Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Black Tea, Caramel, Carrot, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Natural And Artificial Flavouring
Cinnamon, Pumpkin, Spicy, Sweet, Spices, Butter, Carrot, Clove, Lemon Zest, Malt, Smoke, Caramel, Maple, Sugar, Vanilla, Apple, Honey, Citrus Zest, Cloves
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

From DAVIDsTEA

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, pumpkin pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

Ingredients: Black tea, cinnamon, cloves, lemon peel, squash, carrot, caramel bits, pumpkin candies.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Brown sugar, milk, foamy latte style, top with a dash of cinnamon and brown sugar. Sit back and enjoy a little non-denominational heaven. So good, it’s such a perfect mix of pumpkin and spice. I have three tins stored away and this is the tea that all my friends end up asking for when they come to visit.

I am new to Chai teas as my lactose intolerance prohibits me from drinking any dairy. When I bought the pumpkin chai, I asked the girls working at DavidsTea if they had tried it without milk- they said it was excellent. I purchased the tea and was excited to try it, it seemed like an ideal drink for a snowy winter day. After steeping my tea in the NOBLE tea tumbler, I tried the tea and was a little bit overwhelmed by the flavours. I added some brown sugar and a packet of sweetener and it was pretty good. I then poured half my tea into another mug and added lactose free milk (which i heated up a bit), this tasted much better! I am very diet conscious, so I’m not sure if I would drink this tea very often because of all the calories I have to add to it. I prefer my teas plain, sometimes with a bit of sweetener. Overall, it was a good tea and I understand all the good reviews about it. It is definitely best around thanksgiving or on a cold winter day!

185 °F / 85 °C

Was pretty good. Smells like pie and sugar. I didn’t get as much of the pumpkin (either in smell or taste) as everyone else, but it was still a very good cup of tea. Also, it got way better, in my opinion, after it cooled to room temp.

So I tried this tea again today. I think I must be doing something wrong i love pumpkin and I love chai but I just can’t get this tea to work. Today when I made it I made it plain no sweetener or milk which I would usually add to chai teas. It did taste better than previously but it was like it lacked flavour. Maybe I will try it again with hotter water and more tea. Really glad I only have the 25g from the fall collection.

I’m not a huge fan of flavoured black teas. I find the black tea overpowers the flavour.
But the pumpkin chai smells incredible, and I’ve finally found a way to enjoy it. A heaping 1.5 tsp of pumpkin chai steeped for 4 mins in one cup of boiling water. Then over the stove I mix a cup of vanilla soy milk in a sauce pan and add pumpkin spice latte syrup I bought at williams sanoma. You could probably use vanilla bean syrup too or just sweeten the soy milk with some agave or honey.

For me, drinking Chai tea has become somewhat of an acquired taste. I wasn’t a big fan of it from the moment I first drank it. I’m still not that big a fan. I prefer more fresh tasting teas like green tea!

And for this tea, I can’t say I loved it the moment I tried it either. The smell is absolutely heavenly, but the taste tends to just get really gross after the first couple sips.

I used soy and stevia as a creamer (as I do with most beverages), and I do believe it makes it a whole heck of a lot better, but still, as I said, the taste just gets really ‘buttery’ after a while.

OK, I have to get this out there before I go any further. I strongly dislike the smell of this tea, whether in the bag or in the cup. That being said, I have tried it twice now. The first was in a simple no-fuss tea with no additives. Meh. Not a fan.

The second was today, following the DT recipe: 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup water, 1 tsp of brown sugar and Pumpkin Chai on the stovetop. I had no hope for it turning out well (I should probably mention that I don’t like chai teas).

Verdict? I don’t like the smell. I don’t like chai. So then why do I actually like this?? It tastes nice and pumkin-y, and the milk makes it a creamy fall drink. I actually steeped it for only 4 minutes compared to the suggested 5-10, and will definately steep longer next time. Not a favorite, but I might actually enjoy going through the 25g I bought. Huh.

This tea is absolutely lovely. I’ve stocked up to make sure I’m good for at least winter! This tea is great with nothing in it, but is divine when you make it into the pumpkin latte! Milk, Whip Cream, and Cinnamon boost this tea to maximum enjoyment!

I really thought I would love this tea. I love pumpkin and I love chai. But no amount of milk or sweetener could save it. The flavor was musty – the best I can describe it as is rotten cinnamon. Makes me sad.

At first, I didn’t think I was going to really like the super sweet pumpkin chai, mostly because I’ve never actually had pumpkin tea or chai or latte that tastes like REAL pumpkin! This stuff was amazing! I had it paired with pumpkin creme brule and I was in autumn heaven!
I made a traditional chai this morning with this tea, steamed milk and honey and all. It worked beautifully. Definitely a great tea to have for a cozy autumn day.