Coco Chai Rooibos

Chai Fruit Rooibos Blend
Cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove, Coconut, Ginger, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pink Peppercorn, Rooibos
Cinnamon, Coconut, Creamy, Fruity, Spicy, Sweet, Cloves, Peppercorn, Ginger, Spices, Clove, Cream, Honey, Vanilla, Cardamon
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

• “Having this is a tea latte from the Pearson Airport DT... omg. So delicious! A bit weaker than I would like, but the flavour is fabulous. It was recommended that I have it with soy milk (and I...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2246 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday when I made some of this tea iced to take to the Managers meeting, I had two young lads race up the the counter and ask for a sip. I made too much for my travel mug and rather than put...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes
  • “When I bought this, I saw coco in the description and said "Ooooh chocolate chai!" and threw it in my cart. When it arrived I said "Oooooh I'm in the mood for some chocolate!" and made a pot. I...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Seriously, how good is this rooibos? I still can't believe I even like a red rooibos. I've been going through a bunch of my teas and trying them with this soy creamer I bought the other week,...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 774 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A spicy adventure

If you’re into spice-based chais, this one is for you. It’s got a smooth base of caffeine-free rooibos, and a satisfying kick of cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and piquant red peppercorns. Plus there’s a strong hint of coconut, for a slightly exotic twist. Try it straight up or infused in hot milk for a truly fabulous chai latte. It’s the kind of thing you get addicted to.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Rooibos, coconut, cinnamon, ginger root, cardamom, cloves, pink peppercorns. With artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Brewing this a little weak, because I’m finishing it off and I don’t quite have a full serving left. But making it in a smaller vessel as well, so hopefully it at least somewhat balances out.

The coconut is what’s coming through clearest for me, with some of the sweetness and spice added to it. Unfortunately, I’m not a huge coconut fan, but I still don’t mind it. I think it would be better, for me, with milk and sugar, but someone who is more into coconut would probably adore this straight.

Delicious.

I brewed it with water the first time but it was meh. The second time, I heated just milk to almost boiling, then added this tea. That did the trick! The best tea that hits the spot for those “snack” cravings. Sweet, spicy, and frothy. A great balance.

Just a note though, it tastes better than it smells. A sniff will be too strong. Just have to have faith that the flavours meld more delicately after brewing.

195 °F / 90 °C

That baby hooked me up on Davids’ Tea. It’s the second tea I bought in Vancouver and I do not regret it! I took a 5k walk to get a refill for this one! My spicy-tooth is gone down so I kind of forgot about it. However, tea conserved in a can is good for 2 years. It’s just like the description renders it. It’s strong, spicy, but delicious. A Latte with this one is God on earth. For those who don’t like coconut, don’t buy it. The taste is quite something.

Holy wow this is delicious. I accidentally steeped it for about an hour and it’s just smooth and tasty. The dominant flavours are cinnamon and coconut. There’s a nice heat at the back of the throat, a touch of fruitiness and lots of really delightful sweetness. And not a trace of that woody dryness that sometimes comes with rooibos – it almost has a creamy mouth feel. I may make myself a second cup of this right away, it’s that good.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Coconut, Creamy, Fruity, Spicy, Sweet

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 7 OZ / 207 ML
sweetea

Yes to all of this note! It’s rooibos without being overly rooibos? Confusing and delightful.

A part of me REFUSES to believe I’m actually enjoying rooibos. I mean. Come on! Really? It’s like my world is being upended. What is truth? What is life? NOTHING IS CERTAIN NOW.

Usually, I find rooibos to have an odd, scratchy, hay-like flavour accompanied by a really unpleasant throat-drying sensation. I don’t know, I just felt like I was a horse on a liquid diet? Ughh. Anyways. Not so, in this case! This is soft, a touch sweet, and gently warming. None of the spices are clamouring to be heard, let alone trying to punch anyone in the face. I’m sipping this one back while gearing up to watch the final episode of Black Butler: Book of Circus, and I gotta say, it’s pure comfort. Which you know. I’m in need of. Because LAST EPISODE HOW WILL I SURVIVE.

Not sure if I am a huge fan of red rooibos overall, but I still think this tea is delicious. The chai blend is just spicy enough and the added coconut is a sweet and creamy addition. I made this into a latte and it was fantastic. It brews a little weaker than I would like, but I’m still playing around with what I think is the best prep.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Coconut, Peppercorn

Oh my goodness. This is a fantastic tea! It’s my absolute favourite from Davids. I had picked this up with another tea, and was not impressed by the other so when I went to try this tea, I thought it would be a disappointment as well. This tea surpassed my expectations by far. It was an AMAZING blend.

This tea has a beautiful taste. The first sip, I wasn’t so sure. But as I continued to drink it, it just got better and better.

I can taste ginger, spice, and creamy coconut. A nice spicy aftertaste was left in my mouth even about half an hour after finishing the tea. I didn’t add any milk or sweetener to this yet the creaminess of the coconut did it’s job fully. I am pleased, especially since this is a fairly inexpensive tea!

EDIT: Upped the rating on this one to 100. I think it’s safe to say this is my new favourite tea. Tastes GREAT as a latte! Took advantage of DAVID’S web special… got their Chai Collection buy one get one free! Can’t WAIT for it to arrive!

Also, I forgot to mention before, this tea can be steeped as long as you need. The flavour gets better the longer it steeps, so I just leave mine in the tea ball and I’m good to go.

Flavors: Creamy, Ginger, Spices, Sweet

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I love chai, but this is too spicy for me… must be the pink peppercorns.

Tea #6 from Another Traveling Tea Box?!?!?!

I like this tea…I can definitely taste the coconut, and the combination of spices, with a little kick at the end from the peppercorns. The spices are not overpowering. I almost get a chocolate taste (even though there is no chocolate)…not anything overpowering…just subtle.

I think this tea works very well together, and I would buy it.

5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML