Toasted Walnut

Green Tea
Almonds, Coconut, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pineapple, Sencha, Walnuts
Candy, Caramel, Coconut, Cookie, Cream, Nuts, Peanut, Butter, Creamy, Grass, Sweet, Cake, Pineapple, Walnut
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “Has it really been two months since I last drank this one?? Maybe I'm just confused because I've sent it off in a bunch of swaps :P It's oddly cloudy today. Tastes alright, but not sure what's...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2410 tasting notes
  • “I just finished this one, and I have to say: I’m a little sad to see it go. I thoroughly enjoyed it, although it isn’t an “absolute-gotta-have-it-love” There are so many other types of tea out...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes
  • “This smells fragrantly nutty both dry and brewed - more of almond than walnut. Tastes mostly of almond flavoring but there is also some fruitiness from the pineapple. Sweet with a bit of...” Read full tasting note
    caile 184 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to *Krystalen* for sending me this lovely tea! So it's the afternoon here, and I'm about to embark on a 3 day weekend. I should be feeling a bit happier, but instead am kinda glum. Perhaps...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2487 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Drink it fireside

Traditional Chinese medicine says walnuts are a warming food. Which makes sense, because this is the kind of tea you spontaneously want to cozy up to on a cold winter afternoon. The comforting, lightly bitter taste of toasted walnuts is sweetened and deepened with dried pineapple, coconut, almond and organic green tea. Sip it in front of an open fire and chase away the cold.

Ingredients: Chinese sencha green tea, nut brittle, candied pineapple, coconut rasps, almond flakes, walnut bits.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

One of my favorites. Warm and with a subtle sweetness. Perfect for chilly autumn/winter days

Chromalaya

100? I’m impressed!!! Totally SNG worthy.

This tea has an amazing smell dry, and steeped. The taste steeped however is like burnt nuts, not the nice light scent that I had in the bag. I may have used water that was too hot, so as to burn the green tea, but the taste isn’t bitter, it’s sharp. It truly tastes like the walnut and other non tea ingredients were burnt prior to being steeped. I was unable to finish the cup I brewed. :(

It took a few times (3 or 4?), but I’ve come to really appreciate this tea. I only used 1 teaspoon instead of the 1.5 the label says and it didn’t seem too overpowering of a flavour and the green tea didn’t taste bitter.
The fruity tastes are very pleasant and the walnut adds a very subtle hint of flavour as well.
An overall simple flavoured green tea that is quite a delight to have after dinner. :)

The official description of this tea mentions that “this is the kind of tea you spontaneously want to cozy up to on a cold winter afternoon.” Well, it’s somewhere around -30 right now, or so I hear, and the wind is howling. Plus, I was in the mood for a cup of green tea. Thus, this one sounded perfect.

I actually really like this tea. It’s sweet and nutty, calming and understated. Everything comes together very harmoniously, and it is, indeed, a nice relaxing tea for a cold day. Good job, DAVIDsTEA. Good job.

So I loved the smell of this one, and like all the ingredients, but for some reason, I am not a fan. The aftertaste is weird for me. I still can’t put my finger on what it is about this tea that I don’t like. Maybe it is because I am not a huge green tea fan.
I will have to try it once more when I get it in my advent calendar just in case because I want to like it.

This tea is just all around amazing at every stage in the process, from smelling the dry leaves in the store to curling up at home with a big cup of it. It absolutely does smell like freshly baked cookies with hints of coconut and pineapple mixed in – makes it hard to wait patiently while it steeps.

The taste is perfect. It comes out as a naturally sweet green tea with an aftertaste of toasted nuts and a feeling of baked goods in the distance – for someone who is not a fan of nutty teas, don’t be scared of this one! Once I get my hands on a cup of this, I can’t take them off. Sipping it warms me from head-to-toe and makes me want to curl up on the couch and relax for a long long time with a good book or movie.

I’m not a finicky tea-steeper, so I’ve left in in my Timolino travel mug for a few hours at school and I still find it as tasty as ever. For those who are though, I would recommend not steeping it for more than 5 minutes to avoid the slightly-bitter-green-tea-effect.

Mmmmm.

Toasted Walnut is so delish thanks to the chunks of walnuts and pineapple, and the hint of coconut and almond. This organic green tea is both deep and sweet, with a lightly bitter taste. It smells just as good as it tastes, and remains the only tea I would hug if it where a person.

I was hesitating between this tea and Forever nuts (another David’s Tea) and when I smelled it, I liked this one better. I wasn’t disapointed, I really like the subtle taste of nuts and smell of coco and pineapple. I think it tastes better when colder (and I don’t mind drinking it a little colder). Very good tea !

Après avoir hésité entre celui-ci et Noix Magiques, j’ai choisi celui-ci à l’odeur, et je l’aime beaucoup ! Il goûte plus quand il est un peu plus froid (ce qui ne me dérange pas).

I received a sample of this with my David’s order (hadn’t ordered from David’s before, but was pulled in by their Pumpkin offerings…).
This tea reminds me of the Grandma I never had. In my imagination, I like to pretend that I have this amazing Grandma and that she would bake me treats that would probably contain pineapple and walnuts (why would they contain pineapple and walnuts? I’m not really sure, but it just seems like they type of baked good Grandmas would really be into). I imagine she’d have tacky wallpaper, but I’d love it just because it would remind me of her. We’d have tea together, nothing fancy, just comfy mugs and treats. This tea smells (and tastes) like the baked good that would be on my imaginary Grandmas imaginary kitchen table…. It’s really, really comforting.
Imaginary Grandma, you’re the best. :)

boychik

None of my Grandmas baked anything. They were baking challenged ( me too, runs in a family, haha). So can we imagine together ? ;-)

Sami Kelsh

Imaginary Grandma would take walnuts and pineapple and whip up a glorious hummingbird cake! I aspire to BE that grandma one day. Guess I should deal with having my own kids first, but I’d rather be baking…

DeliriumsFrogs

Yes! I’d love to imagine together, boychik! :)
Oh, a hummingbird cake! Sami, that’s perfect!

carol who

I remember telling my children we were going to have hummingbird cake and them freaking out!! They are in their 30’s and we still laugh about it. ;-p

DeliriumsFrogs

Carol Who, that’s so funny! lol