. This one is kind of similar to Movie Night, but I think I like this one a shade better. It’s probably the nuts. This is one I think I would repurchase, so when my stash gets alittle lower, this is definitely in contention.

I received this as a free sample. I’m not always a fan of green tea but I liked this one. I’m not sure I’d order a whole 2oz of it but I’d drink it again for sure.

I loved this one ! Toasty and nutty and fine, and I could get 2-3 mugs out of it.

I went to DAVIDsTEA the other night with my Mom and little sister because they wanted to go shopping at the mall, and I wanted to go out in general.

In addition to stopping at DAVIDsTEA we also went to a couple other stores and I wound up buying one of those really neat/detailed colouring books geared for adults that are trendy right now. Uhh, these types of things:

I also bought a tea leaf reading set/kit. Not because I particularly believe in fortune telling/that sort of thing but I just find it kind of interesting in concept and I thought it’d be a neat tea related ‘party trick’ to learn how to do. Plus, the cup/saucer are kind of cute looking too. They look like this:

And of course, there was the haul at DAVIDsTEA itself:

- One(1) Birthday Cake Chocolate Bar
- One(1) Red Velvet Cake Chocolate Bar
- Some of the apple flavoured wafers
- An orange “milk bottle” (really discounted too since it’s from Summer)
- A Buttered Rum Soy Milk Latte

And then my little sister got a hot Birthday Cake, and my Mom got this one as a hot latte. I’d never tried Toasted Walnut before so she let me have a few sips so I could get an idea of the flavour. I did think it was fairly mild as a latte and I don’t know if that’s the tea itself of the preparation or some other factor. However, I tasted the walnut quite clearly. It was very sweet, as well. Almost mapley? I also got slight coconut notes. To be fair, she also got sweetener in her latte which is something I NEVER do. However, I’m intrigued enough that the next time I’m in stores (which may very well be the release of the winter collection) I’ll pick up a little to play with at home.

Nicole

A walnut tea sounds interesting.

Scheherazade

I wish we had David’s in the UK! Saying that, I don’t think I’d ever leave if we did (or have any money left). Still. I can dream.

rosebudmelissa

I had a sample of this once, and it was pretty good. It definitely tasted like walnuts.

Not my first time enjoying this, but it is my first review for it. The tea smells amazing in the package, it has a creamy and nutty aroma that wraps itself around you in such an inviting and comforting way. Brewed up, it has a lovely green tea flavour mediated with nutty tastes of almond and walnut. The coconut and brittle brings a really nice creaminess . I don’t really taste the pineapple in it, but there is supposed to be some in there too.

Flavors: Almond, Coconut, Creamy, Green, Nutty, Walnut

185 °F / 85 °C 4 min, 0 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML

I’ve been wanting to try this for a while now, though when I heard it had coconut and pineapple I did hesitate (which is probably why I’ve put it off for a while). This is not what I would have been expecting based off the name alone. It starts out with the coconut and toasted walnuts, true to the name, which then merges into a really intense, juicy, caramelized pineapple. Finally it mellows out into a light pine nut/almond note. This is great if you’re looking for a light flavoured green tea (the tea its self doesn’t really stand out much) that is a little more multi-dimensional. A happy addition to the cupboard.

Flavors: Almond, Coconut, Nuts, Pineapple, Walnut

Toasted Walnut, one of Davidstea’s most popular teas. This smooth, buttery tea feels like a warm elixir in your belly and on the tongue. A heavy but not overwhelming nutty flavour brings you right back to autumn evenings. I love this tea!

Flavors: Almond, Butter, Walnut

The smell of the tea was okay and it had a hint of walnut in the taste (which always reminds me of forever nuts) but the rest of it was just too overpowering for me. I’m not really into Green Teas so much lately so I found it really hard to drink.

I’ve only had it once, but let me tell you it made me want more!

This is a great green tea with a little ‘something’ extra! Nice and smooth, slightly nutty, i didn’t really taste the pineapple. Which is great because i think if i had, i wouldn’t of liked it as much!

Flavors: Nutty, Smooth