Coco Chai Rooibos

Chai Fruit Rooibos Blend
Cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove, Coconut, Ginger, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pink Peppercorn, Rooibos
Cinnamon, Coconut, Ginger, Peppercorn, Spicy, Sweet, Cardamon, Candy, Cloves, Rooibos, Creamy, Fruity, Spices, Clove, Cream, Honey, Vanilla
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

• “Having this is a tea latte from the Pearson Airport DT... omg. So delicious! A bit weaker than I would like, but the flavour is fabulous. It was recommended that I have it with soy milk (and I...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2659 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday when I made some of this tea iced to take to the Managers meeting, I had two young lads race up the the counter and ask for a sip. I made too much for my travel mug and rather than put...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes
  • “When I bought this, I saw coco in the description and said "Ooooh chocolate chai!" and threw it in my cart. When it arrived I said "Oooooh I'm in the mood for some chocolate!" and made a pot. I...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Seriously, how good is this rooibos? I still can't believe I even like a red rooibos. I've been going through a bunch of my teas and trying them with this soy creamer I bought the other week,...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 962 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A spicy adventure

If you’re into spice-based chais, this one is for you. It’s got a smooth base of caffeine-free rooibos, and a satisfying kick of cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and piquant red peppercorns. Plus there’s a strong hint of coconut, for a slightly exotic twist. Try it straight up or infused in hot milk for a truly fabulous chai latte. It’s the kind of thing you get addicted to.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Rooibos, coconut, cinnamon, ginger root, cardamom, cloves, pink peppercorns. With artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

sipdown of the day…

Steepster is not behaving for me today, don’t know if anyone else is having issues. I might get some more of this the next time I go to David’s, I put some extra ginger in today but no sugar. I’ve been overloading myself with tea and water but I think I will make it to the concert tonight if I don’t float away!!!!

Cheri

I’ve been having issues all day.

The Cookie Lady

I have, too! It’s been terrible. I can only sometimes see everything. Most of the day I’ve been getting the “someone left the kettle on the stove” message (or whatever it says) no matter what I want to look at.

Sipdown! I’m not really up for writing a detailed tasting note, but I want to remember for the future that I really didn’t like this one. The clove is too heavy, the rooibos is too weak a base for the spices, and the coconut is doing something weird. It’s not totally gross but it is not pleasant either. Good riddance.

jeweledthumb

I wasn’t a fan of this one either.

Kaylee

Yay! I’m not alone!

TTBC2 #4

This was a nice late night “snack”, better than I expected. The coconut is detectable and tasty, I was afraid that the chai spices would smother it completely. The rooibos part was not too bold, merging with the other flavors pretty well. Nice, neat cup, especially if you don’t expect any fireworks but still crave something sort of unique.

Boiling 6 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Wasn’t planning on drinking tea tonight, but I figured that since I have a final tomorrow morning, it’s be nice to have some company as I cram as much information as I can in the next couple of hourse. And if I’m drinking tea this late, it’s gotta be caffeine free!

Coco Chai Roobois. Sipdown (114)
When I read the name of this tea, I totally thought that the coco bit was chocolate! But I reread it and realized it was coconut and I’m slowly developing my palette to enjoy coconut flavoured teas :)

This smells funny. I think it’s the fact that there’s coconut in this and it’s chai and no lemongrass. The last time I had a coconutty chai was Adagio’s Thai Chai and that had tons of lemongrass in it. But this? It’s less tropical and more… rooibos-y.
It’s nice! Definitely taste the coconut and I need to learn to love coconut! I know this tea is great and all, but just the fact that I don’t enjoy coconut as much as others.. yeah. I will finish this cup happily, but if I liked coconut, then I know that I’d enjoy it much more!!

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

Delicious! I thought that this would be like a blend of adagio’s thai chai and a regular roobios tea, and boy was I wrong! But in a good way. This tea tastes like a creamy coconut cake with clove , honey and and slight ending note of the pink peppercorn. The cream and honey come out even more if you add a bit of raw honey. I think this will definitely be a stable in my house!

Flavors: Coconut, Cream, Honey, Peppercorn, Vanilla

Boiling 8 min or more 4 tsp 24 OZ / 709 ML

This review is going to make me sound like such a shill for David’s Tea, but oh well. Also, it’s a sample sipdown.

So, this is a sample that I got in my recent order from David’s Tea. Not only is the tea from David’s, but I brewed it in a David’s Tea teapot, measured out the leaf using a David’s Tea’s perfect spoon, and sweetened it with some of David’s cinammon-flavoured creamed honey.

On top of that, I’m drinking it at the same time as I’m tasting a bar of David’s Coco Chai Rooibos-infused milk chocolate.

I don’t work for them, I swear! Anyways..

Dry leaf: Bits of rooibos, cardamom, and peppercorns were visible. I was surprised by how fruity this smelled when dry – I thought I detected something lemony. Looking at the ingredients, I was probably responding to a mixture of the ginger, cardamom, and coconut. Quite refreshing, actually.

Steeping parameters: I know that I underleafed this. I only had enough in the sample to make 2 8-oz cups of tea, but my teapot is 24 oz instead. I let the kettle come off the boil for about 5 minutes, then steeped the whole lot for 6 minutes.

Liquor: Orangish red, like a dark terra cotta. The ginger and the rooibos combine here to make a smell that’s surprisingly lemony/fruity. Definitely unexpected. The liquor and the dry leaf smell very similar, and the strongest taste is of ginger and cardamom. I was hoping to get more coconut out of this than I expected (though the coconut flavour is much more present in the tea-infused chocolate). However, because I underleafed this significantly, it’s entirely possible that there are several layers of flavour I’m missing.

Verdict: I think I like the chocolate version better? I’ll definitely finish off this pot, and see how drinking a properly-leafed cup from the store would taste.

I never really liked Chai until I found this tea. It is the perfect tea for a cold winter night.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I made this into a latte with a little bit of vanilla when I heated up the milk. Put it this way, I spent all day looking forward to it. When I finally got to make it…16 hours later, it did not disappoint. The perfect mug of peace after a long stressful day. Next time I may just add a tiny touch of stevia just to sweeten it up a little bit.

Boiling 7 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

I got this tea as a gift from a co-worker. It has a great balance between the spices and the sweetness of the coconut and rooibos!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Coconut, Peppercorn

This is the only rooibos I’ve tried so far that I can say really like. And that’s because it doesn’t taste at all like rooibos. I can’t even smell it in the blend and usually it automatically puts me off, even if I can smell it only a little.

I’m really enjoying it tonight as my last cup of the day. It’s nice and warm, very different from the other chais I’ve ever tasted. It’s mostly ginger, with a sweet aftertaste of coco. Yummy.