Toasted Walnut

Green Tea
Almonds, Coconut, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pineapple, Sencha, Walnuts
Almond, Coconut, Nuts, Pineapple, Walnut, Butter, Nutty, Smooth, Creamy, Fruity, Melon, Sweet, Vanilla, Tart, Hazelnut, White Chocolate, Toasty, Caramel, Grass, Toast, Green, Earth, Candy, Cookie, Cream, Peanut, Cake, Ocean Air, Seaweed
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “Has it really been two months since I last drank this one?? Maybe I’m just confused because I’ve sent it off in a bunch of swaps :P It’s oddly cloudy today. Tastes alright, but...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3013 tasting notes
  • “I just finished this one, and I have to say: I’m a little sad to see it go. I thoroughly enjoyed it, although it isn’t an “absolute-gotta-have-it-love” There are so many other types of tea out...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 357 tasting notes
  • “This smells fragrantly nutty both dry and brewed – more of almond than walnut. Tastes mostly of almond flavoring but there is also some fruitiness from the pineapple. Sweet with a bit of...” Read full tasting note
    caile 239 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to Krystalen for sending me this lovely tea! So it’s the afternoon here, and I’m about to embark on a 3 day weekend. I should be feeling a bit happier, but...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2792 tasting notes

Drink it fireside

Traditional Chinese medicine says walnuts are a warming food. Which makes sense, because this is the kind of tea you spontaneously want to cozy up to on a cold winter afternoon. The comforting, lightly bitter taste of toasted walnuts is sweetened and deepened with dried pineapple, coconut, almond and organic green tea. Sip it in front of an open fire and chase away the cold.

Ingredients: Chinese sencha green tea, nut brittle, candied pineapple, coconut rasps, almond flakes, walnut bits.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

As a person who prefers straight teas, David’s is a good place to go when I want something flavored. I like this tea, it smells nice dry and steeped, I love the nuttiness, in fact it’s almost overpowering. I can’t say that the fruits that are part of the ingredients show their true colors in this tea. Any time I drink David’s flavored teas I can’t help but guess which part of the mix is natural. It always tastes “cartoonish”, not like real ingredients would taste like. Not to blather, it’s a cool tea when you feel like liquid candy, but it’s almost not tea. I love the taste of tea and when additional components kill it that’s where the line gets drawn for me. It’s a tasty beverage, but it’s hardly a good green tea.

Toasted Walnut is one of those teas that have a slightly bitter taste to them, which is compounded with increased steep time (I need a timer.) Overall, I quite like this tea, and have no qualms about consuming it.

This was not what I was expecting.

I have to admit, I was expecting a much more robust nutty flavour from this tea. Instead, I can’t put my finger (or my taste buds, rather) on what I’m tasting. A little bit of fruityness here, a little bit of green tea there.

In short, it’s a good tea. Not quite what I was expecting, but I wouldn’t mind drinking this to take a break from my regular black teas.

Scented with coconut and pineapple, while toasted with walnuts isnt nearly as nutty as I would have thought, I tried this tea on a recommendation from davids teas in toronto. Good tea for an afternoon treat.

This is a very buttery green. I really like that part. I taste the toasty walnuts and that part is really nice too. Other than those two features, I don’t get much else from this tea. It is pleasant enough, but dull. I’d love to have some other flavors in there to make it more interesting.

SAMPLE…Simple and tasty, better than Secret Weapon.

In the past, I have hated this tea. It wasn’t my thing and I only kept it around for my husband. But today I revisited it and I’m very glad I did. It is sweet and fruity but also nutty and it’s not too overpowering.
I love the base of this one as it’s sweet and only very lightly grassy. So delicious. I’m going very happy with this one.

As I have said in other tasting notes, I am not the biggest fan of nutty teas. I did like the smell and surprisingly enjoyed this enough the first time to finish the cup. However, the second time I drank this, I really didnt love it as much as the first and probably wouldn’t get any more.

1. of 24. I was very surprised by this tea. I wasn’t expecting much but I enjoyed my cup of tea this morning. Nice walnut flavor and sweet but not too sweet. Nice bit of caffeine kick.

I ordered this tea because pineapple and coconut are two of my favourite things, but was pretty disappointed upon receiving it. I don’t consider walnut on my “Do Not Want” list, but they just threw me off in this tea. I can’t really pinpoint why I don’t like this tea (don’t you just HATE that?), but I think it might be because of the constrast of sweeter elements (pineapple) versus the what I consider harsher ingredients (walnut). Luckily my girlfriend likes this so I can pass this off to her!