Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Black Tea, Caramel, Carrot, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Pumpkin Pieces
Cinnamon, Cloves, Creamy, Nutmeg, Pumpkin, Pastries, Caramel, Smoke, Spices, Artificial, Butternut Squash, Clove, Smooth, Sweet, Ginger, Molasses, Candy, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Vanilla, Brown Sugar, Bergamot, Carrot, Tea, Cardboard, Spicy, Butter, Lemon Zest, Malt, Maple, Sugar, Orange Zest, Apple, Honey, Citrus Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

Celebrate the harvest

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, squash pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Yummy but don’t over steep or this will get bitter. When it’s cold outside or you’ve had a bad day this is joy in a cup. So warm and full of the scents of holiday baking and pumpkin pie. Add whipped cream or milk. Use maple syrup or maple agave. This is really good to share with grandkids.

Maybe I’m just the harshest pumpkin critic of all time but… it needs more pumpkin! I could taste it, but it wasn’t enough to get me onto the tea 100%. Overall, combined with the spices it had a definite pumpkin pie flavour.
Maybe it was the black tea, or maybe it was because I was drinking it from one of those crumby paper cups from Davids Tea, but I’m not sure if I can really fall in love with this one quite yet.

This is such a good tea. I will have to get some more before they run out. Make it and sit and relax. I think this is still my fav, just bought some more today before they ran out!

Love this tea!!! I have even tried making the latte which was yummy too!!

I love fall and the many flavors that go with it. This pumpkin chai is no exception! Upon first opening the package, you smell the sweet, rich, depth of the caramel infused leaves and the warmth of the cloves and cardamom. As a special treat, I used steamed milk and added a small pinch of brown sugar (as the package suggests). I would describe this tea as mellow, and sweet when steeped. It’s considerably smooth on the way down, and warms the depth of my very being — Perfect on a fall day. I would not say the spices are very prominent, but they add a slight complexity to this otherwise sweet tea. Best consumed on a cold day after dinner.

I only had a sip in-store, but another exhibit of how DavidsTea consistently screws up chai. Every chai I’ve had from them is frantic with the flavours fighting each other… The vanilla chai is the only one I could consistently drink. It looks like I’m in the minority on this pumpkin one though. I’ll stick to the incredible masala chai my parents buy from the grocery store.

Eh? I wanted to like this so bad. I’ve heard so many people rave about it for such a long time. There’s no spices at all and there’s merely a pumpkin flavour neither. The chocolate chili chai and the coco chai are much better chais from DT!

This one basically begs to be tried as a latte so I had to give it a go. I found that it really brought out the feeling of eating pumpkin pie (and the milk kind of gave it a covered in whipped cream vibe that I doubt anyone would complain about). This would make for a great after dinner drink on Thanksgiving.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Nutmeg, Pastries, Pumpkin

Oh my flying spaghetti monster in the sky! This tea…this tea…is nearly the best tea I’ve ever had. By far, it’s the best chai.

I taste pumpkin, and spices and caramel. It’s smooth, and not over powering. I can’t wait to try it as a latte with soy milk!!

I sampled it in store yesterday, and got a cup to go, and a 28g bag. Then as I sat in the food court of the mall texting a co-worker/friend who had had a bad week and is also a tea lover, I decided to run back and get a small bag for her. I took it into work last night and she also fell in love!

The hype is real.

Flavors: Caramel, Pumpkin, Smoke, Spices

I miss this one- how I wish I could drink black tea! :(

Oh, how I long for a pumpkin-flavored black tea that isn’t overly spiced. I’m kicking myself for missing out on some of these delicious pumpkin blends from Butiki I keep reading about whilst researching pumpkin tea options. If anyone has recommendations let me know.

I tried a sample of this a few months ago as a latte and enjoyed it. I then discovered that I still had my unopened 25 gram bag from the fall 2012 collection. I prefer that blend (the one with the squash) to the newer version. I’ll repurchase it (and stock up on it) when it’s re-released this fall because it’ll probably wind up being my replacement for PSL from Starbucks since I’m really limiting my coffee these days. I also really enjoy pumpkin protein shakes/smoothies in the fall, and Pumpkin Chai steeped in non-dairy milk would probably make a killer base.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Pumpkin

I actually like Celestial Seasonings Black Pumpkin tea that comes out around the fall time. It takes great with some almond milk.

Thanks for the recommendation Nichole! That’s bagged, right? I’ll keep an eye out for it.

Yes. If you can’t find it let me know. I have a couple boxes of it left.

Is it the Sweet Harvest Pumpkin (http://www.celestialseasonings.com/products/holiday-teas/sweet-harvest-pumpkin)? I’m pretty sure I’ve seen it in stores before.

Yep! That is it. I couldn’t remember its exact name. I just remembered the dude on the tractor. :)

LOL! I’ll keep my eyes peeled. I’m sure I’ll see it again this year. :)