Coco Chai Rooibos

Chai Fruit Rooibos Blend
Coconut, Cream, Honey, Peppercorn, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Cloves
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Having this is a tea latte from the Pearson Airport DT... omg. So delicious! A bit weaker than I would like, but the flavour is fabulous. It was recommended that I have it with soy milk (and I...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday when I made some of this tea iced to take to the Managers meeting, I had two young lads race up the the counter and ask for a sip. I made too much for my travel mug and rather than put...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes
  • “When I bought this, I saw coco in the description and said "Ooooh chocolate chai!" and threw it in my cart. When it arrived I said "Oooooh I'm in the mood for some chocolate!" and made a pot. I...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Seriously, how good is this rooibos? I still can't believe I even like a red rooibos. I've been going through a bunch of my teas and trying them with this soy creamer I bought the other week,...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A spicy adventure

If you’re into spice-based chais, this one is for you. It’s got a smooth base of caffeine-free rooibos, and a satisfying kick of cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and piquant red peppercorns. Plus there’s a strong hint of coconut, for a slightly exotic twist. Try it straight up or infused in hot milk for a truly fabulous chai latte. It’s the kind of thing you get addicted to.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Rooibos, coconut, cinnamon, ginger root, cardamom, cloves, pink peppercorns. With artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I made this into a latte with a little bit of vanilla when I heated up the milk. Put it this way, I spent all day looking forward to it. When I finally got to make it…16 hours later, it did not disappoint. The perfect mug of peace after a long stressful day. Next time I may just add a tiny touch of stevia just to sweeten it up a little bit.

Boiling 7 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

I got this tea as a gift from a co-worker. It has a great balance between the spices and the sweetness of the coconut and rooibos!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Coconut, Peppercorn

This is the only rooibos I’ve tried so far that I can say really like. And that’s because it doesn’t taste at all like rooibos. I can’t even smell it in the blend and usually it automatically puts me off, even if I can smell it only a little.

I’m really enjoying it tonight as my last cup of the day. It’s nice and warm, very different from the other chais I’ve ever tasted. It’s mostly ginger, with a sweet aftertaste of coco. Yummy.

As it stands, rooibos isn’t one of my favourite teas. There’s a certain taste to red tea that I find too earthy, and when blended with many other spices, can be muted altogether. I’ve heard it’s great for sinuses and allergies, which should be a reason I drink more of it. And some of the main mixes I’ve seen with red tea include citrusy notes like orange, and fruity herbs like lavender, my faves. But still, red tea doesn’t quite cut it.
And yet!
This blend was quite surprising. DAVIDsTeas isn’t one of my top tea stores to buy from, and would honestly rather buy from smaller tea vendors. But when it comes to creativity, I have to say Mr.David has a vivid imagination.
The pink peppercorns were by far the most outstanding flavour punch and I think that was a great decision. The coconut was missing, and for me, that’s quite all right: it’s not a preferred taste. The cinnamon grated so finely as to camouflage into the red tea was also a brilliant idea.
I usually let my tea steep for way over the suggested time. I let this sit for 12 minutes and added a teaspoon of light honey.

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more

Ok, I understand why this one is popular. While it’s not to my usual tastes, it’s quite nice and a nice intro to the planet of rooibos and chai.

Finally, a chai I can handle! I’ve tried several in the past that had way too much pepper in them—too sharp. This one smells very sharp dry, but brewed it’s gentle and a little sweet. Right now I’m trying it plain but I’d love to have some with milk too.

The cardamom and coconut make this tea slightly floral, and the mix of flavors almost reminds me of some desserts I’ve had at Thai restaurants. I think I could easily get addicted to this blend in the winter months!

The taste blends well with the aroma, it is truly a delicious tea.

This time I’m tasting grass, then spices, but not very spicy. I will take the cinnamon chai over this. Hopefully I can sipdown this package quick.

Delicious. You can add milk too!

It’s a good, daily tea. Little bit of coconut, lots of chai. It’s got a good kick of flavor and I quite like it.