Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Lazey

From DAVIDsTEA

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, pumpkin pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

Ingredients: Black tea, cinnamon, cloves, lemon peel, squash, carrot, caramel bits, pumpkin candies.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Drinking Pumpkin Chai this morning, you know, to make room for fresh pumpkin chai when the Fall Collection is released.

caile

I am really looking forward to trying this!

Lala

You know you are addicted to tea when…

Stephanie

I need to get some fall flavored teas soon!

Cavocorax

I was gonna say -HOW DID YOU GET IT EARLY???
Now I know. :P

Awkward Soul

hahaha, this pumpkin chai is probably over a year old! I stocked up before it left for the season.

Cavocorax

You must have! I think I stocked up on 50g, but then I drank it all quite quickly anyway. :P I don’t mind though. I didn’t really miss it during the summer, and even if it’s an artificial thing I like having soemthing to look forward to! I’m housebound now, packing and cleaning before we move, so I am using Wednesday as an excuse to get me out to the mall (to buy supplies AND to look at the new Fall Stuff. m a sucker for marketing things.

mrmopar

Yep the pumpkin is always at our home . Never to run out as the “better” half likes it!

Its my mothers birthday today, and in celebration, I am drinking all the pumpkin teas I own, as pumpkin is her favorite flavor. So much so that we always have pumpkin pie for the celebrations, instead of birthday cake!
The reviews of this were facinating, and all over the board. I could expect anything from an overhyped weak tea, to a tea that was the greatest phenomenon ever and might very well do my dishes for me.
What I’ve experienced is somewhere bewteen these extremes. I like it! I find it just a touch more chai-y than pumpkin-y, but its a tea that warms and reminds me very much of autumn. This isnt an active adoration tea, where every sip is a swoon. This is a passive enjoyment tea, where I dont have to pay too much attention to it, but I enjoy it all.
Yay pumpkin!

Fjellrev

She’s born during the perfect time of year to have her favourite flavour as her birthday dessert!

Rosehips

It is rather lucky, isnt it?

Well folks, after half a year of living together it finally happened; Tre saw me naked.

I just got home from work, and thought he was sleeping so I decided to strip down in the laundry room and change into some fresh clothing from the dryer. This is something I never do, so it’s one of those “The one time I was naked and not in my room…” type scenarios – my work clothing was just so uncomfortable and sweaty from doing stock all day! Our laundry room is right between the living room/his room and the washroom, and it has no door – so he got up to pee and well, the rest is the rest.

It’s awkward and I felt my Steepster family should share in the awkwardness. It was bound to happen eventually though, I guess…

Anyway, this tea! I made it in a timolino with lots of milk, and then drank it on break. Man was it good! The pumpkin was extra creamy and thick (probably because of the milk) and the sometimes hidden caramel notes were really present too (definitely because of the milk). Mmm!

You should all be jelly.

Veronica

Lol. I’m sorry that happened to you, but I have to admit reading that made me giggle. It’s one of those made-for-a-sitcom moments. :)

Suziqzer

Sorry to hear about your awkward moment… Although like Veronica, You made me laugh. I love how you share crazy little details of your life. I hope the awkwardness wears away quickly!

keychange

Omg! I thought you were going to be like “well folks, the inevitable happened. Tree and I hooked up!”

Courtney

I totally thought that too keychange! Yeah when I first moved to AB, I lived with J plus his roommates – 2 other guys. Yes, they saw me naked. It’s bound to happen.

Finished off the last of this one yesterday. Pretty good, although I found myself longing a bit for the pumpkin-pie-ness of Della Terra’s Grandma’s Pumpkin Pie. Sigh. I had meant to pick some of this chai up the other day, but it slipped my mind. If it’s still there next time I’m at the store, I think I’ll get 25g as it is rather tasty, but it’s no huge loss if I don’t!

Babble

There wasn’t a whole lot of pumpkin-y in this. It wasn’t bad though. Did you brew it in milk?

Kittenna

No, it wasn’t super pumpkiny. I also didn’t have quite enough tea for the thermos, so it was a little weak. I actually am lame and although I keep meaning to, I’ve only ever tried some chais and matcha as tea lattes! (Oh, and earl grey I suppose). I keep hearing how this tea and other pumpkin spice teas make great lattes….

Babble

They’re very nice but a lot of work. Lol. I only make them on occasion.

Kittenna

Well if we’re talking the lattes that require frothing and whatnot, I’ve never made one! I just add milk (or brew in milk) and add sugar or whatever sweetener I’m using.

Babble

When I made pumpkin chai, I actuallly boiled milk and tea in a pan and strained it. Lovely, buuut a lot of work. Then again, I’m not really a fan of cooking either. It’s worth doing once or twice with chaise, but I don’t think it needs to be done every time.

Adding milk and sugar after I brew is more my style, if I add any at all.

I see peoe making matcha smoothies, too, and I’m like “eh… too much work”

*people

Babble

LOL and I meant to say “it’s worth doing once with chai’s”. Dang autocorrect.

Found I had one more serving of this in my cupboard so brewed it up nice and strong with some cream and a dash of maple sugar. Very tasty and full of sweet cinnamon and pumpkin flavor.
I enjoyed this and would probably purchase some again if it comes back.

Nightshifter

Me too! I wish it was back already. :)

caile

haha yes, it was better than I remembered. The last bit I got had lots of flavor!

Another tea from the David’s Tea fall collection…

I was looking forward to trying this one and this morning we are fogged in again in S.F., so this seemed like a sweet and cosy thing to try this morning.

This was steeped for 5 minutes and got some soymilk thrown in. It’s a bit sweeter than I thought it would be, but I like it pretty well. It has a nice pumpkin flavor and the cardamom is definitely shining through, which I love. There is a slight touch of clove but nothing too overwhelming. Pretty good but I admit I am partial to the Grandma’s Pumpkin Pie by Della Terra. :)

My tea escapades have been pretty minimal lately, and are not anything to write home about. Peppermint and chamomile- that about sums it up. This is the first caffeine-filled “tea” I’ve had all week. It’s a landmark.

I think I may want a chai with a bigger spice kick in the future. There’s a lot of citrus peel and caramel present today, the former of which is burdened with highlighting the sharp, tangy qualities of the other “spices” and ingredients.

Part of me wonders how this would taste if it had a dash of nutmeg, cardamon, and ginger in it (I swear at least some of those ingredients were present in past years). Eh. I guess I can play around with the spice level myself.

Note to self: maybe only stick with one of either brown sugar or sweetened condensed milk. 1-2 tablespoons of each is almost too sweet and rich (very pie-like).

Cavocorax

It totally seems like it should have nutmeg, cardamom etc in it $

CrowKettle

It does! My tin from 2011 lists cardamom as an original ingredient; I wonder why they decided to exclude it this year.

Cavocorax

Huh. Strange! Well, that’s good in a way? Maybe I’m not crazy for finding it flatter this year. :P

MMMMMM!
Thank goodness for Pumpkin Chai for late night studying. I’ve been lacking on my notes due to school craziness…. Oh how I would love to sit and do some serious reviews of tea right now! Soon my friends, soon.
This tea is as good as I remembered it. Sweet pumpkin pie covered in whipping cream. OH goodness I’ve missed you! Lovely pumpkin taste (not artificial in the slightest) with a very well balanced sweet/spice to ensure you melt. This Thanksgiving I will be drinking Pumpkin Chai instead of making my stomach hurt with a slice of pumpkin pie (that doesn’t ever taste as good as I think it should anyway… possibly because I don’t have time to bake a pie, and my mom has never baked before… AKA it’s store bought garbage).
Oh.. by the way.. I’m drinking this with nothin’ added. Maybe someday I should make a latte out of it. hmmm…

Fjellrev

Oh yeah, bought pumpkin pie is a scam. I feel sorry for the people who have only ever tried it from the store, or even a restaurant. Blech.

Even though I’m only halfway through my 50g pouch, the new Pumpkin Chai tin that just came out is enticing. This one is such a winner.

Lynne-tea

Hahah such a scam! I agree. It’s garbage. I still don’t know why my mom buys it. Perhaps its because she thinks its traditional to have pumpkin pie (plus.. I think she likes it in some gross way…blech is right!)
I completely agree with you on the new tins. Thankfully I just got 100g with a free tin so I’m not so needy of the new pumpkin tin…but.. I really want to try the Red Velvet Cupcake tea >.<
Oh my word I’m a sucker for advertising/neat packaging!

Kittenna

M&M’s pumpkin pie isn’t too bad, but homemade with fresh pumpkin is way better!

Hmmmm. Yes, it is a chai kind of day. So I am onto another pot of this. I guess in comparison to regular chai, it seems kind of bland. However, it is creamy and pumkiny and very good. It is more of a spiced pumpkin tea than a chai in my book, but if the chai spices were much stronger they would overpower the pumpkin flavor. This time I added a smaller amount of half & half and it works so much better.

OK, this tea has definitely found a home with me. This is one I could marathon like comfort tea – in fact in the second cup I added brown sugar and milk as recommended and YUMMM. But even without, this is like a beautiful tea version of pumpkin pie. I like it both ways, but it’s really decadent with things added. OM NOM NOM NOM.

It really does taste like pumpkin. You can really smell the squash!

Cavocorax

YES! :O I was hoping you would like it! I didn’t get the big deal the first time, but I fell in love with it on my second cup. I’ll have to buy a new tin of it in the fall (unless I do an online order – I can get it sooner).

Yeeeeah, I’m pretty sure I’ll be buying this online ASAP. ;D

Ozli

Gonna wait til after xmas when I get my sweet flavoured DT sampler, though >___> JUST IN CASE ;) ;)

Cavocorax

>__> OF COURSE. :P Man it’d be nice if they had a boxing week sale too, but it doesn’t seem like they do that sorta thing. :|

I bought myself 30g of Glitter and Gold as my xmas present though! That, and a giant Perfect Mug. It’s not online anymore, but the design I picked matches this tea pot: http://www.davidstea.com/bubble-teapot-45-oz-forest?&TF=8215E1C9208C&DEID=

Ozli

Pretty…. oh man I don’thave exclamation marks on my busted keyboard…. this is really affecting the way I write… IMAGINE ENTHUSIASM HERE D:

Cavocorax

Haha. Who wears out their exclamation mark keys???? YOU DO. >__> No wait, if it was just worn out, your caps lock button wouldn’t work either. :P

Ozli

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe. I’m really missing my parentheses, too. /o\ But! I have an exclamation mark in my clipboard so it’s my permanent command-v right now….! :P

…..I really hope it comes back, though .___.