Coco Chai Rooibos

Chai Fruit Rooibos Blend
Cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove, Coconut, Ginger, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pink Peppercorn, Rooibos
Cinnamon, Coconut, Cream, Ginger, Rooibos, Pepper, Peppercorn, Spicy, Sweet, Cardamon, Candy, Cloves, Creamy, Fruity, Spices, Clove, Honey, Vanilla
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

• “Having this is a tea latte from the Pearson Airport DT… omg. So delicious! A bit weaker than I would like, but the flavour is fabulous. It was recommended that I have it with soy milk (and I...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2823 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday when I made some of this tea iced to take to the Managers meeting, I had two young lads race up the the counter and ask for a sip. I made too much for my travel mug and rather than put...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes
  • “When I bought this, I saw coco in the description and said "Ooooh chocolate chai!" and threw it in my cart. When it arrived I said "Oooooh I’m in the mood for some...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Seriously, how good is this rooibos? I still can’t believe I even like a red rooibos. I’ve been going through a bunch of my teas and trying them with this soy creamer I...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 1034 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A spicy adventure

If you’re into spice-based chais, this one is for you. It’s got a smooth base of caffeine-free rooibos, and a satisfying kick of cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and piquant red peppercorns. Plus there’s a strong hint of coconut, for a slightly exotic twist. Try it straight up or infused in hot milk for a truly fabulous chai latte. It’s the kind of thing you get addicted to.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Rooibos, coconut, cinnamon, ginger root, cardamom, cloves, pink peppercorns. With artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Brewing this a little weak, because I’m finishing it off and I don’t quite have a full serving left. But making it in a smaller vessel as well, so hopefully it at least somewhat balances out.

The coconut is what’s coming through clearest for me, with some of the sweetness and spice added to it. Unfortunately, I’m not a huge coconut fan, but I still don’t mind it. I think it would be better, for me, with milk and sugar, but someone who is more into coconut would probably adore this straight.

Delicious.

I brewed it with water the first time but it was meh. The second time, I heated just milk to almost boiling, then added this tea. That did the trick! The best tea that hits the spot for those “snack” cravings. Sweet, spicy, and frothy. A great balance.

Just a note though, it tastes better than it smells. A sniff will be too strong. Just have to have faith that the flavours meld more delicately after brewing.

195 °F / 90 °C

That baby hooked me up on Davids’ Tea. It’s the second tea I bought in Vancouver and I do not regret it! I took a 5k walk to get a refill for this one! My spicy-tooth is gone down so I kind of forgot about it. However, tea conserved in a can is good for 2 years. It’s just like the description renders it. It’s strong, spicy, but delicious. A Latte with this one is God on earth. For those who don’t like coconut, don’t buy it. The taste is quite something.

This tea is pretty tasty, but not the favorite I wish it were. The coconut is creamy and at the forefront, maybe overpowering if overbrewed, but makes for a sweet dessert-like blend. The chai spices are a bit gentler, mostly sweet ginger and cinnamon but a kiss of pepper and fennel. It’s a rooibos decaf blend so it is good for anytime of day or night. Not a bad blend, but a little bit too much coconut for me.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Coconut, Cream, Ginger, Rooibos

Continuing on the chai train, I had this one last night. It’s a very colorful blend with pink peppercorns and various other petals and pieces. This is definitely a spicier chai, with strong cardamom and peppercorn notes. (I do enjoy cardamom in chai blends, and it was one ingredient I noticed was missing from the previous one!) The red rooibos base is quite decent, and I think rooibos has grown on me a lot in the last few months. It makes for a nicely warming cup, especially as a chai latte. Thanks beelicious for the samples!

Mike

Ooh, this one sounds interesting! I have to venture out into other rooibos combinations!

Mikumofu

It’s very tasty! And I used to think I was one of the people who would never really like rooibos…

Mike

Haha, yeah, it’s funny. When I first started getting into teas, I said I only like green teas. Then I tried some different black teas, and added a bunch of black teas…then started into rooibos, and loved them. I don’t think I can rule any teas out at this point, haha! Thanks for the recommendation!

Mikumofu

Yep, it’s funny how tastes change and expand. Enjoy your tea explorations! :)

Mike

Thanks! It’s definitely fun, so many teas out there to try!

Anlina

I think this is one of the best non-caffeinated chai blends I’ve tried.

Mikumofu

I didn’t imagine there was such a thing as non-caffeinated chai until recently…something to enjoy while we still have cold evenings here!

Mike

Chai is another one that I said I didn’t like at first…kind of coming around, because there are so many possible combinations. Also, I feel like I kind of have to be in the mood for chai teas.

I wasn’t really a huge fan of chai in general until this year’s David’s Tea advent calendar exposed me to a few new ones. It turns out that chai tea doesn’t necessarily always taste like the Starbucks chai lattes that have never really interested me. Imagine that! Anyways, I really like this one. My husband even got me a tin of the stuff for Christmas, so I think it’ll be a frequent choice for the rest of the winter.

Having been born in South Africa but mostly raised in Canada, the taste of rooibos reminds me of happy childhood memories and time spent with family. The spices and sweetness add a nice twist to a drink that’s been a constant in my life for as long as I can remember, but not so much so that the familiar taste isn’t obvious. I love the combination of the cinnamon and peppercorns. It’s not too strong, but it’s spicy enough that it makes me feel warm and cozy inside. I usually let this one steep a little bit longer sot hat I can get the most out of the spices. I find that the coconut adds just enough sweetness that I don’t feel tempted to add anything to this one. It would probably make an amazing latte (for those people who are able to have milk, which I unfortunately am not).

All in all, I would definitely recommend this one to anyone who, like me, feels like winter will never end. It makes snowy nights seem more cozy and less dark and blustery.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Coconut, Ginger, Peppercorn, Spicy, Sweet

5 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Kristal

This is my favorite chai tea :)

M

Mine too, actually! I’ve only recently developed a love for chai.

I’ve always been what I’d call a super casual tea drinker. Always coffee and occasionally if my mood was just right I’d have a chai or an Earl Grey, but it was never anything I really raved about. For Christmas I was given a lovely mug that, incidentally and unknowingly, had an optional steeper built into it. Feeling like treating myself, I purchased a 12 tea sampler from David’s Tea.

That was my “mistake”. Hooooly hell, it was love at first sip with this. I’d always found that I didn’t really love teas I was drinking before, it was more like I loved the idea of a chai and was always let down by grocery store teabags of it. And this just nailed it, what I’d been always hoping for when I had chai before, it’s spicy and smooth and just lovely. I returned and bought a tin of it immediately.

I prepared it with just a slightly heaping teaspoon. I should probably come up with a more consistent method than just “eyeing it”, but I can’t argue with results so far….

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp
De

I know, loose-leaf tea is SO MUCH BETTER than most bagged teas – I was exactly like you. I thought I didn’t like tea. And then I had David’s Cream of Earl and I was totally hooked. Welcome to the wonderful world of tea!

happykappa

It is! And I’d never imagined there’d be so many flavours too. It’s been quite fun so far, trying different kinds. Maybe a bit too fun, I’ve probably gotten a bit carried away….

Thank you! :D

De

If you’d like, go and have a peek at my cupboard and my wife’s (aislingoftea). If there’s anything you would like to sample, put together a wishlist and next time I’m sending out tea care packages I’ll put one together for you so you can try some more things.

happykappa

That’s awfully kind of you, thank you! :)

M

I got some of this for Christmas, and I’ve been totally hooked too. It’s so soothing.

happykappa

Nice! Agreed about the soothing, it’s still my “go to” in the evening and it takes a bit of a conscious effort to reach for other teas around that time.

Great chai tea! Enough said.

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Coconut, Ginger