Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Black Tea, Caramel, Carrot, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Natural And Artificial Flavouring
Cinnamon, Pumpkin, Spices, Butter, Carrot, Clove, Lemon Zest, Malt, Smoke, Caramel, Maple, Sugar, Sweet, Vanilla, Apple, Honey, Citrus Zest, Cloves
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

From DAVIDsTEA

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, pumpkin pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

Ingredients: Black tea, cinnamon, cloves, lemon peel, squash, carrot, caramel bits, pumpkin candies.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Yummy but don’t over steep or this will get bitter. When it’s cold outside or you’ve had a bad day this is joy in a cup. So warm and full of the scents of holiday baking and pumpkin pie. Add whipped cream or milk. Use maple syrup or maple agave. This is really good to share with grandkids.

Maybe I’m just the harshest pumpkin critic of all time but… it needs more pumpkin! I could taste it, but it wasn’t enough to get me onto the tea 100%. Overall, combined with the spices it had a definite pumpkin pie flavour.
Maybe it was the black tea, or maybe it was because I was drinking it from one of those crumby paper cups from Davids Tea, but I’m not sure if I can really fall in love with this one quite yet.

This is such a good tea. I will have to get some more before they run out. Make it and sit and relax. I think this is still my fav, just bought some more today before they ran out!

Love this tea!!! I have even tried making the latte which was yummy too!!

I love fall and the many flavors that go with it. This pumpkin chai is no exception! Upon first opening the package, you smell the sweet, rich, depth of the caramel infused leaves and the warmth of the cloves and cardamom. As a special treat, I used steamed milk and added a small pinch of brown sugar (as the package suggests). I would describe this tea as mellow, and sweet when steeped. It’s considerably smooth on the way down, and warms the depth of my very being — Perfect on a fall day. I would not say the spices are very prominent, but they add a slight complexity to this otherwise sweet tea. Best consumed on a cold day after dinner.

So good! My new favorite tea of all time, which makes me sad that it’s only available seasonally. I’ve been drinking this every morning as a super strong latte with almond milk, and it’s really helped me with the transition of switching from coffee to tea. I’ve missed my pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks, but this tea is ten times better.

Truly tastes pumpkin-y, which is delicious. I wish it had a teensy bit more cinnamon flavor to it, but I’ve always been someone who loves the strong cinnamon flavor. I kick it up a notch by adding some of my own to the top of my latte. Amaaaaaaazing.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Pumpkin, Spices

7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

It’s a rainy day here in the desert! Still eighty degrees out, but it seemed like a good time to have my first cup of Pumpkin Chai for fall. I’ve been enjoying this tea for a few years; I try to save it for cozy autumn days, since I don’t have a lot left in my cupboard. Like everyone else says, it’s a tasty black tea, with lots of sweet caramel and pumpkin flavors. And it smells delicious, of course!

Enjoyed today’s cup with just a touch of honey. I don’t use sweeteners very often, but this blend is an exception. I find a little honey complements the caramel aroma, and highlights the sweet pumpkin notes.

It’s 10° out this morning, which always feels delightful in April, but it’s cold and shivery in September! Planning on a lot of tea to warm me up, so I timed my steep in order to have enough oomph left in the leaves for another round. I’m using the Nordic Mug today, so that’ll be a litre of tea! Nice!

Anyway, steeped for a bit less time this tea has a touch of apple to it somewhere in there. Still loads of cinnamon and clove – could just be putting me in mind of mulled cider…hmm. Also still presents pumpkin, caramel, and lemon, with some buttery taste in there. I’m not noticing as much smokiness. As well, I took a good inhale of the dry leaf first, this time, and it smells of butterscotch, spice, and malt.

I’m happy I went with this one today. Got envious remarks from co-workers again, too, haha. (I’m not a jerk and did offer to share)

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 3 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

Roswell Strange was kind enough to get 20g of each of the fall teas I wanted to try and mail them to me. Thanks, dear! This one smelled amazing so I had to try it. The tea itself consists of very small black tea leaves with pumpkin-shaped sprinkles and a few pieces of cinnamon bark and dehydrated pumpkin mixed in. It smells delicious, like pumpkin pie filling combined with cinnamon candies and buttery caramels. I actually made this twice…

The first time, I did the suggested 1.25 teaspoons (probably closer to 1.5) for 4 minutes at 200 degrees. Brewed aroma was strong cinnamon candy with pumpkin and caramel undertones. And it basically tasted like weak cinnamon water. Blegh.

Second try, I did 2 teaspoons and steeped it for 5 minutes at the same temperature. And it basically still tastes like weak cinnamon water with a little bit of clove and maybe the teensiest hint of pumpkin if I squint my eyes and really look for it?

Overall, this tea is super disappointing to me… I could steep it longer I guess, but I don’t see that improving the flavor much and it’s already starting to almost get bitter at 5 minutes.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Clove

Sarsonator

Aaaawww :(

Cameron B.

I’m really shocked, there are people who rated this at 100… I have more, so I’ll definitely try the stovetop method to see if that improves it. :/

Roswell Strange

So when I make this one, I overleaf and usually add milk to it. Sometimes I’ll do honey if I have any on hand – I’ve found it’s a bit better that way. I bought a gratuitous amount of this last year (100g) only to realize I am not a Chai fan; so I’m still working through most of that :P

Tamarindel

From what I’ve heard, the whole fall collection has been a bit disappointing.

sherapop

I honestly don’t the whole pumpkin drink thing. Who would want to d t ink pumpkin? Why is this such a ubiquitous fad???

Missing word: understand

sherapop

Drink pumpkin. I give up on this Kin f2f level! (Kindle)

Tealizzy

I like this one with a splash of milk and some brown sugar, or stovetop method is good. Definitely overleaf. Good luck!

boychik

More leaf+cond milk or maple syrup n milk

Mm, I’m glad this one has returned. It’s a very nice, autumny cuppa. It smells very sweet but is actually pretty dry. I added some milk and sugar, which really brings out the flavours. Lots of cinnamon, caramel, clove. A bit malty, hints of pumpkin, though it doesn’t stand out on its own, but makes this taste different from other chais.

Next cup I think I will brew longer with more tea. This cup is tasting fairly light and I do like my chai strong and thick.

Flavors: Caramel, Cinnamon, Clove, Malt, Pumpkin