Toasted Walnut

Green Tea
Almonds, Coconut, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pineapple, Sencha, Walnuts
Almond, Coconut, Nutty, Tart, Walnut, Hazelnut, Vanilla, White Chocolate, Nuts, Toasty, Butter, Caramel, Grass, Toast, Green, Pineapple, Sweet, Earth, Candy, Cookie, Cream, Peanut, Creamy, Cake, Fruity, Ocean Air, Seaweed
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “Has it really been two months since I last drank this one?? Maybe I’m just confused because I’ve sent it off in a bunch of swaps :P It’s oddly cloudy today. Tastes...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2831 tasting notes
  • “I just finished this one, and I have to say: I’m a little sad to see it go. I thoroughly enjoyed it, although it isn’t an “absolute-gotta-have-it-love” There are so many other types of tea out...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 354 tasting notes
  • “This smells fragrantly nutty both dry and brewed – more of almond than walnut. Tastes mostly of almond flavoring but there is also some fruitiness from the pineapple. Sweet with a bit of...” Read full tasting note
    caile 216 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to Krystalen for sending me this lovely tea! So it’s the afternoon here, and I’m about to embark on a 3 day weekend. I should be feeling a bit happier, but...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2725 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Drink it fireside

Traditional Chinese medicine says walnuts are a warming food. Which makes sense, because this is the kind of tea you spontaneously want to cozy up to on a cold winter afternoon. The comforting, lightly bitter taste of toasted walnuts is sweetened and deepened with dried pineapple, coconut, almond and organic green tea. Sip it in front of an open fire and chase away the cold.

Ingredients: Chinese sencha green tea, nut brittle, candied pineapple, coconut rasps, almond flakes, walnut bits.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Yet another tea I just re-discovered from 2008. The stale-ness of the tea doesn’t add much to the flavour, but I remember not being all that impressed with it back in the day when it was fresh.

I would call this tea “toasted almond” since I literally taste zero walnut in it. Even when I added a giant chunk of walnut to the filter, still nothing. Not necessarily a bad thing; ironically I’m not a fan of walnuts. Ha.

To me, the pineapple doesn’t add anything other than a sweetness in the background. It’s weird, because I can really taste the pineapple in other teas when candied pineapple bits are one of the ingredients. But not this one. I definitely taste almond. Lots of almond. I also tasted a whack of coconut, which is probably why I’m not a huge fan of this tea. I don’t really see why the coconut was even added; the other two nuts on their own should have been enough “oily on the tongue” texture and flavour, along with the green base and the pineapple. Wish I could have picked it out.

I won’t be refilling my tin with this tea, but I wouldn’t be adversed to buying it again in a smaller amount at a later date. I love too many other teas right now to be bothered…

I must have a poorly distributed tin of this because I’m not getting any of the flavours the good reviews mention :( There is no nutty flavour in this tea, which is a bitter disappointment considering my favourite teas are nutty teas! It’s definitely creamy but there’s really no toasted walnut flavour. I get a toasted green tea, much like a genmaicha. Almost grassy? I don’t know how else to explain it really. Once cooled, the pineapple is more pronounced, but still not nutty enough! Such a shame. I really wanted to like this one.

nice tea. simple but delightfully nutty.

Ok—this is one of my favorite greens of all time. I was actually in the mood for a black tea tonight, and pulled this out thinking it was a black until I poured the light colored liquid into my mug. It smelled so nuttily delicious I didn’t mind a bit. It has a full enough flavor for black tea lovers, which is awesome.

What a win DT has here! No wonder it’s so popular. DT has managed to combine the two things you most want to do on a high-of-15-degrees-Fahrenheit day like today: 1) sit on a beach under a palm tree, and/or 2) snuggle up next to a fire. Pineapple, coconuts and walnuts together (with emphasis on the nuts)—who would’a guessed? It’s the perfect cuppa right now. :)

Tried this in the DT advent calendar. Pretty good. Wouldn’t purchase for my shelf though.

This tea is delicious but I would’t buy it regularly due to the artificial flavouring. Light, sweet, walnutty taste. Mmmmm. I could drink 3 or 4 cups at once.

I love drinking this tea in the morning. It is not too fruity or sweet, and although I don’t usually really like coconut, it brings out a nice flavour in the tea.

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this one. I don’t mind green tea, but I’m not a huge fan, either. Toasted Walnut has a great smell to it, and a nice, delicate taste. I’m not sure how walnutty it really was, but that’s ok, as it tasted good anyway.

The second infusion was even lighter tasting, but still good. I have enough for a few more cups before I have to decide if I’ll replenish.

Woweeeeee! I first tried this tea … two years ago? Three years? I don’t even remember. Much like I really didn’t remember how this tea tasted, just that my impression of it at the time was “No thank you”. I made it to one of the stores over the weekend, and decided what the heck, I’ve been meaning to drink more greens this year, might as well give this another go. It smelled DIVINE in the tin, which helped matters along quickly, and I grabbed 25g. This is toasty, nutty, and subtly sweet. The pineapple isn’t out of place like I feared it would be. Definitely not a tart tea (phew). There’s some light vegetal-grass-green coming out at the back of the sip, but overall, I’m kind of loving this? Is it my cold? Is it making my taste buds change? Or is it just time? Either way, I think I’m going to have to grab more of this! It’s kind of everything I wished Forever Nuts was. Warmly nutty and still tea-like, as opposed to crazy pink, artificial, and weirdly tangy-sour from too much fruit. Shudder.

I tried it as a latte before I left for the week—decided I’d leave all my nut teas home—and oh goodness. So much happiness. I brewed it half in water, half in almond coconut milk, and added in a spoon of honey. Mmmm. And . . . now I’m craving it. Drats.

Maddy Barone

This was one of my samples with my last David’s order. I haven’t tried it yet, as I’m not fond of green teas. But you’ve made me curious. Perhaps this will be my tea tomorrow.

sweetea

I can’t wait to know what you think of it! I liked it so much more than I thought I would (fruity greens usually spell disaster for me).

Just tried this tea the other day in store, thought that even though it had an ugly green colour that the taste was very flavourful and tasted like walnuts. I also was surprised that it didn’t taste like green tea to me, it kinda reminded me of David’s Tea flavour “Forever Nuts”, if you have every tried and liked that flavour then you definatley need to check out Toasted Walnut.