Coco Chai Rooibos

Chai Fruit Rooibos Blend
Cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove, Coconut, Ginger, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pink Peppercorn, Rooibos
Cardamon, Coconut, Caramel, Cinnamon, Cloves, Peppercorn, Spices, Vanilla, Chocolate, Clove, Honey, Rooibos, Spicy, Cream, Ginger, Pepper, Sweet, Candy, Creamy, Fruity
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

• “Having this is a tea latte from the Pearson Airport DT… omg. So delicious! A bit weaker than I would like, but the flavour is fabulous. It was recommended that I have it with soy milk (and I...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3034 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday when I made some of this tea iced to take to the Managers meeting, I had two young lads race up the the counter and ask for a sip. I made too much for my travel mug and rather than put...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes
  • “When I bought this, I saw coco in the description and said “Ooooh chocolate chai!” and threw it in my cart. When it arrived I said “Oooooh I’m in the mood for some...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Seriously, how good is this rooibos? I still can’t believe I even like a red rooibos. I’ve been going through a bunch of my teas and trying them with this soy creamer I bought the other...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 1250 tasting notes

A spicy adventure

If you’re into spice-based chais, this one is for you. It’s got a smooth base of caffeine-free rooibos, and a satisfying kick of cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and piquant red peppercorns. Plus there’s a strong hint of coconut, for a slightly exotic twist. Try it straight up or infused in hot milk for a truly fabulous chai latte. It’s the kind of thing you get addicted to.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Rooibos, coconut, cinnamon, ginger root, cardamom, cloves, pink peppercorns. With artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Continuing on the chai train, I had this one last night. It’s a very colorful blend with pink peppercorns and various other petals and pieces. This is definitely a spicier chai, with strong cardamom and peppercorn notes. (I do enjoy cardamom in chai blends, and it was one ingredient I noticed was missing from the previous one!) The red rooibos base is quite decent, and I think rooibos has grown on me a lot in the last few months. It makes for a nicely warming cup, especially as a chai latte. Thanks beelicious for the samples!

Ooh, this one sounds interesting! I have to venture out into other rooibos combinations!

It’s very tasty! And I used to think I was one of the people who would never really like rooibos…

Haha, yeah, it’s funny. When I first started getting into teas, I said I only like green teas. Then I tried some different black teas, and added a bunch of black teas…then started into rooibos, and loved them. I don’t think I can rule any teas out at this point, haha! Thanks for the recommendation!

Yep, it’s funny how tastes change and expand. Enjoy your tea explorations! :)

Thanks! It’s definitely fun, so many teas out there to try!

I think this is one of the best non-caffeinated chai blends I’ve tried.

I didn’t imagine there was such a thing as non-caffeinated chai until recently…something to enjoy while we still have cold evenings here!

Chai is another one that I said I didn’t like at first…kind of coming around, because there are so many possible combinations. Also, I feel like I kind of have to be in the mood for chai teas.

Another sipdown. We’re really making our way through my tea stash, even though it may not look that way given my gigantic cupboard still full of tins.

This one is the husband’s favourite. He drinks coffee all day long, but likes to wind down with a cup of this before bed every night. I like it a lot too, but usually opt for something less spicy before bed.

We’ll have to stock up again. This isn’t one he’ll be happy to go without.

This is mny favourite chai. I think the coconut really makes it. Love it as a lattee.

I haven’t tried it as a latte yet, but I’ll have to do that. I went back and bought some more of it today. So much for decreasing my tea hoard!

I feel you! I was doing so well with decreasing my collection about 6 weeks ago but then I did tea swaps and generously got lots of samples from people I swapped with and I went to David’s tea and ended up picking up 14 kinds of tea (all 10-26 grams though!). So my collection went from about 15 tea to 45 teas! I’m down to about 38 kinds now and am refusing to purchase anymore til I start getting low on my staples (i.e. green tea, peppermint tea, lemony tea) which will be quite some time. I mainly buy from DAVIDs and luckily none of their new teas have interested me lately. It decreases my temptation :)

I’ve always been what I’d call a super casual tea drinker. Always coffee and occasionally if my mood was just right I’d have a chai or an Earl Grey, but it was never anything I really raved about. For Christmas I was given a lovely mug that, incidentally and unknowingly, had an optional steeper built into it. Feeling like treating myself, I purchased a 12 tea sampler from David’s Tea.

That was my “mistake”. Hooooly hell, it was love at first sip with this. I’d always found that I didn’t really love teas I was drinking before, it was more like I loved the idea of a chai and was always let down by grocery store teabags of it. And this just nailed it, what I’d been always hoping for when I had chai before, it’s spicy and smooth and just lovely. I returned and bought a tin of it immediately.

I prepared it with just a slightly heaping teaspoon. I should probably come up with a more consistent method than just “eyeing it”, but I can’t argue with results so far….

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

I know, loose-leaf tea is SO MUCH BETTER than most bagged teas – I was exactly like you. I thought I didn’t like tea. And then I had David’s Cream of Earl and I was totally hooked. Welcome to the wonderful world of tea!

It is! And I’d never imagined there’d be so many flavours too. It’s been quite fun so far, trying different kinds. Maybe a bit too fun, I’ve probably gotten a bit carried away….

Thank you! :D

If you’d like, go and have a peek at my cupboard and my wife’s (aislingoftea). If there’s anything you would like to sample, put together a wishlist and next time I’m sending out tea care packages I’ll put one together for you so you can try some more things.

That’s awfully kind of you, thank you! :)

I got some of this for Christmas, and I’ve been totally hooked too. It’s so soothing.

Nice! Agreed about the soothing, it’s still my “go to” in the evening and it takes a bit of a conscious effort to reach for other teas around that time.

Great chai tea! Enough said.

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Coconut, Ginger

5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

2039 tasting notes

This smells like red hots, or hot tamales, mixed with the insides of a bounty bar when dry.

So unappealing to me right now. But I opened the sample pack, so I’m trying the tea. Steeping only a couple minutes to hopefully tone down the cinnamon-coconut-candy.

Steeped, the other flavours came out in the smell. So I decided to add eggnog. Or, well, Noel Nog. Since the store was actually out of everything except the soy one!

Hey, that’s actually not bad. The spices and the eggnog flavours meld nicely.

So it’s not a tea I’d likely pick up, but it’d be a good one to get as an eggnog latte! And I’m pretty sure I’ll enjoy the rest of the cup. :)

Flavors: Candy, Cinnamon, Coconut

Cameron B.

Bounty bar…? Do tell. :P

Roswell Strange

Bounty Bars are like chocolate coated bars of moist shredded coconut :P

Cameron B.

Sounds the same as a Mounds bar here. :P

Probably! And it’s like shredded coconut mixed with sweetened condensed milk. Super sweet and soft and coconutty and I kinda want one now.

First tasting note. This was a sample. When I tore open the package, the smell reminded me of root beer Bottlecaps, pepper, and slightly of coconut. First sip was straight, afterward I added sugar and cream (improvement). I liked it, but prefer all other chai that I’ve had over this cup. Still, it was smooth and warm in flavor, and something nice to cozy on the couch with after the babe had gone to sleep. Plus it won’t worsen my new-mom-somnia.

Day 6 of “24 Days of Tea.” The best chai tea I’ve had so far. Not being a fan of chai, I’m always nervous when tasting a chai tea for the first time as I always have a preconceived notion that I’m not going to like it. This is one that I do actually like. The chai flavour is mild and not very heavy on the spices which is right up my alley. I find the coconut, cloves, cinnamon flavour to be quite pleasing to my palate. I drank mine with a little milk added to make it a touch creamier. This tea is a nice treat. It’s perfect to warm up with on a cold night!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Coconut

Well, I hate coconut and I hate rooibos so I was anticipating this tea to be a bomb, total nope, gross. Fortunately, the chai mellows out the flavors I don’t like, and so this tea actually isn’t horrid! Its a very mild flavor, not unique or distinguished – but in this case that is a good thing.

Flavors: Cardamon, Coconut, Peppercorn, Rooibos