Saigon Chai (organic)

Black Chai Blend
Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves, Ginger, Indian Black Tea, Natural Flavours, Pink Peppercorn
Clove, Cardamon, Cinnamon, Peppercorn, Pepper, Ginger, Spicy, Cloves
Medium
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “I know I go through this all the time, but I have found the Saigon Chai sweet spot! I had another 50 g tucked away somewhere and brewed a cup today. Only 2 or 3 minutes to steep and I shook out the...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 709 tasting notes
  • “This tea had an ‘accident’ this morning and ended up down the drain. The flavoring brings it over the top to that sickly sweet candy place. I infinitely prefer chai that relies on the...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 2216 tasting notes
  • “Tea 7 in my chai quest. I was expecting this to be cinnamon heavy. I think Davids usually are. This one isn’t really that bad, it’s peppery and spicy – but not really as...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 998 tasting notes
  • “This is one I’ve been wanting to try, so I grabbed it on my recent order. It’s a decent chai, although not my favorite. It does remind me of fall, as most good chais do. And it’s...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

It’s back!

In the 1950s, Saigon cinnamon was one of the finest spices on the market. But then came the Vietnam War, and exports ground to a halt. Half a century later, it’s finally comeback time. Prepare for dark, sweet perfection. This blend of Assam tea, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, cloves and pink peppercorns is on another level of delicious. Try it iced, Viet-style, with sweetened condensed milk. (MK Kosher)

Organic: Fair Trade Certified Assam black tea, Saigon cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, cloves, pink peppercorns. With organic and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

To say I’m a fan of chai is to say that Picasso was just an okay painter. So when I say this is the best I’ve ever had, it’s an impressive feat. The wonderfully potent aroma fills the room in a way only beaten by the flavour hits the palate like a freight train (of tea awesomeness). A wonderfully strong chai with a very noticeable cinnamon. Avoid oversteeping though, it will become too bitter after about 6 minutes.

Highly recommended!

This tea smells spicy and sweet. Still not sure if I really am a fan of chai teas, but this is still tasty.
The cinnamon really comes through whether it’s dry or steeped. That with the other spices gives it a bit of warmth, so it’s definitely a good drink for cold nights. And it’s one of those teas that look pretty, with the red peppercorns and bits of cinnamon and clove.
I put a little honey and milk in mine and let it steep for about 5 minutes, but I think it would be even better in a latte (or iced with sweetened condensed milk like they suggest ;)

This is a queued tasting note.

#ProjectTeaWall

…And all of the Chai blends officially tried! Until they come out with new ones, anyway.

Honestly, I didn’t taste any major differences between this one and Chai & Mighty. I think I’d probably have to do a direct comparison to tell them apart and you know what? I don’t want to. That said, this one as a latte with some honey? As someone who doesn’t like Chai, that was pretty good!

I can definitely taste the cloves in this. Warm, tasty, and great on a chilly day!

Flavors: Clove

2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

My favorite tea for making chai lattes. Not my favorite for plain tea, but as a tea latte, my absolute favorite. The cinnamon shines when mixed with milk, and I adore how spicy a chai it is. Too often I find chai’s are not spicy enough, and this tea delivers a wonderful blend of spices, almost more spice then tea. The bite from the peppercorns is a wonderful twist.

I’ve been working my way through trying all of Davids Tea’s chai teas as I really do enjoy a good chai, but this one was disappointing. All the elements seem to be there, but something just doesn’t work or mix for the right spicy sort of flavor that I associate with chai. To me, it almost ended up tasting mildly fruity? Definitely picking up on the sweetness that others have mentioned. It tastes to me almost like the spice blend used to make hot apple cider in the fall, and actually if it was fall I might even use this to spice my homemade cider. But for a tea, and especially a chai tea, to drink on its own…its just not doing it for me and I dont think I’ll buy it again.

I should have heeded the label and description of this tea with warning. I think it would actually taste best with the recommended “sweetened condense milk” because this is stark, peppery, spicy tea that has my eyes bulging out of my skull. Drinking it straight really had my taste buds go in for a wild dance of some sorts, but it felt more out of control rather than a happy cuppa… It smells amazing as a dry leaf. I will finish my small 30g bag, but will not repurchase. I prefer the other chai’s from DavidsTea.

One of my favorite chais. The pink peppercorns add a really nice touch.

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Peppercorn

Saigon cinnamon is the nicest tasting cinnamon in my opinion, it has this amazing sweetness. So this one is my favourite chai.

I’m quite disappointed by this tea. There are so many better chai teas on the market than this one.