Toasted Walnut

Green Tea
Almonds, Coconut, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pineapple, Sencha, Walnuts
Candy, Caramel, Coconut, Cookie, Cream, Nuts, Peanut, Butter, Creamy, Grass, Sweet, Cake, Pineapple, Walnut
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “Has it really been two months since I last drank this one?? Maybe I'm just confused because I've sent it off in a bunch of swaps :P It's oddly cloudy today. Tastes alright, but not sure what's...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2387 tasting notes
  • “I just finished this one, and I have to say: I’m a little sad to see it go. I thoroughly enjoyed it, although it isn’t an “absolute-gotta-have-it-love” There are so many other types of tea out...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes
  • “This smells fragrantly nutty both dry and brewed - more of almond than walnut. Tastes mostly of almond flavoring but there is also some fruitiness from the pineapple. Sweet with a bit of...” Read full tasting note
    caile 181 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to *Krystalen* for sending me this lovely tea! So it's the afternoon here, and I'm about to embark on a 3 day weekend. I should be feeling a bit happier, but instead am kinda glum. Perhaps...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2471 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Drink it fireside

Traditional Chinese medicine says walnuts are a warming food. Which makes sense, because this is the kind of tea you spontaneously want to cozy up to on a cold winter afternoon. The comforting, lightly bitter taste of toasted walnuts is sweetened and deepened with dried pineapple, coconut, almond and organic green tea. Sip it in front of an open fire and chase away the cold.

Ingredients: Chinese sencha green tea, nut brittle, candied pineapple, coconut rasps, almond flakes, walnut bits.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

DAVIDs Toasted Walnut tea smells great, but the flavor is lacking. Before and during steeping, the sweet scent is quite pleasant. To me, it smells like baking cookies.

I steeped the recommended amount for around 3 minutes to start, and had a little test sip. The flavor was very weak. I let it brew for another 2 minutes. Still weak. Since I was worried about picking up bitterness from oversteeping, I just drank it at around 6 minutes. Luckily it wasn’t overly bitter, but it also wasn’t good.

I think I’ll try increasing the amount of tea the next time I make this. Maybe I can get a better result. I’m disappointed in this one, so far.

Later: tried this as a cold brew, with twice the recommended amount of tea, and the walnut is much more noticeable. Unfortunately, it’s very bitter, even after only 2 hours brewing. I added a little rock sugar, and the tea is better, but I don’t think I’d buy this again.

1965 tasting notes

Sipdown!! (163)

Thank you to both Dexter3657 and TraceyC for sharing this with me. I made a pot to share with friends. To me, it mostly tastes of butter, with a hint of nut. Very nice. I am really glad I got to try it :)

uh oh…you’re catching up to me again! haha

Amariel

I like this one as long as I brew it right.

VariaTEA

Sil, I have been making the most of my sipdown Saturday.

Amarial, it definitely is a nice tea. Though there are so many others I would reach for first that I doubt I would stock it.

Amariel

Yeah, I hear you. I don’t buy this one anymore because I find it is too finicky unless I cold steep.

I see that….I will get time tomorrow! Though that might be mostly it for the rest of the the month heh

Sipdown! I got this tea because I was told it was similar to DavidsTea’s “Cookie Dough,” which was discontinued but I loved oh so much. I was a bit skeptical because I really don’t gravitate towards green tea. Overall, I liked it enough. I can really taste the walnut and a bit of pineapple, but it isn’t in the same league as my beloved cookie dough (Sigh).

I probably won’t buy this again, but I don’t regret trying it out.

0 OZ / 0 ML

Darn you sipdown (112).

Aww this is a really good tea! Like I said in previous notes in other teas, I really don’t like coconut, but this one is actually really nice! It smelled like a whole lot of coconut, but the scent mellowed out as it was steeping. I’m also not a fan of pineapple, but it does look like there were bits of pineapple in here. The coconut wasn’t as overbearing as I was drinking and all the flavours just balanced out so nicely! Whenever I drink teas with slivers of any type of nut, it seems like the natural oils come out so the top bit of the tea does have oils floating at the top, but that’s totally understandable.

I made more than usual of this tea because I’ve decided to pour 12oz of it into my timolino. Class in a bit and there’s presentations today soo.. gotta entertain myself somehow and I choose tea :)

I’m kinda laughing right now because on my walk to class, I saw so many people with frozen water bottles and I’m the lone one with hot tea in a thermos. Yeah, it’s 75 degrees out (24deg. Celcius I think) and… Yeah the earth could be hurling towards the sun right now and I’d still be drinking hot te :)

Flavors: Butter, Coconut

Om nom nom,
This tea is always amazing. I love a flavored tea where you can actually really taste the tea. This is one where the flavor is predominantly green tea, with a little something extra. The sweetness of the pineapple (although not the flavor) and the nuttiness makes it a soft and mellow, but really delicious tea.

Sadly, this cup wasn’t as good as some, mainly because I’ve been keeping it in one of david’s rainbow tins, and the tea has gone a bit stale.
Still better than most teas out there!

Absolutely loved this tea!! I brewed up a put and drank the whole thing in one evening… by myself. Lol. It’s that wonderful!! I loved the nutty coconut deliciousness!! I can’t wait to buy some more!!

I just ordered from DAVIDsTEA for the first time. I’m loving their three-free-samples-with-every-order business. Toasted Walnut caught my eye, but I decided against ordering it because of the artificial flavouring and sugar. I actually found this to be the case with a lot of their blends. They sound awesome, but once you get past the 4th or 5th ingredient, you “Oh,” to find these unattractive additives.

Any-who, Toasted Walnut was one of my three free samples this week, and I did enjoy it. The smell was a little overwhelming, just my nose knew it was artificial. I expected it to taste just as strong as it smelled; maybe it was weak office water, but it wasn’t a bad tea overall. Not something I would drink often, or pay for, but a nice savory blend for an empty stomach at the cubicle farm.

One of my favourites! I have had this quite a few times now and I am still not tired of it (had it again tonight!)! The smell is lovely (the smell of walnuts to me..!) and the smell when steeped is pleasantly nutty as well! The taste overall is great too! Really nutty and tasty.. I look forward to every cup and I hope that you all will too!

I’ve come to realize I have mixed feelings about teas that have “nuts” as their main flavor. They always smell promising, they are always quite nice, but they never end up being like “WOW!” even though I always seem to have high hopes. Maybe it’s because they never taste as strongly as they smell, so I end up being disappointed ? I don’t know…

That being said, I have had a craving for this particular tea for a few days, so I’m enjoying it a lot right now. I don’t know exactly what it tastes like. Weirdly, I get a bit of Queen Elizabeth cake (which is very popular here in Quebec but I have no idea if other people know about it lol) my grandma used to make, and also some kind of alcohol especially in the smell (tia maria?) Anyway, it’s a very comforting tea :)