Toasted Walnut

Green Tea
Almonds, Coconut, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pineapple, Sencha, Walnuts
Butter, Cake, Pineapple, Walnut, Coconut
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “Has it really been two months since I last drank this one?? Maybe I'm just confused because I've sent it off in a bunch of swaps :P It's oddly cloudy today. Tastes alright, but not sure what's...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2246 tasting notes
  • “I just finished this one, and I have to say: I’m a little sad to see it go. I thoroughly enjoyed it, although it isn’t an “absolute-gotta-have-it-love” There are so many other types of tea out...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes
  • “This smells fragrantly nutty both dry and brewed - more of almond than walnut. Tastes mostly of almond flavoring but there is also some fruitiness from the pineapple. Sweet with a bit of...” Read full tasting note
    caile 168 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to *Krystalen* for sending me this lovely tea! So it's the afternoon here, and I'm about to embark on a 3 day weekend. I should be feeling a bit happier, but instead am kinda glum. Perhaps...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2397 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Drink it fireside

Traditional Chinese medicine says walnuts are a warming food. Which makes sense, because this is the kind of tea you spontaneously want to cozy up to on a cold winter afternoon. The comforting, lightly bitter taste of toasted walnuts is sweetened and deepened with dried pineapple, coconut, almond and organic green tea. Sip it in front of an open fire and chase away the cold.

Ingredients: Chinese sencha green tea, nut brittle, candied pineapple, coconut rasps, almond flakes, walnut bits.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I love drinking this tea in the morning. It is not too fruity or sweet, and although I don’t usually really like coconut, it brings out a nice flavour in the tea.

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this one. I don’t mind green tea, but I’m not a huge fan, either. Toasted Walnut has a great smell to it, and a nice, delicate taste. I’m not sure how walnutty it really was, but that’s ok, as it tasted good anyway.

The second infusion was even lighter tasting, but still good. I have enough for a few more cups before I have to decide if I’ll replenish.

Just tried this tea the other day in store, thought that even though it had an ugly green colour that the taste was very flavourful and tasted like walnuts. I also was surprised that it didn’t taste like green tea to me, it kinda reminded me of David’s Tea flavour “Forever Nuts”, if you have every tried and liked that flavour then you definatley need to check out Toasted Walnut.

This tea has a strange after-taste. Maybe from the walnut? I don’t know how to explain it..I think that maybe when it comes to green tea, I should stick to drinking it straight without any other things added.

Huge fan of this one. If you like nuttier teas, this one is a perfect blend…and smells great too.

I was expecting it to taste more like nuts than it actually does, but I don’t mind at all! It’s very smooth and cozy in the mouth, and I have a hankering for more…

I love this green tea – it tastes warm and comforting. The walnut taste is very prominent and is nice with the taste of the green tea, I find they compliment eachother nicely. It’s even better with a teaspoon of honey!

mmmm yummy….smells like cookies or cake baking in the over. This has a nice creamy finish to it. I enjoy this as a dessert tea or even a morning cup.

I love this tea. One of the best green teas I have had. Such a nice light taste. If I’m looking for a gift for someone I usually buy them this tea and everyone always wants more! Mmmmm

Well…. At first, it’s just a sweet green tea, but then when you’re least expecting it the walnut smacks you in the face (or mouth?) and then comes the after taste (which is the best part!) it’s a nice sweet walnut, sweet taste with some sort of maple which is really quite delicious however the flavour is a little on the weak side, but still a decent tea. I just got a sample and I might go back and pick up a tin sometime this week. Orverall, not bad for a nice, sweet light tea. =)