Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Black Tea, Caramel, Carrot, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Natural And Artificial Flavouring
Cinnamon, Pumpkin, Spices, Brown Sugar, Bergamot, Butternut Squash, Caramel, Carrot, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Nutmeg, Tea, Clove, Ginger, Cardboard, Creamy, Spicy, Sweet, Butter, Lemon Zest, Malt, Smoke, Maple, Sugar, Vanilla, Apple, Honey, Citrus Zest, Cloves
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

From DAVIDsTEA

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, pumpkin pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

Ingredients: Black tea, cinnamon, cloves, lemon peel, squash, carrot, caramel bits, pumpkin candies.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Trick or Treat! This is a tea is no trick, its a treat for your pallet. A tea that will get you pumped for pumpkin and all the fall activities. There are even little orange sugar pumpkins in this lovely loose tea. The taste is of plump pumpkins and cinnamon. A sweet tasting black tea that will warm you up for a chilly day. The perfect tea for the morning or afternoon.

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Pumpkin

This is best prepared as a latte – and is absolutely delicious. It’s a great treat and best sweetened with a bit of brown sugar. It’s not as great brewed simply, but still better than most black teas.

One of my fave!

Flavors: Bergamot, Brown Sugar, Butternut Squash, Caramel, Carrot, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Nutmeg, Pumpkin, Tea

140 °F / 60 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 22 OZ / 650 ML

99/100 simply because I didn’t taste as much pumpkin as I would’ve liked. I never buy/drink/like chai teas because of the spices, but this one really made me fall in love.

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I’m starting to find it kind of funny just how many teas I’ve tried from David’s without ever placing an order from them yet. I wanted to hate this company when I first heard of it, simply because it seemed like another big chain Teavana sort of deal to me. But, after trying a bunch of different things and always being pleasantly surprised, I am most certainly going to be placing an order. Probably around Black Friday or Christmas. Do they usually have decent sales?

So, this tea. I have a love/hate relationship with pumpkin teas because I want to love them all until I find out that I can’t taste pumpkin or that there is way too much cinnamon/spices. But, again, I was pleasantly surprised here. Although I still wouldn’t grab this one when I’m thinking pumpkin, I liked this one more than any of the other pumpkin chai teas I’ve had because the spices were perfectly suited to my tastes.

Thanks, Ost, for letting me try this one!

Flavors: Spices

Nxtdoor

Last year I waited for their Black Friday sale and found there wasn’t much of a sale. So all my orders were placed elsewhere. (Della terra, butiki and a couple of others)

The Cookie Lady

Good to know! I’ll probably end up saving my Black Friday budget for places with great sales, too. And maybe I’ll just place an order with David’s around the first of the year or something. Thanks for the heads up on that!

6/10 in my Halloween Tea Marathon, and yet again it’s from KittyLovesTea.

I absolutely adore pumpkin tea, and this has been on my wish list for quite a while, and one of the ones I most wanted to try, so I was very excited to receive it in the secret pumpkin swap. It did not disappoint. I had the first cup of this plain, and was happy to find that the pumpkin flavour was prominent, with the spices complimenting it rather than overpowering it. A huge plus in my book! I have since had it with a pinch of brown sugar and as a latte, which blew my mind. I’m actually pretty sad that I love this one so much, since it’s a DAVIDsTEA and once it’s gone I have no way of getting any more. Please, David’s, open a store in England!!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 5 OZ / 150 ML

Oh! This is soo good!

I got this via my sweet Secret Pumpkin Michelle. Thank you!

Usually I steer away from chai teas, too much milk and heaviness for me to handle. But this was perfect! From the sprinkles I was afraid it might have other sweeteners in it, but I didn’t really detect any after brewing. Another thing- I tend to steer away from DavidsTea, mostly because of the three I tried before, two were overwhelmingly sweet and I passed the rest of the sample on to someone else.

Pumpkins though, I’m a big fan of pumpkin. Yesterday, the first day of November, I went and got myself three lovely medium sized pumpkins that I can save and bake up it delightful things until they all run out. The pumpkin in this tea makes reminds me when I’m actually prepping my pumpkins, that slight bit between having completely raw pumpkin and completely cooked pumpkin where it’s just on the edge of sweet and juicy and a little savory.

There’s something about this base too. I set a timer! I did! But my sisters distracted me and when I got back my timer told me I was 10 min overdue. So this steeped for about 13 min. Not bitterness or astringency at all. Best of all, although all the sprinkles were dissolved, it didn’t taste that much different in the 2nd or 3rd steep! This is a thing I can definitely see myself finishing off and getting more of. I’ve already looked at the site to see how much it would cost me!

Bought one of the mini tins of this on a whim and was glad I did – my new fall fave! Perfect with a splash of milk and a little honey.

Flavors: Caramel, Pumpkin, Spices

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

Thank you CHAroma for sending a sample of this a while back! A few days ago I was planning on this tea for Halloween. Hope everyone had a great Halloween! I was sipping on 52Teas Candy Corn today too. (No actual bag of candy corn is in my possession this year! HOW?) Even though the black tea leaves here look on the smaller size, the brewed mug is very light. The pumpkin sprinkles are adorable. I love the squash/carrot gives the blend SOME sort of vegetation (though they seemed to be lacking in my infuser) but why don’t pumpkin teas actually have pumpkin? It seems like even one pumpkin would be enough ingredients for a LOT of tea. The flavor here only had hints of squash. I wouldn’t say this is a typical chai… it isn’t very spicy (mostly cinnamon). But it’s a nice one. Reminds me of Della Terra’s Pumpkin Pie.
Steep #1 // 1 tsp // just boiled // 4 min
Steep #2 // just boiled // 4 min

Ok, I tried it again. This time I put 1 cup of water on the stove to heat up while I measured the 6g of tea (and picked out all the orange candies, and ate them for their sins). The water was boiling by the time I finished with that, so I dumped in the tea, put a lid on, turned the heat down, and let it simmer for 5min. I tasted the tea at this point at it was terrible. Like, horribly bitter. I was thinking that this was never going to work, but I went ahead and added 1 cup of milk, 2 tsp of sugar, and then stirred constantly over high heat until it started to simmer again. Then strained into a mug.

So it’s actually pretty good. I don’t think it’s much different from the version that involved simmering everything in milk + water. This is good news, because I’m pretty bad with anything that involves heating milk on the stove – too many past experiences with burning the milk or having everything bubble up and overflow, lol. This way seems easier. Anyway, I have mixed feelings about the idea of a tea that requires sugar and milk to make it worth drinking. Having said that, I don’t think I’ll have any trouble finishing up the rest of the bag. :)