Coco Chai Rooibos

Chai Fruit Rooibos Blend
Cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove, Coconut, Ginger, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pink Peppercorn, Rooibos
Coconut, Creamy, Sweet, Cardamon, Cinnamon, Cloves, Ginger, Peppercorn, Rooibos, Spicy, Cocoa, Caramel, Spices, Vanilla, Chocolate, Clove, Honey, Cream, Pepper, Candy, Fruity
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

• “Having this is a tea latte from the Pearson Airport DT… omg. So delicious! A bit weaker than I would like, but the flavour is fabulous. It was recommended that I have it with soy milk (and I...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3065 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday when I made some of this tea iced to take to the Managers meeting, I had two young lads race up the the counter and ask for a sip. I made too much for my travel mug and rather than put...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes
  • “When I bought this, I saw coco in the description and said “Ooooh chocolate chai!” and threw it in my cart. When it arrived I said “Oooooh I’m in the mood for some...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Seriously, how good is this rooibos? I still can’t believe I even like a red rooibos. I’ve been going through a bunch of my teas and trying them with this soy creamer I bought the other...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 1419 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A spicy adventure

If you’re into spice-based chais, this one is for you. It’s got a smooth base of caffeine-free rooibos, and a satisfying kick of cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and piquant red peppercorns. Plus there’s a strong hint of coconut, for a slightly exotic twist. Try it straight up or infused in hot milk for a truly fabulous chai latte. It’s the kind of thing you get addicted to.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Rooibos, coconut, cinnamon, ginger root, cardamom, cloves, pink peppercorns. With artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Brewing this a little weak, because I’m finishing it off and I don’t quite have a full serving left. But making it in a smaller vessel as well, so hopefully it at least somewhat balances out.

The coconut is what’s coming through clearest for me, with some of the sweetness and spice added to it. Unfortunately, I’m not a huge coconut fan, but I still don’t mind it. I think it would be better, for me, with milk and sugar, but someone who is more into coconut would probably adore this straight.

Delicious.

I brewed it with water the first time but it was meh. The second time, I heated just milk to almost boiling, then added this tea. That did the trick! The best tea that hits the spot for those “snack” cravings. Sweet, spicy, and frothy. A great balance.

Just a note though, it tastes better than it smells. A sniff will be too strong. Just have to have faith that the flavours meld more delicately after brewing.

195 °F / 90 °C

That baby hooked me up on Davids’ Tea. It’s the second tea I bought in Vancouver and I do not regret it! I took a 5k walk to get a refill for this one! My spicy-tooth is gone down so I kind of forgot about it. However, tea conserved in a can is good for 2 years. It’s just like the description renders it. It’s strong, spicy, but delicious. A Latte with this one is God on earth. For those who don’t like coconut, don’t buy it. The taste is quite something.

From OST’s stash sale.

I made this as a latte since it smelled like it would be rather sweet, and that’s how I prefer my rooibos chai anyway. It was deliciously smooth and creamy, but a bit sweeter than I prefer and surprisingly lacking in spice for a chai. It might be nice for blending, bu t I find it somewhat lacking on its own.

Flavors: Coconut, Creamy, Sweet

Arby Robilliard

I find I can really taste the peppercorns and ginger when I let it steep longer than 6 minutes. Because it is a rooibos, you can steep as long as you want without it getting bitter. It is one of my favourite chais, but I only like it steeped a long time. I find it is normally extremely flavourful, perhaps you got an older sample?

rosebudmelissa

It’s possible. Or maybe I didn’t steep it long enough, or maybe some of the spice was drowned by the milk.

This tea is a nice pick me up on a loooong night shift tonight. Brewed up it has a lovely spicy aroma from the chai base – cinnamon, cloves, ginger and peppercorns are all listed in the ingredients. Flavour wise, it’s a nice balance of creamy coconut and cardamom mixed with the chai spices. Definitely a pleasant mixing of flavours. I got this as a sample pack from my last David’s order.

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Cloves, Coconut, Creamy, Ginger, Peppercorn, Rooibos, Spicy

205 °F / 96 °C 7 min, 0 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML
Kristal

Was thinking about purchasing this again. It’s been a long time since I’ve had it and it makes a nice latte

This tea was ok-I might make reach for another cup sometime in the future.

I picked this up recently, in an attempt to find a low or no caffeine chai. I picked up the Kashmiri Chai a few weeks ago, and the blend of chai spices and green tea was nice. I decided to give this one a go, despite my dislike of rooibos, especially red rooibos. But I like chai, and I like coconut, and I was hoping that these two flavours might dominate and reduce the bits of rooibos that I dislike, and I am happy to say that I think I was right. I had some of this yesterday with a headache, and I was pleasantly surprised. I only picked up a small amount of this to try, but I will try a bit more when this sample runs out. I think this could be a regular thing for me..

has a sweet smell but a robust spicy rooibos chai taste. warming. should’ve gotten more of this instead of the cinnamon rooibos chai. was afraid of coconut but didn’t taste much.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Ginger, Peppercorn, Rooibos

Ive been finding that rooibos teas are becoming my favourite. This was a nice change to the ones I usually drink. Im not the biggest fan of chai, but I did enjoy this tea. It was not lacking in the spice department, could have use a little more cocoa. If you like chai I would recommend this one.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cocoa, Spicy

7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Favourite!
So good, spicy without milk. In a latte, delicious and the flavour is strong!
Two steeps was great. Should I try a third?

Flavors: Spicy