Toasted Walnut

Green Tea
Butter, Cake, Pineapple, Walnut, Coconut
Edit tea info Last updated by Kittenna

• “Has it really been two months since I last drank this one?? Maybe I'm just confused because I've sent it off in a bunch of swaps :P It's oddly cloudy today. Tastes alright, but not sure what's...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2244 tasting notes
  • “I just finished this one, and I have to say: I’m a little sad to see it go. I thoroughly enjoyed it, although it isn’t an “absolute-gotta-have-it-love” There are so many other types of tea out...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes
  • “This smells fragrantly nutty both dry and brewed - more of almond than walnut. Tastes mostly of almond flavoring but there is also some fruitiness from the pineapple. Sweet with a bit of...” Read full tasting note
    caile 164 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to *Krystalen* for sending me this lovely tea! So it's the afternoon here, and I'm about to embark on a 3 day weekend. I should be feeling a bit happier, but instead am kinda glum. Perhaps...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2351 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Drink it fireside

Traditional Chinese medicine says walnuts are a warming food. Which makes sense, because this is the kind of tea you spontaneously want to cozy up to on a cold winter afternoon. The comforting, lightly bitter taste of toasted walnuts is sweetened and deepened with dried pineapple, coconut, almond and organic green tea. Sip it in front of an open fire and chase away the cold.

Ingredients: Chinese sencha green tea, nut brittle, candied pineapple, coconut rasps, almond flakes, walnut bits.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Nice and warm. When it comes to tea, I just love a nutty blend.

A fantastic tea to start with. I decided to make iced tea with this by about 50% more tea leaves. After it steeped, I threw it in the fridge to let it chill then served over a glass full of ice. I like this tea a lot in the first place, but I may love this more iced!

This green tea has a roasty flavor and a slightly sweet aftertaste. I didn’t get any whole walnut pieces, but the nuttiness is present when you drink. I think the pineapple flavor is pretty strong, especially if you let the tea cool down a bit. For my taste, a strict two minute steeping was key. If I let it go longer, the fruity flavors started to develop more and get in the way of my walnut experience. Not something I’d drink on the regular, but I’m glad I tried it.

I first sampled this tea in store as a iced tea, I loved it and bought a bag right away. It has a nice light and smooth taste, very nutty tasting but the coconut adds a bit of sweetness to it. It tastes awesome hot or iced.
I double steeped this for another ice tea and it was still yummy, just let it set a minute longer this time (4).

Yet another tea I just re-discovered from 2008. The stale-ness of the tea doesn’t add much to the flavour, but I remember not being all that impressed with it back in the day when it was fresh.

I would call this tea “toasted almond” since I literally taste zero walnut in it. Even when I added a giant chunk of walnut to the filter, still nothing. Not necessarily a bad thing; ironically I’m not a fan of walnuts. Ha.

To me, the pineapple doesn’t add anything other than a sweetness in the background. It’s weird, because I can really taste the pineapple in other teas when candied pineapple bits are one of the ingredients. But not this one. I definitely taste almond. Lots of almond. I also tasted a whack of coconut, which is probably why I’m not a huge fan of this tea. I don’t really see why the coconut was even added; the other two nuts on their own should have been enough “oily on the tongue” texture and flavour, along with the green base and the pineapple. Wish I could have picked it out.

I won’t be refilling my tin with this tea, but I wouldn’t be adversed to buying it again in a smaller amount at a later date. I love too many other teas right now to be bothered…

I must have a poorly distributed tin of this because I’m not getting any of the flavours the good reviews mention :( There is no nutty flavour in this tea, which is a bitter disappointment considering my favourite teas are nutty teas! It’s definitely creamy but there’s really no toasted walnut flavour. I get a toasted green tea, much like a genmaicha. Almost grassy? I don’t know how else to explain it really. Once cooled, the pineapple is more pronounced, but still not nutty enough! Such a shame. I really wanted to like this one.

nice tea. simple but delightfully nutty.

Ok—this is one of my favorite greens of all time. I was actually in the mood for a black tea tonight, and pulled this out thinking it was a black until I poured the light colored liquid into my mug. It smelled so nuttily delicious I didn’t mind a bit. It has a full enough flavor for black tea lovers, which is awesome.

What a win DT has here! No wonder it’s so popular. DT has managed to combine the two things you most want to do on a high-of-15-degrees-Fahrenheit day like today: 1) sit on a beach under a palm tree, and/or 2) snuggle up next to a fire. Pineapple, coconuts and walnuts together (with emphasis on the nuts)—who would’a guessed? It’s the perfect cuppa right now. :)

Tried this in the DT advent calendar. Pretty good. Wouldn’t purchase for my shelf though.

This tea is delicious but I would’t buy it regularly due to the artificial flavouring. Light, sweet, walnutty taste. Mmmmm. I could drink 3 or 4 cups at once.