Coco Chai Rooibos

Chai Fruit Rooibos Blend
Cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove, Coconut, Ginger, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pink Peppercorn, Rooibos
Cardamon, Cinnamon, Coconut, Ginger, Candy, Cloves, Peppercorn, Rooibos, Spicy, Creamy, Fruity, Sweet, Spices, Clove, Cream, Honey, Vanilla
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

• “Having this is a tea latte from the Pearson Airport DT... omg. So delicious! A bit weaker than I would like, but the flavour is fabulous. It was recommended that I have it with soy milk (and I...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2604 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday when I made some of this tea iced to take to the Managers meeting, I had two young lads race up the the counter and ask for a sip. I made too much for my travel mug and rather than put...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes
  • “When I bought this, I saw coco in the description and said "Ooooh chocolate chai!" and threw it in my cart. When it arrived I said "Oooooh I'm in the mood for some chocolate!" and made a pot. I...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Seriously, how good is this rooibos? I still can't believe I even like a red rooibos. I've been going through a bunch of my teas and trying them with this soy creamer I bought the other week,...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 916 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A spicy adventure

If you’re into spice-based chais, this one is for you. It’s got a smooth base of caffeine-free rooibos, and a satisfying kick of cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and piquant red peppercorns. Plus there’s a strong hint of coconut, for a slightly exotic twist. Try it straight up or infused in hot milk for a truly fabulous chai latte. It’s the kind of thing you get addicted to.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Rooibos, coconut, cinnamon, ginger root, cardamom, cloves, pink peppercorns. With artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I had this tea as an eggnog latte at David’s Tea and it was amazing. The tea guide told me chai go best with eggnog and since I wanted something without caffeine she recommended this one to me.
David’s Tea really makes some amazing chai. I like that this one doesn’t taste too much like cinnamon, mostly I get the cloves and something else, peppercorns I guess? And coconut of course. It’s a lot spicier than the Pumpkin Chai, in fact it almost smells like spiced rum to me for some reason. Hmm… maybe I’ll try mixing it up with some eggnog again and amber rum and see if that gives me an acceptable Christmas drink. :D
Oh, and I went a little crazy with tea orders this week… I can’t wait for my Camellia Sinensis package to arrive! Tomorrow hopefully! :)

Flavors: Cloves, Coconut, Peppercorn

DAVIDsTEA sample – not a fan :(

This is another sample that came with my Davids Tea order. Apparently it’s one of DT’s most popular blends and I can certainly see the appeal even if it isn’t necessarily my absolute fav (I still reserve that place for their pumpkin chai).

You can barely tell it’s a rooibos base apart from the lack of caffeine as the coconut and spices are quite distinctive. There are cloves and cinnamon in there as well as a slight bite from the peppercorns and he coconut gives the tea just the right amount of sweet, nutty flavour. I wouldn’t mind actually buying some of this tea down the road when my cupboard isn’t stuffed to overflowing.

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Mmm, I got this as a sample in my recent shipment fram David’s Tea and I quite like it. The coconut flavour brings a sweetness that blends nicely with the spicy chai. I can definitely taste coconut, and cinnamon, and a bunch of other flavours that are all blending together into “chai spice”. I think it’s the ginger and peppercorn giving it a little bit of extra zip. I’m sure this would be delicious with milk and sugar, but I’m pretty happy right now drinking it plain. I might have to do a head-to-head comparison between this and David’s cinnamon chai rooibos next. :)

Flavors: Cinnamon, Coconut, Spicy

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Holy wow this is delicious. I accidentally steeped it for about an hour and it’s just smooth and tasty. The dominant flavours are cinnamon and coconut. There’s a nice heat at the back of the throat, a touch of fruitiness and lots of really delightful sweetness. And not a trace of that woody dryness that sometimes comes with rooibos – it almost has a creamy mouth feel. I may make myself a second cup of this right away, it’s that good.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Coconut, Creamy, Fruity, Spicy, Sweet

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 7 OZ / 207 ML
sweetea

Yes to all of this note! It’s rooibos without being overly rooibos? Confusing and delightful.

I’m having this as a cheapie latte today (filled a mug halfway with almond milk, microwaved it, topped it off with boiled water, then steeped forever) and again, it is delicious. I’ve been trying to wean myself off of mass caffeine consumption (I have a hunch my daily tea/coffee intake was bordering on obsessive and/or unhealthy) and so. Herbals and rooibos? I’m coming for you.

Anlina

This is such a great chai too.

Not sure if I am a huge fan of red rooibos overall, but I still think this tea is delicious. The chai blend is just spicy enough and the added coconut is a sweet and creamy addition. I made this into a latte and it was fantastic. It brews a little weaker than I would like, but I’m still playing around with what I think is the best prep.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Coconut, Peppercorn

Oh my goodness. This is a fantastic tea! It’s my absolute favourite from Davids. I had picked this up with another tea, and was not impressed by the other so when I went to try this tea, I thought it would be a disappointment as well. This tea surpassed my expectations by far. It was an AMAZING blend.

This tea has a beautiful taste. The first sip, I wasn’t so sure. But as I continued to drink it, it just got better and better.

I can taste ginger, spice, and creamy coconut. A nice spicy aftertaste was left in my mouth even about half an hour after finishing the tea. I didn’t add any milk or sweetener to this yet the creaminess of the coconut did it’s job fully. I am pleased, especially since this is a fairly inexpensive tea!

EDIT: Upped the rating on this one to 100. I think it’s safe to say this is my new favourite tea. Tastes GREAT as a latte! Took advantage of DAVID’S web special… got their Chai Collection buy one get one free! Can’t WAIT for it to arrive!

Also, I forgot to mention before, this tea can be steeped as long as you need. The flavour gets better the longer it steeps, so I just leave mine in the tea ball and I’m good to go.

Flavors: Creamy, Ginger, Spices, Sweet

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I love chai, but this is too spicy for me… must be the pink peppercorns.