Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Black Tea, Caramel, Carrot, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Natural And Artificial Flavouring
Cinnamon, Cloves, Ginger, Molasses, Pumpkin, Spices, Brown Sugar, Bergamot, Butternut Squash, Caramel, Carrot, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Nutmeg, Tea, Clove, Cardboard, Creamy, Spicy, Sweet, Butter, Lemon Zest, Malt, Smoke, Maple, Sugar, Vanilla, Apple, Honey, Citrus Zest
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

From DAVIDsTEA

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, pumpkin pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

Ingredients: Black tea, cinnamon, cloves, lemon peel, squash, carrot, caramel bits, pumpkin candies.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Last week I drove back home for Thanksgiving and it was TONS of fun! Left at 3am, arrived at 10-11ish. Had our festivities. I was told we were going to leave at noon to drive back down to Southern California buuut I got woken up at 7:45 in the morning, being told to get up and get ready because we were going to San Francisco!! Ahh so exciting :) We went and had fun. I saw that there was a DAVIDs promo where you spend $30 in store and you get a free tote and I was all AWW YISS. Went to the store and the last said that you had to spend $60 and I was all…??? But apparently that was a Canadian offer and the offer here in the US was spend $35 and you get a free perfect mug! So that’s what I did because I couldn’t control myself. I ended up getting the 12 Days of Tea, an oz or two of peppermint because my sister was running low, and an ounce of this tea bc I didn’t have any tea from the fall collection.

Definitely made this weird.
I think over steeped, over leafed, and too hot water? Blegh the bitterness is real.
Definitely dowsed this tea with milk and sugar haha. The second cup should be better!
Dang. I am so lost without my tea scale…

I was really anticipating this tea because all of the rave reviews here on steepster and to be honest I was a touch disappointed. Perhaps because this was some of the last bits they had of the tea at my local David’s Tea but I didn’t taste much pumpkin :/ it tasted mostly of chai, something I have mixed feelings for but it wasn’t bad at all. I’m glad I tried it and will finish the rest but I probably wouldn’t go for it next year. Maybe who knows

I have never been a fan of chai teas and in the past and admit to choking them down with no enjoyment. My cousin is a huge fan of all things “chai” and the ones I have had have been from being a guest in his home. I received a sample of this one in my last David’s Tea order so I decided to give it a whirl tonight. I enjoyed this more than I have any other chai tea that I’ve had in the past. It wasn’t too spicy which is what I find to be the problem with other chai teas I’ve had. It has just the right amount of spice and I don’t find the flavour overpowering. A nice surprise. I’d call it a weak chai tea which I’m sure would be to the dismay of real chai lovers but for me it was perfect. Still, chai is not my thing and now that my sample is gone, I don’t feel the need to buy more.

Flavors: Pumpkin, Spices

Trick or Treat! This is a tea is no trick, its a treat for your pallet. A tea that will get you pumped for pumpkin and all the fall activities. There are even little orange sugar pumpkins in this lovely loose tea. The taste is of plump pumpkins and cinnamon. A sweet tasting black tea that will warm you up for a chilly day. The perfect tea for the morning or afternoon.

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Pumpkin

This is best prepared as a latte – and is absolutely delicious. It’s a great treat and best sweetened with a bit of brown sugar. It’s not as great brewed simply, but still better than most black teas.

One of my fave!

Flavors: Bergamot, Brown Sugar, Butternut Squash, Caramel, Carrot, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Nutmeg, Pumpkin, Tea

140 °F / 60 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 22 OZ / 650 ML

Darn it! I forgot to take my tea out again! Oversteeped…. This being home business is not good for my tea making habits. I wonder how many more reviews you guys are going to get about what tea tastes like when you oversteep it. Pumpkin Chai oversteeped has a very smoky taste, total ewww. Thinking about it, I know what my problem is… I left my timer at college… :/

I’m starting to find it kind of funny just how many teas I’ve tried from David’s without ever placing an order from them yet. I wanted to hate this company when I first heard of it, simply because it seemed like another big chain Teavana sort of deal to me. But, after trying a bunch of different things and always being pleasantly surprised, I am most certainly going to be placing an order. Probably around Black Friday or Christmas. Do they usually have decent sales?

So, this tea. I have a love/hate relationship with pumpkin teas because I want to love them all until I find out that I can’t taste pumpkin or that there is way too much cinnamon/spices. But, again, I was pleasantly surprised here. Although I still wouldn’t grab this one when I’m thinking pumpkin, I liked this one more than any of the other pumpkin chai teas I’ve had because the spices were perfectly suited to my tastes.

Thanks, Ost, for letting me try this one!

Flavors: Spices

Nxtdoor

Last year I waited for their Black Friday sale and found there wasn’t much of a sale. So all my orders were placed elsewhere. (Della terra, butiki and a couple of others)

The Cookie Lady

Good to know! I’ll probably end up saving my Black Friday budget for places with great sales, too. And maybe I’ll just place an order with David’s around the first of the year or something. Thanks for the heads up on that!

6/10 in my Halloween Tea Marathon, and yet again it’s from KittyLovesTea.

I absolutely adore pumpkin tea, and this has been on my wish list for quite a while, and one of the ones I most wanted to try, so I was very excited to receive it in the secret pumpkin swap. It did not disappoint. I had the first cup of this plain, and was happy to find that the pumpkin flavour was prominent, with the spices complimenting it rather than overpowering it. A huge plus in my book! I have since had it with a pinch of brown sugar and as a latte, which blew my mind. I’m actually pretty sad that I love this one so much, since it’s a DAVIDsTEA and once it’s gone I have no way of getting any more. Please, David’s, open a store in England!!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 5 OZ / 150 ML

Oh! This is soo good!

I got this via my sweet Secret Pumpkin Michelle. Thank you!

Usually I steer away from chai teas, too much milk and heaviness for me to handle. But this was perfect! From the sprinkles I was afraid it might have other sweeteners in it, but I didn’t really detect any after brewing. Another thing- I tend to steer away from DavidsTea, mostly because of the three I tried before, two were overwhelmingly sweet and I passed the rest of the sample on to someone else.

Pumpkins though, I’m a big fan of pumpkin. Yesterday, the first day of November, I went and got myself three lovely medium sized pumpkins that I can save and bake up it delightful things until they all run out. The pumpkin in this tea makes reminds me when I’m actually prepping my pumpkins, that slight bit between having completely raw pumpkin and completely cooked pumpkin where it’s just on the edge of sweet and juicy and a little savory.

There’s something about this base too. I set a timer! I did! But my sisters distracted me and when I got back my timer told me I was 10 min overdue. So this steeped for about 13 min. Not bitterness or astringency at all. Best of all, although all the sprinkles were dissolved, it didn’t taste that much different in the 2nd or 3rd steep! This is a thing I can definitely see myself finishing off and getting more of. I’ve already looked at the site to see how much it would cost me!