Coco Chai Rooibos

Chai Fruit Rooibos Blend
Cinnamon, Cloves, Coconut, Peppercorn, Creamy, Ginger, Spices, Sweet, Clove, Cream, Honey, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Having this is a tea latte from the Pearson Airport DT... omg. So delicious! A bit weaker than I would like, but the flavour is fabulous. It was recommended that I have it with soy milk (and I...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday when I made some of this tea iced to take to the Managers meeting, I had two young lads race up the the counter and ask for a sip. I made too much for my travel mug and rather than put...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes
  • “When I bought this, I saw coco in the description and said "Ooooh chocolate chai!" and threw it in my cart. When it arrived I said "Oooooh I'm in the mood for some chocolate!" and made a pot. I...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Seriously, how good is this rooibos? I still can't believe I even like a red rooibos. I've been going through a bunch of my teas and trying them with this soy creamer I bought the other week,...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A spicy adventure

If you’re into spice-based chais, this one is for you. It’s got a smooth base of caffeine-free rooibos, and a satisfying kick of cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and piquant red peppercorns. Plus there’s a strong hint of coconut, for a slightly exotic twist. Try it straight up or infused in hot milk for a truly fabulous chai latte. It’s the kind of thing you get addicted to.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Rooibos, coconut, cinnamon, ginger root, cardamom, cloves, pink peppercorns. With artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Delicious.

I brewed it with water the first time but it was meh. The second time, I heated just milk to almost boiling, then added this tea. That did the trick! The best tea that hits the spot for those “snack” cravings. Sweet, spicy, and frothy. A great balance.

Just a note though, it tastes better than it smells. A sniff will be too strong. Just have to have faith that the flavours meld more delicately after brewing.

195 °F / 90 °C

That baby hooked me up on Davids’ Tea. It’s the second tea I bought in Vancouver and I do not regret it! I took a 5k walk to get a refill for this one! My spicy-tooth is gone down so I kind of forgot about it. However, tea conserved in a can is good for 2 years. It’s just like the description renders it. It’s strong, spicy, but delicious. A Latte with this one is God on earth. For those who don’t like coconut, don’t buy it. The taste is quite something.

Not sure if I am a huge fan of red rooibos overall, but I still think this tea is delicious. The chai blend is just spicy enough and the added coconut is a sweet and creamy addition. I made this into a latte and it was fantastic. It brews a little weaker than I would like, but I’m still playing around with what I think is the best prep.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Coconut, Peppercorn

Oh my goodness. This is a fantastic tea! It’s my absolute favourite from Davids. I had picked this up with another tea, and was not impressed by the other so when I went to try this tea, I thought it would be a disappointment as well. This tea surpassed my expectations by far. It was an AMAZING blend.

This tea has a beautiful taste. The first sip, I wasn’t so sure. But as I continued to drink it, it just got better and better.

I can taste ginger, spice, and creamy coconut. A nice spicy aftertaste was left in my mouth even about half an hour after finishing the tea. I didn’t add any milk or sweetener to this yet the creaminess of the coconut did it’s job fully. I am pleased, especially since this is a fairly inexpensive tea!

EDIT: Upped the rating on this one to 100. I think it’s safe to say this is my new favourite tea. Tastes GREAT as a latte! Took advantage of DAVID’S web special… got their Chai Collection buy one get one free! Can’t WAIT for it to arrive!

Also, I forgot to mention before, this tea can be steeped as long as you need. The flavour gets better the longer it steeps, so I just leave mine in the tea ball and I’m good to go.

Flavors: Creamy, Ginger, Spices, Sweet

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I love chai, but this is too spicy for me… must be the pink peppercorns.

Tea #6 from Another Traveling Tea Box?!?!?!

I like this tea…I can definitely taste the coconut, and the combination of spices, with a little kick at the end from the peppercorns. The spices are not overpowering. I almost get a chocolate taste (even though there is no chocolate)…not anything overpowering…just subtle.

I think this tea works very well together, and I would buy it.

5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Definitely one of my favourite Chais. I like that I can steep this one as long as I want and it doesn’t get bitter. It works for multiple steeps as well. I got this on sale in a Chai collection and I’m really pleased with it. Nice spice flavours. This is one that I always have with me, just in case.

The cinnamon and cloves are most pronounced, bit of ginger, but then there’s the rooibos which just has a FLAVOUR that I can’t quite put my finger on. I don’t really get the coconut flavour from this, but I’m not exactly trying to find it either.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Clove, Ginger

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 15 OZ / 443 ML

i don’t typically like flavored or sweet teas but this strikes a nice balance of traditional chai flavors and some subtle sweetness.

Nice light chai. I would suggest without milk. It’s not perfect, not a classic chai but quite good.

8 min or more 1 tsp 300 OZ / 8872 ML