Coco Chai Rooibos

Chai Fruit Rooibos Blend
Cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove, Coconut, Ginger, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pink Peppercorn, Rooibos
Cardamon, Cinnamon, Coconut, Ginger, Candy, Cloves, Peppercorn, Rooibos, Spicy, Creamy, Fruity, Sweet, Spices, Clove, Cream, Honey, Vanilla
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

• “Having this is a tea latte from the Pearson Airport DT... omg. So delicious! A bit weaker than I would like, but the flavour is fabulous. It was recommended that I have it with soy milk (and I...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2604 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday when I made some of this tea iced to take to the Managers meeting, I had two young lads race up the the counter and ask for a sip. I made too much for my travel mug and rather than put...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes
  • “When I bought this, I saw coco in the description and said "Ooooh chocolate chai!" and threw it in my cart. When it arrived I said "Oooooh I'm in the mood for some chocolate!" and made a pot. I...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Seriously, how good is this rooibos? I still can't believe I even like a red rooibos. I've been going through a bunch of my teas and trying them with this soy creamer I bought the other week,...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 916 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A spicy adventure

If you’re into spice-based chais, this one is for you. It’s got a smooth base of caffeine-free rooibos, and a satisfying kick of cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and piquant red peppercorns. Plus there’s a strong hint of coconut, for a slightly exotic twist. Try it straight up or infused in hot milk for a truly fabulous chai latte. It’s the kind of thing you get addicted to.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Rooibos, coconut, cinnamon, ginger root, cardamom, cloves, pink peppercorns. With artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Brewing this a little weak, because I’m finishing it off and I don’t quite have a full serving left. But making it in a smaller vessel as well, so hopefully it at least somewhat balances out.

The coconut is what’s coming through clearest for me, with some of the sweetness and spice added to it. Unfortunately, I’m not a huge coconut fan, but I still don’t mind it. I think it would be better, for me, with milk and sugar, but someone who is more into coconut would probably adore this straight.

Delicious.

I brewed it with water the first time but it was meh. The second time, I heated just milk to almost boiling, then added this tea. That did the trick! The best tea that hits the spot for those “snack” cravings. Sweet, spicy, and frothy. A great balance.

Just a note though, it tastes better than it smells. A sniff will be too strong. Just have to have faith that the flavours meld more delicately after brewing.

195 °F / 90 °C

That baby hooked me up on Davids’ Tea. It’s the second tea I bought in Vancouver and I do not regret it! I took a 5k walk to get a refill for this one! My spicy-tooth is gone down so I kind of forgot about it. However, tea conserved in a can is good for 2 years. It’s just like the description renders it. It’s strong, spicy, but delicious. A Latte with this one is God on earth. For those who don’t like coconut, don’t buy it. The taste is quite something.

Great chai tea! Enough said.

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Coconut, Ginger

5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This smells like red hots, or hot tamales, mixed with the insides of a bounty bar when dry.

So unappealing to me right now. But I opened the sample pack, so I’m trying the tea. Steeping only a couple minutes to hopefully tone down the cinnamon-coconut-candy.

Steeped, the other flavours came out in the smell. So I decided to add eggnog. Or, well, Noel Nog. Since the store was actually out of everything except the soy one!

Hey, that’s actually not bad. The spices and the eggnog flavours meld nicely.

So it’s not a tea I’d likely pick up, but it’d be a good one to get as an eggnog latte! And I’m pretty sure I’ll enjoy the rest of the cup. :)

Flavors: Candy, Cinnamon, Coconut

Cameron B.

Bounty bar…? Do tell. :P

Roswell Strange

Bounty Bars are like chocolate coated bars of moist shredded coconut :P

Cameron B.

Sounds the same as a Mounds bar here. :P

OMGsrsly

Probably! And it’s like shredded coconut mixed with sweetened condensed milk. Super sweet and soft and coconutty and I kinda want one now.

First tasting note. This was a sample. When I tore open the package, the smell reminded me of root beer Bottlecaps, pepper, and slightly of coconut. First sip was straight, afterward I added sugar and cream (improvement). I liked it, but prefer all other chai that I’ve had over this cup. Still, it was smooth and warm in flavor, and something nice to cozy on the couch with after the babe had gone to sleep. Plus it won’t worsen my new-mom-somnia.

Day 6 of “24 Days of Tea.” The best chai tea I’ve had so far. Not being a fan of chai, I’m always nervous when tasting a chai tea for the first time as I always have a preconceived notion that I’m not going to like it. This is one that I do actually like. The chai flavour is mild and not very heavy on the spices which is right up my alley. I find the coconut, cloves, cinnamon flavour to be quite pleasing to my palate. I drank mine with a little milk added to make it a touch creamier. This tea is a nice treat. It’s perfect to warm up with on a cold night!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Coconut

Well, I hate coconut and I hate rooibos so I was anticipating this tea to be a bomb, total nope, gross. Fortunately, the chai mellows out the flavors I don’t like, and so this tea actually isn’t horrid! Its a very mild flavor, not unique or distinguished – but in this case that is a good thing.

Flavors: Cardamon, Coconut, Peppercorn, Rooibos

8 min or more 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Good mix of spices. Cinnamon is most strong throughout into the aftertaste. A bit dilute-tasting on the finish. Mild coconut flavour and creaminess. I would maybe try to increase the concentration of dry leaf. This would definitely be great as a latte.

Boiling 6 min, 30 sec 3 tsp 13 OZ / 375 ML

pretty yummy, especially with a few drops of stevia to bring out the sweetness. I just don’t know if I need another chai.

Flavors: Spicy