Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Black Tea, Caramel, Carrot, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Natural And Artificial Flavouring
Cinnamon, Pumpkin, Spicy, Sweet, Spices, Butter, Carrot, Clove, Lemon Zest, Malt, Smoke, Caramel, Maple, Sugar, Vanilla, Apple, Honey, Citrus Zest, Cloves
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

From DAVIDsTEA

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, pumpkin pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

Ingredients: Black tea, cinnamon, cloves, lemon peel, squash, carrot, caramel bits, pumpkin candies.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Yummy but don’t over steep or this will get bitter. When it’s cold outside or you’ve had a bad day this is joy in a cup. So warm and full of the scents of holiday baking and pumpkin pie. Add whipped cream or milk. Use maple syrup or maple agave. This is really good to share with grandkids.

Maybe I’m just the harshest pumpkin critic of all time but… it needs more pumpkin! I could taste it, but it wasn’t enough to get me onto the tea 100%. Overall, combined with the spices it had a definite pumpkin pie flavour.
Maybe it was the black tea, or maybe it was because I was drinking it from one of those crumby paper cups from Davids Tea, but I’m not sure if I can really fall in love with this one quite yet.

This is such a good tea. I will have to get some more before they run out. Make it and sit and relax. I think this is still my fav, just bought some more today before they ran out!

Love this tea!!! I have even tried making the latte which was yummy too!!

I love fall and the many flavors that go with it. This pumpkin chai is no exception! Upon first opening the package, you smell the sweet, rich, depth of the caramel infused leaves and the warmth of the cloves and cardamom. As a special treat, I used steamed milk and added a small pinch of brown sugar (as the package suggests). I would describe this tea as mellow, and sweet when steeped. It’s considerably smooth on the way down, and warms the depth of my very being — Perfect on a fall day. I would not say the spices are very prominent, but they add a slight complexity to this otherwise sweet tea. Best consumed on a cold day after dinner.

As per my usual fall ritual, I head down to my local DAVIDsTEA to pick up some more of this. Tastes pumpkin-y (is that a word?), warm, sweet,and spicy. Like autumn exploded in your mouth. Probably one of their best teas.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Pumpkin, Spicy, Sweet

Okay-quick note!
This morning I woke up in tons of pain and couldn’t go back to sleep. Which kinda seems like an awful morning in a way since I didn’t wanna wake up so early on a day I could sleep in.
BUT!
It was freezing in my room this morning! And when I looked outside-much to my surprise it was cloudy and chilly!
I seized my opportunity to drink chai while it was cold out.
So I made this! ^^
On my second cup and it has been perfect for a chilly morning.
But now the sun is coming out again. >> Stupid SoCal…
Gonna take some pain killers and make a new tea. But this chai start of the morning was really nice. (:
It’s really nice to try and make the best of a seemingly bad start of the morning. Tea always helps! Thanks again, boychik! :D

Anlina

Feel better soon!

Ost

Thank you (: Pain killers helping now so I am! (:

TeaBrat

sorry that stinks… feel better soon :)

The Cookie Lady

Days like these (the weather part—not the pain part) sure are nice in California :) I did the same as you when it was suddenly cooling off so much last night! Glad you were able to keep the pain under control!

It smells wonderful, my first thought was that I wanted a candle that smells like this before realizing they sell one :) I’m so disappointed in this though, all I get is flavored water not even sure what flavor. I wish I knew what to do with it to make it better, so many people love this tea.

I have a small pumpkin addiction, I bought so much pumpkin spice items last year I was sick of it by the time Thanksgiving came and even Christmas and it lasted throughout the summer. So, I was sure it would not be that bad this season but I was wrong it has come in full force this past weekend. Items we have had so far this year all pumpkin/pumpkin spice: glade, toaster strudel, cookies, candy, muffins, english muffins, cereal bars, Tazo tea, soda, 2 different kinds of yogurt, 5 different beers and I’m sure I forgot something.
Thank you Cameron B. for helping my curiosity on this one.

Oh boy! Do I have problems, when searching for this on steepster I noticed DAVIDsTEA has new pumpkin tea coming soon? Pumpkin cheesecake and Pumpkin patch!

Cameron B.

I was really disappointed by this one too. Maybe it’s not as good this year?

Amanda 'SoggyEnderman' Wilson

Mmm pumpkin season, I need to get a new pumpkin smelling candle for my desk, but I have a hard time replacing my pine needle one. I was really disappointed with this tea last year, it was too cinnamon-y and gave me a belly ache, though I did appreciate the actual bits of squash in the tea.

NayLynn

Maybe, I’m usually disappointed a little in most things pumpkin, I’m just extra disappointed in this. One of the reviewers said they make there own by adding a can of pumpkin on the stove-I think I will look up a recipe.
Thinking back my stomach was oddly upset last night, did not think about the tea being the cause. Amanda ,you do pine needle year round?

Amanda 'SoggyEnderman' Wilson

I too am often dissapointed by pumpkin things, so often they just taste like spice, I like the idea of using a can of pumpkin…I know there is a crock pot pumpkin chai recipe floating around that I mean to try.

I do have the pine needles year round, it is probably one of my favorite smells because it never feels intrusive, just a wintry background smell. It took me forever to find a candle that smells like pine needles and not pinesol, I refuse to burn it because I don’t want it to go away :P

So good! My new favorite tea of all time, which makes me sad that it’s only available seasonally. I’ve been drinking this every morning as a super strong latte with almond milk, and it’s really helped me with the transition of switching from coffee to tea. I’ve missed my pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks, but this tea is ten times better.

Truly tastes pumpkin-y, which is delicious. I wish it had a teensy bit more cinnamon flavor to it, but I’ve always been someone who loves the strong cinnamon flavor. I kick it up a notch by adding some of my own to the top of my latte. Amaaaaaaazing.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Pumpkin, Spices

7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

It’s a rainy day here in the desert! Still eighty degrees out, but it seemed like a good time to have my first cup of Pumpkin Chai for fall. I’ve been enjoying this tea for a few years; I try to save it for cozy autumn days, since I don’t have a lot left in my cupboard. Like everyone else says, it’s a tasty black tea, with lots of sweet caramel and pumpkin flavors. And it smells delicious, of course!

Enjoyed today’s cup with just a touch of honey. I don’t use sweeteners very often, but this blend is an exception. I find a little honey complements the caramel aroma, and highlights the sweet pumpkin notes.