Coco Chai Rooibos

Chai Fruit Rooibos Blend
Cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove, Coconut, Ginger, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pink Peppercorn, Rooibos
Cinnamon, Coconut, Pepper, Ginger, Peppercorn, Spicy, Sweet, Cardamon, Candy, Cloves, Rooibos, Creamy, Fruity, Spices, Clove, Cream, Honey, Vanilla
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

• “Having this is a tea latte from the Pearson Airport DT… omg. So delicious! A bit weaker than I would like, but the flavour is fabulous. It was recommended that I have it with soy milk (and I...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2756 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday when I made some of this tea iced to take to the Managers meeting, I had two young lads race up the the counter and ask for a sip. I made too much for my travel mug and rather than put...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes
  • “When I bought this, I saw coco in the description and said "Ooooh chocolate chai!" and threw it in my cart. When it arrived I said "Oooooh I'm in the mood for some chocolate!" and made a pot. I...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Seriously, how good is this rooibos? I still can't believe I even like a red rooibos. I've been going through a bunch of my teas and trying them with this soy creamer I bought the other week,...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 966 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A spicy adventure

If you’re into spice-based chais, this one is for you. It’s got a smooth base of caffeine-free rooibos, and a satisfying kick of cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and piquant red peppercorns. Plus there’s a strong hint of coconut, for a slightly exotic twist. Try it straight up or infused in hot milk for a truly fabulous chai latte. It’s the kind of thing you get addicted to.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Rooibos, coconut, cinnamon, ginger root, cardamom, cloves, pink peppercorns. With artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Coco Chai Rooibos has a full and satisfying chai flavor.. Also, this tea has cocoa in it, so that really completes it and compliments the chai! :) I bought this tea when I bought the David’s Top 3 set in a certain promotion. I totally get why this is a best seller, it’s fantastic and chai is very popular lately.

Tonight’s cup.

Opening the pouch, it smells really good. Very promising. I love Chai tea. I love spices…I really hope this is as good as it smells because I would really like to have an evening Chai alternative.

Anyway…it almost smells creamy. I’m going to guess that’s the coconut. And sweet….

….waiting…..

awe man….the flavors are good but SOOO WEAK!

Maybe I’ll try it again tomorrow and double it….

Rooibos isn’t my cup of tea, but I did find this one to be amongst the better ones that I’ve tried. It has a great smell with the cinnamon, ginger and red peppercorns.

My roommate discuss how this tea is lacking coconut here:

Not too much to say about this one. Not really a fan of Chai or Rooibos but this impressed me. First stumbled across this in my Advent Calendar and was happy with the choice, however I’m not sure it’d be a re-buy. Happy I tried it though!

Day 21 of my advent calendar,

Didn’t drink this one as i hate this tea. really can’t deal with all of the spices…

I was recommended this by a staff because I was battling stomach problems that night. I eventually tried it for non stomach problems. It smells absolutely amazing in the bag. I really love the smell of coconut and spices, so I was excited to try it! I was pretty disappointed trying this tea. A lot of what I tasted was grass and a kick from the peppercorns. I tried to make coco chai rooibos with soy milk. It didn’t taste super bad.

I had this one as a cup to go today. I had heard a lot of good things about it and am very pleased to say that I agree with all of them. It has a nice spice however, it is not at all overpowering. I will absolutely pick up more of this one (probably a 100g tin)and will be pleased to add this to my own personal collection!

chai covers the rooibos taste and that is okay with me (although i’m not so unfond of rooibos as i used to be)

Part of a sampler provided by DAVIDs on my most recent order – and one I had no intention of trying but I am very glad they pushed me a free cup! In the past I have had some negative experience with Rooibos (granted it was lower quality), finding the taste displeasing and more akin to water used to wash macaroni noodles with a hint of something slightly fruity. Coco Chai Rooibos tastes absolutely nothing like I feared it would.

The dry leaf smell is one of the most pronounced I’ve ever come across, especially for a chai. The coconut and spice notes fill the head pleasingly, even the harsh bite of the peppercorn is welcome in such good company. Once brewed, I took a test sip and noted just how strong the spice profile was. The pink peppercorn stood up front, but the tea was clean enough where you could feel the other flavors swirling around it. The cinnamon coexists with the peppercorn very nicely and segue’s into the sweetness of the cloves and ginger. As the sip completed, a nice refreshing coconut trailed off.

As with other chais, I added milk to the brew to see how it would affect it. The spices hold up better than some other Chais I’ve had but the Coconut is what really stands out when milk is added. It’s delightfully exotic and another excellent chai from DAVIDs. Best of all, it’s caffeine free so you can enjoy it closer to bedtime and not have to worry about being up all night!