Coco Chai Rooibos

Chai Fruit Rooibos Blend
Cinnamon, Cloves, Coconut, Peppercorn, Creamy, Ginger, Spices, Sweet, Clove, Cream, Honey, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Having this is a tea latte from the Pearson Airport DT... omg. So delicious! A bit weaker than I would like, but the flavour is fabulous. It was recommended that I have it with soy milk (and I...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2244 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday when I made some of this tea iced to take to the Managers meeting, I had two young lads race up the the counter and ask for a sip. I made too much for my travel mug and rather than put...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes
  • “When I bought this, I saw coco in the description and said "Ooooh chocolate chai!" and threw it in my cart. When it arrived I said "Oooooh I'm in the mood for some chocolate!" and made a pot. I...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Seriously, how good is this rooibos? I still can't believe I even like a red rooibos. I've been going through a bunch of my teas and trying them with this soy creamer I bought the other week,...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A spicy adventure

If you’re into spice-based chais, this one is for you. It’s got a smooth base of caffeine-free rooibos, and a satisfying kick of cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and piquant red peppercorns. Plus there’s a strong hint of coconut, for a slightly exotic twist. Try it straight up or infused in hot milk for a truly fabulous chai latte. It’s the kind of thing you get addicted to.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Rooibos, coconut, cinnamon, ginger root, cardamom, cloves, pink peppercorns. With artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I don’t know if I care for this one fully… It’s good, it’s a nice chai flavour, but I expected it to be a bit stronger. I love the coconut added to it. I thought it was a nice touch.
I prefer black tea bases instead of rooibos for something like this. I find the black base makes it nice and… sturdy or something.
Still quite nice. I thought it was delicious. If it had some vanilla flavour it would be kinda nice too! Maybe some agave in a vanilla flavour would be nice.

This is a nice tea. I once forgot it and it got cold. It tasted almost better.
I am attracted to spicy tea rather than fruity so this tea works for me.

This came in a set of Davids best selling teas that was given to me for my birthday last year and I just got around to trying it. It’s one of the best chais I’ve tasted.

I am a big fan of black teas and their bold flavours, which is why I find nighttime a bit daunting. But this herbal tea does the trick!! It is super flavourful and offers that warming chai taste. I agree that the ginger is not very present, but the coconut is. The peppercorns offer a subtly spicy bite as an aftertaste. A spicy, sweet treat to warm you up, I find the cardamom very pleasing in this blend as well.

I got this tea in one of the two sampler packs so I decided I would try it Tonight
I haven’t tried a lot of chai teas so I was a little hesitant
Iv been looking around and it said this tea was good with milk so I added some heated milk to this (I actually spilt the milk all over the microwave :/ )
Back to the tea now
It was good. It had quite a bit of ginger in it so I didn’t like it very much
In all a nice tea but I probably would not buy it

This one is one of my all-time favorite from DAVIDs – I love rooibos, and this one is so spicy, fun and quriky! The red rooibos and coconut make it sweet, but the spices really jump out of the brew from the first sip until the last. Despite the strenght, there’s no unpleasant aftertaste. Amazing with vanilla cookies. ;)

One small negative note, though: sometimes the pepper comes out too strongly and tickles, overtakes the rest. If you’re not a fan of pepper, I would make sure there aren’t too many grains in each brew.

I’ve always had my Chai teas as a latte so I wouldn’t really have much of an opinion on whether if this is a good or bad straight Chai. I can note that it’s not as spicy as the ones I’m use to but it was probably the amount I steeped. Overall it’s decent to me and fills my chai latte cravings especially for night since it’s caffeine free. :D

I was at a lululemon where they were serving this exact tea for their shoppers. I fell in love with the aroma and the spicy-sweet infusion. I went straight to David’s tea to buy some! Its the best when I just want to enjoy and relax by treating my senses to the smell and taste :)

This is a very disappointing chai. My feelings of rooibos notwithstanding, everything is just very weak, there’s barely a spice kick, a chai flair, or even a silver lining of coconut.

Opening this tea, the smell intrigued me, as it didn’t give off a typical rooibos smell, which led me to believe this wouldn’t have that overpowering rooibos taste.

How wrong I was. And that was when everything fell apart, as the rooibos just overpowered the whole flavor of the blend. As well, the bland scent now makes sense, as this is just bland.

I would be curious to know how the chai spices would taste, had it not been a rooibos blend, and the coconut seems a subtle flavor as well.

But, when the whole damn brew is rooibos, you just can’t taste anything but.

Brewing this a little weak, because I’m finishing it off and I don’t quite have a full serving left. But making it in a smaller vessel as well, so hopefully it at least somewhat balances out.

The coconut is what’s coming through clearest for me, with some of the sweetness and spice added to it. Unfortunately, I’m not a huge coconut fan, but I still don’t mind it. I think it would be better, for me, with milk and sugar, but someone who is more into coconut would probably adore this straight.