Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Black Tea, Caramel, Carrot, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Natural And Artificial Flavouring
Cinnamon, Pumpkin, Spices, Brown Sugar, Bergamot, Butternut Squash, Caramel, Carrot, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Nutmeg, Tea, Clove, Ginger, Cardboard, Creamy, Spicy, Sweet, Butter, Lemon Zest, Malt, Smoke, Maple, Sugar, Vanilla, Apple, Honey, Citrus Zest, Cloves
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

From DAVIDsTEA

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, pumpkin pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

Ingredients: Black tea, cinnamon, cloves, lemon peel, squash, carrot, caramel bits, pumpkin candies.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

It’s a rainy day here in the desert! Still eighty degrees out, but it seemed like a good time to have my first cup of Pumpkin Chai for fall. I’ve been enjoying this tea for a few years; I try to save it for cozy autumn days, since I don’t have a lot left in my cupboard. Like everyone else says, it’s a tasty black tea, with lots of sweet caramel and pumpkin flavors. And it smells delicious, of course!

Enjoyed today’s cup with just a touch of honey. I don’t use sweeteners very often, but this blend is an exception. I find a little honey complements the caramel aroma, and highlights the sweet pumpkin notes.

Cold and drizzly and a tough Monday morning, all around. Definitely calls for a good, warming, comfort tea, and this fits the bill again. Very glad I picked up the Pumpkin Collection last week so that I don’t have to be too miserly with my initial Pumpkin Chai purchase. This one is so yummy!! It’s like having pumpkin pie for breakfast. Bumping it up 5 points for keeping me happy!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Roswell Strange was kind enough to get 20g of each of the fall teas I wanted to try and mail them to me. Thanks, dear! This one smelled amazing so I had to try it. The tea itself consists of very small black tea leaves with pumpkin-shaped sprinkles and a few pieces of cinnamon bark and dehydrated pumpkin mixed in. It smells delicious, like pumpkin pie filling combined with cinnamon candies and buttery caramels. I actually made this twice…

The first time, I did the suggested 1.25 teaspoons (probably closer to 1.5) for 4 minutes at 200 degrees. Brewed aroma was strong cinnamon candy with pumpkin and caramel undertones. And it basically tasted like weak cinnamon water. Blegh.

Second try, I did 2 teaspoons and steeped it for 5 minutes at the same temperature. And it basically still tastes like weak cinnamon water with a little bit of clove and maybe the teensiest hint of pumpkin if I squint my eyes and really look for it?

Overall, this tea is super disappointing to me… I could steep it longer I guess, but I don’t see that improving the flavor much and it’s already starting to almost get bitter at 5 minutes.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Clove

Sarsonator

Aaaawww :(

Cameron B.

I’m really shocked, there are people who rated this at 100… I have more, so I’ll definitely try the stovetop method to see if that improves it. :/

Roswell Strange

So when I make this one, I overleaf and usually add milk to it. Sometimes I’ll do honey if I have any on hand – I’ve found it’s a bit better that way. I bought a gratuitous amount of this last year (100g) only to realize I am not a Chai fan; so I’m still working through most of that :P

Tamarindel

From what I’ve heard, the whole fall collection has been a bit disappointing.

sherapop

I honestly don’t the whole pumpkin drink thing. Who would want to d t ink pumpkin? Why is this such a ubiquitous fad???

Missing word: understand

sherapop

Drink pumpkin. I give up on this Kin f2f level! (Kindle)

Tealizzy

I like this one with a splash of milk and some brown sugar, or stovetop method is good. Definitely overleaf. Good luck!

boychik

More leaf+cond milk or maple syrup n milk

Mmmm, had this this morning with lots of sugar, some milk and vanilla whipped cream in it. So rich and tasty!

Fjellrev

Oooh, vanilla whipped cream. Fancy!

Anlina

I made cornmeal waffles this morning, and I always like whipped cream with waffles, so there was extra to throw into my cup. I usually find cream too rich for teas, but this was fantastic.

Fjellrev

OMG those must be so good. I’ve been meaning to get a waffle iron since I love waffles in general, but cornmeal especially sounds like a genius idea.

Anlina

Yeah. I love cornbread and so cornmeal waffles were just crisp and delicious. And incredibly dense. Definitely recommend them. :)

This tea was good as just tea but as a latte it was better!

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I finally bought some (50g) of this. Last year I didn’t get a chance to do so, the two stores I tried to get it at were sold out. Can’t remember why I didn’t do it online but it doesn’t matter anymore.

I bought this and the cute stout fall cups — the ones with the red and orange maple leaves on them. I have a feeling these are selling quite a bit too.

The tea? It’s alright. Too much spice. It is a chai so you can’t fault them but again, too much stuff. Too much nutmeg, clove, cinnamon. The second steep was better. I had both steeps sweetened and with almond/coconut milk in them. To me this tea is quite similar to the glitter and gold (which I really don’t care for) and also similar to the oatmeal raisin cookie from Della Terra. So… Nay on restock.

The cups are great though. :)

Mmm.. This tea is quite delicious. Caramel, pumpkin, and a sweet hint of cinnamon. Yes, it is very good, but would I consider it a chai? No.. not really. It is very light and almost has a maple taste to it. The cinnamon is present, but not very bold and this tea is not very spicy at all. However, it is still a delicious autumn-inspired tea so I am happy!

Flavors: Caramel, Cinnamon, Maple, Pumpkin

Disclaimer: this tasting note is based on 2 samples in-store, and both of them were cold. Yes, that’s right. Today this was being served as an iced tea. WTAF?!

Second Disclaimer: I don’t like pumpkin. So keep that in mind.

Every year David’s introduces this tea I always write it off as soon as I see the name. I absolutely HATE pumpkin, so why would I like a pumpkin tea? Especially one where the rave reviews talk about how much this tastes like pumpkin?! NOT my idea of a good time. This year I decided to be adventurous and at least try it. I told myself if it was introduced in the fall collection again this year (they’d be crazy not to!), I would try it. I might even try a whole cup of it. But I would try it.

And so I tried it. And it was cold. Which was sooooo weeeeiiirrrrdddd. The tea guide emphasized over and over how much better it was hot, and I kept asking myself why the hell they would serve it iced. This makes no sense. I did get a bit of a pumpkin taste. A bit. It wasn’t enough to gross me out, which was probably good. It was spicy, but not traditional chai spices (no cardamom, I don’t think…and I really like cardamom). Mostly just cinnamon. A sweetness from the candy pieces. And almost…creaminess? I’m not sure. Something else. Can’t quite put my finger on it. It wasn’t terrible. I’m still going to reserve main judgement until I try a full cup of this. Next time…

Verdict: judgement reserved for next time, but based on this sample of the tea alone I wouldn’t buy it.

For Thanksgiving morning, I knew exactly what I wanted- something cozy, sweet, and spiced. I love this tea and look forward to it every year. And now it is in my mug as a latte and I am happy.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Clove, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Vanilla

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Fjellrev

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

I don’t know why I felt like having this so bad, but it did not disappoint: the spices are just right and there is a wonderful rich brown sugar note at the end of each sip. I haven’t really had time to drink much tea lately whimper but soon things at work will calm down and I’ll be able to focus on things like having a life. :(