Toasted Walnut

Green Tea
Almonds, Coconut, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pineapple, Sencha, Walnuts
Butter, Cake, Pineapple, Walnut, Coconut
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “Has it really been two months since I last drank this one?? Maybe I'm just confused because I've sent it off in a bunch of swaps :P It's oddly cloudy today. Tastes alright, but not sure what's...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2246 tasting notes
  • “I just finished this one, and I have to say: I’m a little sad to see it go. I thoroughly enjoyed it, although it isn’t an “absolute-gotta-have-it-love” There are so many other types of tea out...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes
  • “This smells fragrantly nutty both dry and brewed - more of almond than walnut. Tastes mostly of almond flavoring but there is also some fruitiness from the pineapple. Sweet with a bit of...” Read full tasting note
    caile 168 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to *Krystalen* for sending me this lovely tea! So it's the afternoon here, and I'm about to embark on a 3 day weekend. I should be feeling a bit happier, but instead am kinda glum. Perhaps...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2402 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Drink it fireside

Traditional Chinese medicine says walnuts are a warming food. Which makes sense, because this is the kind of tea you spontaneously want to cozy up to on a cold winter afternoon. The comforting, lightly bitter taste of toasted walnuts is sweetened and deepened with dried pineapple, coconut, almond and organic green tea. Sip it in front of an open fire and chase away the cold.

Ingredients: Chinese sencha green tea, nut brittle, candied pineapple, coconut rasps, almond flakes, walnut bits.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Of course, this not what you’ve expected, like Forever Nuts. A tea just CAN’T get the nutty flavor as the first part of the taste. It’s always subtile, very profound in the tea basis.

That’s the case for this one.

The pineapple smash goes along with the green tea, but the tea smell like a cookies.
The wallnut follow just after, but a little light in taste.

Then, if you want a nutty tea, try Forever Nuts. The nutty feeling is more present than this one.

Ashley Bain

I’ve too noticed nuttiness is always subtle. I loveee Forever Nuts. So comforting. It should also be arriving soon :D I’m going to explode the day my David’s tea order arrives. EEEEEEE!!!!! Not much could make me happier..

I drank this last night to warm myself up. It’s wonderful for that. I can see how people may find it’s not as nutty as advertised, but I love the combination of nuttiness and fruity sweetness.

I am shopping our tea cupboard right now for green teas. Like I said, I have a very finicky relationship with greens and, in the interests of better future tea selection, I am trying to narrow down what I like and what I dislike in terms of green tea. Tonight I tried a sweeter, nut based green tea. I really like this tea. The liquor is naturally sweet (thanks to the pineapple I am guessing). The walnut flavour shines really strong. It is a little bitter (I tend to find walnuts fairly bitter), but nothing too serious. This is a nice sturdy tea that doesn’t need to be babysat to ensure a good steep, just toss in a scoop of leaves and let it do its thing!

Tried a little sample of this in-store, so not much to go on review-wise.

The smell of the dry leaves is like ice cream, butterscotch ripple to be exact. The taste, not as delicious, but drinkable. I’d have to buy some and try it at home to be sure, but I currently have enough tea right now.

When I first smelled this tea, I fell in love with the nuttiness of it. However, I wasn’t convinced that a nut tea could taste good iced (following my misadventure with Forever Nuts). With a free sample from one of the nice ladies in store, I loved it! The dry leaf smell is amazingly nutty, and also very creamy.

The flavor is kind of bitter from the green tea (I love that it comes through) and also the creaminess and nuttiness of the walnut is also amazing!

I don’t think I’ve ever tried a tea before that is just so buttery tasting! Yummy! At first when it was hot, I didn’t taste any of the fruity undertones, but as it cooled down I started tasting the coconut. It leaves a slightly bitter, nutty after taste that makes me keep feeling my teeth with my tongue checking for pieces of walnut! I don’t know if I’d drink this all the time, but this is definitely something I would have on occasion in the winter. It’s a very comforting taste.

Smells amazing, very Christmas-y. Sweet and rich flavor, I’m glad I have a free 60g bag of it :-)

I really wanted to like this tea, I really did……but I just can’t D: I’ve been eyeing this one ever since DT opened up in my town, but haven’t gotten around to getting it. Well, it almost being winter, and what with the weather being especially chilly, I decided to finally give it a go!

The scent is what really gave me the push to get a 100g tin of it. Smells like…..vanilla….and sugar cookies! Pretty much what everyone else describes here c: and I heard that if you like the hearty taste of genmaicha then you’ll probably like this tea. Not to mention just paring walnuts and green tea sounds sensational

Well, steeping it seems nummy….the odor it gives off is the same as the tin, maybe more toasty. it has little oil specks, but walnuts are a fatty nut, so that’s expected.

Taste: I’M SOOOO DISAPPOINTED D8
It’s just sooooooo weak. I can’t trace any green tea in it AT ALL. So basically it tastes like sweet walnut water *bleh! If only that was more green tea in there, this tea would totally work…..it would be my new thing! But alas, I had to return in the very next day…..That’s another great thing about DT, they can do exchanges no problem – I’ll give a review on the tea I got instead soonish. I just don’t understand how there can be next to no green tea flavours in there when I can clearly see them floating in my cup! Even when I over steep it – nothing! It doesn’t seem like a hard thing to blend right, so I dunno….

Had great potential, but that just made it fall harder when it was a miss.

I’m not usually a big fan of green tea but I like this one a lot ( probably because the taste of the green tea is really mild).
I like it because the walnut taste is also not too strong, just enough to be kind of soothing when my mood is not on top.
The sweetness of the pineapple and coconut give a good after taste.
All the ingredients are well balanced and the tea is comforting without being too sweet.

Like I said this is one of my favorite tea to drink when i’m feeling a little depressed.

This tea reeks of comfort. It smells warm and inviting in a way that could be almost irritating if you’re in a bitter sort of mood. It is reminiscent of vanilla scented candles and cookies right out of the oven. If you could taste the feeling of a warm fireplace on a cold autumn day, it would probably smell like Toasted Walnut.

I steeped this right before bed and the mild nutty flavour and vanilla scent have put me into a nice pre-sleep coma. When the steams settled a little (because my tastebuds can’t discern any flavour from most teas when they are piping hot) this tea tastes faintly of walnuts (I don’t pick up any notes of coconut, despite the frequent mentions of it.) and even more faintly of green tea. The undertones of green tea complement the stronger walnut aftertaste quite well.

While this tea doesn’t steep as strong a flavour as I’d like, it is one of those teas I turn to to make me happy when my go-to teas fail me. I’d recommend this to anyone who likes vanilla or baked goods, or usually veers away from nutty teas and is looking for something different to try.

P.s. This pairs well with ginger-cinnamon cookies.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more