Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Lazey

From DAVIDsTEA

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, pumpkin pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

Ingredients: Black tea, cinnamon, cloves, lemon peel, squash, carrot, caramel bits, pumpkin candies.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Yummy but don’t over steep or this will get bitter. When it’s cold outside or you’ve had a bad day this is joy in a cup. So warm and full of the scents of holiday baking and pumpkin pie. Add whipped cream or milk. Use maple syrup or maple agave. This is really good to share with grandkids.

Maybe I’m just the harshest pumpkin critic of all time but… it needs more pumpkin! I could taste it, but it wasn’t enough to get me onto the tea 100%. Overall, combined with the spices it had a definite pumpkin pie flavour.
Maybe it was the black tea, or maybe it was because I was drinking it from one of those crumby paper cups from Davids Tea, but I’m not sure if I can really fall in love with this one quite yet.

This is such a good tea. I will have to get some more before they run out. Make it and sit and relax. I think this is still my fav, just bought some more today before they ran out!

Love this tea!!! I have even tried making the latte which was yummy too!!

I love fall and the many flavors that go with it. This pumpkin chai is no exception! Upon first opening the package, you smell the sweet, rich, depth of the caramel infused leaves and the warmth of the cloves and cardamom. As a special treat, I used steamed milk and added a small pinch of brown sugar (as the package suggests). I would describe this tea as mellow, and sweet when steeped. It’s considerably smooth on the way down, and warms the depth of my very being — Perfect on a fall day. I would not say the spices are very prominent, but they add a slight complexity to this otherwise sweet tea. Best consumed on a cold day after dinner.

I don’t know why I felt like having this so bad, but it did not disappoint: the spices are just right and there is a wonderful rich brown sugar note at the end of each sip. I haven’t really had time to drink much tea lately whimper but soon things at work will calm down and I’ll be able to focus on things like having a life. :(

I had a bit of a rambunctious kinda day, lots of energy and spunk. I believe it was a combination of having a really good day of hanging out with friends and gaming yesterday and the promise of storms today. Also I found out that there is a massive hurricane out in the Pacific Ocean that has my name, I have been waiting for a Hurricane Amanda pretty much my whole life. I really hope that either its path or the tropical upheaval brings lots of rain to the Midwest so that the drought conditions lessen even more. That would please me immensely.

Well, I did it again, I forgot that seasonal teas are in fact seasonal and have missed the season to write the review for this tea. Oops, I promise that in the future when I get a seasonal tea I will not just write about it in my tea notebook, but will blog about it immediately. Pumpkin Chai from DAVIDsTEA was part of their 2013 Fall Collection and is a blend of Black Tea, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Squash, Carrots, Caramel Bits, and Pumpkin Candies. This tea really caught my eye when I saw that it was not only pumpkin spice themed, but also has squash bits! The aroma of this tea is very sweet and creamy with extremely strong spices. The cinnamon and cloves really overpower the rest of the aromas, but there is a faint hint of malt, pumpkin, and caramel under the potent spices.

As this tea sits and steeps, the delicious aroma of pumpkin and spices float out of the cup and around the room. The aroma is a blend of earthiness with much milder spices, and squash. Specifically the aroma of acorn squash and pumpkin bread. The aroma of the wet leaves makes me rather hungry for one of my favorite bread types. The liquid without the leaves is rather sweetly spiced with notes of creamy caramel and squash.

The initial impact of the taste is a tingly and numb feeling from the spices, it is a little overwhelming, but it quickly fades to mellow sweetness and spices. Adding cream and sugar (this is a chai after all) dampens the overwhelming spices, and now there is a rich caramel taste and strong squash notes. I still think that the spices are too strong, so much so that a few minutes after starting to sip this tea I started getting red in the face and breaking out in hives…sometimes that happens to me when I have too much cinnamon. I was really happy that this tea tasted like squash, but the abundance of spices really made this tea not a favorite.

For blog, photos, and a nice crafty tutorial: http://ramblingbutterflythoughts.blogspot.com/2014/05/davidstea-pumpkin-chai-tea-review.html

This is one of my favourite Chai teas, I think I would enjoy it more if it had more pumpkin flavouring. One of the teas that makes me feel cozy and warm on rainy days. Does taste very good with a splash of fireball in it!

So good. Wish I’d bought more of this when I had the chance. Doesn’t taste like the fake pumpkin flavor that’s so prevalent in the fall, it’s a good balance and very doable.

Another backlog from ages ago.

I was hoping this one would taste like pumpkin pie. The reviews raved about how pumpkiny and delicious it was. I, however, never really got pumpkin from this tea. I tried it plain, with sugar, with brown sugar, with milk, as a latte with cinnamon and every combination of those options. It was good, but flat, not the punch of pumpkiny sweetness the reviews promised.

Not a bad tea, but not one I’ll be reordering. :-/