Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Black Tea, Caramel, Carrot, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Pumpkin Pieces
Caramel, Cinnamon, Pumpkin, Cloves, Creamy, Nutmeg, Pastries, Smoke, Spices, Artificial, Butternut Squash, Clove, Smooth, Sweet, Ginger, Molasses, Candy, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Vanilla, Brown Sugar, Bergamot, Carrot, Tea, Cardboard, Spicy, Butter, Lemon Zest, Malt, Maple, Sugar, Orange Zest, Apple, Honey, Citrus Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

2 Images

Celebrate the harvest

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, squash pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

Ingredients: Black tea, cinnamon, cloves, caramel (skimmed milk, sugar, glucose syrup, butter, sorbitol, mono and diglycerides), carrot, lemon peel, pumpkin candies (sugar, rice flour, cottonseed oil, soybean oil, corn starch, gum arabic, cellulose gum, yellow 6, conf

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I can’t say I’m a huge fan of this one. I normally like everything/anything that has something to do with pumpkin (especially in the fall!!) but this one just doesn’t strike my fancy. No matter low much or little I steep it, or how much I steep at a time, the taste is just never strong enough for me. Which is a little strange, considering this is a chai tea…

Well anyways, I’m sure someone else would love this tea, but I find it a little too weak for my taste, especially where the pumpkin is concerned.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Pumpkin

I just received my first Davids Tea order today Yeahh!! It was so fast, I got it only two days after I ordered. And the box looks like a little present with nice paper wrap and free samples… Haha I’m so excited!
So this tea was in it, I bought the 100g tin because I’m not sure if they’ve finally added it to their permanent collection… It looks like it but better safe than sorry.
It’s spicy, but not too much so I can still drink it in the morning for a nice boost. And like others said it really tastes like pumpkin… I love pumpkin!!
Drink it hot with milk and brown sugar for a comforting winter drink.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Pumpkin

Last week I drove back home for Thanksgiving and it was TONS of fun! Left at 3am, arrived at 10-11ish. Had our festivities. I was told we were going to leave at noon to drive back down to Southern California buuut I got woken up at 7:45 in the morning, being told to get up and get ready because we were going to San Francisco!! Ahh so exciting :) We went and had fun. I saw that there was a DAVIDs promo where you spend $30 in store and you get a free tote and I was all AWW YISS. Went to the store and the last said that you had to spend $60 and I was all…??? But apparently that was a Canadian offer and the offer here in the US was spend $35 and you get a free perfect mug! So that’s what I did because I couldn’t control myself. I ended up getting the 12 Days of Tea, an oz or two of peppermint because my sister was running low, and an ounce of this tea bc I didn’t have any tea from the fall collection.

Definitely made this weird.
I think over steeped, over leafed, and too hot water? Blegh the bitterness is real.
Definitely dowsed this tea with milk and sugar haha. The second cup should be better!
Dang. I am so lost without my tea scale…

I was really anticipating this tea because all of the rave reviews here on steepster and to be honest I was a touch disappointed. Perhaps because this was some of the last bits they had of the tea at my local David’s Tea but I didn’t taste much pumpkin :/ it tasted mostly of chai, something I have mixed feelings for but it wasn’t bad at all. I’m glad I tried it and will finish the rest but I probably wouldn’t go for it next year. Maybe who knows

I have never been a fan of chai teas and in the past and admit to choking them down with no enjoyment. My cousin is a huge fan of all things “chai” and the ones I have had have been from being a guest in his home. I received a sample of this one in my last David’s Tea order so I decided to give it a whirl tonight. I enjoyed this more than I have any other chai tea that I’ve had in the past. It wasn’t too spicy which is what I find to be the problem with other chai teas I’ve had. It has just the right amount of spice and I don’t find the flavour overpowering. A nice surprise. I’d call it a weak chai tea which I’m sure would be to the dismay of real chai lovers but for me it was perfect. Still, chai is not my thing and now that my sample is gone, I don’t feel the need to buy more.

Flavors: Pumpkin, Spices

Trick or Treat! This is a tea is no trick, its a treat for your pallet. A tea that will get you pumped for pumpkin and all the fall activities. There are even little orange sugar pumpkins in this lovely loose tea. The taste is of plump pumpkins and cinnamon. A sweet tasting black tea that will warm you up for a chilly day. The perfect tea for the morning or afternoon.

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Pumpkin

This is best prepared as a latte – and is absolutely delicious. It’s a great treat and best sweetened with a bit of brown sugar. It’s not as great brewed simply, but still better than most black teas.

One of my fave!

Flavors: Bergamot, Brown Sugar, Butternut Squash, Caramel, Carrot, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Nutmeg, Pumpkin, Tea

140 °F / 60 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 22 OZ / 650 ML

Darn it! I forgot to take my tea out again! Oversteeped…. This being home business is not good for my tea making habits. I wonder how many more reviews you guys are going to get about what tea tastes like when you oversteep it. Pumpkin Chai oversteeped has a very smoky taste, total ewww. Thinking about it, I know what my problem is… I left my timer at college… :/

I’m starting to find it kind of funny just how many teas I’ve tried from David’s without ever placing an order from them yet. I wanted to hate this company when I first heard of it, simply because it seemed like another big chain Teavana sort of deal to me. But, after trying a bunch of different things and always being pleasantly surprised, I am most certainly going to be placing an order. Probably around Black Friday or Christmas. Do they usually have decent sales?

So, this tea. I have a love/hate relationship with pumpkin teas because I want to love them all until I find out that I can’t taste pumpkin or that there is way too much cinnamon/spices. But, again, I was pleasantly surprised here. Although I still wouldn’t grab this one when I’m thinking pumpkin, I liked this one more than any of the other pumpkin chai teas I’ve had because the spices were perfectly suited to my tastes.

Thanks, Ost, for letting me try this one!

Flavors: Spices

Last year I waited for their Black Friday sale and found there wasn’t much of a sale. So all my orders were placed elsewhere. (Della terra, butiki and a couple of others)

The Cookie Lady

Good to know! I’ll probably end up saving my Black Friday budget for places with great sales, too. And maybe I’ll just place an order with David’s around the first of the year or something. Thanks for the heads up on that!