Toasted Walnut

Green Tea
Almonds, Coconut, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pineapple, Sencha, Walnuts
Almond, Coconut, Nuts, Pineapple, Walnut, Butter, Nutty, Smooth, Creamy, Fruity, Melon, Sweet, Vanilla, Tart, Hazelnut, White Chocolate, Toasty, Caramel, Grass, Toast, Green, Earth, Candy, Cookie, Cream, Peanut, Cake, Ocean Air, Seaweed
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “Has it really been two months since I last drank this one?? Maybe I’m just confused because I’ve sent it off in a bunch of swaps :P It’s oddly cloudy today. Tastes alright, but...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3013 tasting notes
  • “I just finished this one, and I have to say: I’m a little sad to see it go. I thoroughly enjoyed it, although it isn’t an “absolute-gotta-have-it-love” There are so many other types of tea out...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 357 tasting notes
  • “This smells fragrantly nutty both dry and brewed – more of almond than walnut. Tastes mostly of almond flavoring but there is also some fruitiness from the pineapple. Sweet with a bit of...” Read full tasting note
    caile 239 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to Krystalen for sending me this lovely tea! So it’s the afternoon here, and I’m about to embark on a 3 day weekend. I should be feeling a bit happier, but...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2792 tasting notes

Drink it fireside

Traditional Chinese medicine says walnuts are a warming food. Which makes sense, because this is the kind of tea you spontaneously want to cozy up to on a cold winter afternoon. The comforting, lightly bitter taste of toasted walnuts is sweetened and deepened with dried pineapple, coconut, almond and organic green tea. Sip it in front of an open fire and chase away the cold.

Ingredients: Chinese sencha green tea, nut brittle, candied pineapple, coconut rasps, almond flakes, walnut bits.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I find this tea comes to me in waves of enjoyment. Some weeks i’ll drink it non-stop and some weeks it’s entirely unappealing. I’m just about to finish off the sample I got for Christmas; really loving this cup right now. For some reason, I don’t see myself ever getting it again just cause.. I actually think I’ve yet to find a tea that I’ll always have around. It is, however, my favourite nutty tea. At least so far.

Though I can’t say my experience with nutty teas is overly expansive, I definitely can appreciate this for its very true taste. Very prominently walnut/almond, tastes just like the nuts. I don’t think I can honestly say that I’ve had a fruit tea that tastes exactly like the fruits themselves; it’s always a more fictionalized version, the absence of which seems to be something of definite character for the world of nut teas.

Flavors: Almond, Nutty, Walnut

4 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I got home tired… From work, from walking in a cool and rainy weather…. Plus hungry and sleepy… Aah…tired! I need to drink tea… Just the thought of sipping green tea while relaxing…makes me feel…happier!
This tea never disappointed me. From the smell to the taste, up to the last drop… Yum! (That’s what my taste buds says, I don’t know with you guys…. :-)) Happy drinking, tea-lovers!

Flavors: Almond, Butter, Caramel, Coconut, Nuts, Nutty

Sample from Ost. Thank you!

This did taste primarily of walnuts. It was a nice light nutty flavor, but the sample came pre-sweetened, which I’m not a fan of. It’s unclear to me if that’s because it was a sample, or if the tea normally comes that way. I’d be interested in checking it out if it normally came unsweetened.

Ok, I’m on the 2nd steep for this one. A few more notes, it seems to have an oil slick that sits on top of the steeped tea. It’s also quite cloudy. The scent is pretty green. I guess if you have in mind that you should be smelling pineapple and walnut, you can will your mind to smell them. I don’t.
The taste is ok, like a nutty green tea. But it still isn’t my favourite as nut teas go.

Flavors: Green, Nutty

A nice subtle tea for a Monday back at work

Flavors: Coconut, Green, Pineapple, Walnut

200 °F / 93 °C
Chris Coppens

Straight to the point, good review!

I’m not generally a green tea drinker, but I received this one for Christmas and it sounded delicious!
Definitely get the walnut flavour in this tea (and there are HUGE walnut pieces in it – ps they were very tasty hahaha). Nutty and subtly sweet – I will definitely drink this green again!

Bit of sweetness and some good walnut + green tea taste.

Got this as a sample in my David’s order. I never would have thought to try this one because it sounds so plain — and I’m no fan of walnuts — but a look at the ingredient list shows it has a lot going on: hazelnut brittle, pineapple, coconut. It smells divine (it’s the hazelnut mostly). The flavor isn’t nearly as strong as the aroma, but it’s mellow and pleasant and definitely nutty, if not exactly walnutty.

But in my mind hazelnut always comes with chocolate, and this tea is giving me a deep craving for Nutella. I don’t know if my brain can accept hazelnut on its own. I keep feeling like I’m missing some factor in the flavor equation. I just need some Nutella and French bread and then this tea would be the absolute best.

This smells strongly of coconut, which doesn’t really fit the name, but whatever I guess. xD
Been wanting to try this tea recently, and in my order, they sent this as one of the samples! So my lucky day, right?? :D
The flavor is mainly coconut to me, and hints of walnut throughout the cup…But not really too nutty. I was expecting it to be a lot more nutty, since Davids’ seems to make their nutty teas WAYYYYYYYYY too nutty to me xD
But they did okay with this one. I was pleasantly surprised.
It’s very sweet, and coconut-y. Not bad at all!
But wouldn’t drink more of it. Just happy to try!

Flavors: Coconut, Sweet, Walnut

I was disappointed with this one. I was expecting something a little more flavourful and complex. It just seemed boring to me. On the plus side, it was rich, nutty and earthy and the light coconut flavour was nice. However, It didn’t seem sweet enough for me and was lacking the fruit flavour that I was expecting to be mingled in with the other ingredients. I wouldn’t reach for this tea very often. I don’t hate it but I don’t love it either. Just not exciting or special enough for me.

Flavors: Coconut, Earth, Nutty