Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Black Tea, Caramel, Carrot, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Natural And Artificial Flavouring
Cinnamon, Pumpkin, Spices, Brown Sugar, Bergamot, Butternut Squash, Caramel, Carrot, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Nutmeg, Tea, Clove, Ginger, Cardboard, Creamy, Spicy, Sweet, Butter, Lemon Zest, Malt, Smoke, Maple, Sugar, Vanilla, Apple, Honey, Citrus Zest, Cloves
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

From DAVIDsTEA

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, pumpkin pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

Ingredients: Black tea, cinnamon, cloves, lemon peel, squash, carrot, caramel bits, pumpkin candies.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I had a bit of a rambunctious kinda day, lots of energy and spunk. I believe it was a combination of having a really good day of hanging out with friends and gaming yesterday and the promise of storms today. Also I found out that there is a massive hurricane out in the Pacific Ocean that has my name, I have been waiting for a Hurricane Amanda pretty much my whole life. I really hope that either its path or the tropical upheaval brings lots of rain to the Midwest so that the drought conditions lessen even more. That would please me immensely.

Well, I did it again, I forgot that seasonal teas are in fact seasonal and have missed the season to write the review for this tea. Oops, I promise that in the future when I get a seasonal tea I will not just write about it in my tea notebook, but will blog about it immediately. Pumpkin Chai from DAVIDsTEA was part of their 2013 Fall Collection and is a blend of Black Tea, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Squash, Carrots, Caramel Bits, and Pumpkin Candies. This tea really caught my eye when I saw that it was not only pumpkin spice themed, but also has squash bits! The aroma of this tea is very sweet and creamy with extremely strong spices. The cinnamon and cloves really overpower the rest of the aromas, but there is a faint hint of malt, pumpkin, and caramel under the potent spices.

As this tea sits and steeps, the delicious aroma of pumpkin and spices float out of the cup and around the room. The aroma is a blend of earthiness with much milder spices, and squash. Specifically the aroma of acorn squash and pumpkin bread. The aroma of the wet leaves makes me rather hungry for one of my favorite bread types. The liquid without the leaves is rather sweetly spiced with notes of creamy caramel and squash.

The initial impact of the taste is a tingly and numb feeling from the spices, it is a little overwhelming, but it quickly fades to mellow sweetness and spices. Adding cream and sugar (this is a chai after all) dampens the overwhelming spices, and now there is a rich caramel taste and strong squash notes. I still think that the spices are too strong, so much so that a few minutes after starting to sip this tea I started getting red in the face and breaking out in hives…sometimes that happens to me when I have too much cinnamon. I was really happy that this tea tasted like squash, but the abundance of spices really made this tea not a favorite.

For blog, photos, and a nice crafty tutorial: http://ramblingbutterflythoughts.blogspot.com/2014/05/davidstea-pumpkin-chai-tea-review.html

This is one of my favourite Chai teas, I think I would enjoy it more if it had more pumpkin flavouring. One of the teas that makes me feel cozy and warm on rainy days. Does taste very good with a splash of fireball in it!

So good. Wish I’d bought more of this when I had the chance. Doesn’t taste like the fake pumpkin flavor that’s so prevalent in the fall, it’s a good balance and very doable.

Another backlog from ages ago.

I was hoping this one would taste like pumpkin pie. The reviews raved about how pumpkiny and delicious it was. I, however, never really got pumpkin from this tea. I tried it plain, with sugar, with brown sugar, with milk, as a latte with cinnamon and every combination of those options. It was good, but flat, not the punch of pumpkiny sweetness the reviews promised.

Not a bad tea, but not one I’ll be reordering. :-/

Very dessert-like; reminds me of pumpkin pie. Like it a lot.
Maybe a bit intense, would not drink too often. If you want to make pumpkin chai latte, don’t make it 100% milk – it becomes stodgy.

I love chai teas however not a fan of this one. The after taste is bitter and lingers on your tongue. Something about the flavouring they had in there that is a little off, too artificial maybe? Definitely not enough spice for me. Once I had it brewed it was only bearable for the first few hot sips, after that I chucked it. Super disappointed as I’m usually a fan of all things pumpkin and chai.

Let’s face it: It doesn’t take like pumpkin. I was expecting it to, but really those pumpkin candies only add sugar, as they are pumpkin-shaped sprinkles. I was disappointed.

So perfect for fall! The little pumpkins make me smile. :)

I wanted something to warm me up on a cold winter night and this did the job. Inspired by the recent thread about what milk/cream people add to their teas, I tried adding vanilla almond milk with a bit of brown sugar… what I ended up with was pumpkin pie goodness. Honestly try adding a little bit of something to add creaminess to the tea and sweetness. So good!

Boiling 8 min or more

Soo delicious. One of my favourite teas for Fall. At least it used to be before I became allergic to cinnamon! The pumpkin flavour is authentic and not at all artificial like some pumpkin teas can be. Definitely recommend having some milk in this one. I just wish I tried making it into a latte before I became sensitive to cinnamon.