Coco Chai Rooibos

Chai Fruit Rooibos Blend
Cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove, Coconut, Ginger, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pink Peppercorn, Rooibos
Cinnamon, Coconut, Pepper, Ginger, Peppercorn, Spicy, Sweet, Cardamon, Candy, Cloves, Rooibos, Creamy, Fruity, Spices, Clove, Cream, Honey, Vanilla
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

• “Having this is a tea latte from the Pearson Airport DT… omg. So delicious! A bit weaker than I would like, but the flavour is fabulous. It was recommended that I have it with soy milk (and I...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2756 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday when I made some of this tea iced to take to the Managers meeting, I had two young lads race up the the counter and ask for a sip. I made too much for my travel mug and rather than put...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes
  • “When I bought this, I saw coco in the description and said "Ooooh chocolate chai!" and threw it in my cart. When it arrived I said "Oooooh I'm in the mood for some chocolate!" and made a pot. I...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Seriously, how good is this rooibos? I still can't believe I even like a red rooibos. I've been going through a bunch of my teas and trying them with this soy creamer I bought the other week,...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 966 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A spicy adventure

If you’re into spice-based chais, this one is for you. It’s got a smooth base of caffeine-free rooibos, and a satisfying kick of cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and piquant red peppercorns. Plus there’s a strong hint of coconut, for a slightly exotic twist. Try it straight up or infused in hot milk for a truly fabulous chai latte. It’s the kind of thing you get addicted to.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Rooibos, coconut, cinnamon, ginger root, cardamom, cloves, pink peppercorns. With artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

First tasting note. This was a sample. When I tore open the package, the smell reminded me of root beer Bottlecaps, pepper, and slightly of coconut. First sip was straight, afterward I added sugar and cream (improvement). I liked it, but prefer all other chai that I’ve had over this cup. Still, it was smooth and warm in flavor, and something nice to cozy on the couch with after the babe had gone to sleep. Plus it won’t worsen my new-mom-somnia.

Day 6 of “24 Days of Tea.” The best chai tea I’ve had so far. Not being a fan of chai, I’m always nervous when tasting a chai tea for the first time as I always have a preconceived notion that I’m not going to like it. This is one that I do actually like. The chai flavour is mild and not very heavy on the spices which is right up my alley. I find the coconut, cloves, cinnamon flavour to be quite pleasing to my palate. I drank mine with a little milk added to make it a touch creamier. This tea is a nice treat. It’s perfect to warm up with on a cold night!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Coconut

Well, I hate coconut and I hate rooibos so I was anticipating this tea to be a bomb, total nope, gross. Fortunately, the chai mellows out the flavors I don’t like, and so this tea actually isn’t horrid! Its a very mild flavor, not unique or distinguished – but in this case that is a good thing.

Flavors: Cardamon, Coconut, Peppercorn, Rooibos

8 min or more 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Good mix of spices. Cinnamon is most strong throughout into the aftertaste. A bit dilute-tasting on the finish. Mild coconut flavour and creaminess. I would maybe try to increase the concentration of dry leaf. This would definitely be great as a latte.

Boiling 6 min, 30 sec 3 tsp 13 OZ / 375 ML

pretty yummy, especially with a few drops of stevia to bring out the sweetness. I just don’t know if I need another chai.

Flavors: Spicy

I had this tea as an eggnog latte at David’s Tea and it was amazing. The tea guide told me chai go best with eggnog and since I wanted something without caffeine she recommended this one to me.
David’s Tea really makes some amazing chai. I like that this one doesn’t taste too much like cinnamon, mostly I get the cloves and something else, peppercorns I guess? And coconut of course. It’s a lot spicier than the Pumpkin Chai, in fact it almost smells like spiced rum to me for some reason. Hmm… maybe I’ll try mixing it up with some eggnog again and amber rum and see if that gives me an acceptable Christmas drink. :D
Oh, and I went a little crazy with tea orders this week… I can’t wait for my Camellia Sinensis package to arrive! Tomorrow hopefully! :)

Flavors: Cloves, Coconut, Peppercorn

DAVIDsTEA sample – not a fan :(

This is another sample that came with my Davids Tea order. Apparently it’s one of DT’s most popular blends and I can certainly see the appeal even if it isn’t necessarily my absolute fav (I still reserve that place for their pumpkin chai).

You can barely tell it’s a rooibos base apart from the lack of caffeine as the coconut and spices are quite distinctive. There are cloves and cinnamon in there as well as a slight bite from the peppercorns and he coconut gives the tea just the right amount of sweet, nutty flavour. I wouldn’t mind actually buying some of this tea down the road when my cupboard isn’t stuffed to overflowing.

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Mmm, I got this as a sample in my recent shipment fram David’s Tea and I quite like it. The coconut flavour brings a sweetness that blends nicely with the spicy chai. I can definitely taste coconut, and cinnamon, and a bunch of other flavours that are all blending together into “chai spice”. I think it’s the ginger and peppercorn giving it a little bit of extra zip. I’m sure this would be delicious with milk and sugar, but I’m pretty happy right now drinking it plain. I might have to do a head-to-head comparison between this and David’s cinnamon chai rooibos next. :)

Flavors: Cinnamon, Coconut, Spicy

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Last night the coconut in this was a bit stronger and less harmonious than I remember it being. I hope it’s not going off, as I haven’t had this for very long, and much older teas with coconut are still doing fine.

Still tasty though.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Coconut, Peppercorn, Spices, Sweet

Kristal

I don’t drink a lot of chai teas these days but this one is my favourite rooibos blend :)