Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Black Tea, Caramel, Carrot, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Natural And Artificial Flavouring
Caramel, Carrot, Cinnamon, Clove, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Nutmeg, Pumpkin, Ginger, Spices, Tea, Cardboard, Creamy, Spicy, Sweet, Butter, Lemon Zest, Malt, Smoke, Maple, Sugar, Vanilla, Apple, Honey, Citrus Zest, Cloves
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

From DAVIDsTEA

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, pumpkin pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

Ingredients: Black tea, cinnamon, cloves, lemon peel, squash, carrot, caramel bits, pumpkin candies.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Yummy but don’t over steep or this will get bitter. When it’s cold outside or you’ve had a bad day this is joy in a cup. So warm and full of the scents of holiday baking and pumpkin pie. Add whipped cream or milk. Use maple syrup or maple agave. This is really good to share with grandkids.

Maybe I’m just the harshest pumpkin critic of all time but… it needs more pumpkin! I could taste it, but it wasn’t enough to get me onto the tea 100%. Overall, combined with the spices it had a definite pumpkin pie flavour.
Maybe it was the black tea, or maybe it was because I was drinking it from one of those crumby paper cups from Davids Tea, but I’m not sure if I can really fall in love with this one quite yet.

This is such a good tea. I will have to get some more before they run out. Make it and sit and relax. I think this is still my fav, just bought some more today before they ran out!

Love this tea!!! I have even tried making the latte which was yummy too!!

I love fall and the many flavors that go with it. This pumpkin chai is no exception! Upon first opening the package, you smell the sweet, rich, depth of the caramel infused leaves and the warmth of the cloves and cardamom. As a special treat, I used steamed milk and added a small pinch of brown sugar (as the package suggests). I would describe this tea as mellow, and sweet when steeped. It’s considerably smooth on the way down, and warms the depth of my very being — Perfect on a fall day. I would not say the spices are very prominent, but they add a slight complexity to this otherwise sweet tea. Best consumed on a cold day after dinner.

Thank you CHAroma for sending a sample of this a while back! A few days ago I was planning on this tea for Halloween. Hope everyone had a great Halloween! I was sipping on 52Teas Candy Corn today too. (No actual bag of candy corn is in my possession this year! HOW?) Even though the black tea leaves here look on the smaller size, the brewed mug is very light. The pumpkin sprinkles are adorable. I love the squash/carrot gives the blend SOME sort of vegetation (though they seemed to be lacking in my infuser) but why don’t pumpkin teas actually have pumpkin? It seems like even one pumpkin would be enough ingredients for a LOT of tea. The flavor here only had hints of squash. I wouldn’t say this is a typical chai… it isn’t very spicy (mostly cinnamon). But it’s a nice one. Reminds me of Della Terra’s Pumpkin Pie.
Steep #1 // 1 tsp // just boiled // 4 min
Steep #2 // just boiled // 4 min

The tea smells amazing: like spicy pumpkin pie. It didn’t taste right until I added some sugar and milk, and then it tasted pretty good, but I keep getting a weird aftertaste. I think I’ll have to try this one again – maybe I’ll simmer it on the stove with milk and water like the David’s people suggest. In the meantime I might keep the bag next to me and just smell it from time to time. :)

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Such a winner, this one. Exactly what comes to mind when you want a warming, seasonal tea for the fall. Perfectly yummy, I don’t see myself ever getting tired of it (well, maybe I will once spring comes around again, but that’s far off now). Love this tea!

Flavors: Caramel, Carrot, Cinnamon, Clove, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Nutmeg, Pumpkin

Boiling 7 min, 45 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Oh, Pumpkin Chai, how I love you. I picked up a new tin for the season at my local David’s last night and I’m currently drinking my first cup. I love pulling this one out every year for the perfect fall treat. The cinnamon and clove notes are a little stronger than I remember, but not to the point of being overpowering. Currently enjoying this cup in the new ‘Spooky Colour Changing Perfect Mug’ from David’s. Feeling very festive today!

The perfect fall tea to have as we walked around the fall festival today in Virginia. A sweet pumpkin flavor that mixed perfectly with the black tea, and just a hint of spice to make it exciting.

Flavors: Caramel, Ginger, Pumpkin, Spices, Tea