Coco Chai Rooibos

Chai Fruit Rooibos Blend
Cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove, Coconut, Ginger, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pink Peppercorn, Rooibos
Cardamon, Cinnamon, Coconut, Ginger, Candy, Cloves, Peppercorn, Rooibos, Spicy, Creamy, Fruity, Sweet, Spices, Clove, Cream, Honey, Vanilla
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

• “Having this is a tea latte from the Pearson Airport DT... omg. So delicious! A bit weaker than I would like, but the flavour is fabulous. It was recommended that I have it with soy milk (and I...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2609 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday when I made some of this tea iced to take to the Managers meeting, I had two young lads race up the the counter and ask for a sip. I made too much for my travel mug and rather than put...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes
  • “When I bought this, I saw coco in the description and said "Ooooh chocolate chai!" and threw it in my cart. When it arrived I said "Oooooh I'm in the mood for some chocolate!" and made a pot. I...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Seriously, how good is this rooibos? I still can't believe I even like a red rooibos. I've been going through a bunch of my teas and trying them with this soy creamer I bought the other week,...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 935 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A spicy adventure

If you’re into spice-based chais, this one is for you. It’s got a smooth base of caffeine-free rooibos, and a satisfying kick of cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and piquant red peppercorns. Plus there’s a strong hint of coconut, for a slightly exotic twist. Try it straight up or infused in hot milk for a truly fabulous chai latte. It’s the kind of thing you get addicted to.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Rooibos, coconut, cinnamon, ginger root, cardamom, cloves, pink peppercorns. With artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

nicey spicey.
i’m not a huge chai person and i’m kinda over rooibos.
which is probably why i didn’t review this tea until now cuz i’m on my last cup.
the good thing is that my allergies have been kicking in and it makes me crave stronger flavors. helps cleanse and wake up the nose and throat.
so in conclusion, chai rooibos, it tastes good when your allergies don’t! :)

allergies = time to get healthy and 100% vegan again. i’d complain, but it makes me feel so much better that i can’t really bother. :)

Terri HarpLady

My allergies always make me have a Bott taste in my mouth. ;p
So I’m craving more sweet tastes right now :)

I feel pretty, oh so pretty, I feel pretty and pretty and IIIIIIIIII, I feel pretty, oh so pretty, I don’t know the rest of the woooords.

ok well my attempt on singing failed BUT as you an tell, I am very happy today. So I steeped Coco Chai Rooibos and It tastes better then when I first had it. This time the flavors are more layered, the taste of ginger doesn’t hit me in the face, and it even smells better for some reason haha It nice and warming and just puts a smile on your face when you drink this tea. Oh and this tea tastes delicious in a soyamilk latte with agave :)

I’ve had this little sample from David’s in my tea drawer since just before Christmas, and pulled it out tonight to try. I always assumed that the “Coco” meant chocolate, but apparently it is coconut. I’m fine with either, I’m just a little apprehensive about the rooibos and all of the spices. I like a good chai, just not the real peppery ones, which I’m worried this may be after reading the reviews. This may be a sample that I should’ve saved for my fiancee. The dry blend smells lightly sweet and spicy with a hint of coconut. There is a peppery-sweet smell that comes from the cup while steeping, it’s a little odd. The flavor is strong and peppery with a ginger finish. There is a light cardamom and coconut aftertaste that wasn’t that great. I added a little milk and sweetener, which covered up some of the pepperiness. It’s still spicy, and I can feel the warming sensation all over, which makes me think I would like this more in the winter time. I can’t taste any of the rooibos at all, at least, and it does lose a little spiciness as it cools down. I still don’t think that it’s a tea that I would order myself, though. Maybe if there were more coconut and less spicy pepperiness in the mix.

-Dry blend has red rooibos mixed with pieces of spices, slivers of dried coconut and small red peppercorns.
-Dry blend smells lightly sweet and spicy with a hint of coconut. Tea liquor aroma is spicy with a hint of coconut.
-Tea liquor is a cloudy medium yellow brown color with an oily sheen on top.
-Strong peppery taste with a ginger finish. Light cardamom and coconut aftertaste.
-Best with milk and sweetener.
-Good tea. A warming cup. Spicy and peppery flavor with a hint of coconut.

It’s starting to cool down quite a bit. So I’m more interested than ever to stock up on some chai blends.

The spices add a special ‘warmth" to my day. Tea leaves before and after brewing, have a strong scent. I think that the ginger really comes out in this blend. It’s not overpowering, just enough to please your senses. As a chai blend, I usually prefer more caffeine but because it tastes really good I’m willing to overlook it.

Cofftea

Is this red or green rooibos?

Pretty sure its red

Meghann M

Does the coconut come through much in this one?

Dorothy

There is definitely some coconut flavor in this. But the ginger really steals the show though.

Michelle Butler Hallett

Oooh, did you say ginger? I’ve been hesitating to try this one because of the coconut.

Dorothy

Well you can taste coconut in the tea. But the ginger, which to me is always a really strong flavor (like lemon grass). Definitely is the first thing you’ll taste. It’s not a heavy coconut flavor like, coconut cream pie. It’s a hint of flavor and it smooths out brew. If you really really don’t like coconut you still might not like this tea anyways though. Alternatively you can pick out the coconut shavings LOL

Yummy chai! The smell of the dry leaf is heavenly. The rooibos is definitely in there, but not strong. It’s behaving despite a long steep. There’s a slight burn from the peppercorn. Cinnamon and cloves and cardamom. Mmmmmm…. so tasty. I love spices. I might have been born with a piece of cinnamon in one fist and a cardamom pod in the other. The coconut makes it’s all smooth and decadent feeling.

I’ve been looking for a perfect caffeine free chai that I can keep on constant supply. This is a strong contender. One day, when I’m in the mood, I may try it sweet with milk.

This is better than I thought. I might restock, someday.

CrowKettle

This used to be my favourite but I haven’t had it in a while. I wonder if I’ll like it anymore. :/

Cavocorax

:/ Yeah, I’ve been there. It’s funny how we can fall out of love with some of these teas.

Wow, I haven’t drank this in more than a month! I think i’m getting more into spring teas so this hasn’t been reached for often but I still love it.

I wanted something special for my 50th tasting note so I went back to the davids tea box from my sister in law that I got for my birthday :)
This one is defiantly Chi I cant really pick anything els out of this but i do taste some ginger it almost reminds me of a gingerbread tea it is very good

Ninavampi

Congrats on 50th note! :)

I enjoyed this wonderful tea last night after an unexpected treck to San Diego. It’s only about a two hour drive from where I live, and the ocean was particularly blue and beautiful yesterday. We arrived back home fairly late, and I need a nice, caffeine-free, desserty tea to wind down for bed.

Coco Chai Rooibos is a spicy but surprisingly smooth chai. I steeped this beauty in coconut milk for one of the most outstanding chai lattes I’ve ever had! The chocolate flavor isn’t overly strong and it pairs so well with the chai spices. Yum!

ashika

omg! i only want to taste this, because you added coconut milk- sounds mouthwatering

DaisyChubb

I’m thinking the exact same thing… coconut milk o_o heaven.

Jenn

I defiantly recommend trying it! Yum :)

Dry Leaf Nose: Sweet coconut and cinnamon with ginger & cardamom notes.

Liquor: Red brown liquor with a very spicy and enticing aroma.

Flavour: Spices hit first, followed by a coconut background. Cinnamon sweetens the blend, while the peppercorns add spiciness (the longer you steep, the spicier the blend).