Toasted Walnut

Green Tea
Butter, Cake, Pineapple, Walnut, Coconut
Edit tea info Last updated by Kittenna

• “Has it really been two months since I last drank this one?? Maybe I'm just confused because I've sent it off in a bunch of swaps :P It's oddly cloudy today. Tastes alright, but not sure what's...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2244 tasting notes
  • “I just finished this one, and I have to say: I’m a little sad to see it go. I thoroughly enjoyed it, although it isn’t an “absolute-gotta-have-it-love” There are so many other types of tea out...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes
  • “This smells fragrantly nutty both dry and brewed - more of almond than walnut. Tastes mostly of almond flavoring but there is also some fruitiness from the pineapple. Sweet with a bit of...” Read full tasting note
    caile 164 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to *Krystalen* for sending me this lovely tea! So it's the afternoon here, and I'm about to embark on a 3 day weekend. I should be feeling a bit happier, but instead am kinda glum. Perhaps...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2353 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Drink it fireside

Traditional Chinese medicine says walnuts are a warming food. Which makes sense, because this is the kind of tea you spontaneously want to cozy up to on a cold winter afternoon. The comforting, lightly bitter taste of toasted walnuts is sweetened and deepened with dried pineapple, coconut, almond and organic green tea. Sip it in front of an open fire and chase away the cold.

Ingredients: Chinese sencha green tea, nut brittle, candied pineapple, coconut rasps, almond flakes, walnut bits.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

As a person who prefers straight teas, David’s is a good place to go when I want something flavored. I like this tea, it smells nice dry and steeped, I love the nuttiness, in fact it’s almost overpowering. I can’t say that the fruits that are part of the ingredients show their true colors in this tea. Any time I drink David’s flavored teas I can’t help but guess which part of the mix is natural. It always tastes “cartoonish”, not like real ingredients would taste like. Not to blather, it’s a cool tea when you feel like liquid candy, but it’s almost not tea. I love the taste of tea and when additional components kill it that’s where the line gets drawn for me. It’s a tasty beverage, but it’s hardly a good green tea.

Toasted Walnut is one of those teas that have a slightly bitter taste to them, which is compounded with increased steep time (I need a timer.) Overall, I quite like this tea, and have no qualms about consuming it.

This was not what I was expecting.

I have to admit, I was expecting a much more robust nutty flavour from this tea. Instead, I can’t put my finger (or my taste buds, rather) on what I’m tasting. A little bit of fruityness here, a little bit of green tea there.

In short, it’s a good tea. Not quite what I was expecting, but I wouldn’t mind drinking this to take a break from my regular black teas.

Scented with coconut and pineapple, while toasted with walnuts isnt nearly as nutty as I would have thought, I tried this tea on a recommendation from davids teas in toronto. Good tea for an afternoon treat.

Color is slightly yellowish white with my milk and sugar added.
Smell is not as strong as a few I’ve tried lately. Its pleasant and its mild.
The flavor is very nice. I think I really like it, but it feels familiar as well. And I’m not sure what it reminds me of. Is it very close to Movie Night? Hmmm. Maybe.
No aftertaste, and it feels like there isn’t any puzzle pieces missing either.
I did make sure to add 6 grams of leaf for 2 cups of water.

I’m so impressed by this one, preliminary findings make me think I’d buy a tin for this one.

This is a very buttery green. I really like that part. I taste the toasty walnuts and that part is really nice too. Other than those two features, I don’t get much else from this tea. It is pleasant enough, but dull. I’d love to have some other flavors in there to make it more interesting.

SAMPLE…Simple and tasty, better than Secret Weapon.

I bought this one sometime last year and after trying it a couple of times, I realized that I don’t care for walnuts that much. So I ended up giving it away to my coworker who fell in love with it. I didn’t think I would ever have it in my collection again after that… that was, until a few weeks ago when I went to Davidstea in London with my husband.
My husband has been amazingly understanding and supportive of my love for tea. He is patient with me when I tell him about more teas that I love and want to try and when I have to rearrange the cupboard for the fifth time/twentieth time to make it all fit. So when I asked him if we could go to Davidstea on the way home from seeing his family, he said absolutely. I got a bunch of small amounts of the spring collection, as he looked around. He found the glass noble travel mug and decided to buy it, which surprised me only ‘cause he doesn’t drink much tea to begin with… and by much, he doesn’t usually drink tea at all.
When we were about to leave, the lady helping us asked if we wanted any tea to go. I got an iced Pow Power, which was amazing, and he decided to get a hot Toasted Walnut, which again, surprised me, but was happy to see him trying something different.
He LOVED it. We ended up buying 100g of it for him online a few days after we got home and he just made his own cup of it this morning (we just got the order yesterday). So for that reason alone, I will keep this one in the cupboard for him to enjoy. :)
And while we were waiting for the tea to come in, he tried all sorts of other teas and have a few others that he loves too! I’m very excited to see him enjoying tea.

As I have said in other tasting notes, I am not the biggest fan of nutty teas. I did like the smell and surprisingly enjoyed this enough the first time to finish the cup. However, the second time I drank this, I really didnt love it as much as the first and probably wouldn’t get any more.

1. of 24. I was very surprised by this tea. I wasn’t expecting much but I enjoyed my cup of tea this morning. Nice walnut flavor and sweet but not too sweet. Nice bit of caffeine kick.