Coco Chai Rooibos

Chai Fruit Rooibos Blend
Cinnamon, Cloves, Coconut, Peppercorn, Creamy, Ginger, Spices, Sweet, Clove, Cream, Honey, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Having this is a tea latte from the Pearson Airport DT... omg. So delicious! A bit weaker than I would like, but the flavour is fabulous. It was recommended that I have it with soy milk (and I...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2245 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday when I made some of this tea iced to take to the Managers meeting, I had two young lads race up the the counter and ask for a sip. I made too much for my travel mug and rather than put...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes
  • “When I bought this, I saw coco in the description and said "Ooooh chocolate chai!" and threw it in my cart. When it arrived I said "Oooooh I'm in the mood for some chocolate!" and made a pot. I...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Seriously, how good is this rooibos? I still can't believe I even like a red rooibos. I've been going through a bunch of my teas and trying them with this soy creamer I bought the other week,...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A spicy adventure

If you’re into spice-based chais, this one is for you. It’s got a smooth base of caffeine-free rooibos, and a satisfying kick of cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and piquant red peppercorns. Plus there’s a strong hint of coconut, for a slightly exotic twist. Try it straight up or infused in hot milk for a truly fabulous chai latte. It’s the kind of thing you get addicted to.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Rooibos, coconut, cinnamon, ginger root, cardamom, cloves, pink peppercorns. With artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Day 3.
I am not sure how I felt about this tea. It was spicy for sure. Nothing special and probably not something I would pick up in the store but it was drinkable.

This tea smells and tastes of Christmas. It’s the first chai I’ve had in a while that I really, really like straight. It’s got a definite hot spice, rather than a gentle warm spice, perfect for a cold day.

As someone who loves spice-y teas, and chai in particular, this is my go-to chai of the moment. I can’t believe how quickly I’ve blown through an entire tin of this tea! I steep it longer than normal (as rooibos can handle a longer steeping without going bitter) and at a slightly lower water temperature. I hardly detect the ginger, but I get strong notes of the cinnamon, clove, cardamom, pepper and the star, coconut – which comes through with the longer steeping, imo. I never would have guessed I would have loved the coconut addition, but I really do – it’s creamy, sweet and what I want out of an evening/dessert type tea. I have tried to like chocolate ‘dessert’ teas to no avail – but coconut absolutely works for me – it’s creamy, rich and sweet without being cloying. I just add a drop of milk and I’m good to go. One of my favourite teas.

Plain and simple: this is a tasty chai but the coco is not prominent. I was really confused because the description says a “strong hint of coconut”, which I didn’t taste at all. Maybe my taste buds were off earlier…

HOWEVER, it is one of the best chais I’ve had at David’s Tea and makes me wants to try more rooibos chais. Also, one of the only rooibos tea blends I like.

Also try it with some steamed milk and honey.

This was my first chai, and I was really impressed! It was pretty spicy, but it wasn’t overwhelming. I really like the added coconut as well. Definitely recommend!

My first chai experience… First of all I must say I am a huge cinnamon fan. Cinnamon Heart is my all-time favourite tea from Davids Tea. So when I first smelled Coco Chai I was very attracted to the cinnamony, spicy aroma. Once brewed, the smell gets very strong but the taste is surprisingly soft and mellow in the mouth! I can’t honestly distinguish the spices but there is a nice ginger aftertaste and the cinnamon warms me up. I added one honey stick to give it a little sweet touch and enjoyed that cup until the very last sip! Will definitely drink this again!

Not the best rooibos tea I’ve ever had, and not the best chai tea I’ve ever had either.
It’s pretty good, and I am enjoying what I purchased, but I don’t think I’d buy it again.
I guess I wish I tasted the chai more.

Way too coconutty for my taste but if you like coconut then this tea would definitely be for you.

Oh delightful. Slightly spicy, and the coconut brings a lovely smooth sweetness. Warm, and perfect for fall.

This is an interesting blend and a rather spicy tea, and a nice chai blend.

It’s better hot on a cold day and isn’t something i would drink as a daily tea. It’s great in the moment, and you’ll easily forget this is a rooibos tea. The coconut certainly helps bring all the spice together. I would drink this from time to time, it sounds like it would go great in a latte too.