Toasted Walnut

Green Tea
Almonds, Coconut, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pineapple, Sencha, Walnuts
Candy, Caramel, Coconut, Cookie, Cream, Nuts, Peanut, Butter, Creamy, Grass, Sweet, Cake, Pineapple, Walnut
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “Has it really been two months since I last drank this one?? Maybe I'm just confused because I've sent it off in a bunch of swaps :P It's oddly cloudy today. Tastes alright, but not sure what's...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2276 tasting notes
  • “I just finished this one, and I have to say: I’m a little sad to see it go. I thoroughly enjoyed it, although it isn’t an “absolute-gotta-have-it-love” There are so many other types of tea out...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes
  • “This smells fragrantly nutty both dry and brewed - more of almond than walnut. Tastes mostly of almond flavoring but there is also some fruitiness from the pineapple. Sweet with a bit of...” Read full tasting note
    caile 171 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to *Krystalen* for sending me this lovely tea! So it's the afternoon here, and I'm about to embark on a 3 day weekend. I should be feeling a bit happier, but instead am kinda glum. Perhaps...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2420 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Drink it fireside

Traditional Chinese medicine says walnuts are a warming food. Which makes sense, because this is the kind of tea you spontaneously want to cozy up to on a cold winter afternoon. The comforting, lightly bitter taste of toasted walnuts is sweetened and deepened with dried pineapple, coconut, almond and organic green tea. Sip it in front of an open fire and chase away the cold.

Ingredients: Chinese sencha green tea, nut brittle, candied pineapple, coconut rasps, almond flakes, walnut bits.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I love this tea. One of the best green teas I have had. Such a nice light taste. If I’m looking for a gift for someone I usually buy them this tea and everyone always wants more! Mmmmm

Well…. At first, it’s just a sweet green tea, but then when you’re least expecting it the walnut smacks you in the face (or mouth?) and then comes the after taste (which is the best part!) it’s a nice sweet walnut, sweet taste with some sort of maple which is really quite delicious however the flavour is a little on the weak side, but still a decent tea. I just got a sample and I might go back and pick up a tin sometime this week. Orverall, not bad for a nice, sweet light tea. =)

Enjoying this tea after a day of work on a day between winter and spring. I love the combination of apple and nuts with the green tea- it’s kind of like a liquid hug! One of the first David’s Teas I tried and still love it today!

Oh this tea is amazing! A very mild green tea (I over-steeped mine and it didn’t even get slightly bitter!) with an amazingly sweet walnut undertone. It’s smooth and light.

This tea is fabulous.. it really warms you up inside. Great while studying

I’m a green tea girl at heart. But lately I’ve been sticking more to blacks because I just need more caffeine. This tea reminded me why I love green tea so much. The nuts (subtle which is what I like) and the fruit balance each other out perfectly. I like to crumble the larger chunks of walnut into smaller pieces so that the walnuts last longer and because honestly, can you actually “steep” the flavour out of a walnut? And if you can, wouldn’t it work better if it was in smaller pieces? But that’s just me. Anyway. I had to buy a big tin.

16/24
hurrah! i’ve been wanting to try this one. i got some for my dad and he really likes it, and when i smelled it dry, it reminded me of almond roca (my faaavourite christmas treat!) plus green tea, which is always welcome.
nice! less of that creamy smell when steeped but you get that lovely nutty overtone. the flavour really comes through nicely as well. this would go great with some kind of really sweet, chocolaty dessert i would imagine.

One of the most pleasant teas to drink! I absolutely love the smell, I can’t believe I have never come across anything like this before! The coconut and cream smells I am getting from this make me think I am drinking a wonderful light dessert :)

It’s not as nutty as I hoped it would be, but that’s actually alright – it maintains a great balance between nut and coconut, with a bit of a grassy bite. I steeped it for a little too long I think and so it’s quite astringenty, but still easy enough to drink. I’ll have to review it again when I don’t forget to leave it steeping.

The smell of it raw is incredible. The walnut is definitely there, as is an almond and coconut syrup smell, all toasted together for a slightly sweet nutty scent.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

The first David’s tea I’d ever tried and good enough that I’m willing to try anything they do! Heavenly! The walnut and coconut go so well with the green tea, so smooth but great flavour too. Comforting and warming.