Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Lazey

From DAVIDsTEA

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, pumpkin pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

Ingredients: Black tea, cinnamon, cloves, lemon peel, squash, carrot, caramel bits, pumpkin candies.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Dry Leaf Nose: Caramel, rich black tea and spices.

Liquor: Red-brown clear.

Flavour: Rich black tea flavour blends well with the pumpkin and spice. This is a rich and warming cup that speaks of fall.

Helena

A real treat :D

Sandra Brassard

The best flavored tea in the world!

DaisyChubb

Can’t wait to refill my orange tin from last year :D

TheKesser

This tea is amazing. I can’t say enough good stuff about it. :)

Cassie Eng

I’m more than happy that this tea has returned. It really made my day to drink this at the store and take it along with me during my grocery shopping trip. Delicious!

Drunk From Tea

Dear DAVIDsTEA,
I Love You!

I don’t know if I got a bad batch of this but the first time I drank it it was a little spicy and creamy. The second and third time it tasted musty, it just didn’t taste right. It even smells musty. So I am lowering my rating for this. I ordered it online before it came out again in the stores, so maybe they gave me a old batch.

Zoltar

i did find mine kinda weird too ( did not add my tasting note yet ) that the main problem with online ordering you can’t see or smell the thing you buy it’s all come to trusting where you buy (was my first online ordering from them not sure i will do it again since i got a David tea at nearly 20 minute from my house)

Indigobloom

I never liked this one. Tastes too much like uncooked pumpkin than any sort of pie.

Cedes

Zoltar it was my first online order from them too. The thing is I love chai and pumpkin. I think I might get a smal sample from DT and see if it tastes the same.

Teavangelical

Cedes, I would message DT and tell them that. Or you can take it into a store and see if they can help you out. Is there a DT near you?

Cedes

No I live far away from dt but o well, I gave it to a friend. She doesn’t mind it but its not her favorite either. If it happends again I’ll definitly try and email them and see :)

This tea smells exactly like my grandmother’s pumpkin pie — probably because I snuck a dollop of whipped cream in the mug. Even though I don’t add milk or sugar to my tea often, I think that this particular blend needs some additions. When this tea is steeping, it has a scent that is almost identical to a pumpkin candle.

Sipping… I’m happy that the spices are not too strong. They’re still present & add a warming character to the cup. This blend is creamy, thanks to the whipped cream. All of the flavors seem a little watered down — which is exactly what I detected when I had a few cups without any additions. It’s all a little bit thin even with whipped cream.

There is also an odd aftertaste that lingers in my mouth. It’s not enough to make me stop drinking this tea, but it reminds me of plastic. I don’t taste anything that is specifically pumpkin, but I think I’ll be able to draw out more of that flavor with some experimentation. I should also mention that there is a perfume-like note as well. The aftertaste and this flavor make me think I’m drinking a cup of melted pumpkin candle.

I think that this cup has so much potential to be something so tasty.. I just need to figure out how to make this tea wonderful.

Having some now, with some eggs and toast, on this rainy fall day in Victoria. It is so so so comforting. I admit that this is my 2nd cuppa today, so this infusion is not very strong..I probably should have added the last bit I had to the Steeper, but I will do that on the next round.

Even though this steep is weak, I do have to say that I still pick up the spices…it just doesn’t have that pumpkiny note that I get normally. This is still one of my fall faves though.

Have you seen Heaven? I think i just did!!!
This tea is the most amazing Tea,I work at an eye drs office and I cant get to my tea very often so when I do The bags have usually sat for like 4hours in the water and its cold, Let me say though that this was the best cup of Pumpkin tea ever!!! THIS IS BETTER THEN STARBUCKS PUMPKIN LATE!!! the pumpkin by the time i got to it was sooo Bright i could have danced! I am not saying to Brew this for 4 hours before enjoying but this is one of thoughts teas that only gets better with more brew time!

tigress_al

Try it as a latte! Even more amazing!

Amanda

Lol. You could have danced, now thats some good tea!

1.5 tablespoons for 375 ml

Creamy, slightly sweet, spice flavours well-balanced.

In my bag from last fall I didn’t quite have enough left for an entire mug of this so I cut it with some Caramel Spice from last fall’s collection. The resulting franken-tea was Caramel Pumpkin Chai. Oh heck yes.
It was mostly the Pumpkin Chai that I know and love, with a tiny bit of that caramelly, orangey, spicy warmth from Caramel Spice. It was seriously fantastic.
I seem to have timed it right to use up my Pumpkin Chai bag, because I see it’s now re-released! I’ll have to place an order for that and a bag of Toasted Marshmallow.

Fjellrev

Sounds like a delectable combination. I love this one, and I’m sure you’ll like the Toasted Marshmallow too.

First real day of fall = Pumpkin Chai time. It’s cold outside today and I’m wearing a big sweater… omg this is what I’ve been waiting for all summer. Fall is my favourite season and I am so super happy right now.

still going on this amazing sample from Vanilla Beans

I made a latte with this yesterday and I’ve been testing out different temps and amounts of original almond milk. So I used a little more than one third almond milk, heated in a glass container in the microwave for 1 minute and frothed with a hand frother. Put that in the mug, then put in the teabag that I made (1.5 tsp of loose tea), then poured hot water over it, and added a few rocks of rock sugar. I realize that with a latte you pour the water and milk together or you pour the milk second so I will have to try that.

Overall, I think it came out really well. I know a lot of people shy away from anything other than whole milk in lattes because other types of milk are too thin. A local tea shop owner here told me that soy creamer works really well. I find that the almond milk has a creamy thickness to it that lighter cow milk and soy milk don’t have. There’s also a nice sweetness to the almond milk I use, so it was a really nice treat!

and in just reading the other reviews, I think that adding BROWN SUGAR needs to happen in my very near future…ummm that’s basically a pumpkin chai pie latte.

Lala

If you want really thick milk, try adding the sugar to the milk before you froth it.

Jackie T

definitely definitely trying this tonight! thanks!

ashmanra

I always use skim milk in mine! I didn’t know any better and I Iike it just fine, so I guess I will keep on.

My first ever tea in my new Timolino! (A big thank you to my partner for this very thoughtful gift… my other one is a) plastic and b) has been dropped a few to many times :( )

So it’s my first day back at work after the Christmas/New Year’s holiday season and I am seriously wishing I was able to take the 2nd and the 3rd off too… My brain keeps saying things like “I’m sorry you want me to do what???” (That said I’d rather a short “back to work” week than a long one so there’s always a silver lining… somewhere :D )

To go along with this mental state I seriously couldn’t figure out what tea I wanted… I knew I wanted tea but everything I smelled just wasn’t “it.” In the end it came down to Santa’s Secret, Sweet Ginger Heat, Stash’s Green Chai and this one which seemed to be a combo of the two moods I was in, sweet and spiced. In the end though I’m still really disappointed that DT made such a significant (to me anyways) change to this blend, it’s just very weak in the spice area compared to prior blendings.

Don’t get me wrong it’s still a nice tea but it just doesn’t wow me like it did… Oh well there’s other Pumpkin spiced teas out there, now I just have an excuse to try them all! :D

Tuscanteal

I’m feeling the same way about work. What did they change about it this year?

Kirlika

The spice just doesn’t have the same… oomph as it did previously (for me anyway.) It sill has a nice pumpkin/squash flavor but I’m finding that I have to over-steep it to get any distinct spice flavors (rather than the spices just being side notes.)

Dexter

Kirlika – you are after me in the Canadian Traveling Tea Box. I have 5-6 pumpkin teas – I can toss some samples for your into the box if you like….

Kirlika

:D I’d love that! Thank you so much!

Speaking of, is the box still showing as “Item accepted”? I’ve noticed that CP has been having a hard time keeping their tracking updated.

Dexter

Yep, it’s “Item accepted” and nothing else, but on the bar it’s “in transit” with expected delivery tomorrow. I’ll give it til Monday – then if I don’t get it then will open a case number. Needs to be after “delivery standard” to open a case…. Not panicking – but like when I can see where packages are.