Toasted Walnut

Green Tea
Almonds, Coconut, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pineapple, Sencha, Walnuts
Nutty, Creamy, Sweet, Caramel, Milk, Nuts, Roast nuts, Roasted, Roasted nuts, Smooth, Toasted, Vanilla, Walnut, Brown Sugar, Pecan, Cream, Custard, Kettle Corn, Nectar, Nut Fruits, Pastries, Popcorn, Spices, Winter Honey, Almond, Seaweed, Forest Floor, Coconut, Pineapple, Hazelnut, Green, Butter, Fruity, Melon, Tart, White Chocolate, Toasty, Grass, Toast, Earth, Candy, Cookie, Peanut, Cake, Ocean Air
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “Has it really been two months since I last drank this one?? Maybe I’m just confused because I’ve sent it off in a bunch of swaps :P It’s oddly cloudy today. Tastes alright, but...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3069 tasting notes
  • “I just finished this one, and I have to say: I’m a little sad to see it go. I thoroughly enjoyed it, although it isn’t an “absolute-gotta-have-it-love” There are so many other types of tea out...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 357 tasting notes
  • “This smells fragrantly nutty both dry and brewed – more of almond than walnut. Tastes mostly of almond flavoring but there is also some fruitiness from the pineapple. Sweet with a bit of...” Read full tasting note
    caile 279 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to Krystalen for sending me this lovely tea! So it’s the afternoon here, and I’m about to embark on a 3 day weekend. I should be feeling a bit happier, but...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2816 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Drink it fireside

Traditional Chinese medicine says walnuts are a warming food. Which makes sense, because this is the kind of tea you spontaneously want to cozy up to on a cold winter afternoon. The comforting, lightly bitter taste of toasted walnuts is sweetened and deepened with dried pineapple, coconut, almond and organic green tea. Sip it in front of an open fire and chase away the cold.

Ingredients: Chinese sencha green tea, nut brittle, candied pineapple, coconut rasps, almond flakes, walnut bits.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I’ve been wanting to try this for a while now, though when I heard it had coconut and pineapple I did hesitate (which is probably why I’ve put it off for a while). This is not what I would have been expecting based off the name alone. It starts out with the coconut and toasted walnuts, true to the name, which then merges into a really intense, juicy, caramelized pineapple. Finally it mellows out into a light pine nut/almond note. This is great if you’re looking for a light flavoured green tea (the tea its self doesn’t really stand out much) that is a little more multi-dimensional. A happy addition to the cupboard.

Flavors: Almond, Coconut, Nuts, Pineapple, Walnut

Toasted Walnut, one of Davidstea’s most popular teas. This smooth, buttery tea feels like a warm elixir in your belly and on the tongue. A heavy but not overwhelming nutty flavour brings you right back to autumn evenings. I love this tea!

Flavors: Almond, Butter, Walnut

The smell of the tea was okay and it had a hint of walnut in the taste (which always reminds me of forever nuts) but the rest of it was just too overpowering for me. I’m not really into Green Teas so much lately so I found it really hard to drink.

I’ve only had it once, but let me tell you it made me want more!

This is a great green tea with a little ‘something’ extra! Nice and smooth, slightly nutty, i didn’t really taste the pineapple. Which is great because i think if i had, i wouldn’t of liked it as much!

Flavors: Nutty, Smooth

180 °F / 82 °C 3 min, 45 sec 5 g 16 OZ / 473 ML

Hands down amazing.
Was not expecting that…
Smooth texture with creamy notes to accompany the walnut taste. Good job David’s Tea, this is fantastic!

So…sending me the same free sample repeatedly has finally paid off for the folks at DT because I’ve recently purchased 150 grams of this tea.

Huzzah!

This is the only permanent flavored green tea from DT (that I’ve tried thus far) that I would consider adding as a staple in my collection. Many people seem to dislike this tea but I really enjoy it. It’s wonderful – lightly sweetened and iced.

It’s a dessert tea, through and through. The name is puzzling because I don’t think it tastes like walnuts, toasted or otherwise. I find it tastes like a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie that’s had dried pineapple and coconut added to the batter.

I imagine it would be quite nice hot with some non-dairy milk (almond or coconut or hazelnut milk, yum!), but, for now, I’m perfectly content to drink it cold or over ice.

Flavors: Coconut, Nuts, Pineapple

It’s a nice nutty – I taste more of almond like flavour but you do get a hint of walnut. It’s not too sweet and not too bitter. The fruit flavours are really subtle and sometimes can be steeped right out of the tea if oversteeped, but when they are present they have a nice underlying taste to it. Not very good as a cold drink, I found.

Flavors: Almond, Coconut, Creamy, Fruity, Melon, Pineapple, Sweet, Vanilla, Walnut

This didn’t taste like much.

I found that the toasted walnut flavour and almond overpowered the sencha, and it tasted a tad too artificial for my liking (personal preference). The fruit in it didn’t mix very well with the walnut and left a tart aftertaste. If someone gave me a cup and told me that it is made from nuts and a small amount of pineapple, with no green tea, I would believe them.

Flavors: Almond, Coconut, Nutty, Tart, Walnut

This is probably one of my favourite green tea’s, and one of my favourite hot tea’s ever. The smell is like a creamy vanilla-coconut dessert and the taste is like a white chocolate cake with hazelnuts and coconut shavings. SO GOOD.

Flavors: Coconut, Hazelnut, Vanilla, White Chocolate