Coco Chai Rooibos

Chai Fruit Rooibos Blend
Cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove, Coconut, Ginger, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pink Peppercorn, Rooibos
Cinnamon, Coconut, Creamy, Fruity, Spicy, Sweet, Cloves, Peppercorn, Ginger, Spices, Clove, Cream, Honey, Vanilla, Cardamon
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

• “Having this is a tea latte from the Pearson Airport DT... omg. So delicious! A bit weaker than I would like, but the flavour is fabulous. It was recommended that I have it with soy milk (and I...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2362 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday when I made some of this tea iced to take to the Managers meeting, I had two young lads race up the the counter and ask for a sip. I made too much for my travel mug and rather than put...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes
  • “When I bought this, I saw coco in the description and said "Ooooh chocolate chai!" and threw it in my cart. When it arrived I said "Oooooh I'm in the mood for some chocolate!" and made a pot. I...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Seriously, how good is this rooibos? I still can't believe I even like a red rooibos. I've been going through a bunch of my teas and trying them with this soy creamer I bought the other week,...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 826 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A spicy adventure

If you’re into spice-based chais, this one is for you. It’s got a smooth base of caffeine-free rooibos, and a satisfying kick of cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and piquant red peppercorns. Plus there’s a strong hint of coconut, for a slightly exotic twist. Try it straight up or infused in hot milk for a truly fabulous chai latte. It’s the kind of thing you get addicted to.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Rooibos, coconut, cinnamon, ginger root, cardamom, cloves, pink peppercorns. With artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

It has been a long time since I’ve had chai. And the last chai I had was one of those bagged ones that you really have to have with milk to make it drinkable. So it was with some skepticism that I approached this one, given that I’m not a milk fan, nor, based on previous experience, much of a chai person.

This is much better than I expected. For some reason I expected more of a chocolate flavor, I think I had it mixed up with the chocolate chili chai tea that I have a sample of. Anyway, the peppercorns give it a bit of a bite, while the other spices are all in harmony. None of them are overwhelming the others. I get a bit of coconut, but mostly in the aroma of the brewed tea. And cinnamon! I definitely get the cinnamon. I think part of the bite that I get from this tea also comes from the ginger. A nicely done blend, this would be perfect for cold nights, curled up with a blanket and a book or my knitting. Unfortunately, we don’t get many cold evenings, so I’ll have to suffer through warm evenings with this tea to make me imagine it is cold. Definitely going on my to-buy list!

I received a sample of this tea in my latest order from DAVIDsTEA. I wasn’t sure what to expect because I never had rooibos before.

Glad to say I was pleasantly surprised. The tea was delicious. The dry sample smelled great of cinnamon and coconut and I liked the visual touch of pink peppercorns.

I steeped it according to directions: in boiling water for 7 minutes.

After steeping the tea continued to impress me. It filled my kitchen with beautiful smell of cinnamon and spice and it tasted delicious. Coconut was less pronounced now and instead I got a strong taste of apples with cinnamon. Kind of like eating apple cinnamon pie. Yum!

My only problem with this tea was that it contains artificial flavouring. That something I definitely want to avoid in my teas. I really like the taste though and so I will probably look for something similar but with all natural ingredients.

You can see my review of this tea with pictures in my blog below.

Nice pics! :) I hope you enjoy your tea journey. not sure where in Canada you’re at but if you’re ever curious about things (ordering tea, companies who do right by canadians etc..) from a canadian perspective, feel free to hollar anytime!

Kamyria

Thank you Sil!! I’m in Ontario :)

I always forget how much I like this one until I drink it again. Usually not a fan of chai because of the cinnamon component, but this is a nice sweet coconutty one. The rooibos is more mellow, not as sweet. Maybe I am bending on my no-rooibos rule, because I’m drinking more and more of them that I enjoy.

Boiling 8 min or more

This certainly is better with milk. I’ve tried it steeped only in water and once on the stovetop with milk. This time, steeped in water with a bit of milk added, is the way to go.

I like Coco Chai Rooibos. But I don’t know why I don’t love it. I love chai, I love rooibos, I love coconut. I suppose maybe I prefer a richer chai? Or maybe there is too much ginger in here for me. I’m not sure. I enjoy drinking it when I have it, but never think to buy it.

I liked this tea as well. I have never had much chai in my life, so when Abby gave me this, I leaped at the chance to try it. Coco Chai had a very nice tropical flavor that blended nicely with the ginger, cinnamon and cloves. I located the honey and lemon sticks that I purchased from Fresh & Easy, a grocery chain, awhile ago. So I sweetened this as well.

I don’t like chai and I don’t like rooibos, so it’s a surprise to me that I actually find this tea pretty pleasant. It smells tantalizingly of gingerbread cookies but the flavor is a little harder to pinpoint. A light spice blend is about as close as a I can come. I don’t taste coconut at all in this, unless it is the flavor that is sort of mellowing everything out.

Another unique herbal blend from Davids Tea, Coco Chai Rooibos seems to me like a cross between a pseudo hot toddy (non-alcoholic) and an infusion of cinnamon. The alcohol flavor is quite marked, and I imagine that it is the secret “artificial flavoring” ingredient. Strangely, no one else seems to be commenting about it. Rum, anyone? No?

Well, to me, it overwhelms just about everything else. There is a strong spiciness reminiscent of ginger here, too, but I believe that the cinnamon adds to the hotness, and I definitely do not catch the taste specifically of ginger. Nor that of coconut. Or even rooibos. Maybe that’s a good thing, though. This could be the rooibos for rooibos naysayers. Also teetotalers…

Boiling 8 min or more

This was yummy. It was sweet without adding anything and had enough spice to know it was a chai but not too much that it was too strong for my taste. I was a little worried it’d be too spicy and burn but it was smooth and tasty.

Another from the Sweet Indulgence sampler I got from my Aunt for Christmas

At 1st I was expecting something along the lines of the Maharaja Chai Oolong from Teavana, though without any vanilla to smooth it out. Sharp and biting. Well happy to report that though it is sharp and biting it is still quite good. If as a Chai lover you want the really sharp and biting tea, this isn’t it…unless you add more pepper to it.

It’s funny, I am not a huge fan of pepper, but I do like peppercorn ranch, and when pepper is cooked with something along with salt, garlic,etc. Kind of a contradiction…no?

Spicy chai with no caffeine! Nice!!
It smells cinnamony and spicy when brewed. I taste the cinnamon and ginger and Rooibos but not the coconut so much. All in all a flavourful cup of tea. I am drinking this straight…with what I have left I will have to try it with almond milk.