Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Black Tea, Caramel, Carrot, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Natural And Artificial Flavouring
Caramel, Cinnamon, Maple, Pumpkin, Clove, Spices, Sugar, Sweet, Vanilla, Apple, Carrot, Honey, Citrus Zest, Cloves
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

From DAVIDsTEA

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, pumpkin pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

Ingredients: Black tea, cinnamon, cloves, lemon peel, squash, carrot, caramel bits, pumpkin candies.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

1.5 tsp for 300mL water @98C, steeped four minutes.

Much better than I remember. I can taste tea, spices, and pumpkin. Lovely.

It aroma reminds me more of spices and Autumn than of pumpkin. The flavour is more like pumpkin pie. And the chai has nice blend of spices.

Oh my goodness! This is some yummy tea! I got on a Chai kick tonight and this one really did it for me! This smells delicious in the package and while it is steeping as well. It is definitely one of my favorites so far. It certainly lives up to its name. There is a wonderful blend of flavors with no overwhelming spicyness to it. Like pumpkin pie in my tea cup! This is a tea I will purchase again. I can’t wait to visit David’s when I go to NYC in August with my daughter! Yay!

CHAroma

I just visited the DAVIDsTEA store on Bleecker St in NYC, and the staff were sooooo nice! I definitely recommend that location! It was one of the highlights of my whole trip. :)

This just smells so delicious and it tastes like heaven. I really should have gotten more. There wasn’t much left when I picked it up, and I’d already picked out three other teas, so I only got 25 grams of this. Next year I think I’ll get the tin. This deserves a permanent tin.

The smell is nutmeg and pumpkin. It’s not overflowing cinnamon as some spiced teas can be. It smells like spiced pumpkin pie, and it’s not a fake taste when you sip it. The spices aren’t too strong, so I like it without milk. The spices aren’t overall strong enough to stand milk very well, if you make it the traditional chai way, I mean. Just have to make it stronger next time I do that.

ahhh yummy! getting into the Halloween spirit!

i compared this one side by side with last years blend (they added and subtracted some ingredients) and honestly, i couldn’t tell difference.
what joys! i was happily relieved.
another one of davids all-time stars, i think.
might just treat myself to the fancy tin this year ;)

Indigobloom

yeh they added artifical flavouring :(

Calla

I made the cupcake recipe… it was a hit with all of my friends and family. It was an easy to follow recipe and didn’t take all that much time to make. Definitely making these again.

I don’t know if “cute” is a word often used for a tea but it fits this one. Opening the bag, you see a dark tea with little fluorescent orange flecks. Upon closer inspection, you see that they are tiny pumpkins. Hence the “cute.” These worried me at first because I thought they might be candies that would make the tea too sweet but they didn’t.

The tea also smells great. It’s slightly spicy and vegetative with an underlying presence of classic tea fragrance.

Prepared, this tea smells like freshly baked gingerbread with a touch of yam. It wasn’t discernibly “pumpkin” but you could tell there was definitely something from the veggie aisle. The flavor was slightly astringent and there was a great finish to the cup with a lingering squash/pumpkin flavor. There wasn’t much of a classic chai taste but there was just enough spice to make this interesting.

This is one of my all time favourite teas – when it came back to the shelves of David’s Tea again this fall, I almost jumped for joy since my supply was getting to the ends (even though I was trying to ration it!)!!

This tea is so warm tasting and full and.. perfect. It’s like a warm hug on a cool fall day (not to sound too cheesy). I have to stop myself from drinking this one exclusively and give my other teas a chance!

I’m quite ambivalent about this one. I had the first cup straight (no milk, sugar, etc.) and found it thoroughly unremarkable at best. I tried adding rice milk to the second cup, which didn’t improve the taste. Nor did adding a dash of cinnamon to that cup. Finally, for the third cup, I tried it with a few crystals of brown rock sugar. That definitely brought out the flavor. So in the interest of giving this tea its best chance, I am only reviewing that third cup.

This is quite pumpkin-y and a bit creamy. The pumpkin creaminess hits you first, then the cinnamon comes in followed by the other spices. The aftertaste is definitely spicy pumpkin. The pumpkin flavor tastes pretty natural, not at all artificial. This isn’t terrible, but there’s something about the spice blend that just isn’t doing it for me. I’m in no hurry to have this again.

And the reason I just downed three cups of chai when it’s nearly midnight is that this is now a sipdown! Whoo! I got this from our Taste of France swap. I think it’s from teamore. Thanks for the taste!

FINALLY trying this one!! Woot! I persuaded my tea-curious coworker to come with me at lunch and we got lattes to go. I was so tempted to buy the tiny tin of this cause it’s soo cute

But I figured I should do the responsible thing and try it first (but then I bought another tea so I wasn’t that responsible after all).

This is a yummy treat! I like that the spices are present without being overwhelming, and the caramel adds a nice touch. I think it would be better steeped regularly or made on the stove; I think the latte they made in store was too milky and subdued the flavors. Now I’m regretting not buying the little tin so I could experiment!

Also, how cool would it be if they made those tiny tins in more flavors? Then you could stack em all and they would take up way less cupboard space…making room for more teas…on second thought, that could be a dangerous game!