Genmaicha

Green Tea
Green Tea, Popped Rice
Green, Nutty, Popcorn, Rice, Roasted, Salt, Salty, Toasty, Toasted Rice, Vegetal, Sweet, Grass, Butter
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Watch out, it’s addictive

Some people call Genmaicha popcorn tea because it contains whole roasted grains of brown rice, some of which have popped. Others call it the Rice Krispie of green teas. Either way, genmaicha was originally drunk by poor Japanese who used the rice as a filler because they couldn’t afford enough tea leaves. It soon became all the rage. Today, everyone is addicted to its sweet, toasted rice flavour.

Ingredients: Japanese-style green tea, roasted rice.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

DELICIOUS!! You want tea that tastes like the stuff you get from the sushi shops? This is it….only BETTER!

This is one of my all time favourite teas, and not just from David’s. I love going to Japanese restaurants, and they always serve this variety of green tea before each meal. I make a cup of David’s genmaicha when I need a positive pick-me-up after a stressful day.

One of the best out there.

This is my comfort tea and go-to tea. You know those days where you don’t want a flowery tea, a sweet tea, or a dessert-like tea? This is the one. I love the toasted rice and the popcorn, the nutty flavour is quite nice and comforting. It’s very light tasting, and goes down well. I like to drink this while I’m eating! Especially sushi, haha. All in all, a great basic tea. Sometimes simple is best.

My favourite go-to green tea. It’s great when I’m feeling full and/or bloated from a meal – like a neutralizer of sorts

Wow! This was my first time trying genmaicha, what an interesting tea! It tastes so earthy and nutty. I can definitely see this as a mealtime tea.

I picked a sample of this up (and two others) at DAVIDsTEA when I was refilling my Glitter & Gold tin last weekend. I’m not a fan of green tea, but I figured trying just one cup of this wouldn’t hurt. It actually turned out to be quite good. I find it has a really toasty and healthy taste. It tastes just as it smells, which is nice. It really reminds me of these whole-grain crackers I tried once.

I can actually say I don’t mind this green tea at all, it has no bitter aftertaste like pretty much all green teas I’ve tried have had, so I could probably drink this again. :) I let my hot tea cool down to taste it cold, and find both are quite nice. Glad I ended up picking up this sample in the end!

It was exactly what I expected. Lovely Japanese restaurant style green tea. I loved the brown rice and popcorn and had been looking for something like this to add to my cupboard. It reminded me of when I worked in a Japanese restaurant in high school. You can never go wrong with this style of tea in the evening. My daughter loved it so much she actually at the steeped tea leaves, brown rice and popcorn – whatever floats your boat I guess.

Nice genmaicha. I love the light green color of the tea; some other genmaicha that I’ve tried had a darker color brew, which isn’t the case for this brand’s tea.