Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Black Tea, Caramel, Carrot, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Pumpkin Pieces
Cinnamon, Cloves, Clove, Pumpkin, Caramel, Creamy, Nutmeg, Pastries, Smoke, Spices, Artificial, Butternut Squash, Smooth, Sweet, Ginger, Molasses, Candy, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Vanilla, Brown Sugar, Bergamot, Carrot, Tea, Cardboard, Spicy, Butter, Lemon Zest, Malt, Maple, Sugar, Orange Zest, Apple, Honey, Citrus Zest
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Celebrate the harvest

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, squash pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

Ingredients: Black tea, cinnamon, cloves, caramel (skimmed milk, sugar, glucose syrup, butter, sorbitol, mono and diglycerides), carrot, lemon peel, pumpkin candies (sugar, rice flour, cottonseed oil, soybean oil, corn starch, gum arabic, cellulose gum, yellow 6, conf

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Eh? I wanted to like this so bad. I’ve heard so many people rave about it for such a long time. There’s no spices at all and there’s merely a pumpkin flavour neither. The chocolate chili chai and the coco chai are much better chais from DT!

This one basically begs to be tried as a latte so I had to give it a go. I found that it really brought out the feeling of eating pumpkin pie (and the milk kind of gave it a covered in whipped cream vibe that I doubt anyone would complain about). This would make for a great after dinner drink on Thanksgiving.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Nutmeg, Pastries, Pumpkin

Oh my flying spaghetti monster in the sky! This tea…this tea…is nearly the best tea I’ve ever had. By far, it’s the best chai.

I taste pumpkin, and spices and caramel. It’s smooth, and not over powering. I can’t wait to try it as a latte with soy milk!!

I sampled it in store yesterday, and got a cup to go, and a 28g bag. Then as I sat in the food court of the mall texting a co-worker/friend who had had a bad week and is also a tea lover, I decided to run back and get a small bag for her. I took it into work last night and she also fell in love!

The hype is real.

Flavors: Caramel, Pumpkin, Smoke, Spices

Kristal

I miss this one- how I wish I could drink black tea! :(

Oh, how I long for a pumpkin-flavored black tea that isn’t overly spiced. I’m kicking myself for missing out on some of these delicious pumpkin blends from Butiki I keep reading about whilst researching pumpkin tea options. If anyone has recommendations let me know.

I tried a sample of this a few months ago as a latte and enjoyed it. I then discovered that I still had my unopened 25 gram bag from the fall 2012 collection. I prefer that blend (the one with the squash) to the newer version. I’ll repurchase it (and stock up on it) when it’s re-released this fall because it’ll probably wind up being my replacement for PSL from Starbucks since I’m really limiting my coffee these days. I also really enjoy pumpkin protein shakes/smoothies in the fall, and Pumpkin Chai steeped in non-dairy milk would probably make a killer base.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Pumpkin

Nichole/CuppaGeek

I actually like Celestial Seasonings Black Pumpkin tea that comes out around the fall time. It takes great with some almond milk.

apieceofquiche

Thanks for the recommendation Nichole! That’s bagged, right? I’ll keep an eye out for it.

Nichole/CuppaGeek

Yes. If you can’t find it let me know. I have a couple boxes of it left.

apieceofquiche

Is it the Sweet Harvest Pumpkin (http://www.celestialseasonings.com/products/holiday-teas/sweet-harvest-pumpkin)? I’m pretty sure I’ve seen it in stores before.

Nichole/CuppaGeek

Yep! That is it. I couldn’t remember its exact name. I just remembered the dude on the tractor. :)

apieceofquiche

LOL! I’ll keep my eyes peeled. I’m sure I’ll see it again this year. :)

This is the first ever tea that I tried from DT and it was the one that made me fall in love with their non-conventional flavored teas. It was bought as a gift for me around Christmas time, which is the perfect season to enjoy this spiced tea. Pumpkin spiced latte? No thanks! Hand me that Pumpkin Chai please. It’s a nice blend of spice with that hint of pumpkin. It’ll be your favorite seasonal tea if it isn’t already.

Flavors: Pumpkin

So artificial. The taste is ok but you get tired of drinking it.

Love this tea especially with some milk. I find it very warm and creamy

I decided to polish off my tin of this since the fall teas are in stock and I can refill it now. Normally I just drink this with just a bit of honey, but today wanted to try something a bit different. I’d hoped to make an almond milk latte of some sort with it, but was out of almond milk. So I started making it like I normally do, only to have the epiphany midway that I had some almond milk in the camper fridge. … Well, I wasn’t far off mark, it was actually coconut milk (it said ALMOND FRESH and then quietly below “coconut milk”. Bastards!) So I kinda winged it. I added about 1/2 tsp of brown sugar and frothed up the coconut milk. It was about 1:3 coconut milk to water. Yumm! I don’t know if I can go back to having this without the additional coconut milk, it added some dimension that I hadn’t really realized it was lacking before. Delicious! Still wanna try with the almond milk though.

This tea is my favourite black tea from DAVIDsTEA. Creamy, smooth, and spicy.

I serve mine hot with milk and a 1/2 tsp. of agave. It also makes a great tea latte and is perfect for cozying up with a good book or blog :)

Flavors: Artificial, Butternut Squash, Cinnamon, Clove, Creamy, Smooth, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 40 OZ / 1182 ML

An oldie but a goodie.
This tea is lovely straight up, but even better with some steamed milk.

om nom nom