Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Lazey

From DAVIDsTEA

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, pumpkin pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

Ingredients: Black tea, cinnamon, cloves, lemon peel, squash, carrot, caramel bits, pumpkin candies.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

For me, drinking Chai tea has become somewhat of an acquired taste. I wasn’t a big fan of it from the moment I first drank it. I’m still not that big a fan. I prefer more fresh tasting teas like green tea!

And for this tea, I can’t say I loved it the moment I tried it either. The smell is absolutely heavenly, but the taste tends to just get really gross after the first couple sips.

I used soy and stevia as a creamer (as I do with most beverages), and I do believe it makes it a whole heck of a lot better, but still, as I said, the taste just gets really ‘buttery’ after a while.

OK, I have to get this out there before I go any further. I strongly dislike the smell of this tea, whether in the bag or in the cup. That being said, I have tried it twice now. The first was in a simple no-fuss tea with no additives. Meh. Not a fan.

The second was today, following the DT recipe: 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup water, 1 tsp of brown sugar and Pumpkin Chai on the stovetop. I had no hope for it turning out well (I should probably mention that I don’t like chai teas).

Verdict? I don’t like the smell. I don’t like chai. So then why do I actually like this?? It tastes nice and pumkin-y, and the milk makes it a creamy fall drink. I actually steeped it for only 4 minutes compared to the suggested 5-10, and will definately steep longer next time. Not a favorite, but I might actually enjoy going through the 25g I bought. Huh.

This tea is absolutely lovely. I’ve stocked up to make sure I’m good for at least winter! This tea is great with nothing in it, but is divine when you make it into the pumpkin latte! Milk, Whip Cream, and Cinnamon boost this tea to maximum enjoyment!

I really thought I would love this tea. I love pumpkin and I love chai. But no amount of milk or sweetener could save it. The flavor was musty – the best I can describe it as is rotten cinnamon. Makes me sad.

At first, I didn’t think I was going to really like the super sweet pumpkin chai, mostly because I’ve never actually had pumpkin tea or chai or latte that tastes like REAL pumpkin! This stuff was amazing! I had it paired with pumpkin creme brule and I was in autumn heaven!
I made a traditional chai this morning with this tea, steamed milk and honey and all. It worked beautifully. Definitely a great tea to have for a cozy autumn day.

I constantly missed out on this tea from going to the store at definitely the wrong times – took me a few trips to actually get my hands on it! When I finally did, it was well worth the wait. I am not a big fan of super strong and spicy chai teas, and this was the perfect substitute. It is a light chai, with an almost creamy taste, with a hint of pumpkin and spice. Definitely reminded me of thanksgiving. I’m just trying to make my little 50g to last until the next time it hits stores in the fall! Very delicious and a warm pick-me-up.

This tea is amazing! I have it almost every morning with breakfast…yum!!

Best tea ever…love it, wish it was available all year.

This is my all time favorite tea. I am so disappointed that it’s only seasonal. Store it in a tin to make sure it stays fresh. I am not sure why people are saying they don’t taste the pumpkin. I find perfect. I usually steep my teas very long. The taste is sweet but very warming and calming. I always add just a teaspoon of brown sugar and 2 of milk. It’s also amazing in a latte!

Yummm… Tastes like autumn. Not so much like chai, but I love pumpkin pie so appreciated the subtle pumpkin flavour.