Coco Chai Rooibos

Chai Fruit Rooibos Blend
Cinnamon, Cloves, Coconut, Peppercorn, Creamy, Ginger, Spices, Sweet, Clove, Cream, Honey, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Having this is a tea latte from the Pearson Airport DT... omg. So delicious! A bit weaker than I would like, but the flavour is fabulous. It was recommended that I have it with soy milk (and I...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2244 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday when I made some of this tea iced to take to the Managers meeting, I had two young lads race up the the counter and ask for a sip. I made too much for my travel mug and rather than put...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes
  • “When I bought this, I saw coco in the description and said "Ooooh chocolate chai!" and threw it in my cart. When it arrived I said "Oooooh I'm in the mood for some chocolate!" and made a pot. I...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Seriously, how good is this rooibos? I still can't believe I even like a red rooibos. I've been going through a bunch of my teas and trying them with this soy creamer I bought the other week,...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A spicy adventure

If you’re into spice-based chais, this one is for you. It’s got a smooth base of caffeine-free rooibos, and a satisfying kick of cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and piquant red peppercorns. Plus there’s a strong hint of coconut, for a slightly exotic twist. Try it straight up or infused in hot milk for a truly fabulous chai latte. It’s the kind of thing you get addicted to.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Rooibos, coconut, cinnamon, ginger root, cardamom, cloves, pink peppercorns. With artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Part of a sampler provided by DAVIDs on my most recent order – and one I had no intention of trying but I am very glad they pushed me a free cup! In the past I have had some negative experience with Rooibos (granted it was lower quality), finding the taste displeasing and more akin to water used to wash macaroni noodles with a hint of something slightly fruity. Coco Chai Rooibos tastes absolutely nothing like I feared it would.

The dry leaf smell is one of the most pronounced I’ve ever come across, especially for a chai. The coconut and spice notes fill the head pleasingly, even the harsh bite of the peppercorn is welcome in such good company. Once brewed, I took a test sip and noted just how strong the spice profile was. The pink peppercorn stood up front, but the tea was clean enough where you could feel the other flavors swirling around it. The cinnamon coexists with the peppercorn very nicely and segue’s into the sweetness of the cloves and ginger. As the sip completed, a nice refreshing coconut trailed off.

As with other chais, I added milk to the brew to see how it would affect it. The spices hold up better than some other Chais I’ve had but the Coconut is what really stands out when milk is added. It’s delightfully exotic and another excellent chai from DAVIDs. Best of all, it’s caffeine free so you can enjoy it closer to bedtime and not have to worry about being up all night!

Loves it with bit of sugar and milk. This I my favorite chai from David’s tea. Even when I am not in the mood I make a cup and think: this is so good. A great chai option to drink at night when you want something cafeine-free.

Before I start this, know that I have two friends who absolutely ADORE this tea and say that it has a balance of spices, so I’m thinking that spicy teas are just not for me!

I really don’t like this tea. The only way I can stand it is if it is half a teaspoon not steeped very long. Even though I love spicy foods, it seems like that love does not transfer to teas. Too much peppercorn, and all the spices made my mouth feel dry afterwards. To me it just tasted like bark and spices, but not in a nice earthy way.

I’ve been off chaïs for a while now… but I’ve been under the weather today and needed something comforting with a bit of kick to it. So what better than a chaï?
I had a little sampler pack of Coco Chai Rooibos from the Christmas Crackers. Not wanting it to be too strong or spicy, I only infused for about 4 minutes, added milk and agave. And you know what? It’s just what the doctor ordered. Perfectly smooth, not too spicy but definitely chai-ish. YAy! I’m back on chaïs!! :D

NOM. I love this before bed. A nice balance of chai spices and sweet, creamy coconut. Really refreshing and unusual as an iced latte.

Edit 08/22/14: THIS. HAS. CHANGED. There’s something about it now that I just can’t stand. I can’t even put my finger on what’s different about it, but I used to consider this one of my favourites, and now I can barely finish a cup. Sads.

Only had less than a tsp left so it’s probably a little weaker than it should be for full effect. I let it steep the full 7 minutes then added it to hot, whisked almond milk for a latte. Added a bit of “Sugaresque” (erythritol) but the weird fake sweetener taste seemed to go alright with this brew. I think I like the smell more than the taste. Toasty, cinnamon-y, a bit of spice. I don’t so much taste these things as smell them which leads me to think I’d enjoy this more if it were stronger. I’ll definitely pick up a 20 g or so bag of this to really get a feel for it.

I really like this one. I’m a huge fan of all of the spices in it, so it was an easy decision to buy this one. I enjoyed it with a touch of agave, but didn’t like it at all when I added some almond milk.

One of the better rooibos teas I’ve tried.

Stacey: Okay, so to be honest, this tea is spicy… but not a hot spicy, just flavourful. I could definitely taste the ginger but the cinnamon unnerved me. I’m always a fan of rooibos so it was nice to have a chai rooibos. Definitely NO coconut, though. Overall, I’d give this tea a 6/10. It would have been a 7 or 8 if the flavours lasted the whole time but they pittered out at the end. I would say enjoy this tea while it’s hot.

Brooke: Couldn’t agree more, Stace. There were delicious hints of gingerbread cookie and cloves at the beginning that unfortunately faded near the end. Unlike black tea based chais, this one was softer and easier to drink without milk. It filled you up nicely but be sure to drink it down before the tea cools, or else you’ll be left with spicy water. I’ll give it a 7/10, because it was certainly delicious at the beginning. Whew!

Read the full review here :) http://teaconnoisseurs.wordpress.com/2012/11/26/

Love this tea. One of my favorite chais so far. Tops 3 for sure. (can’t beat pumpkin chai) I am a huge fan of rooibos because it doesn’t get bitter no matter how long it steeps.

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more

I tried this for the day 3 of my advent calendar. I have never tried this before and didnt realize there was coconuts in it. I made a Chai Latte by boiling milk and water with the tea with a bit of brown sugar. It tasted amazing, it was very chai! I dont know if I can taste the coconuts with all that chai spice going on but it was delicious regardless! I might just have to buy more since its rooibos tea and I can have it at night!