Coco Chai Rooibos

Chai Fruit Rooibos Blend
Cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove, Coconut, Ginger, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pink Peppercorn, Rooibos
Cardamon, Cinnamon, Cloves, Coconut, Creamy, Ginger, Peppercorn, Rooibos, Spicy, Cocoa, Caramel, Spices, Vanilla, Chocolate, Clove, Honey, Cream, Pepper, Sweet, Candy, Fruity
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

• “Having this is a tea latte from the Pearson Airport DT… omg. So delicious! A bit weaker than I would like, but the flavour is fabulous. It was recommended that I have it with soy milk (and I...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3065 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday when I made some of this tea iced to take to the Managers meeting, I had two young lads race up the the counter and ask for a sip. I made too much for my travel mug and rather than put...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes
  • “When I bought this, I saw coco in the description and said “Ooooh chocolate chai!” and threw it in my cart. When it arrived I said “Oooooh I’m in the mood for some...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Seriously, how good is this rooibos? I still can’t believe I even like a red rooibos. I’ve been going through a bunch of my teas and trying them with this soy creamer I bought the other...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 1415 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A spicy adventure

If you’re into spice-based chais, this one is for you. It’s got a smooth base of caffeine-free rooibos, and a satisfying kick of cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and piquant red peppercorns. Plus there’s a strong hint of coconut, for a slightly exotic twist. Try it straight up or infused in hot milk for a truly fabulous chai latte. It’s the kind of thing you get addicted to.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Rooibos, coconut, cinnamon, ginger root, cardamom, cloves, pink peppercorns. With artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

The coconut flavor is stronger than I expected but this is still a lovely chai

Flavors: Cardamon, Coconut

Bleh. Being adventurous and trying more coconut teas as I seem to be ok with David’s coconut for some reason. This one didn’t suit my taste buds at all, though. I’m not sure why I even tried it because in my experience David’s is terrible at chai tea.

This is a tea I purchased as part of a 3 tin for the price of 2 promotion at David’sTEA. It was prepackaged, which helped me decide to go with the promotion and know exactly how much I was spending.

Enough about my buying experience. On to the tea. My only previous experience with chai has been through Starbucks Chai Tea Lattes, so I knew brewing this straight would taste different. I was pleasantly surprised by the creaminess of the finished brew, especially the first sip after draining it into my cup. It has a wonderful and silky mouthfeel, with the spice notes I was hoping would still come through in the blend. I did not taste the coconut or ginger the ingredients list speaks of at all.

I would love to learn to make proper lattes out of this, as I think the ones from starbucks are likely to be a lot less palatable now…

Flavors: Caramel, Cardamon, Cinnamon, Cloves, Peppercorn, Spices, Vanilla

I had this so long ago that I can’t remember what it was like. I think it was a middle of the road offering. Not amazing, not bad. I’d try it again to be sure.

Flavors: Chocolate, Peppercorn

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Love it! My favourite chai from David’s Tea (well… I disliked all the other chais from DT…). Also, I disliked most of the rooibos I tried but this one is really great! I finished my stash of it so I have to go buy some more.

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Coconut

Okay, so I got this one as a free sample with an order. I’m glad it was a sample because I’ve been thinking of trying it but have never really gotten around to it.

I like it more than I thought I would. The smell was a little off-putting for me. I think it was the chai. The only other DT chai I have had is Vanilla Chai, and the smell was quite similar (I don’t like Vanilla Chai). Once it had brewed for a bit it smelled quite good, and the bitter edge had been taken off.

This kind of reminds me of a cookie. I think it’s just because it is kind of spicy, but also sweet. It has a nice balance. I can taste the chai flavor, but it is not overpowering. Oddly, I like the coconut in this. I’m not always a fan of coconut flavor in tea. The only thing that I find weird about this tea is that after taking a sip, it feels like my throat is coated in something (it sounds stupid, I know, but it feels like how bravissimo “coats” your throat). I don’t know that I enjoy this part of the tea, but I’m assuming it’s from the coconut. So basically I like the taste of the coconut when I drink the tea, but the after taste is a little awkward.

I probably won’t stock up on this tea but I am glad that I got to try it. I would drink it again, but I won’t be rushing to go buy a bunch any time soon!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Clove, Coconut, Honey, Peppercorn, Rooibos, Spicy

This tea is pretty tasty, but not the favorite I wish it were. The coconut is creamy and at the forefront, maybe overpowering if overbrewed, but makes for a sweet dessert-like blend. The chai spices are a bit gentler, mostly sweet ginger and cinnamon but a kiss of pepper and fennel. It’s a rooibos decaf blend so it is good for anytime of day or night. Not a bad blend, but a little bit too much coconut for me.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Coconut, Cream, Ginger, Rooibos

Continuing on the chai train, I had this one last night. It’s a very colorful blend with pink peppercorns and various other petals and pieces. This is definitely a spicier chai, with strong cardamom and peppercorn notes. (I do enjoy cardamom in chai blends, and it was one ingredient I noticed was missing from the previous one!) The red rooibos base is quite decent, and I think rooibos has grown on me a lot in the last few months. It makes for a nicely warming cup, especially as a chai latte. Thanks beelicious for the samples!

Mike

Ooh, this one sounds interesting! I have to venture out into other rooibos combinations!

Mikumofu

It’s very tasty! And I used to think I was one of the people who would never really like rooibos…

Mike

Haha, yeah, it’s funny. When I first started getting into teas, I said I only like green teas. Then I tried some different black teas, and added a bunch of black teas…then started into rooibos, and loved them. I don’t think I can rule any teas out at this point, haha! Thanks for the recommendation!

Mikumofu

Yep, it’s funny how tastes change and expand. Enjoy your tea explorations! :)

Mike

Thanks! It’s definitely fun, so many teas out there to try!

Anlina

I think this is one of the best non-caffeinated chai blends I’ve tried.

Mikumofu

I didn’t imagine there was such a thing as non-caffeinated chai until recently…something to enjoy while we still have cold evenings here!

Mike

Chai is another one that I said I didn’t like at first…kind of coming around, because there are so many possible combinations. Also, I feel like I kind of have to be in the mood for chai teas.