Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Black Tea, Caramel, Carrot, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Natural And Artificial Flavouring
Cinnamon, Clove, Pumpkin, Spices, Sugar, Sweet, Vanilla, Apple, Caramel, Carrot, Honey
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

From DAVIDsTEA

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, pumpkin pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

Ingredients: Black tea, cinnamon, cloves, lemon peel, squash, carrot, caramel bits, pumpkin candies.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I had a mug of this earlier this morning and as usual it was great. It kept me nice and cozy as I waited for the bus :D

Boiling

OMG ITS SOOOO GOOD
New favorite tea omnomnomnommn
I get the box with 25g of each tea in it. eep excite!

This one is thick, in such a good way. Edit: Okay folks, this tea tastes like pumpkin. No fakes, no extract, it tastes like pure real pumpkin goodness.

I make my own pumpkin chai by steeping regular chai in milk and adding pumpkin spice & a can of pumpkin. This is totally on par, and way less work.

I actually can’t wait for fall so I can drink this all day every day. I can wait for winter, however.
Sigh what am I saying, I have to enjoy the hot weather while it lasts!!

(In Saskatchewan, where I live, the summers reach a high of +40 C and the winters a low of -50 C ) Convert that to F and then come talk to me. haha

Uniquity

I don’t like pumpkin and was so sad this tea came back again. I’m glad you like it though!!

DaisyChubb

To be fair to both you and the tea, it is the only tea I haveever tried that actually DOES taste exactly like pumpkin!
The other teas in the fall collection smell AMAZING though, maybe one of them will make you even happier ^^

Erin Hurley

You added….. A CAN OF PUMPKIN?! Oh dammmm

aisling of tea

Now for Halloween I want to roast a pumpkin in the oven and use it as a punch bowl. I see that ending in disaster, though.

Uniquity

You could use a pumpkin as a punch bowl if you didn’t roast it. It’d be less likely to fall apart on you. : )

DaisyChubb

yes agreed! If you scrape it out deep it could be a good punchbowl. Just need a strong arm and a big spoon

aisling of tea

But uncooked, wouldn’t it affect the taste weirdly?

DaisyChubb

Probably! haha but when I think of a cooked pumpkin I think of when they sit on the counter and get all mushy. But I guess if you get all the meat out it would harden hey?

aisling of tea

This calls for an experiment….

Uniquity

Uncooked would definitely be more firm and less likely to explode everywhere. If you let it dry a day or two, it seems like it might be less likely to affect the taste? I honestly don’t know!

I NEED A PUMPKIN. gets labcoat and crazy scientist goggles

DaisyChubb

pictures or it didn’t happen >_> haha it’s not pumpkin season here yet but maybe I’ll give it a try for my Halloween party! As long as I don’t forget and carve a face in it first. I love carving punkins ^^

aisling of tea

My wife does too, when I get one, I’ll have to hide it from her XD

Uniquity

I only buy one pumpkin a year and it is always for carving. Luckily, the beau likes to eat the seeds. He always wants me to make a pie, but I like to look at my carving too long and it tends to mold. Ugh!

aisling of tea

I roasted my own pumpkin once, made a cheesecake with it, enjoyed it, and promptly went back to using canned pumpkin XD

hahaha amen to that!
homemade pumpkin pie, delicious but way too much work.
I feel the same about thehomemade pecan pie I made. I spilled thick syrup all over my oven and floor and it tasted just like a bought pie. So eff that. I’m buying them from now on too.

aisling of tea

Oh no, now, see, I’m from Tennessee. You don’t buy pecan pies. You just plain don’t. You make them from scratch or by god, you do without! XD

DaisyChubb

haha I was hoping someone from the south would set me right!
Pecan pies aren’t something you find around here anyways, hey wait you’re in Canada now correct? Mind if I invite myself over a few provinces for pie? :)

aisling of tea

XD Absolutely. Next time you’re in Toronto, let me know .

DaisyChubb

I apologise for the store bought pies, I didn’t mean to shame the good pecan pie! I just shame the sticky floor and burnt sugar in my oven n_n

tigress_al

I live in Saskatchewan as well and I totally agree that this tea is awesome on a really cold day, especially as a latte!

MissMylin

Oh, a fellow Reginan – yay! (Although I like in soggy Vancouver now) I just had to add that this tea is awesome on a cold, sopping wet day as well :-)

DaisyChubb

Yay hello fellow Reginan!
My bf and I were sooo close to moving to Vancouver too! Instead we’re moving to Halifax in 3 months. Yay no more -50 winters :D

Uniquity

Whoa. Moving to Halifax, you say? It’s not so bad here, though very rainy in the last few years. Welcome (almost!) to the Maritimes!!

DaisyChubb

ee thanks! I’m definitely looking forward to a change of environment (although I will miss the land of living skies)

Helena

Living in Winnipeg I can feel your winter/summer pain.

Backlog from when I was at the mall today:

Woo! Good. I still like it! I wasn’t sure because some of the ultra-crazy-sugary blends no longer appeal to me as much now that I’ve discovered the beauty of Butiki and Verdant teas, but THIS is one I still love.

It’s just… fall in a cup. I break all the rules for this one. I love it as a latte with brown sugar, but will settle for some with a dash of milk.

I started this season with 50g. I’ll probably buy more later, but I didn’t need a free tin, and would prefer smaller foil bags right now.

OMGsrsly

My goal is to empty a tin for Pumpkin Chai. :) I had this one iced today. Did they give it to you iced, as well? So different.

Cavocorax

Ummm.. shoot. I can’t remember if my sample was iced or not! But I had a go cup with milk so that erased the sample from my memory. :PIt is definitely tin-worthy.

keychange

Hmmm, I’ve never tried ordinary brown sugar in tea. Do you think that’s the kind of sugar they’re talking about? or the special rock variety? and, I’m still playing around with quantities and times and such for this tea myself. I think I’ll use double the leaf next time.

OMGsrsly

Keychange, I’ve used ordinary brown sugar, but brown sugar is different depending where you are in the world. The stuff I use is the kind with molasses added back into it, so it’s really soft and sticky and packs well.

keychange

oh wow omgsrsly, I didn’t know brown sugar wasn’t just the same everywhere. I’d never heard of it having molasses in it—that’s interesting. Maybe i’ll try a bit of the ordinary (non molasses) version in my tea. Their website doesn’t really suggest what kind of brown sugar they’re getting at. I feel as though I always need “permission” to experiment though, as I’ve never actually used brown sugar for anything other than baking LOL.

OMGsrsly

The only reason I know is from cooking shows on YouTube. :) What I see as turbinado here is what’s called brown sugar in other places. It’s a free flowing crystal, that’s brown instead of white. Food names are so weird.

I don’t know, guys…

This one doesn’t quite make it for me. Bummer! I was expecting pumpkin pie, and I got more chai than I wanted. I think there’s too much cinnamon, and not enough pumpkin. The pumpkin flavor also reminds me of Della Terra’s chocolate pumpkin pie, but without the chocolate. Truthfully, I think I like Republic of Tea’s pumpkin spice better. I can’t believe I’m saying that! I mean, those are teabags! Ha! But those taste more like pumpkin pie to me. I’ll give this another try with the stovetop method and some brown sugar, and we’ll see how that goes.

Lariel

It’s actually pretty good with the chocolate pumpkin pie.

Cavocorax

Yes, that’s the issue – it needs more pumpkin

Gabriela

Ok, so I didn’t like this at first… Had 50 grams since last fall sitting on the shelf collecting dust. After everyone raved about it I decided to give it another chance. I steeped it again and added warm milk…. Omg so good. Cannot tell you how much I liked it. Add a little sugar as well.

Cavocorax

I agree, milk and (brown) sugar make it pop, but I wish it was that good without it.

Tealizzy

Lariel – do you mean you combine it with the other tea?

Gabriela – I did add some milk and sugar, because I always do that for a black tea, but I will try the stovetop method (with half milk) and some brown sugar to see if that works out better.

Cavocorax – I agree!

Lariel

Yeah, I like to combine teas sometimes. Just a little of each.

Ugh..I got a crazy migraine today..was not fun, pretty sure it was weather related, finally had a Tylenol after having some matcha for caffeine and it is mostly gone. Anyways, I am having this tea because I find that I feel better when I have at least one cup of tea with milk in it a day, whether it’s due to the calcium or something, it seems to help anxiety, head hurting, etc haha. So tonight, this has milk and brown sugar in it. And it is good, as always. Hoping my headache doesn’t come back anytime soon..although it seems like it probably will, right before bed. Ugh, gotta love weather changes! See previous notes on this tea :)

Josie Jade

I had a terrible headache yesterday and I think it was weather related also. Hoping for some sunshine tomorrow! :)

MissLena

Mine definitely was! It was sunny and really nice out, then some crazy clouds rolled in and it got super windy..the pressure was also dropping immensely :( I’m hoping it stabilizes tomorrow, even if it isn’t sunny! Hope your headache does not return!

Bonnie

Good you know to have caffeine for migraine. I like puerh for migraines too because it doesn’t upset the stomach (I get nausea migraines). Try it sometime.

MissLena

Ah yes I should have had that today! My stomach was a bit upset from it, that probably would have helped, i’ll keep it in mind for the next one (usually get one during every major weather change or if a storm comes)

Lariel

I didn’t know it was good for headaches.

Bonnie

I had a neurologist who had the same kind of migraines as mine tell me about the importance of caffeine to help ward off migraines and the importance of doing things that make you happy every day.

Time for my weekend tea treat!

I made this one the stove today, not sure if I did it right because this is the first time I tried it, but it turned out really good. Milk, water, tea, and a teaspoon of brown sugar in the pan, simmering for 10minutes.

I put a dollop of light cool-whip on it as well. A real treat, and it was delicious!!!! This is such a comforting tea! Such a good mood now! Have a WONDERFUL Sunday everyone!

Zoltar

The way you describe it does make it sound delicious still have a lot of that one i will give it another chance since it does smell so good i just want to love it

I’ve been wanting to try this, and CupofTree had it in the fall collection and hadn’t tried it yet. We just had it as a regular cup of tea instead of making it with milk. It needed a little sugar to bring everything out, even the spices.

It’s definitely not chai-like at all, it’s more like drinking a pumpkin spice or pumpkin pie tea, because the only spices are the ones you typically put in a pumpkin pie. And that’s fine by me because I’m picky about chai, so this one is excellent.

The pumpkin flavor is nice too. I have a bit to try their pumpkin chai recipe so I’ll do that when I get home and then decide if this is something I want to have regularly. It’s definitely something I like better than the Sweet Harvest Pumpkin because that was just too sweet.

CupofTree

I’m gonna have to milk this one too lol I didn’t even think to use milk oops

Ze_Teamaker

I love mixing this with Culinary Tea’s pumpkin cream. IT IS AWESOME!

Ruby Woo Scarlett

Sounds lush and very autumn-y.

1937 tasting notes

One of the types of tea I’ve never gotten into is chai. I mean, I love chai when I get it at a restaurant, all milky and sugary, but I never make it myself. Partly because most of the time I make my tea at work, and I don’t keep milk or sugar there, and partly because I feel like it’s often best made on a stovetop. I always fear chai will be too strong and too spicy when made as I usually make tea.

This one got really great reviews, and when Sare offered to send me a sample of it in our recent swap I said ok. I do love love love pumpkin anything. Today I decided to make up a cup. I had to use a tea sack that I got in a Talbott Teas gift pack because my teapot is somewhere in storage still, and I decided to just try it straight first just to see how it held up without milk or sugar.

I also hadn’t sought this one out because in the past I’ve never been super impressed with DavidsTeas’ offerings. I mean, they’ve been pretty good but not spectacular, and nothing I would come back for. I have to say, this tea changes that. This tea is really delicious. It is primarily pumpkiny with a nice bit of pumpkin-pie spice type flavoring, but not too spicy like I might expect from a chai. For me, that’s just fine. I think possibly it could be steeped really strong and it might be more like a traditional chai (with pumpkin!). I also can’t really distinctly taste the black tea, but it isn’t bitter or anything so it’s not so bad. I can imagine this with a fantastic chocolatey black base, though, and it would be amazing. Still, I might have to go by DavidsTea next time I am in the city and pick up some more of this tea. Thanks fro recommending it, Sare!

Sare

So glad you like it!! Im not big on Chia ether but this I fell in LOVE WITH and I do Steep mine for a very long time at work lol Never had chia with milk will need to try!

charab

Would love to find out how the pumpkin version would turn out when making pralines, since the normal chai is already delicious when accompanied with milk or dark chocolate. Something to suggest to my confectioner friend, hmmm…

My family is having a Thanksgiving lunch today! I am so excited!!!! Even though I am vegetarian, I still love everything about Thanksgiving! The smell of the food, the Christmas music, the company!! To start of my day with a smile, as soon as I was done running I made myself a delicious Pumpkin Chai Latte!!

The dry leaves with pumpkin sprinkles make me smile every time! The smell is very sweet and pumpkin bread like. It doesn’t quite reach my spice requirement, but that can be easily fixed with a pinch of nutmeg and cinnamon!

I frothed up my milk and made my tea in my double walled Bodum cup. It smelled like joy! My Mom walked by and asked if I decided to bake pumpkin bread, this of course made me smile and I made her try my tea. She loved it! I get points for making my coffee loving Mom admit to really liking a tea!!

I can honestly say that last year I did not love this tea. I am not sure what changed… I still acknowledge that it must be a latte to be really tasty, but it is really tasty! Today, it was the perfect tea to start the day off with a smile! I think I will need another cup of this with Thanksgiving dessert!!! :)

Upping the rating a bit!

canadianadia

Enjoy your lunch :D

Ninavampi

It was great! :)

Another sip down. Pumpkin Chai was love at first sip, but I think after going through a 50g pouch, I feel like I’ve had my fill of it for a while so I won’t be buying more. Of course, let’s just hope it’ll stick around online or will come back next fall.

Just watch, a few months down the line I’ll be craving some Pumpkin Chai.

Jillian

Might be better to stock up. ;)

Fjellrev