Pumpkin Chai

Black Chai Blend
Black Tea, Caramel, Carrot, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Natural And Artificial Flavouring
Cinnamon, Pumpkin, Spices, Butter, Carrot, Clove, Lemon Zest, Malt, Smoke, Caramel, Maple, Sugar, Sweet, Vanilla, Apple, Honey, Citrus Zest, Cloves
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

From DAVIDsTEA

Let’s face it, the best thing about fall is pumpkin pie. And this spiced black tea is arguably just as delicious. It’s got all the warmth of cinnamon, pumpkin pieces, cloves and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy. For a true autumn treat, top it up with steamed milk and stir in a spoonful of brown sugar. It’ll make you wish it were fall all year round.

Ingredients: Black tea, cinnamon, cloves, lemon peel, squash, carrot, caramel bits, pumpkin candies.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea is friggin perfect. It screams fall like an October ride through Vermont to look at the foliage :) It is the perfect amount of chai and pumpkin, real pumpkin, not fake tasting what-so-ever. I feel like eating pumpkin pie when I drink this. Get it, you won’t regret it!

Alright, this HAS to be my last tea of the night. Last night I didn’t fall asleep until three in the morning because I just had to have those late cups (I thought I was playing it safe going with white tea). Anyways, this is a nice cup to finish off the day. Unfortunately, I think I overdid the cream this time so the tea flavor isn’t as strong as I would like it to be, but it’s still very good. To me, this tastes EXACTLY like a pumpkin spice latte, but that’s not a bad thing…I love lattes. And yes, I do drink coffee…I’ve tried to replace it with tea in the mornings but I’ve found that tea doesn’t come close to giving me the energy that coffee does. As you can see I tend to ramble off-topic sometimes. But anyways, I am enjoying this tea. As a side note, I love the little candy pieces and other assorted decorations that DavidsTea puts into their blends, it’s a little cheesy but it makes the experience a little more fun and I imagine buying from one of their stores would be like being in a candy shop of sorts.

Bonnie

Last is right! You drank a lot of tea today…gurgle…trips to the john…up all night…oh yeh…you’re a student…you’re up all night anyway right! Hope you had a good time with it since that’s what it’s all about ;)

Did anyone else notice that there’s two entries for this here on Steepster?

Anyway, I almost don’t want to taste this because I’m enjoying the scent too much. Yes, I’m practically huffing it! It smells like you’re baking a pumpkin pie in the oven whilst steeping chai on the stove all at once.

And that’s what it tastes like, too. The pumpkin is perfect, and the spices are perfectly balanced and warming. It’s absolutely delicious!! In my chai-adventures, there’s only one other I think I’d prefer over this one: LiberTEAS’ Masterpiece Chai.

I know this is a seasonal tea from David’s…someone please, just tell me that it’s a recurring seasonal tea.

I can taste the pumpkin, which is nice… however I am not sure I would categorize this as a chai for myself. The spice is not very strong. I am enjoying this cup of tea but it is not one of my favorites from my recent order. (I think my favorite is the Buttered Rum!!!)

This sample came way back when from Bigelow (Aisling of Tea) way back when. I think it had gone past its prime—I didn’t taste much in the way of pumpkin, more deliciously sweet and milky chai goodness.

I followed the preparation directions from a post on the forums. I think next time I make this I’ll use less water (maybe 1/4 cup). I have some on the way in the DT order I recently made, so I will have lots of opportunities to perfect this. Also, I really want this to be super pumpkin-y, so that way I can actually taste the pumpkin. It isn’t too much to ask, right?

I like this tea best when prepared using David’s recipe for their ‘Ultimate Pumpkin Chai Latte,’ simmered slowly on the stovetop in equal parts water and milk. Brown sugar is a must and it doesn’t hurt to add a bit more than 1 tsp of tea per 8oz liquid because the milk can mask the flavors. Top with whipped cream & a sprinkle of cinnamon for a really indulgent treat.

8 min or more

Dry, I definitely got the chai scent, but found it also smelled like candied pumpkin, so I wasn’t sure how this one was going to taste. The smell really started to come through as it steeped- mostly of pumpkin and cinnamon. I added a bit of milk to mine. The taste wasn’t what I expected. I thought it was going to be a lot sweeter based on how it smelled, but it was actually quite refreshing. Not overly strong, it tastes like good chai with natural pumpkin added.

It was pleasant but not overly amazing. I’m not sure if this is one I would restock or not. I’ll have to give it another try.

Got this in a swap, I think from Daisy, perhaps? It’s been sitting in my cabinet waiting for a day when I just wanted a cup instead of a full pot. I caught the cold from hell and spent the last two days at home, sleeping until 1ish. Upon waking, I figured a full pot of black wouldn’t be the best idea if I wanted to sleep more so I made a cup of this each day.

Now don’t get me wrong, I love 52 teas and all, but I sometimes find they use a spice in their chai-type teas that I don’t like. I have their pumpkin cheesecake but it had that same spice that bugged me. I like this much better. It really hits the spot that I was looking for in terms of the tea equivalent of the pumpkin spice latte. I’ll have to order this sometime!

DaisyChubb

Yay glad it hit the spot!
I’m quite partial to this one over 52 teas pumpkin as well, but I’m hoping the other pumpkin teas will grow on me too :)

Glad they brought this back! I experimented today – about 1/3 of the ‘perfect tsp’ of this, with about the same (a bit less) Oh Canada, steeped for 3 to 4 minutes. I added a bit of maple sugar and some 10% cream – something I never ever do! I tried cream in my tea a long time ago and hated it, but recently read someone else’s recommendation to add some to this tea and it honestly works. It’s just like a warm piece of pumpkin pie with some fresh whipped cream on top, and the Oh Canada kind of balances the pumpkin more, plus gives it a tiny hint of maple!!

Cattibrie

I’ll have to try this when I get my order tomorrow. Can’t wait to try this tea.

DaisyChubb

ITSSOGOOD!

Amariel

Oooh! Might have to get some of that to try, and more Pumpkin Chai to play with.