Coco Chai Rooibos

Chai Fruit Rooibos Blend
Cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove, Coconut, Ginger, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pink Peppercorn, Rooibos
Caramel, Cinnamon, Clove, Coconut, Peppercorn, Cloves, Cardamon, Ginger, Spices, Spicy, Creamy, Sweet, Rooibos, Cocoa, Vanilla, Chocolate, Honey, Cream, Pepper, Candy, Fruity
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

• “Having this is a tea latte from the Pearson Airport DT… omg. So delicious! A bit weaker than I would like, but the flavour is fabulous. It was recommended that I have it with soy milk (and I...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3134 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday when I made some of this tea iced to take to the Managers meeting, I had two young lads race up the the counter and ask for a sip. I made too much for my travel mug and rather than put...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes
  • “When I bought this, I saw coco in the description and said “Ooooh chocolate chai!” and threw it in my cart. When it arrived I said “Oooooh I’m in the mood for some...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Seriously, how good is this rooibos? I still can’t believe I even like a red rooibos. I’ve been going through a bunch of my teas and trying them with this soy creamer I bought the other...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 1564 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A spicy adventure

If you’re into spice-based chais, this one is for you. It’s got a smooth base of caffeine-free rooibos, and a satisfying kick of cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and piquant red peppercorns. Plus there’s a strong hint of coconut, for a slightly exotic twist. Try it straight up or infused in hot milk for a truly fabulous chai latte. It’s the kind of thing you get addicted to.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Rooibos, coconut, cinnamon, ginger root, cardamom, cloves, pink peppercorns. With artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Brewing this a little weak, because I’m finishing it off and I don’t quite have a full serving left. But making it in a smaller vessel as well, so hopefully it at least somewhat balances out.

The coconut is what’s coming through clearest for me, with some of the sweetness and spice added to it. Unfortunately, I’m not a huge coconut fan, but I still don’t mind it. I think it would be better, for me, with milk and sugar, but someone who is more into coconut would probably adore this straight.

Delicious.

I brewed it with water the first time but it was meh. The second time, I heated just milk to almost boiling, then added this tea. That did the trick! The best tea that hits the spot for those “snack” cravings. Sweet, spicy, and frothy. A great balance.

Just a note though, it tastes better than it smells. A sniff will be too strong. Just have to have faith that the flavours meld more delicately after brewing.

195 °F / 90 °C

That baby hooked me up on Davids’ Tea. It’s the second tea I bought in Vancouver and I do not regret it! I took a 5k walk to get a refill for this one! My spicy-tooth is gone down so I kind of forgot about it. However, tea conserved in a can is good for 2 years. It’s just like the description renders it. It’s strong, spicy, but delicious. A Latte with this one is God on earth. For those who don’t like coconut, don’t buy it. The taste is quite something.

Opened this one today, because Chai is well-known for helping sick people recover. Isn’t it? It fits the bill for what I want in a cold-day, just-getting-over-a-cold tea, anyway. I used 1.5 tsp of leaf for my cup, and gave it 4 minutes in boiling water. I added a splash of milk. I know this one isn’t supposed to contain chocolate…but I’m sure I can taste it? Maybe it’s just my wonky tastebuds? I can also taste the coconut quite prominently, and for a good long while I was thinking “bounty”. Then I read the label again and realised there is actually no chocolate in here. Hmm.

The spices are well balanced and not overpowering, allowing the sweet, tropical coconut to shine through. I think it’s mostly cinnamon, with maybe a touch of ginger and cardamon. I had hoped the red peppercorns would come through more in the flavour, but they remain very much in the background (and just barely at that).

I’m enjoying this one! Despite the lack of chocolate, I’ll have no problem finishing off my mini tin.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp
Fjellrev

Aww, you’re sick too? Hope you get better soon! I’m drinking spicy teas today too.

Indigobloom

Spicy teas as the best when sick! that, and sriracha. Err the sauce. Not as tea :P

Fjellrev

Haha I just realized yesterday that I had sriracha in the fridge and should have it as much as possible. Glad I’m on the right track!

I got a sample of this in an order and as soon as I had it, rushed back to the website to buy a 4 oz tin. The house is going through it quickly. Mainly a rooibos chai with a hint of coconut to smooth everything out rather than straight-up buttery coconut. Caffeine-free means I can enjoy before bedtime. :)

Flavors: Caramel, Cinnamon, Clove, Coconut, Peppercorn

I got this tea as a free sample with a recent online order. I was shocked at how much I liked it. The thought of a tea with cinnamon, cloves, and peppercorns put me off for a long time and boy was I missing out. It has just the right amount of spice without being overwhelming and the sweetness/fruitiness of the coconut helps to even the flavour out. I’m not sure this would be something I could drink large quantities of but it is really good as an occasional tea. I would consider purchasing a smaller amount of this tea but I don’t think I’d buy a big tin of it.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Coconut, Peppercorn

1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

#ProjectTeaWall

Stopped in after work at Job #1 today to grab myself something for the bus home, and then a sample to knock off the list tomorrow on my day off as well. Both tonight’s tea and tomorrow’s are Chai blends which means, yes, I am starting to finally cross off all the Chai blends I’ve avoided so long.

Seriously; my dislike of Chai is so great that when I was working out which teas I needed to try for Project Tea Wall there wasn’t a single Chai blend on the wall that I’d actually tried. That means there’s so many more left to go.

This seemed like a non-intimidating start to them though; and actually I kind of hate that I’m about to say this but drinking it I almost… wanted more spice.

Blasphemous, I know! Honestly though I left the tea bag in my To Go cup the entire commute home (approx 40 minutes) ‘cause I knew the rooibos wouldn’t get bitter and even by the end of the ride this still felt weak/watered down. I guess you could consider it a “Chai Light” though, for tea drinkers who aren’t typically big fans of Chai/Spicy blends like myself. Getting home and double checking the ingredients list, I’m surprised to see clove is one of the ingredients: I tasted three primary ingredients throughout the whole cup and clove wasn’t one of them. In this order, I found the strongest flavours to be cinnamon, coconut, and ginger.

Shockingly, this is a Chai blend I probably will try again at some point, though.

Friendly reminder that I’m not currently numerically rating DAVIDsTEA blends as I’m currently seasonally employed there and it would be an obvious conflict of interest. Any blends you see with numerical ratings were rated prior to my employment there. These reviews are a reflection of my personal thoughts regarding the teas, and not the company’s.

Kristal

Love this one as a latte!

My opinion of this the has improved since my first cup. Turns out I didn’t need to be frightened of it after all. Good news!
Its not a favorite, but it is just the ticket on this blustry day, to sooth my poor sore throat.
A sipdown!

How have I not reviewed this? I drink this almost every day. Anyway, I love chais, ad I love rooibos, so no wonder I keep a tin of this stocked in my cupboard at all times. It is lovely as a latte or for flavouring milkshakes and almond milk smoothies also. It also re-steeps well.

There area lot of interesting flavours coming together in this blend, most notable coconut, cloves, spicy pepper and ginger, cardamom, and cinnamon. If you let this steep, it gets quite spicy, which I love. Also, unlike most DT coconut blends, the coconut is not overpowering or soapy at all.

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Clove, Cloves, Coconut, Ginger, Peppercorn, Spices, Spicy

Boiling 8 min or more

Thanks to Super Starling! for this sample.

I had just spent the last hour or so mowing the lawn and weed whacking in the 85 degree summer weather. Beautiful day, really. A nice breeze to keep it from getting TOO hot. However, it’s still working in 85 degrees. So, when I came inside to cook and eat dinner, I wanted something ice cold to drink.

I’m not sure if I’m SUPPOSE to ice this tea. I’ve never iced a chai before, I don’t believe. The website said I could. So I did. And the reason I picked out a chai in the first place is I thought it would pair well with my dinner. We get our meat from a local farm. It is grass raised, organic, and delicious. We are kind of at the mercy of whatever they happen to have processed recently but I kind of like the surprise. Right now, we happened to have a nice bone in pork shoulder roast that needed to be cooked. So, I rubbed it down with some fresh rosemary, thyme, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper then I threw it in the oven while I went to work outside.

Aside from the roasted pork, I also made pine nut couscous and some sliced apples. It all felt very fall-ish to me so I thought that a chai would pair nicely. I think I was right. Mostly.

I really enjoyed the scent of this both dry and brewed. It has a typical chai scent with a hint of coconut. I made this with about half the water it called for because I knew I was putting it over ice. I did combine two steeps however, one of 4 minutes and one of 7 minutes. After icing it, the chai flavor became a bit subdued. It wasn’t too spicy. In fact, I’m having a harder time picking out the distinguishing flavor in it. It is pretty smooth though. And the coconut gives it a nice scent profile. The coconut is more of a background note in the flavor but it is there.

While there isn’t much boldness to this, it is a nice consistent flavor and does satisfy. I’m sure brewing it warm will leave quite a different impression. I intend to try it that way next time I make it. Overall, this is a fairly decent interpretation that I wouldn’t mind drinking again.

Flavors: Coconut, Spices

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML
Super Starling!

Warm is spicier, I suspect. I’ve actually never iced it. Maybe I’ll try that tomorrow. It’s SO HOT OUTSIDE. Please help me. I am dying.

mtchyg

We finally are getting a break today as it is only going to be 75 degrees. However, we have a heat wave headed our way. Next week we are supposed to have 4 days of 92 degrees or hotter. F. That.