Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Black Tea, Caramel, Carrot, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Natural And Artificial Flavouring
Cinnamon, Clove, Pumpkin, Spices, Sugar, Sweet, Vanilla, Apple, Caramel, Carrot, Honey, Citrus Zest, Cloves
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

From DAVIDsTEA

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, pumpkin pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

Ingredients: Black tea, cinnamon, cloves, lemon peel, squash, carrot, caramel bits, pumpkin candies.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

It’s the first snow day of the season. Schools and govt are closing early. Even the local college! Looking out the window, I wouldn’t really call this a storm, though.. (HEY that rarely ever happened when I went to college! I remember trudging through heavy falling snow ON THE STREET because the snowbanks were too high to plow the sidewalk!)

Anyway. It’s my normal day off work, so the snow only affects my coffee date with a friend. I’m still in my jammies at 2pm with cats curled up around me, drinking a cup of this while I watch repeats of various Stargate shows.

I like this tea. Really like this tea. I don’t L.O.V.E. it like it seems most people do. It smells yummy and tastes yummy. It’s comforting and fairly perfect for fall. The pumpkin taste is perfect. The black tea base is great perfect. It does need a really long steep to get a solid flavour. I’m pretty forgetful so even THAT is perfect.

But I want more spice. Add more spice and this would be darn near 100.

Oh hey, a plow just went by! …maybe I should put on some pants and go make some snow angels..

Nah.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

This is the first tea I got from Davidstea a long time ago. It has a very unique flavour. The pumpkin is quite strong, but it’s still natural and there is a hint of spices. I would like it to taste a little more sweet but I haven’t got the chance to try it with agave. I think it would bring out a pumpkin pie flavour. I got a little tired of this tea after a while and gave it to a coworker.

I have been wanting to try this tea for months and finally got it in a swap. I am not disappointed. It tastes like pumpkin, really like pumpkin, not just like cinnamon and nutmeg like a lot of pumpkin teas. I had it with some brown sugar and some half&half.

I will need to order a couple ounces of this.

I LOVE this tea. You really get a lot of the pumpkin flavour, but with hints of vanilla and spice that are perfectly balanced. A HUGE thanks to LadyChai who gave a 100g tin of this tea to nerdswing and I, and as a result making lovers of this tea out of us. It’s absolutely delicious and sweet on its own. The only reason I didn’t rate it higher is because it doesn’t hold up well to additional steepings. Even the second steeping was not nearly as falvourful as the first, and the third was just hot water. But a delicious treat none-the-less, and I will definitely be keeping this tea in my cupboard consistently thanks to some (rubber) arm-twisting from the lovely LadyChai. :)

If you want a picture of what the autumn season is all about this is no doubt one of the places to start. The sweet deep flavor of pumpkin pie in a mug that is the best way of describing it. The spices and little pumpkin candies make this a very endearingly warm tea that begs to be savored slowly to get every nuance out of it. The scent itself is very alluring even to passerby’s who ask what the tea is. No matter the season this tea just fits perfectly for a “pick me up”.

The first word that comes to mind when I think of this tea is “disappointment”.

It isn’t BAD and it certainly isn’t the worst tea I’ve ever had, but it really fell flat when I tried it and didn’t live up to my expectations.

When I went to David’s to find a new tea to try, I thought I’d try a cup of the Pumpkin Chai, so I asked to smell it. When it was brought to me, I smelled it, and immediately told them to forget about the cup and to instead give me a 50g bag. It smelled AMAZING. It smelled sweet, spicy, warm, and it honestly made me feel like it was autumn all over again. The scent was just phenomenal, even better than I thought it would have been. I went home and I was so excited to try it. I wanted to see if it really was as amazing as I thought it was going to be.

It wasn’t. It really, REALLY wasn’t.

There was no spiciness, no pumpkin flavour, no nothing. All it tasted like was boring, bland, black tea. It was just… dull. It lacked all the flavours and sensations that the scent seemed to promise.

I tried it several more times, to see if maybe it was just a fluke, but nope. Each time it was the same, disappointing tea I had tried the first time.

All in all? If you like the taste of regular black tea, go for it. But if you try this tea and expect something phenomenal, prepare to be disappointed. I know I certainly was.

Oh my god, I’ve died and ascended to Fólkvangr and the goddess Freyja. Life is amazing. Life is beautiful. Life tastes exactly like pumpkins.

Very rich and flavorful with a taste that lingers on your tongue. I’ve yet to steep this just in steamed milk, as is how I often enjoy my chai, but prepared as a black tea with a bit of milk and honey added to it as you do, it’s still divine.

Mmmmmm…one of the great pleasures in life = a huge mug of pumpkin chai on a soggy Vancouver evening :-)

I’m on what feels like an eternal quest for the perfect chai. Ever since I had it made from scratch at a friend’s house a number of years ago, freshly ground spices and all, I haven’t been able to find something close to that wonderful taste. Along the way I do find real gems like this tea. With a bit of brown sugar and milk, Pumpkin Chai is a real winner in my books.

I love how the pumpkin is dominant. Too many flavoured chais that I’ve tried make it seem like the flavour was an afterthought. This is nicely spiced, although it would have been nice to have just a little “bite” to it. I normally steep this closer to the 6 minute mark, but today I was too impatient to get my relaxing time started.

Since I’m just discovering this now, it’s probably too late for me to get a tin to last me through the year. My chai search continues, but this will (hopefully) have a place on my tea shelf.

I’m really not a pumpkin lover… I think. I’ve never actually tried anything pumpkin before this tea – that’s right no pumpkin pies in this household… And before you get on my case, let me say I blame my parents and that (again) British upbringing where you stay with the tried and true and never sway from the norm… That being said, I am the adventurous one in my family – no boring every sunday is roast and potatoes, every monday is… well you know.

So skip forward in time to my introduction to David’s teas less than a month ago. I bought the fall sampler, got a whiff of this tea, tried a cup plain (no milk no sugar – ahhhh those ancestors love me for that), and liked it enough to by 100g. Then decided I really like it so bought another 100g on my last order…

Did I mention I’m not a pumpkin fan? So why do I LOVE this tea? The smell is amazing and the taste? Amazing too!

So tonight this not-a-pumpkin-lover freak made a Pumpkin Chai Latte and am in heaven. Definitely glad that I made the extra order before it went out of stock!

(For those curious made the tea with 1.5 tsp tea steeped in boiling water with a squirt or two of agave syrup added to steamed and frothy skim milk)

Oh my.
Oh my goodness.
I usually pre-amble before I taste the tea but didn’t in this case and I AM IN HEAVEN! (Which either means that I died quite recently or that I sipped the tea before typing.)
I accidentally added way too much sugar — which I’m kind of thinking may be ANY sugar — but hoooooly mackinaw, is this a tasty tea.
I’ve only tried it from the store before and it was too weak for me. I tend to throw in a lot more than the suggested tea. I likes it heavy.
It tastes like a liquid pumpkin bundt cake with that beautiful white cinnamon-bun-style icing drizzled heavily over the top. I couldn’t ask for more from this tea. Even the aftertaste is like a food.
Put a TBSP in a 16oz steep, added a tsp of sugar and a splash of nonfat milk. Next time, no sugar.

Outside: it is unseasonably hot. Like… CRAZY hot for Winnipeg. If you don’t know where Winnipeg is and have seen the movie Fargo, that’s pretty close. We had to turn the air conditioner back on yesterday because it was 83 degrees in our house and my daughter couldn’t sleep. Unfortunately it’s paired with a wind so sharp that it makes even kite-flying impossible. Oh well.
Listening to: Lonely Island with Michael Bolton singing Jack Sparrow. Whoooole load of swears in this song, so like heads-up. (As if you haven’t heard it already.)

Amariel

“The tea itself smells so sexy that even though I’m currently pregnant (and drinking a black tea, DON’T JUDGE ME), I think I might be having twins now. I want to grab a handful and shove it in my mouth like a snack mix. Crunch, crunch, crunch.”

Ha ha ha!