Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Lazey

From DAVIDsTEA

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, pumpkin pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

Ingredients: Black tea, cinnamon, cloves, lemon peel, squash, carrot, caramel bits, pumpkin candies.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM!!!! I love fall and this is the perfect tea for this time of year! Really good with a spoonful of brown sugar and I’m going to try it with a bit of milk next time!

Good as a latte but not crazy about it plain

This will be the tea that keeps me from slipping back to coffee

I am editing my original negative review. At first I was disappointed, since this did not taste like Pumpkin Pie, which is what I expected. But, I am changing my mind. Once I got over the initial disappointment, I found that this was something of a treat while I am watching what I am eating. It tastes a bit junky, like candy, with a fraction of the calories. I still like Saigon Chai better, but this tea has really grown on me.

the tea is good, but the after taste.. ew. 10 minutes after drinking it I had to brush my teeth to get rid of the taste

205 °F / 96 °C

Brown sugar, milk, foamy latte style, top with a dash of cinnamon and brown sugar. Sit back and enjoy a little non-denominational heaven. So good, it’s such a perfect mix of pumpkin and spice. I have three tins stored away and this is the tea that all my friends end up asking for when they come to visit.

I am new to Chai teas as my lactose intolerance prohibits me from drinking any dairy. When I bought the pumpkin chai, I asked the girls working at DavidsTea if they had tried it without milk- they said it was excellent. I purchased the tea and was excited to try it, it seemed like an ideal drink for a snowy winter day. After steeping my tea in the NOBLE tea tumbler, I tried the tea and was a little bit overwhelmed by the flavours. I added some brown sugar and a packet of sweetener and it was pretty good. I then poured half my tea into another mug and added lactose free milk (which i heated up a bit), this tasted much better! I am very diet conscious, so I’m not sure if I would drink this tea very often because of all the calories I have to add to it. I prefer my teas plain, sometimes with a bit of sweetener. Overall, it was a good tea and I understand all the good reviews about it. It is definitely best around thanksgiving or on a cold winter day!

185 °F / 85 °C

Was pretty good. Smells like pie and sugar. I didn’t get as much of the pumpkin (either in smell or taste) as everyone else, but it was still a very good cup of tea. Also, it got way better, in my opinion, after it cooled to room temp.

So I tried this tea again today. I think I must be doing something wrong i love pumpkin and I love chai but I just can’t get this tea to work. Today when I made it I made it plain no sweetener or milk which I would usually add to chai teas. It did taste better than previously but it was like it lacked flavour. Maybe I will try it again with hotter water and more tea. Really glad I only have the 25g from the fall collection.

I’m not a huge fan of flavoured black teas. I find the black tea overpowers the flavour.
But the pumpkin chai smells incredible, and I’ve finally found a way to enjoy it. A heaping 1.5 tsp of pumpkin chai steeped for 4 mins in one cup of boiling water. Then over the stove I mix a cup of vanilla soy milk in a sauce pan and add pumpkin spice latte syrup I bought at williams sanoma. You could probably use vanilla bean syrup too or just sweeten the soy milk with some agave or honey.