Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Lazey

From DAVIDsTEA

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, pumpkin pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

Ingredients: Black tea, cinnamon, cloves, lemon peel, squash, carrot, caramel bits, pumpkin candies.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I’ve never thought of tea as having an aesthetic, but this tea is so cute! The dry leaf has tiny orange pumpkins peppered throughout the leaves along with chunks of pumpkin meat. The liquor is a beautiful deep amber. And the smell…it smells like pumpkin pie filling with an underlying malty plume of smoke from the black tea. Much like a pumpkin pie brulee. I would gladly wear this as perfume. The smell of the brew is a mouthwatering caramel and creamy pumpkin, the spices take on a supporting role. The flavor is to die for, the liquor runs creamy and smooth across the palate tasting a bit sweet, molten caramel and pumpkin meld together dancing with the soft music of autumn spices. Enough of me waxing poetic. This tea is baller, yo! If this were a latte it would be nothing short of orgasmic.

This is a wonderful dessert tea. I added a little brown sugar, a splash of soy milk, and topped it off with a little whipped cream. I can see why this is so popular, especially in the fall. It’s perfect on a cool autumn evening. Definitely a repurchase!

canadianadia

mmmm…the whipped cream sounds like the perfect touch for this Fall tea

julesbean

It certainly is!

For me, nothing says Fall like a good apple croustade. You know what’s better than apple croustade? Apple croustade with Pumpkin Chai tea, of course!

Highly recommended!

I’ve never been a fan of pumpkin, chai or even black tea sooo you could ask why did i buy this one ? good question indeed first it smell really really good and we must sometime try new thing if not how would we find what we like or not ? im not really good at tasting all the different thing so i just note on the all package

I do taste cinnamon and some other flavor i can’t identify overall it’s good but don’t have a enough pronounced taste but that probably my own fault ( not enough steeping time and/or leaf ) as it’s getting colder the bitter taste of the black tea come out with strenght maybe trying it latte will be a better option for people like me who don’t like the bitter taste of black tea i will try it again that for sure with more leaf this time and drink it faster

I have tried a few “pumpkin” flavoured teas, all others have been lacking that actual pumpkin pie taste I have been after. Except this one. The pumpkin flavour & pumpkin pie spices emmerge beautifully here. It’s almost as satisfying as eating an actual slice of pumpkin pie (I would know, pumpkin pie is by far my fav dessert). Add a little bit of cream (which I never do with tea) & this tea tastes like you added whipped cream to your slice of pie! YUMMERS!

tigress_al

Excellent as a latte as well!

This tea smells like autumn. The combination of pumpkin, cinnamon and caramel resemble a pumpkin pie so closely that I’m getting a little nostalgic… Is it Halloween yet? This tea has adorable little orange-coloured candies floating among the tea leaves. I can’t help but smile, it just makes me so happy.

The tea steeps to a beautiful orange-brown, and the smell is still just as prominent. And drinking it? Amazing. I taste the spices first – cinnamon, cloves and everything else that makes both chai and pumpkin spice delicious. It’s pretty light for a chai, not as spicy as others I’ve encountered. Then, the taste of pumpkin lingers on your tongue. Even though there are candies in the tea, the taste is by no means fake. The pumpkin taste is as real as pumpkin can get; I’m impressed.

As per David’s Tea’s orders, I’ll try this with a bit of sugar and milk… Oh wow, this is even better! I added just a little milk and a touch of sugar, but the effect is extraordinary. Now, I really feel like I’m eating a pumpkin pie.

This tea is up there among my favourites. When I bought it, I was told that it was a seasonal tea, but creeping around on their website – I see that it’s not! I guess they changed their minds, and I am oh so glad they did. If you want a tea that’s a lot of pumpkin and a touch of chai, this is it. Pumpkin Chai seems like an appropriate tea to drink before heading out to a costume party. It’ll almost make you believe it’s Halloween.

This summer has been one for heat! We have had at least two heat waves, and I was starting to think that maybe there wasn’t an end in sight! But this morning I was struggling to wake up (which I do on a good day hahaha), and I realized it’s because it’s dark and rainy out! The heat has broken for at least today and been replaced with crazy amounts of rain! Maybe now my flowers will come back to life in the garden!
So I thought, what better day than today, to enjoy a favourite such as pumpkin chai! It is such a warm comforting tea to me.
This tea screams fall. It’s the perfect cup of tea to snuggle up with on a gloomy-looking day such as today. And although I have to work this morning, I brought some with me and I’m really enjoying the soothing comfort of this tea. It is delightful!

OK. I decided to give this a try again. My first impressions were that I couldn’t taste anything in the tea other than the black tea itself. Mind you though, I only got sips from my friends.

I gave it a go with a cup this time and realized that the pumpkin flavour pulls through really well! I wasn’t tasting black tea anymore, but fresh pumpkin! However, I think the ‘chai’ in its name is a little deceiving. There was no spice flavours that I could tell other than looking into the bag and smelling it. There were no spices tastes that would normally come in a chai. I think DT should’ve named this tea Pumpkin Pie instead of Pumpkin Chai.

Cattibrie

Throw a small amount of brown sugar into this tea and you might get some more Chai flavour out of it. But I really think it tastes like Pumpkin Pie in a mug. And I really enjoy it. Had it as a Latte today made with Vanilla Almond Milk. Soooooo good.

This at first when it is still hot had a sort of odd taste, I almost don not like but once it cools down a little then it taste great! You can actually taste pumpkin, it sort of taste like a spicy pumpkin pie. What I like about this Autumn tea over other Autumn teas is that the amount of cinnamon in the taste is very low where other ones would be quite high. I am not a big fan of cinnamon (too over powering).

Its smell is nostalgic for me, makes me think of my Nan making pumpkin pie. When it comes to the water temp, I stop the water as soon as the little bubbles start, an easy way to tell if you do not have thermometer. The steep time is 5 mins and if you make it go any longer I am not sure what becomes strong in flavor but it ruin the tea fast. It is a little more of a fussy tea than I usually like to work with but worth it’s work.

Uniquity

I still loathe the smell of that tea. The idea of it, even. Although I currently feel unwell from too much cloves in my winter chai and I am starting to worry about ever making it through my canister of cinnamon hearts (David’s Tea). Maybe it could be added in small quantities to other ones to spice them up a bit.

Uniquity

Also, I’m pretty certain you liked it most with a shorter steep time. 2 or 3 mins? What does the tin recommend?

Debus

The tin recommended 4 to 6 mins and I did it in 5. That seems to be the best.

Made a latte with this with vanilla almond milk and hazelnut agave. It.was.AMAZING.

Shmiracles

That SOUNDS amazing! One day soon I’m gonna have to fancy up a cup for myself. You’ve inspired me.