Coco Chai Rooibos

Chai Fruit Rooibos Blend
Cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove, Coconut, Ginger, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pink Peppercorn, Rooibos
Cinnamon, Coconut, Spicy, Creamy, Fruity, Sweet, Cloves, Peppercorn, Ginger, Spices, Clove, Cream, Honey, Vanilla, Cardamon
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

• “Having this is a tea latte from the Pearson Airport DT... omg. So delicious! A bit weaker than I would like, but the flavour is fabulous. It was recommended that I have it with soy milk (and I...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2498 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday when I made some of this tea iced to take to the Managers meeting, I had two young lads race up the the counter and ask for a sip. I made too much for my travel mug and rather than put...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes
  • “When I bought this, I saw coco in the description and said "Ooooh chocolate chai!" and threw it in my cart. When it arrived I said "Oooooh I'm in the mood for some chocolate!" and made a pot. I...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Seriously, how good is this rooibos? I still can't believe I even like a red rooibos. I've been going through a bunch of my teas and trying them with this soy creamer I bought the other week,...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 848 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A spicy adventure

If you’re into spice-based chais, this one is for you. It’s got a smooth base of caffeine-free rooibos, and a satisfying kick of cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and piquant red peppercorns. Plus there’s a strong hint of coconut, for a slightly exotic twist. Try it straight up or infused in hot milk for a truly fabulous chai latte. It’s the kind of thing you get addicted to.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Rooibos, coconut, cinnamon, ginger root, cardamom, cloves, pink peppercorns. With artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Only had less than a tsp left so it’s probably a little weaker than it should be for full effect. I let it steep the full 7 minutes then added it to hot, whisked almond milk for a latte. Added a bit of “Sugaresque” (erythritol) but the weird fake sweetener taste seemed to go alright with this brew. I think I like the smell more than the taste. Toasty, cinnamon-y, a bit of spice. I don’t so much taste these things as smell them which leads me to think I’d enjoy this more if it were stronger. I’ll definitely pick up a 20 g or so bag of this to really get a feel for it.

I really like this one. I’m a huge fan of all of the spices in it, so it was an easy decision to buy this one. I enjoyed it with a touch of agave, but didn’t like it at all when I added some almond milk.

One of the better rooibos teas I’ve tried.

Stacey: Okay, so to be honest, this tea is spicy… but not a hot spicy, just flavourful. I could definitely taste the ginger but the cinnamon unnerved me. I’m always a fan of rooibos so it was nice to have a chai rooibos. Definitely NO coconut, though. Overall, I’d give this tea a 6/10. It would have been a 7 or 8 if the flavours lasted the whole time but they pittered out at the end. I would say enjoy this tea while it’s hot.

Brooke: Couldn’t agree more, Stace. There were delicious hints of gingerbread cookie and cloves at the beginning that unfortunately faded near the end. Unlike black tea based chais, this one was softer and easier to drink without milk. It filled you up nicely but be sure to drink it down before the tea cools, or else you’ll be left with spicy water. I’ll give it a 7/10, because it was certainly delicious at the beginning. Whew!

Read the full review here :) http://teaconnoisseurs.wordpress.com/2012/11/26/

Love this tea. One of my favorite chais so far. Tops 3 for sure. (can’t beat pumpkin chai) I am a huge fan of rooibos because it doesn’t get bitter no matter how long it steeps.

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more

I tried this for the day 3 of my advent calendar. I have never tried this before and didnt realize there was coconuts in it. I made a Chai Latte by boiling milk and water with the tea with a bit of brown sugar. It tasted amazing, it was very chai! I dont know if I can taste the coconuts with all that chai spice going on but it was delicious regardless! I might just have to buy more since its rooibos tea and I can have it at night!

Day 3.
I am not sure how I felt about this tea. It was spicy for sure. Nothing special and probably not something I would pick up in the store but it was drinkable.

This tea smells and tastes of Christmas. It’s the first chai I’ve had in a while that I really, really like straight. It’s got a definite hot spice, rather than a gentle warm spice, perfect for a cold day.

As someone who loves spice-y teas, and chai in particular, this is my go-to chai of the moment. I can’t believe how quickly I’ve blown through an entire tin of this tea! I steep it longer than normal (as rooibos can handle a longer steeping without going bitter) and at a slightly lower water temperature. I hardly detect the ginger, but I get strong notes of the cinnamon, clove, cardamom, pepper and the star, coconut – which comes through with the longer steeping, imo. I never would have guessed I would have loved the coconut addition, but I really do – it’s creamy, sweet and what I want out of an evening/dessert type tea. I have tried to like chocolate ‘dessert’ teas to no avail – but coconut absolutely works for me – it’s creamy, rich and sweet without being cloying. I just add a drop of milk and I’m good to go. One of my favourite teas.

Plain and simple: this is a tasty chai but the coco is not prominent. I was really confused because the description says a “strong hint of coconut”, which I didn’t taste at all. Maybe my taste buds were off earlier…

HOWEVER, it is one of the best chais I’ve had at David’s Tea and makes me wants to try more rooibos chais. Also, one of the only rooibos tea blends I like.

Also try it with some steamed milk and honey.

This was my first chai, and I was really impressed! It was pretty spicy, but it wasn’t overwhelming. I really like the added coconut as well. Definitely recommend!