Coco Chai Rooibos

Chai Fruit Rooibos Blend
Cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove, Coconut, Ginger, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pink Peppercorn, Rooibos
Cardamon, Coconut, Caramel, Cinnamon, Cloves, Peppercorn, Spices, Vanilla, Chocolate, Clove, Honey, Rooibos, Spicy, Cream, Ginger, Pepper, Sweet, Candy, Creamy, Fruity
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

• “Having this is a tea latte from the Pearson Airport DT… omg. So delicious! A bit weaker than I would like, but the flavour is fabulous. It was recommended that I have it with soy milk (and I...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3034 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday when I made some of this tea iced to take to the Managers meeting, I had two young lads race up the the counter and ask for a sip. I made too much for my travel mug and rather than put...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes
  • “When I bought this, I saw coco in the description and said “Ooooh chocolate chai!” and threw it in my cart. When it arrived I said “Oooooh I’m in the mood for some...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Seriously, how good is this rooibos? I still can’t believe I even like a red rooibos. I’ve been going through a bunch of my teas and trying them with this soy creamer I bought the other...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 1250 tasting notes

A spicy adventure

If you’re into spice-based chais, this one is for you. It’s got a smooth base of caffeine-free rooibos, and a satisfying kick of cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and piquant red peppercorns. Plus there’s a strong hint of coconut, for a slightly exotic twist. Try it straight up or infused in hot milk for a truly fabulous chai latte. It’s the kind of thing you get addicted to.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Rooibos, coconut, cinnamon, ginger root, cardamom, cloves, pink peppercorns. With artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea has a beautiful taste. The first sip, I wasn’t so sure. But as I continued to drink it, it just got better and better.

I can taste ginger, spice, and creamy coconut. A nice spicy aftertaste was left in my mouth even about half an hour after finishing the tea. I didn’t add any milk or sweetener to this yet the creaminess of the coconut did it’s job fully. I am pleased, especially since this is a fairly inexpensive tea!

EDIT: Upped the rating on this one to 100. I think it’s safe to say this is my new favourite tea. Tastes GREAT as a latte! Took advantage of DAVID’S web special… got their Chai Collection buy one get one free! Can’t WAIT for it to arrive!

Also, I forgot to mention before, this tea can be steeped as long as you need. The flavour gets better the longer it steeps, so I just leave mine in the tea ball and I’m good to go.

Flavors: Creamy, Ginger, Spices, Sweet

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I love chai, but this is too spicy for me… must be the pink peppercorns.

Tea #6 from Another Traveling Tea Box?!?!?!

I like this tea…I can definitely taste the coconut, and the combination of spices, with a little kick at the end from the peppercorns. The spices are not overpowering. I almost get a chocolate taste (even though there is no chocolate)…not anything overpowering…just subtle.

I think this tea works very well together, and I would buy it.

5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Definitely one of my favourite Chais. I like that I can steep this one as long as I want and it doesn’t get bitter. It works for multiple steeps as well. I got this on sale in a Chai collection and I’m really pleased with it. Nice spice flavours. This is one that I always have with me, just in case.

The cinnamon and cloves are most pronounced, bit of ginger, but then there’s the rooibos which just has a FLAVOUR that I can’t quite put my finger on. I don’t really get the coconut flavour from this, but I’m not exactly trying to find it either.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Clove, Ginger

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 15 OZ / 443 ML

i don’t typically like flavored or sweet teas but this strikes a nice balance of traditional chai flavors and some subtle sweetness.

Nice light chai. I would suggest without milk. It’s not perfect, not a classic chai but quite good.

8 min or more 1 tsp 300 OZ / 8872 ML

I loved all what was in the tea, I just didn’t like how it all tasted together. I brewed a 10 oz cup with 1 tablespoon of leaves, and I thought it was very weak still. I brew my own chai blends very strong, so my palate is always wanting that. I wanted to love this tea, but just couldn’t.

Everything I’ve ever wanted from a chai, it’s spicy, has depth and makes me feel warm and fuzzy. I taste cinnamon, cloves, pepper and coconut…The taste reminds me of the smell of allspice with a soft sweetness hidden somewhere in the middle. It is truly wonderful

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 240 OZ / 7097 ML

Day 11 of my Easter Advent calendar!

To be honest…I don’t understand how anyone can like this tea. Granted, I might be biased for two reasons: 1) I don’t like coconut (more on that below…), 2) I have two friends that make me chai blends from their home countries (Ethiopia and India), so I’m a tad spoiled on the “chai beverage” front.

I can’t usually tolerate coconut in anything, so the fact that I don’t like this tea shouldn’t be all that surprising. That being said, I DO like some teas with coconut in them, especially from David’s; Elf Help is one of my favourite teas on the planet, and that has nice big strands of coconut in it that I don’t even try to pick out (I thought of it at first…). So the presence of the coconut isn’t the only thing that makes this tea disgusting to me.

I can’t quite put my finger on WHY I find this tea so terrible. I think it might be the rooibos, but I’m not sure on that one, either. I love cardamom, I love peppercorns, I love cloves, I love vanilla. I should, except for the coconut, love this tea. But I don’t. I got 5 sips of the tea down before I was all “I can’t do it without barfing” and was about to throw the cup out. I thought I would try a last-ditch effort of throwing out half the cup, filling the other half with milk and adding some agave to see what would happen. I couldn’t make it worse, right? I was already at the point of feeling nauseous from it. Well, the “latte” didn’t make it any better. Five more sips and down the drain it went. I’ll try to find someone to pawn the other cup. Even if I detest the tea, I still feel bad throwing it out.

Verdict: you couldn’t pay me to drink this again.

sipdown of the day…

Steepster is not behaving for me today, don’t know if anyone else is having issues. I might get some more of this the next time I go to David’s, I put some extra ginger in today but no sugar. I’ve been overloading myself with tea and water but I think I will make it to the concert tonight if I don’t float away!!!!

I’ve been having issues all day.

The Cookie Lady

I have, too! It’s been terrible. I can only sometimes see everything. Most of the day I’ve been getting the “someone left the kettle on the stove” message (or whatever it says) no matter what I want to look at.