Toasted Walnut

Green Tea
Almonds, Coconut, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pineapple, Sencha, Walnuts
Almond, Coconut, Pineapple, Green, Nutty, Pecan, Roasted nuts, Walnut, Maple, Sweet, Creamy, Caramel, Milk, Nuts, Roast nuts, Roasted, Smooth, Toasted, Vanilla, Brown Sugar, Cream, Custard, Kettle Corn, Nectar, Nut Fruits, Pastries, Popcorn, Spices, Winter Honey, Seaweed, Forest Floor, Hazelnut, Butter, Fruity, Melon, Tart, White Chocolate, Toasty, Grass, Toast, Earth, Candy, Cookie, Peanut, Cake, Ocean Air
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “Has it really been two months since I last drank this one?? Maybe I’m just confused because I’ve sent it off in a bunch of swaps :P It’s oddly cloudy today. Tastes alright, but...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3134 tasting notes
  • “I just finished this one, and I have to say: I’m a little sad to see it go. I thoroughly enjoyed it, although it isn’t an “absolute-gotta-have-it-love” There are so many other types of tea out...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 357 tasting notes
  • “This smells fragrantly nutty both dry and brewed – more of almond than walnut. Tastes mostly of almond flavoring but there is also some fruitiness from the pineapple. Sweet with a bit of...” Read full tasting note
    caile 292 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to Krystalen for sending me this lovely tea! So it’s the afternoon here, and I’m about to embark on a 3 day weekend. I should be feeling a bit happier, but...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2816 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Drink it fireside

Traditional Chinese medicine says walnuts are a warming food. Which makes sense, because this is the kind of tea you spontaneously want to cozy up to on a cold winter afternoon. The comforting, lightly bitter taste of toasted walnuts is sweetened and deepened with dried pineapple, coconut, almond and organic green tea. Sip it in front of an open fire and chase away the cold.

Ingredients: Chinese sencha green tea, nut brittle, candied pineapple, coconut rasps, almond flakes, walnut bits.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Ok, I’m on the 2nd steep for this one. A few more notes, it seems to have an oil slick that sits on top of the steeped tea. It’s also quite cloudy. The scent is pretty green. I guess if you have in mind that you should be smelling pineapple and walnut, you can will your mind to smell them. I don’t.
The taste is ok, like a nutty green tea. But it still isn’t my favourite as nut teas go.

Flavors: Green, Nutty

A nice subtle tea for a Monday back at work

Flavors: Coconut, Green, Pineapple, Walnut

200 °F / 93 °C
Chris Coppens

Straight to the point, good review!

I’m not generally a green tea drinker, but I received this one for Christmas and it sounded delicious!
Definitely get the walnut flavour in this tea (and there are HUGE walnut pieces in it – ps they were very tasty hahaha). Nutty and subtly sweet – I will definitely drink this green again!

Bit of sweetness and some good walnut + green tea taste.

Got this as a sample in my David’s order. I never would have thought to try this one because it sounds so plain — and I’m no fan of walnuts — but a look at the ingredient list shows it has a lot going on: hazelnut brittle, pineapple, coconut. It smells divine (it’s the hazelnut mostly). The flavor isn’t nearly as strong as the aroma, but it’s mellow and pleasant and definitely nutty, if not exactly walnutty.

But in my mind hazelnut always comes with chocolate, and this tea is giving me a deep craving for Nutella. I don’t know if my brain can accept hazelnut on its own. I keep feeling like I’m missing some factor in the flavor equation. I just need some Nutella and French bread and then this tea would be the absolute best.

This smells strongly of coconut, which doesn’t really fit the name, but whatever I guess. xD
Been wanting to try this tea recently, and in my order, they sent this as one of the samples! So my lucky day, right?? :D
The flavor is mainly coconut to me, and hints of walnut throughout the cup…But not really too nutty. I was expecting it to be a lot more nutty, since Davids’ seems to make their nutty teas WAYYYYYYYYY too nutty to me xD
But they did okay with this one. I was pleasantly surprised.
It’s very sweet, and coconut-y. Not bad at all!
But wouldn’t drink more of it. Just happy to try!

Flavors: Coconut, Sweet, Walnut

I was disappointed with this one. I was expecting something a little more flavourful and complex. It just seemed boring to me. On the plus side, it was rich, nutty and earthy and the light coconut flavour was nice. However, It didn’t seem sweet enough for me and was lacking the fruit flavour that I was expecting to be mingled in with the other ingredients. I wouldn’t reach for this tea very often. I don’t hate it but I don’t love it either. Just not exciting or special enough for me.

Flavors: Coconut, Earth, Nutty

I’m pleasantly surprised by this tea because I’ve had a hard time finding a green tea that I like. My friend recommended this though after having the same trouble, and I’m happy that she did. This is a nice way to avoid some of the weird aftertaste that I find with green teas, with a slightly sweeter finish. The walnut isn’t overpowering, either, which I appreciate.

Flavors: Almond, Coconut, Pineapple, Walnut

I received a sample of this with my David’s order (hadn’t ordered from David’s before, but was pulled in by their Pumpkin offerings…).
This tea reminds me of the Grandma I never had. In my imagination, I like to pretend that I have this amazing Grandma and that she would bake me treats that would probably contain pineapple and walnuts (why would they contain pineapple and walnuts? I’m not really sure, but it just seems like they type of baked good Grandmas would really be into). I imagine she’d have tacky wallpaper, but I’d love it just because it would remind me of her. We’d have tea together, nothing fancy, just comfy mugs and treats. This tea smells (and tastes) like the baked good that would be on my imaginary Grandmas imaginary kitchen table…. It’s really, really comforting.
Imaginary Grandma, you’re the best. :)

boychik

None of my Grandmas baked anything. They were baking challenged ( me too, runs in a family, haha). So can we imagine together ? ;-)

Sami Kelsh

Imaginary Grandma would take walnuts and pineapple and whip up a glorious hummingbird cake! I aspire to BE that grandma one day. Guess I should deal with having my own kids first, but I’d rather be baking…

DeliriumsFrogs

Yes! I’d love to imagine together, boychik! :)
Oh, a hummingbird cake! Sami, that’s perfect!

carol who

I remember telling my children we were going to have hummingbird cake and them freaking out!! They are in their 30’s and we still laugh about it. ;-p

DeliriumsFrogs

Carol Who, that’s so funny! lol

I probably would never have tried this tea if I couldn’t have tasted it first, so I was lucky that this was the tea of the day. In this case, the sweetness of the tea works in its favor, making the nutty notes more creamy and cookie-like. Even without sugar or a milk, this tea tastes late-like, and my barista recommended it as a late for a future order. A toasted green tea base gives some body to this tea, and goes nicely with the walnut, keeping in the smooth, earthy, dusty palette. The pineapple is barely noticeable, otherwise this could have tasted more tropical. My understanding is that the tea gets its creaminess from the coconut, though again, it does not taste too much like a pina colada. Nut brittle is listed in its ingredients and that is an accurate description of this tea, which makes it feel appropriate for the harvest season and upcoming holiday season.

Flavors: Candy, Caramel, Coconut, Cookie, Cream, Nuts, Peanut