Toasted Walnut

Green Tea
Almonds, Coconut, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pineapple, Sencha, Walnuts
Almond, Coconut, Creamy, Green, Nutty, Walnut, Nuts, Pineapple, Butter, Smooth, Fruity, Melon, Sweet, Vanilla, Tart, Hazelnut, White Chocolate, Toasty, Caramel, Grass, Toast, Earth, Candy, Cookie, Cream, Peanut, Cake, Ocean Air, Seaweed
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “Has it really been two months since I last drank this one?? Maybe I’m just confused because I’ve sent it off in a bunch of swaps :P It’s oddly cloudy today. Tastes alright, but...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3034 tasting notes
  • “I just finished this one, and I have to say: I’m a little sad to see it go. I thoroughly enjoyed it, although it isn’t an “absolute-gotta-have-it-love” There are so many other types of tea out...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 357 tasting notes
  • “This smells fragrantly nutty both dry and brewed – more of almond than walnut. Tastes mostly of almond flavoring but there is also some fruitiness from the pineapple. Sweet with a bit of...” Read full tasting note
    caile 239 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to Krystalen for sending me this lovely tea! So it’s the afternoon here, and I’m about to embark on a 3 day weekend. I should be feeling a bit happier, but...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2802 tasting notes

Drink it fireside

Traditional Chinese medicine says walnuts are a warming food. Which makes sense, because this is the kind of tea you spontaneously want to cozy up to on a cold winter afternoon. The comforting, lightly bitter taste of toasted walnuts is sweetened and deepened with dried pineapple, coconut, almond and organic green tea. Sip it in front of an open fire and chase away the cold.

Ingredients: Chinese sencha green tea, nut brittle, candied pineapple, coconut rasps, almond flakes, walnut bits.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I found that the toasted walnut flavour and almond overpowered the sencha, and it tasted a tad too artificial for my liking (personal preference). The fruit in it didn’t mix very well with the walnut and left a tart aftertaste. If someone gave me a cup and told me that it is made from nuts and a small amount of pineapple, with no green tea, I would believe them.

Flavors: Almond, Coconut, Nutty, Tart, Walnut

This is probably one of my favourite green tea’s, and one of my favourite hot tea’s ever. The smell is like a creamy vanilla-coconut dessert and the taste is like a white chocolate cake with hazelnuts and coconut shavings. SO GOOD.

Flavors: Coconut, Hazelnut, Vanilla, White Chocolate

I had been putting off trying this because I wasn’t big on Forever Nuts. BUT – I consider Toasted Walnut much better.

I found this one of the most complex tasting teas that I’ve ever had. As it was steeping I was struck by a sweet vanilla scent. It took me a second to realize it was my tea.

Upon first taste, I thought vanilla. Second sip, hmm…a bit nutty, a bit toasty, some coconut. Third sip, back to vanilla. I felt like my taste buds kept jumping every time I took a sip. It was cool.

I’d describe this tea as very comforting and smooth. The type of tea you want to have when you’ve been outside all day in the cold.

Although it is a good tea, I don’t see myself making it part of my permanent collection since it’s not OMFG-AMAZING-CRAVING-IT good.

Flavors: Coconut, Nuts, Toasty, Vanilla

I find this tea comes to me in waves of enjoyment. Some weeks i’ll drink it non-stop and some weeks it’s entirely unappealing. I’m just about to finish off the sample I got for Christmas; really loving this cup right now. For some reason, I don’t see myself ever getting it again just cause.. I actually think I’ve yet to find a tea that I’ll always have around. It is, however, my favourite nutty tea. At least so far.

Though I can’t say my experience with nutty teas is overly expansive, I definitely can appreciate this for its very true taste. Very prominently walnut/almond, tastes just like the nuts. I don’t think I can honestly say that I’ve had a fruit tea that tastes exactly like the fruits themselves; it’s always a more fictionalized version, the absence of which seems to be something of definite character for the world of nut teas.

Flavors: Almond, Nutty, Walnut

4 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I got home tired… From work, from walking in a cool and rainy weather…. Plus hungry and sleepy… Aah…tired! I need to drink tea… Just the thought of sipping green tea while relaxing…makes me feel…happier!
This tea never disappointed me. From the smell to the taste, up to the last drop… Yum! (That’s what my taste buds says, I don’t know with you guys…. :-)) Happy drinking, tea-lovers!

Flavors: Almond, Butter, Caramel, Coconut, Nuts, Nutty

Sample from Ost. Thank you!

This did taste primarily of walnuts. It was a nice light nutty flavor, but the sample came pre-sweetened, which I’m not a fan of. It’s unclear to me if that’s because it was a sample, or if the tea normally comes that way. I’d be interested in checking it out if it normally came unsweetened.

Ok, I’m on the 2nd steep for this one. A few more notes, it seems to have an oil slick that sits on top of the steeped tea. It’s also quite cloudy. The scent is pretty green. I guess if you have in mind that you should be smelling pineapple and walnut, you can will your mind to smell them. I don’t.
The taste is ok, like a nutty green tea. But it still isn’t my favourite as nut teas go.

Flavors: Green, Nutty

A nice subtle tea for a Monday back at work

Flavors: Coconut, Green, Pineapple, Walnut

200 °F / 93 °C
Chris Coppens

Straight to the point, good review!

I’m not generally a green tea drinker, but I received this one for Christmas and it sounded delicious!
Definitely get the walnut flavour in this tea (and there are HUGE walnut pieces in it – ps they were very tasty hahaha). Nutty and subtly sweet – I will definitely drink this green again!

Bit of sweetness and some good walnut + green tea taste.