Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Black Tea, Caramel, Carrot, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Pumpkin Pieces
Cinnamon, Cloves, Creamy, Nutmeg, Pumpkin, Pastries, Caramel, Smoke, Spices, Artificial, Butternut Squash, Clove, Smooth, Sweet, Ginger, Molasses, Candy, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Vanilla, Brown Sugar, Bergamot, Carrot, Tea, Cardboard, Spicy, Butter, Lemon Zest, Malt, Maple, Sugar, Orange Zest, Apple, Honey, Citrus Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

Celebrate the harvest

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, squash pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is the first ever tea that I tried from DT and it was the one that made me fall in love with their non-conventional flavored teas. It was bought as a gift for me around Christmas time, which is the perfect season to enjoy this spiced tea. Pumpkin spiced latte? No thanks! Hand me that Pumpkin Chai please. It’s a nice blend of spice with that hint of pumpkin. It’ll be your favorite seasonal tea if it isn’t already.

Flavors: Pumpkin

So artificial. The taste is ok but you get tired of drinking it.

Love this tea especially with some milk. I find it very warm and creamy

I decided to polish off my tin of this since the fall teas are in stock and I can refill it now. Normally I just drink this with just a bit of honey, but today wanted to try something a bit different. I’d hoped to make an almond milk latte of some sort with it, but was out of almond milk. So I started making it like I normally do, only to have the epiphany midway that I had some almond milk in the camper fridge. … Well, I wasn’t far off mark, it was actually coconut milk (it said ALMOND FRESH and then quietly below “coconut milk”. Bastards!) So I kinda winged it. I added about 1/2 tsp of brown sugar and frothed up the coconut milk. It was about 1:3 coconut milk to water. Yumm! I don’t know if I can go back to having this without the additional coconut milk, it added some dimension that I hadn’t really realized it was lacking before. Delicious! Still wanna try with the almond milk though.

This tea is my favourite black tea from DAVIDsTEA. Creamy, smooth, and spicy.

I serve mine hot with milk and a 1/2 tsp. of agave. It also makes a great tea latte and is perfect for cozying up with a good book or blog :)

Flavors: Artificial, Butternut Squash, Cinnamon, Clove, Creamy, Smooth, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 40 OZ / 1182 ML

An oldie but a goodie.
This tea is lovely straight up, but even better with some steamed milk.

om nom nom

I can’t really say much more about this tea that hasn’t already been said. It’s simply fantastic. If you like black tea and pumpkin, get yourself some. My husband loves it as a latte, I prefer it black. It’s great however you take it.

I think the whole pumpkin thing is overdone, but I did like this one. It was pumpkin-y without tasting fake or like it was trying too hard. A lot of Davdi’s Teas seem to be trying too hard. The little pumpkins did brighten my day, and I enjoyed the flavor balance.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Ginger, Molasses, Pumpkin

1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I decided that this tea would be the perfect partner for my Sleepy Hollow marathon today. First I tried it as a latte with warm, frothed vanilla almond milk and a sprinkling of pumpkin pie spice but that was a disaster. I lack the skills to make a proper tea latte – the tea is always weak and the flavours are not highlighted but minimized. Perhaps someone gives lessons on the art of the tea latte?

Now I am drinking it straight and it has lovely flavour. Pumpkin is one of my favourite flavours. I buy extra sugar-free pumpkin syrup in the fall so I can make my own pumpkin spice lattes year round. I love pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cake – pumpkin pasta too! So it’s no surprise that this is good tea for me. I’m very sad I missed out on the Pumpkin Patch and Pumpkin Cheesecake flavours this past fall. I hope they bring them back for 2015. If anyone has any other pumpkin teas they’d recommend, please comment!

Flavors: Candy, Cinnamon, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Nutmeg, Pumpkin, Spices, Sweet, Vanilla

I make no claims to being a latte expert, but I usually do 50/50 water and milk. Steep the tea strong in the water, add to warmed milk, a fair bit of sugar and then into the blender to froth it all. Not everything works well as a latte, but I find this method more often than not works well for me.

Della Terra’s Grandma’s Pumpkin Pie is worth checking out.

Lisa Elizabeth

Sounds like a good plan, minus the sugar! Do you think Splenda or Stevia would work as well?

Thanks for the Della Terra’s rec. I’ve been seeing that name around so I’ll go check it out.

I have a pretty strong aversion to stevia and I don’t think I’ve ever tried Splenda, but if you usually use those as sweeteners and they don’t spoil the flavour of your tea I don’t see why they wouldn’t work.

Lisa Elizabeth

I usually don’t sweeten my tea, so maybe just the milk?

I can’t say I’m a huge fan of this one. I normally like everything/anything that has something to do with pumpkin (especially in the fall!!) but this one just doesn’t strike my fancy. No matter low much or little I steep it, or how much I steep at a time, the taste is just never strong enough for me. Which is a little strange, considering this is a chai tea…

Well anyways, I’m sure someone else would love this tea, but I find it a little too weak for my taste, especially where the pumpkin is concerned.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Pumpkin