Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Black Tea, Caramel, Carrot, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Natural And Artificial Flavouring
Cinnamon, Pumpkin, Spices, Brown Sugar, Bergamot, Butternut Squash, Caramel, Carrot, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Nutmeg, Tea, Clove, Ginger, Cardboard, Creamy, Spicy, Sweet, Butter, Lemon Zest, Malt, Smoke, Maple, Sugar, Vanilla, Apple, Honey, Citrus Zest, Cloves
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

From DAVIDsTEA

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, pumpkin pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

Ingredients: Black tea, cinnamon, cloves, lemon peel, squash, carrot, caramel bits, pumpkin candies.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Such a winner, this one. Exactly what comes to mind when you want a warming, seasonal tea for the fall. Perfectly yummy, I don’t see myself ever getting tired of it (well, maybe I will once spring comes around again, but that’s far off now). Love this tea!

Flavors: Caramel, Carrot, Cinnamon, Clove, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Nutmeg, Pumpkin

Boiling 7 min, 45 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Oh, Pumpkin Chai, how I love you. I picked up a new tin for the season at my local David’s last night and I’m currently drinking my first cup. I love pulling this one out every year for the perfect fall treat. The cinnamon and clove notes are a little stronger than I remember, but not to the point of being overpowering. Currently enjoying this cup in the new ‘Spooky Colour Changing Perfect Mug’ from David’s. Feeling very festive today!

The perfect fall tea to have as we walked around the fall festival today in Virginia. A sweet pumpkin flavor that mixed perfectly with the black tea, and just a hint of spice to make it exciting.

Flavors: Caramel, Ginger, Pumpkin, Spices, Tea

DavidsTea, my guilty basic bitch pleasure. It’s like, negative a million degrees (okay, like… 65 degrees) outside, so I thought a chai latte would be the perfect way to start the day after sleeping in with my cat and about six blankets.

Pumpkin Chai Latte recipe:
1 1/2 cups of whole milk
2 teaspoons Pumpkin Chai
1 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
1 cinnamon stick

Add milk to sauce pan; when simmering, add tea leaves. Keep at a simmer / low boil for six minutes. Add brown sugar, stir gently. Pour tea into glass through sieve, garnish with cinnamon stick.

Dry nose: Spicy, sweet, can definitely smell the pumpkin. Cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, carrot, and pumpkin.

Tasting note: Followed the above recipe. Creamy, sweet, spicy, and cozy. I haven’t had it straight yet, but if it’s anything like it smells I’m sure it’ll be amazing. I might add more clove and cinnamon, maybe a cardamom pod or two if I’m feeling fancy.

Flavors: Carrot, Cinnamon, Clove, Nutmeg, Pumpkin

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I have been drinking this just about every day since my order arrived. It’s completely what I was looking for, with the craving for pumpkin taking over ( I wish I were immune, I really do…but I’m so not! Pumpkin in the fall is heaven, however overused it may be…) I add a little milk and sugar to my cup usually, but I haven’t actually made it as a proper chai. It’s so good already, I haven’t wanted to take the time to mess with it. The spices are well balanced, and there is a definite ‘pumpkin’ presence.
So cozy and comforting! :)

boychik

yay i like it too and kids request it. i may need to get more before it disappears.

TeaTiff

So how do you make a proper chai? You both make this sound yummy.

Amariel

I didn’t like this one the first time I had it, as I had just had Saigon Chai and found it much weaker. The following year I had it again and liked it. It’s not the most pumpkin, and not the most chai, but it is tasty, and something I gravitate to this time of year.

DeliriumsFrogs

Boychik, my youngest daughter (9yr old) is my tea partner, but she hasn’t tried this one yet. She’s totally into warm cider with mulling spices right now. I’ll have to get her to try this, though. :)
TeaTiff, I’m sure I don’t make mine correctly. But, I like to use the milk of my choice, along with the measured out tea (usually 1 cup milk to 1tsp tea), and the sugar to taste in a saucepan on the stove. I’ll simmer for about 10 minutes and then strain it into a mug. If I’m using straight up tea that isn’t spiced (I really like A&D’s tiger assam for chai), I’ll add whatever spices myself to the pan (cinnamon, ginger, cloves, cardamom, etc… whatever’s in my cupboard). It’s always SO yummy, but it dirties more dishes, and sometimes I just don’t want to clean them. lol
Amariel, which pumpkin tea do you think is most pumpkin? I’m totally new to loose leaf pumpkin teas (I’d just buy the boxed ones at the grocery store), and this year I seem to be craving pumpkin. :)

Amariel

I have not tried the others, but I think Teaopia had a pumpkin one that was a little more pumpkin. I may be misremembering. I have not tried the other two pumpkin teas from DT since they’re all sold out here. So far I have resisted getting any pumpkin chai, but I likely will soon, once I have drunk a little more of my cupboard down.

DeliriumsFrogs

My pumpkin chai is almost gone, so I might check out that Teaopia one (although, I may have to refrain from more tea purchases, since my bank account may not be too happy about it. lol).

Amariel

Teaopia got bought out by Teavana, so it no longer exists. I had some pumpkin chai today and it was gooood. I will eventually need to get some.

Uh… what? I kinda sorta get chai, zero pumpkin, and a really weird aftertaste… more cardboard? Seriously? And it smells like red hot candies. I don’t get it. Least fav of the DAVIDs pumpkin teas. Now all I want is more of the pumpkin cheesecake…

Flavors: Cardboard, Cinnamon, Creamy

Fjellrev

Seems like a cardboard kind of night for you. :/

MissB

Yea, makes me think I need to clean out my tea baskets – but these were the only cardboard ones – even since.

As per my usual fall ritual, I head down to my local DAVIDsTEA to pick up some more of this. Tastes pumpkin-y (is that a word?), warm, sweet,and spicy. Like autumn exploded in your mouth. Probably one of their best teas.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Pumpkin, Spicy, Sweet

Ya know…
This tea is actually growing on me. It’s like the perfect chai. Or at least close to it.
It’s not too chai-ish, which is why I really like it, and it’s not too pumpkin-y. I just find myself craving it…
I’m finding myself considering buying it since this is the last of the generous sample Boychik sent me. D:

On a side note, I actually wrote up a profile finally on here. xD I hate writing bios on websites. But figured it was about time. xD It kinda still sucks…but…it will get there one day…maybe. xD Unless I forget, which is very possible.
Anyway, this is a delicious and comforting tea.
Might have to buy it before it’s unavailable again :O

boychik

It was really good, your bio. I still have nothing to write about myself.

Ost

Aw, well thanks! I usually avoid writing those things as long as possible. xD But figured I’d give it a shot finally haha!

Can you do mine cause I’m lazy? Haha

Ost

Hah as long as you don’t mind yours looking super unprofessional then sureeee! :P I use too many faces on the internet…but I swear I’m not still 13!

The Cookie Lady

You’ve actually had something that’s TOO pumpkin-y? What is it???? I MUST have it!!!!!

Tealizzy

This one totally grew on me too. I was also not impressed at first, but I bought a 3.5oz. tin this year!

It smells wonderful, my first thought was that I wanted a candle that smells like this before realizing they sell one :) I’m so disappointed in this though, all I get is flavored water not even sure what flavor. I wish I knew what to do with it to make it better, so many people love this tea.

I have a small pumpkin addiction, I bought so much pumpkin spice items last year I was sick of it by the time Thanksgiving came and even Christmas and it lasted throughout the summer. So, I was sure it would not be that bad this season but I was wrong it has come in full force this past weekend. Items we have had so far this year all pumpkin/pumpkin spice: glade, toaster strudel, cookies, candy, muffins, english muffins, cereal bars, Tazo tea, soda, 2 different kinds of yogurt, 5 different beers and I’m sure I forgot something.
Thank you Cameron B. for helping my curiosity on this one.

Oh boy! Do I have problems, when searching for this on steepster I noticed DAVIDsTEA has new pumpkin tea coming soon? Pumpkin cheesecake and Pumpkin patch!

Cameron B.

I was really disappointed by this one too. Maybe it’s not as good this year?

Amanda 'SoggyEnderman' Wilson

Mmm pumpkin season, I need to get a new pumpkin smelling candle for my desk, but I have a hard time replacing my pine needle one. I was really disappointed with this tea last year, it was too cinnamon-y and gave me a belly ache, though I did appreciate the actual bits of squash in the tea.

NayLynn

Maybe, I’m usually disappointed a little in most things pumpkin, I’m just extra disappointed in this. One of the reviewers said they make there own by adding a can of pumpkin on the stove-I think I will look up a recipe.
Thinking back my stomach was oddly upset last night, did not think about the tea being the cause. Amanda ,you do pine needle year round?

Amanda 'SoggyEnderman' Wilson

I too am often dissapointed by pumpkin things, so often they just taste like spice, I like the idea of using a can of pumpkin…I know there is a crock pot pumpkin chai recipe floating around that I mean to try.

I do have the pine needles year round, it is probably one of my favorite smells because it never feels intrusive, just a wintry background smell. It took me forever to find a candle that smells like pine needles and not pinesol, I refuse to burn it because I don’t want it to go away :P

So good! My new favorite tea of all time, which makes me sad that it’s only available seasonally. I’ve been drinking this every morning as a super strong latte with almond milk, and it’s really helped me with the transition of switching from coffee to tea. I’ve missed my pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks, but this tea is ten times better.

Truly tastes pumpkin-y, which is delicious. I wish it had a teensy bit more cinnamon flavor to it, but I’ve always been someone who loves the strong cinnamon flavor. I kick it up a notch by adding some of my own to the top of my latte. Amaaaaaaazing.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Pumpkin, Spices