Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Black Tea, Caramel, Carrot, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Pumpkin Pieces
Caramel, Cinnamon, Pumpkin, Cloves, Creamy, Nutmeg, Pastries, Smoke, Spices, Artificial, Butternut Squash, Clove, Smooth, Sweet, Ginger, Molasses, Candy, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Vanilla, Brown Sugar, Bergamot, Carrot, Tea, Cardboard, Spicy, Butter, Lemon Zest, Malt, Maple, Sugar, Orange Zest, Apple, Honey, Citrus Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

2 Images

Celebrate the harvest

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, squash pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

Ingredients: Black tea, cinnamon, cloves, caramel (skimmed milk, sugar, glucose syrup, butter, sorbitol, mono and diglycerides), carrot, lemon peel, pumpkin candies (sugar, rice flour, cottonseed oil, soybean oil, corn starch, gum arabic, cellulose gum, yellow 6, conf

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Uh… what? I kinda sorta get chai, zero pumpkin, and a really weird aftertaste… more cardboard? Seriously? And it smells like red hot candies. I don’t get it. Least fav of the DAVIDs pumpkin teas. Now all I want is more of the pumpkin cheesecake…

Flavors: Cardboard, Cinnamon, Creamy

Seems like a cardboard kind of night for you. :/

Yea, makes me think I need to clean out my tea baskets – but these were the only cardboard ones – even since.

As per my usual fall ritual, I head down to my local DAVIDsTEA to pick up some more of this. Tastes pumpkin-y (is that a word?), warm, sweet,and spicy. Like autumn exploded in your mouth. Probably one of their best teas.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Pumpkin, Spicy, Sweet

Ya know…
This tea is actually growing on me. It’s like the perfect chai. Or at least close to it.
It’s not too chai-ish, which is why I really like it, and it’s not too pumpkin-y. I just find myself craving it…
I’m finding myself considering buying it since this is the last of the generous sample Boychik sent me. D:

On a side note, I actually wrote up a profile finally on here. xD I hate writing bios on websites. But figured it was about time. xD It kinda still sucks…but…it will get there one day…maybe. xD Unless I forget, which is very possible.
Anyway, this is a delicious and comforting tea.
Might have to buy it before it’s unavailable again :O

It was really good, your bio. I still have nothing to write about myself.

Aw, well thanks! I usually avoid writing those things as long as possible. xD But figured I’d give it a shot finally haha!

Can you do mine cause I’m lazy? Haha

Hah as long as you don’t mind yours looking super unprofessional then sureeee! :P I use too many faces on the internet…but I swear I’m not still 13!

The Cookie Lady

You’ve actually had something that’s TOO pumpkin-y? What is it???? I MUST have it!!!!!

This one totally grew on me too. I was also not impressed at first, but I bought a 3.5oz. tin this year!

It smells wonderful, my first thought was that I wanted a candle that smells like this before realizing they sell one :) I’m so disappointed in this though, all I get is flavored water not even sure what flavor. I wish I knew what to do with it to make it better, so many people love this tea.

I have a small pumpkin addiction, I bought so much pumpkin spice items last year I was sick of it by the time Thanksgiving came and even Christmas and it lasted throughout the summer. So, I was sure it would not be that bad this season but I was wrong it has come in full force this past weekend. Items we have had so far this year all pumpkin/pumpkin spice: glade, toaster strudel, cookies, candy, muffins, english muffins, cereal bars, Tazo tea, soda, 2 different kinds of yogurt, 5 different beers and I’m sure I forgot something.
Thank you Cameron B. for helping my curiosity on this one.

Oh boy! Do I have problems, when searching for this on steepster I noticed DAVIDsTEA has new pumpkin tea coming soon? Pumpkin cheesecake and Pumpkin patch!

Cameron B.

I was really disappointed by this one too. Maybe it’s not as good this year?

Amanda 'SoggyEnderman' Wilson

Mmm pumpkin season, I need to get a new pumpkin smelling candle for my desk, but I have a hard time replacing my pine needle one. I was really disappointed with this tea last year, it was too cinnamon-y and gave me a belly ache, though I did appreciate the actual bits of squash in the tea.

Maybe, I’m usually disappointed a little in most things pumpkin, I’m just extra disappointed in this. One of the reviewers said they make there own by adding a can of pumpkin on the stove-I think I will look up a recipe.
Thinking back my stomach was oddly upset last night, did not think about the tea being the cause. Amanda ,you do pine needle year round?

Amanda 'SoggyEnderman' Wilson

I too am often dissapointed by pumpkin things, so often they just taste like spice, I like the idea of using a can of pumpkin…I know there is a crock pot pumpkin chai recipe floating around that I mean to try.

I do have the pine needles year round, it is probably one of my favorite smells because it never feels intrusive, just a wintry background smell. It took me forever to find a candle that smells like pine needles and not pinesol, I refuse to burn it because I don’t want it to go away :P

So good! My new favorite tea of all time, which makes me sad that it’s only available seasonally. I’ve been drinking this every morning as a super strong latte with almond milk, and it’s really helped me with the transition of switching from coffee to tea. I’ve missed my pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks, but this tea is ten times better.

Truly tastes pumpkin-y, which is delicious. I wish it had a teensy bit more cinnamon flavor to it, but I’ve always been someone who loves the strong cinnamon flavor. I kick it up a notch by adding some of my own to the top of my latte. Amaaaaaaazing.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Pumpkin, Spices

7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

It’s a rainy day here in the desert! Still eighty degrees out, but it seemed like a good time to have my first cup of Pumpkin Chai for fall. I’ve been enjoying this tea for a few years; I try to save it for cozy autumn days, since I don’t have a lot left in my cupboard. Like everyone else says, it’s a tasty black tea, with lots of sweet caramel and pumpkin flavors. And it smells delicious, of course!

Enjoyed today’s cup with just a touch of honey. I don’t use sweeteners very often, but this blend is an exception. I find a little honey complements the caramel aroma, and highlights the sweet pumpkin notes.

Cold and drizzly and a tough Monday morning, all around. Definitely calls for a good, warming, comfort tea, and this fits the bill again. Very glad I picked up the Pumpkin Collection last week so that I don’t have to be too miserly with my initial Pumpkin Chai purchase. This one is so yummy!! It’s like having pumpkin pie for breakfast. Bumping it up 5 points for keeping me happy!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Roswell Strange was kind enough to get 20g of each of the fall teas I wanted to try and mail them to me. Thanks, dear! This one smelled amazing so I had to try it. The tea itself consists of very small black tea leaves with pumpkin-shaped sprinkles and a few pieces of cinnamon bark and dehydrated pumpkin mixed in. It smells delicious, like pumpkin pie filling combined with cinnamon candies and buttery caramels. I actually made this twice…

The first time, I did the suggested 1.25 teaspoons (probably closer to 1.5) for 4 minutes at 200 degrees. Brewed aroma was strong cinnamon candy with pumpkin and caramel undertones. And it basically tasted like weak cinnamon water. Blegh.

Second try, I did 2 teaspoons and steeped it for 5 minutes at the same temperature. And it basically still tastes like weak cinnamon water with a little bit of clove and maybe the teensiest hint of pumpkin if I squint my eyes and really look for it?

Overall, this tea is super disappointing to me… I could steep it longer I guess, but I don’t see that improving the flavor much and it’s already starting to almost get bitter at 5 minutes.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Clove

Aaaawww :(

Cameron B.

I’m really shocked, there are people who rated this at 100… I have more, so I’ll definitely try the stovetop method to see if that improves it. :/

Roswell Strange

So when I make this one, I overleaf and usually add milk to it. Sometimes I’ll do honey if I have any on hand – I’ve found it’s a bit better that way. I bought a gratuitous amount of this last year (100g) only to realize I am not a Chai fan; so I’m still working through most of that :P

From what I’ve heard, the whole fall collection has been a bit disappointing.

I honestly don’t the whole pumpkin drink thing. Who would want to d t ink pumpkin? Why is this such a ubiquitous fad???

Missing word: understand

Drink pumpkin. I give up on this Kin f2f level! (Kindle)

I like this one with a splash of milk and some brown sugar, or stovetop method is good. Definitely overleaf. Good luck!

More leaf+cond milk or maple syrup n milk

Mmmm, had this this morning with lots of sugar, some milk and vanilla whipped cream in it. So rich and tasty!

Oooh, vanilla whipped cream. Fancy!

I made cornmeal waffles this morning, and I always like whipped cream with waffles, so there was extra to throw into my cup. I usually find cream too rich for teas, but this was fantastic.

OMG those must be so good. I’ve been meaning to get a waffle iron since I love waffles in general, but cornmeal especially sounds like a genius idea.

Yeah. I love cornbread and so cornmeal waffles were just crisp and delicious. And incredibly dense. Definitely recommend them. :)

This tea was good as just tea but as a latte it was better!

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML