Toasted Walnut

Green Tea
Almonds, Coconut, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pineapple, Sencha, Walnuts
Walnut, Almond, Nutty, Seaweed, Forest Floor, Coconut, Nuts, Pineapple, Hazelnut, Creamy, Green, Butter, Smooth, Fruity, Melon, Sweet, Vanilla, Tart, White Chocolate, Toasty, Caramel, Grass, Toast, Earth, Candy, Cookie, Cream, Peanut, Cake, Ocean Air
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “Has it really been two months since I last drank this one?? Maybe I’m just confused because I’ve sent it off in a bunch of swaps :P It’s oddly cloudy today. Tastes alright, but...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3065 tasting notes
  • “I just finished this one, and I have to say: I’m a little sad to see it go. I thoroughly enjoyed it, although it isn’t an “absolute-gotta-have-it-love” There are so many other types of tea out...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 357 tasting notes
  • “This smells fragrantly nutty both dry and brewed – more of almond than walnut. Tastes mostly of almond flavoring but there is also some fruitiness from the pineapple. Sweet with a bit of...” Read full tasting note
    caile 254 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to Krystalen for sending me this lovely tea! So it’s the afternoon here, and I’m about to embark on a 3 day weekend. I should be feeling a bit happier, but...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2815 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Drink it fireside

Traditional Chinese medicine says walnuts are a warming food. Which makes sense, because this is the kind of tea you spontaneously want to cozy up to on a cold winter afternoon. The comforting, lightly bitter taste of toasted walnuts is sweetened and deepened with dried pineapple, coconut, almond and organic green tea. Sip it in front of an open fire and chase away the cold.

Ingredients: Chinese sencha green tea, nut brittle, candied pineapple, coconut rasps, almond flakes, walnut bits.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Hands down amazing.
Was not expecting that…
Smooth texture with creamy notes to accompany the walnut taste. Good job David’s Tea, this is fantastic!

So…sending me the same free sample repeatedly has finally paid off for the folks at DT because I’ve recently purchased 150 grams of this tea.

Huzzah!

This is the only permanent flavored green tea from DT (that I’ve tried thus far) that I would consider adding as a staple in my collection. Many people seem to dislike this tea but I really enjoy it. It’s wonderful – lightly sweetened and iced.

It’s a dessert tea, through and through. The name is puzzling because I don’t think it tastes like walnuts, toasted or otherwise. I find it tastes like a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie that’s had dried pineapple and coconut added to the batter.

I imagine it would be quite nice hot with some non-dairy milk (almond or coconut or hazelnut milk, yum!), but, for now, I’m perfectly content to drink it cold or over ice.

Flavors: Coconut, Nuts, Pineapple

It’s a nice nutty – I taste more of almond like flavour but you do get a hint of walnut. It’s not too sweet and not too bitter. The fruit flavours are really subtle and sometimes can be steeped right out of the tea if oversteeped, but when they are present they have a nice underlying taste to it. Not very good as a cold drink, I found.

Flavors: Almond, Coconut, Creamy, Fruity, Melon, Pineapple, Sweet, Vanilla, Walnut

This didn’t taste like much.

I found that the toasted walnut flavour and almond overpowered the sencha, and it tasted a tad too artificial for my liking (personal preference). The fruit in it didn’t mix very well with the walnut and left a tart aftertaste. If someone gave me a cup and told me that it is made from nuts and a small amount of pineapple, with no green tea, I would believe them.

Flavors: Almond, Coconut, Nutty, Tart, Walnut

This is probably one of my favourite green tea’s, and one of my favourite hot tea’s ever. The smell is like a creamy vanilla-coconut dessert and the taste is like a white chocolate cake with hazelnuts and coconut shavings. SO GOOD.

Flavors: Coconut, Hazelnut, Vanilla, White Chocolate

I had been putting off trying this because I wasn’t big on Forever Nuts. BUT – I consider Toasted Walnut much better.

I found this one of the most complex tasting teas that I’ve ever had. As it was steeping I was struck by a sweet vanilla scent. It took me a second to realize it was my tea.

Upon first taste, I thought vanilla. Second sip, hmm…a bit nutty, a bit toasty, some coconut. Third sip, back to vanilla. I felt like my taste buds kept jumping every time I took a sip. It was cool.

I’d describe this tea as very comforting and smooth. The type of tea you want to have when you’ve been outside all day in the cold.

Although it is a good tea, I don’t see myself making it part of my permanent collection since it’s not OMFG-AMAZING-CRAVING-IT good.

Flavors: Coconut, Nuts, Toasty, Vanilla

I find this tea comes to me in waves of enjoyment. Some weeks i’ll drink it non-stop and some weeks it’s entirely unappealing. I’m just about to finish off the sample I got for Christmas; really loving this cup right now. For some reason, I don’t see myself ever getting it again just cause.. I actually think I’ve yet to find a tea that I’ll always have around. It is, however, my favourite nutty tea. At least so far.

Though I can’t say my experience with nutty teas is overly expansive, I definitely can appreciate this for its very true taste. Very prominently walnut/almond, tastes just like the nuts. I don’t think I can honestly say that I’ve had a fruit tea that tastes exactly like the fruits themselves; it’s always a more fictionalized version, the absence of which seems to be something of definite character for the world of nut teas.

Flavors: Almond, Nutty, Walnut

4 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I got home tired… From work, from walking in a cool and rainy weather…. Plus hungry and sleepy… Aah…tired! I need to drink tea… Just the thought of sipping green tea while relaxing…makes me feel…happier!
This tea never disappointed me. From the smell to the taste, up to the last drop… Yum! (That’s what my taste buds says, I don’t know with you guys…. :-)) Happy drinking, tea-lovers!

Flavors: Almond, Butter, Caramel, Coconut, Nuts, Nutty

Sample from Ost. Thank you!

This did taste primarily of walnuts. It was a nice light nutty flavor, but the sample came pre-sweetened, which I’m not a fan of. It’s unclear to me if that’s because it was a sample, or if the tea normally comes that way. I’d be interested in checking it out if it normally came unsweetened.