Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Black Tea, Caramel, Carrot, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Natural And Artificial Flavouring
Cinnamon, Pumpkin, Spicy, Sweet, Spices, Butter, Carrot, Clove, Lemon Zest, Malt, Smoke, Caramel, Maple, Sugar, Vanilla, Apple, Honey, Citrus Zest, Cloves
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

From DAVIDsTEA

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, pumpkin pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

Ingredients: Black tea, cinnamon, cloves, lemon peel, squash, carrot, caramel bits, pumpkin candies.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

So, I move to the city & start university tomorrow and I am in a mild state of panic. I scan my tea shelf and immediately grab pumpkin chai upon seeing it…my ultimate comfort tea. I had been rationing my supply, but now that it’s finally back I can use what’s left and pick some up once it’s gone!

I make it double-strong, steep it for just under seven minutes, and add copious amounts of brown sugar & frothed milk, with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top. This tea is perfection. My one complaint is that it could definitely use a little bit more spice, being labelled as chai and all, but honestly just as it is it’s a little sip of heaven every time. THE BEST.

Looking forward to picking up some more, and sampling the other new autumn teas!

keychange

Oh, so do you make this with two heaping spoonfuls? Sounds like a girl after my own heart. I had this as a lat to go today and loved it, but I want it to be strong and intense!
Good luck with starting university—I promise it won’t be as bad as you think, although the anticipation is often so much more stressful than the actual experience. And remember: you’re stronger than you feel.

mewakeling

I am so looking forward to trying pumpkin chai!! My order is on its way to me as we speak! Can you also drink it straight with sweetener? I can’t have the dairy. Good luck with university! I had to move far from home for mine and it was terrifying but turned into one of the best experiences in my life!

thlowe

I’ve tried it straight with both agave & brown sugar (different occasions!) and both times were good. I would say I preferred the agave.

Yum! I destroyed this bag fast. So Good! Perfect for the weather we are having and the time of year.

Sad to use the last of my egg nog today, happy that it was in a Pumpkin Chai latte. ♥

Wonks

Awww :]… there’s always more next year!

aisling of tea

Oooooh, you just reminded me that I have an unopened carton of soynog my mother in law found for me….hrmmmm.

I walked into DavidsTea today planning on refilling a few tins and getting a new chai since I couldn’t get the chai smell out of the tin I used to have this tea in. Well, I cried a little inside when I saw that they had a canister of this left from fall! Yays! I think this is my favourite chai right now c: I only got 50g though because Spring will soon be upon us and I doubt I’ll be craving chai flavours for a long time….not till next Fall when they’ll probably bring this one back again :P Anyways, I really like this tea best as a latte and at all times of the day. Heck, I stay up till wee morning hours anyways, regardless of my caffeine levels…..so I’m gunna make this right now. BE JEALOUS >D

My boyfriend adores anything Pumpkin Spice flavoured, so I got him a tin of this as a gift. I also got a sample for myself, and although I don’t like pumpkin pie, I like this.

In the tin, the tea has a very strong, sweet smell. Once brewed, it mellows out nicely. The overall taste is very nice and cozy, and the warm spice was very welcome after a long, cold bus ride home. I’m impressed by how smooth it is while still tasting spicy.

ETA: This is now my most favourite tea. I’ve played around with how much to add and how long to steep, and it’s magnificent.

Why did I only pick up 35grams of this?! This is so delicious. It is creamy and almost rich in a way. It has just enough spice but it doesn’t overpower the pumpkin taste. I’m disappointed in myself that I tried this after it was already gone from the website! Must…get…more

Both steeps are delicious, but the 2nd is a little spicier and a bit less creamy.
2 tsp + sweetener in 16oz steeping mug

Finished this off last night! Just forgot to log it. Not really sure if I’ll miss it..

I might have to revisit my rating of Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake! I may have been a bit hard on it.

I haven’t had this one in awhile so my memory (of one of the first DavidsTea’s I fell in love with) may have been a little foggy and slightly rose coloured.

Don’t get me wrong, this tea is REALLY good. That being said, if I forget the fact that the word “Cheesecake” is in the name of the other aforementioned tea, I might like it more, possibly as much as this. I will have to try it again to compare, now that I’ve refreshed my memory of Pumpkin Chai.

All comparison aside, this tea is sweet, spicy but not overwhelmingly so (I’m NOT a fan of super spicy chai blends), and is still tasty with a bit of milk/cream and sugar (though you don’t need it, IMO).

It is not quite as thick bodied as you’d think, a bit watery…but probably steeping it longer would help.

I definitely recommend this one to people!

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I had a cup of Pumpkin Chai with a scoop of Pumpkin Pie ice cream on top. It was ridiculous!

The ice cream I bought was from President’s Choice.. http://pc.ca/en_CA/products/productlisting/pc_ice_cream_pumpkin_pieprod1330035.html So good. Creamy and delicious. Full of pumpkin flavor.

Well , for someone not being a big chai fan, I like this tea. And what I like most about it is the fact that it doesn’t have that distinct chai taste that I have come to dislike. When I first tried this tea, it was because it was the tea of the day sample and who can refuse a sample? Well I tried it and wasn’t completely sold. Then my cousin made a recipe from this tea and she said it was amazing. So I decided to buy a 50g bag of the tea just to try out the recipe. I made the cupcakes and they were amazing. Let’s fast forward a few weeks to Halloween day where I tried the chai again, but in drink form. It was Halloween and I was feeling spirited and decided to have a pumpkin chai latte. And it was yummy, been hooked ever since. I’m sad because the fall collection is no longer in stores, but I will for sure buy some online.