Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Lazey

From DAVIDsTEA

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, pumpkin pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

Ingredients: Black tea, cinnamon, cloves, lemon peel, squash, carrot, caramel bits, pumpkin candies.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

So, remember when all the fall teas went away and this one didn’t? I actually don’t know what the plan is. Like, is it in store for good? Are you going to take it away from me soon? ARE YOU GOING TO GIVE ME ENOUGH WARNING TO BUY FIVE KILOGRAMS OF THIS?
these are the things that keep me up at night

Sweet Canadian

Yeah, I don’t know if you saw on the facebook page yesterday, but a bunch of people were like “please start giving us a month’s notice when you discontinue sometime.” Maybe they will listen.

Cavocorax

I hope they listen. To be honest I didn’t realize this was still in stores – just emptied my tin and was trying (with no luck) to de-scent my tin for oolong.

Maybe I just need to refill my tin…

DaisyChubb

mmm I neeed to remember to fill up my tin!

Teavangelical

Yeah. I need to start making sure my staff is aware of what is leaving and letting our regs know if one of their favourites is on it’s way online. Gail’s Cold Remedy is on it’s way to online exclusive-ville and I need to stock up and keep forgetting

I know that many people are in love with this tea, and while I thoroughly enjoy it, it is not my favourite tea from David’s. I tried steeping it longer today (I think around 9 minutes), which helped “fill out” the tea, but I still find the flavour a little separate from the tea (if that makes sense at all).

Boiling 8 min or more
Cavocorax

I wasn’t too sure about it until I had it with a bit of brown sugar and cream; then it was love.

petitecanuck

I never thought of that!!! Now I’m very excited

I’m still getting the taste of this tea and liking it more and more but I’m afraid that by the time I start to full on love it I will be out. :/

Anyone tried this one with milk?

Ysaurella

Do you find any Davids tea products in UK or do you import their teas ?

KittyLovesTea

Davids Tea don’t ship to the UK (or anywhere outside of USA/CANADA) so unfortunately I cannot import them directly. Instead I got lucky and someone had a set on eBay that was willing to ship to the UK.

Ysaurella

yes you’re lucky :)

I took this to work again with me today. It is one of the few chai teas that I really love. The sweetness from the squash works so well with the spices and subtle heat of the cinnamon. I could have sweetened my cup this morning just a touch more, but, even a little short on sugar, it was still pretty great!

Yvonne

I have a little bit of this on hand from a wonderful person and I’m now looking forward to trying it :D Sounds delicious!

VariaTEA

They are selling this 40% off on the web specials page on DAVIDs site. Of course that means you need to buy 250 g though…

mewakeling

@VariaTEA- thanks for telling me. I might have tried this today to ensure that I wanted 250 grams. I think a large bag is going great to have to be mine. :-P

@Yvonne- I look forward to seeing what you think. I love it with a bit of sweetener. I hear it also pairs great with milk if you can do dairy.

I’ve been curious about this version of chai since before becoming a Steepsterite. But I’m very cautious to actual purchase a new one until I can taste it. I really should have thrown caution to the wind this time…

For my first cup, I chose to prepare this “The Ultimate Pumpkin Chai” way, and MAN is it good! (Note to self: try increasing the chai by a half teaspoon for even more pumpkiny goodness!) This is mostly creamy pumpkin with some cinnamon and nutmeg spice notes – Not spicy like some chais. I can’t wait until I place another DT order as this will surely make it into cart – especially since it’s being offered in a special tin. :) (I’m a sucker for those!)

Much thanks to tattooed_tea for sharing a sample of this (and so many others)!

tattooed_tea

Glad you like it. This is by far my FAV black tea. I recently purchased it in the new country tin.

This was my morning tea last year on my first day of school so I thought it was only fitting to bring some to my first class of the year today. Fall is my very favourite season and this tea is just synonymous with fall for me. This will be the third fall that I’ve enjoyed it and it is so lovely..warm and perfectly spiced, comforting and familiar, creamy-pumpkiny, and just the right amount of sweetness.

It took me a little while to fall in love with Pumpkin Chai. The first year I tried it, I thought it was much too weak. I’m used to a strong, bold, dark chai and this one’s a little more delicate. I like to add a little extra leaf and let it steep a bit longer to really bring out all of the flavours. I love it with a small spoon of brown sugar and milk but I had it with white sugar today since I was lazy this morning. Not quite as rich, but still pretty great.

The more I drink this, the more I enjoy it. Maybe it’s the nostalgia factor it’s beginning to have on me; bringing up memories of past falls, but regardless, I’m pretty darn smitten with this tea.

Decided to try this in a different way today. I filled about 2/3rds of my travel mug with milk and added some hot water. Then I took that and put it in a pot on the stove. Added 2tsps of brown sugar and about 2 tsps of the loose leaf and turned the heat on. About 5 minutes later I turned the heat down to low after the liquid was boiling. Then I left it for 3 minutes and strained it back into my travel mug. It didn’t quite fill the mug so I added some cold milk (which also allowed me to drink it right away) and OMG. This was a-ma-zing. I can’t say enough good things about this. It did change the taste a little and I lost some of the pumpkin pie in a mug flavour but there was still pumpkin and the cinnamon came out even more. It also thickened it up some. I will be doing this again when I have the time and am not just quickly making a tea before we walk out the door. Soooo good.

Jessie

Mm, I’ve been wanting to stovetop this in milk. In fact I think I might do it right now.

Faith

One way to keep more of the pumpkin pie flavour would be to steep it in hot water for a couple minutes, THEN add it to the hot milk on the stove. That way the steeping process is jump-started and the milk can’t totally interfere with it.

Cattibrie

Good idea Faith. Thanks. I did this again tonight and steeped it for a little longer in the milk and it was even better. I will give your suggestion a try also.

The winter teas are on their way out at DAVIDs and I still have this lying around. I decided that I should start working on this as it is one of my older teas in my cupboard and should get finished. This is not as good as I remember but still a pleasant enough cup. It is a touch more oily than I recall but then again that seems to be the case with many DAVIDs teas.

Awww yeah, pumpkin chai and pumpkin tim bits!

Cattibrie

I love the Pumpkin Muffins at Tim Hortons.

Dorothy

Yeah, October/Pumpkin month is pretty sweet!

This is a good tea for an afternoon treat. Not something I’d have first thing in the AM, since it’s a little sweet (in a good way though, I promise), but very, very tasty.

I haven’t tried making it as a true chai – mostly because I’m too lazy for the stovetop – but it’s still a treat when simply steeped with hot water from the electric kettle and taken with a splash of milk.