Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Black Tea, Caramel, Carrot, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Natural And Artificial Flavouring
Cinnamon, Clove, Pumpkin, Spices, Sugar, Sweet, Vanilla, Apple, Caramel, Carrot, Honey
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

From DAVIDsTEA

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, pumpkin pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

Ingredients: Black tea, cinnamon, cloves, lemon peel, squash, carrot, caramel bits, pumpkin candies.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

It’s weird: I am not usally a fan of chai, nor of pumpkin, but I tried this as a sample tonight and I actually liked it! I’m shocked by how much, really!

I’m really craving this right now. Hopefully David’s brings it back; I don’t see why they wouldn’t. The spice and the flavour profile is great, and it smells like a cup of autumn.

I tried to make the recipe thay recommend on pinterest, not so good, maybe in a diferent preparation.

This… this is the essence of fall in a tall travel mug on the chilly walk to class.
At first I thought it was a little weak on the pumpkin and chai flavors but it gets better with every sip!

I still have a semi-full tin of this from last October. Got some of it purely on the hype. However I have this weird…seasonal thing where I can only drink pumpkiny stuff in autumn, so I’ve not touched it since.

First try? I wasn’t thrilled, but.. in hindsight, I was prob’ly doin’ it wrong. >_> Its got loads of potential and I keep sniffing it everytime I rifle through the tea cupboard. Soon…

That said, it tastes like pumpkin. It smells like pumpkin and autumn and Halloween and weirdly enough that sweet smell of fallen leaves in the rain. Perfect for October. Mid-spring though? Hm…

EDIT: EUREKA. MY GOD WE HAVE IT.

Mama Owl found a recipe somewhere that DT posted for Pumpkin Chai. With much trepidation I followed. Turns out I’ve been doin’ it wrong this whole time. The flavour was too rich and I could never finish a full cup, but done indian style over the stove like a traditional chai? Topped with brown sugar and cream froth? Its like pumpkin pie. We have FOUND THE SECRET LADIES AND GENTS. Owlie can finally enjoy Pumpkin Chai. _ (Rating adjusted accordingly)

Perfect pumpkin chai tea…yummy! I put a little brown sugar and half & half. Delicious fall latte!

With scalded milk and a spoonful of brown sugar, this fall chai blissfully mingles warm pumpkin, sweetness, and spice.

Such a great flavoured chai. Great for Autumn with some steamed milk and brown sugar.

I’m disagreeing with the general consensus here. I do taste pumpkin, but I taste fake candy pumpkin. It’s WAY too sweet, too much like candy. I think the chai spices are well balanced. To cut the in your face sweet candy taste, I’ve been mixing it about 50/50 with my favorite straight black chai.
Glad others enjoy it, but it’s not for me.

Almost like a pumpkin chai! Delicious!