Toasted Walnut

Green Tea
Almonds, Coconut, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pineapple, Sencha, Walnuts
Butter, Cake, Pineapple, Walnut, Coconut
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “Has it really been two months since I last drank this one?? Maybe I'm just confused because I've sent it off in a bunch of swaps :P It's oddly cloudy today. Tastes alright, but not sure what's...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2245 tasting notes
  • “I just finished this one, and I have to say: I’m a little sad to see it go. I thoroughly enjoyed it, although it isn’t an “absolute-gotta-have-it-love” There are so many other types of tea out...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes
  • “This smells fragrantly nutty both dry and brewed - more of almond than walnut. Tastes mostly of almond flavoring but there is also some fruitiness from the pineapple. Sweet with a bit of...” Read full tasting note
    caile 167 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to *Krystalen* for sending me this lovely tea! So it's the afternoon here, and I'm about to embark on a 3 day weekend. I should be feeling a bit happier, but instead am kinda glum. Perhaps...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2389 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Drink it fireside

Traditional Chinese medicine says walnuts are a warming food. Which makes sense, because this is the kind of tea you spontaneously want to cozy up to on a cold winter afternoon. The comforting, lightly bitter taste of toasted walnuts is sweetened and deepened with dried pineapple, coconut, almond and organic green tea. Sip it in front of an open fire and chase away the cold.

Ingredients: Chinese sencha green tea, nut brittle, candied pineapple, coconut rasps, almond flakes, walnut bits.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Just finishing a cup of this…It smells great when you open the bag, and I had lots of walnut pieces as well. It smelled good enough that even my boyfriend (who limits his teas to nepal black, cold 911, and peppermint amour) tried some. He only drank about half his cup though, and I can’t say I blame him.

As great as this smelled dry, the actual taste was a bit disappointing. It still smelled quite good brewed, but it tasted sort of muddled – it didn’t seem that much like toasted walnut, but at the same time I didn’t really get a whole lot of green tea taste either.

I’m seeing that a few people have recommended it iced, so I’ll probably give it another try; I still have a decent bit left.

This is one of my favourite tea ! I’m not the biggest fan of green tea but i’m absolutely in love with this one. The balance in this tea is incredible; It’s sweet, coconut-y, there is a little bit of bitterness that I like from the green tea with an subtle aftertaste of walnuts.
It smells like freshed baked cookies. So comforting and delicious, it’s the perfect tea for cold days!
I need to get a 100g tin of this .

I ran out of green tea at my house and decided to pick up two from DAVIDs (this and Green Seduction)

The loose leaf and flavoring smelled pretty good to me. When I brewed it at home, it just seemed way too sweet, and it also reminded me of caramel candies (which I don’t like)

My husband seems to like it, so it’s not a complete loss. I’m just not fond of overly sweet drinks.

YellowBoxFish

Keep the steeping time shorter! If you understeep, you’ll get more of the greentea taste and less of the dried fruit flavour :)

When I first smelled this tea, I couldn’t quite place what it reminded me of. Then my friend exclaimed “it smells like cookies!” and she was so right.

Brewed, this tea has a nice clean flavour. The coconut and pineapple are first, and the (not too bitter) walnut follows up.

I was short on time and used water that was a bit too hot, but it still brewed nicely.

I think I’m just not a fan of tea with almonds or walnuts in them. Boo. Almond flavoring is good, but actual almonds or walnuts throw me off. This is okay, I guess, but with both almond and green tea in the mix, it isn’t for me. Still, I’m glad to have tried it in my Advent Calendar! Not going to rate this as it wasn’t something I’d pick out for myself. It was nutty, for sure, but in a bitter way.

I can really hardly believe I haven’t done a review of this one yet! Especially since I only have one serving of the tea left. But I guess it happens to the best of us, haha. With the prediction of cooler weather to the island and a trip up to the farms this morning for some of the early harvest vegetables I thought I’d go with a comforting classic for my tea of the day.

Buttery, smoothly rich and warms all the way down. The taste of Toasted Walnut is just the subtle treat to drink to wind down. Yet at the same time the clean sweet notes of the green tea keeps your mind refreshed just enough to keep you energized for whatever the rest of the day might bring. Be it gardening or even curling up under the umbrella reading. Either way you are good to go.

This is one of my favorite teas. It is permanently inside my cupboard because it’s a cup full of memories and awesomeness. Toasted Walnut was, I think, my first flavored loose leaf tea. It was also the first tea I’ve ever purchased with my own money! I usually depend on my allowance (cough). Anyhow, now that I’m a ‘grown up’ and earning ‘grown up’ money I get to purchase little treasures. Along with Pumpkin Chai, they’ve been through with my low lows and my highest highs. They’re my pick-me-up teas so you can sense that I’m quite attached to them.

Toasted walnut is fabulous when it’s hot and just as divine when it’s ice cold. Adding a splash of sweetness enhances its down-to-earth tones. I do admit I have a sweet tooth but I don’t mind having it straight – it’s almost as great. You can definitely taste the walnut when it’s cold just an FYI. Generally, it is nutty, coconut-y, and smooth. It does get bitter when over-steeped. Nonetheless, it’s a great tea and I’m getting borderline biased. Or maybe I already am…

I enjoyed this tea, however I think because of the big hype it was getting from my friends that I had my expectations too high and didn’t think it was all that it seemed. I agree with some other reviews on here, that it just doesn’t have the unique flavour I wanted. Tasted similar to others, but still good tasting.

As you will soon find out, DAVIDsTEA is without a doubt my favourite tea shop!! I still remember the first time I ever set foot in DAVIDsTEA, during the middle of December after I had just finished writing a 3 hour exam. My fiance and I were out Christmas shopping, as one tends to do at the last minute, when we stumbled upon a new shop in our local mall. Curious to see what DAVIDsTEA was all about, we entered to browse around and were immediately offered a sample of ‘Toasted Walnut’. Much to our surprise, we fell in love with the warm, rich flavour that the combination of various nuts and green tea left us savoring long after we’d finished our samples. Intrigued by the concept of loose leaf tea, and pleasantly surprised with the immense flavour it held, we ended up leaving with two 100g tins (one Toasted Walnut, the other Love Tea #7). It was not long after this experience that we were back in DAVIDsTEA scouting out more flavours to add to our budding collection, which I am only too happy to discuss in subsequent blogs!
For now, I will end my first tea blog by saying that ‘Toasted Walnut’ presented a light, sweet and flavourful blend that proved green tea does not have to be bitter to be delicious!

BilichC

Well I for one,am interested in trying this “Toasted Walnut” tea for myself. I’m not a huge lover of green tea so if this beats the bitter then i’m game. Now if only there were a DAVID’s TEA around here somewhere. Nonetheless, will be on the hunt. Super excited your blogging. Keep it up! Looking forward to more posts :)

I wasn’t too impressed with this one. It wasn’t a dump out for me, but I don’t think I’d buy it again. I am a big walnut fan, however I grew up in an out port community, so fishing was big, and for some reason the scent of this tea reminds me of the smell of the air around that time, almost like fish. Does any body else get that scent as well, or am I just a nutter?

Teavangelical

I accidentally oversteeped a cup today and both I and my coworker thought it tasted slightly fishy/seaweedy too.