Chocolate Chili Chai

Black Chai Blend
Aleppo Chili, Ancho Chili, Black Tea, Chocolate, Lily Petals, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Red Peppercorns
Chocolate, Spicy, Earth, Peppercorn, Dark Chocolate, Pepper, Cocoa, Spices, Cinnamon, Creamy, Vanilla, Red Fruits, Cream, Fruity, Bell Pepper, Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by ashleeeyyy88

• “It’s only November and I’m already getting antsy for spring. The days seem so gray and dreary, and the nights are already so dark and cold. On the bright side, at least this cold weather is a...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 357 tasting notes
  • “This smells AWESOME!!!!! Like if you were in a kitchen with Chocolate Cheesecake and peppers! That’s the aroma I am getting BUT it’s...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “Having a cup of this while in switchboard today. Unfortunately, today it isn’t quite what I wanted. The chocolate is still rich and bold, but I am not in the mood for that. I think I’m...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 707 tasting notes
  • “I totally meant to go to DavidsTea for Pom Power but before I made it out, I’d spent $20 and walked out with 7 other teas. I am so bad when it comes to deals. The moral of this: Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes

Hot, hot, hot

Is winter giving you the shivers? Try this fiery southwest chai. A blend of black tea, chocolate and ancho and Aleppo chilis, it gives new meaning to the term “hot chocolate.” With its sweet, rich chocolate flavour and feisty finish, this bold blend is perfect base for the ultimate latte with a little frothed or steamed milk. If you really want to feel the heat, add a splash of cinnamon whisky. Arriba!

Ingredients: Black tea, chocolate bits, red peppercorns, lily petals, aleppo chili, ancho chili, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is one of those teas that I love in store as a sample but can never in my life figure out the way to make it the same. It sucks because I purchased a lot of it and now poof gone. I couldn’t drink any way I made it and so to the compost it went.

Mexican heaven

Flavors: Chocolate, Peppercorn

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Yesss! Delicious!

We don’t really taste the chill peppers so much in this but I would simply describe this as a good chai with chocolate bits.

I brewed it the other day at work and everyone around me were saying how it smells good.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cinnamon, Spices

205 °F / 96 °C

Chocolate chili chai tea latte made with chocolate milk! Yes please!

Obviously the chocolate milk was adding more chocolate than the tea here, but the tea added a nice mixture of spices. Wouldn’t have minded some whipped cream on top though, just to really make it healthy. A nice variation on hot chocolate.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML

This swap from EmilyGee smells so chocolatey-licious that I just had to have it as soon as I got the envelope open. Plain, it’s nice. Chocolate on the front end with some spiciness coming in mid-sip and building throughout the cup. Some rice milk really makes the chocolate pop, but it also mutes the spiciness. Which is not the end of the world – this ended up tasting like warm chocolate milk, i.e. awesome. Unfortunately, this turned out to be one of those black teas that hurt my stomach. Still, I’m glad I got to try it. Thanks Emily!

Flavors: Chocolate

I got this tea as a gift over Christmas but since I generally don’t like chocolate in tea I hadn’t tried it yet until I opened it up recently for a swap. I like spicy chais so I thought I might like this.
Steeped for about five minutes – and I don’t get any strong taste from this tea. Adding a tsp of sugar really brings out the chocolate flavour to this tea – unfortunately I don’t get any spicyness of chai but I decided to make it into a latte anyways (generally prefer chais this way). And it’s really nice – still more chocolate than spice but it’s still a good cup of tea!

This was another one I bought to try to see if it would make the shelf. Oh my deliciousness. Upon opening the bag it had a strong chocolate smell and almost no chili/pepper smell which was good because Mango Diablo was too spicy for me. This tea is absolutely fabulous though I do think I’ll only keep it stocked for cold weather, I can’t see this being a good summer tea. I love the tiny bit of warmth at the end of the sip, lovely for this bitter weather.

The first year David’s introduced this tea as part of their winter collection I was hooked. I’m a huge fan of spicy chocolate and this tea didn’t disappoint. I can’t drink this tea cold or in warm weather, but it makes dreary fall days and frigid winter days much more enjoyable!

I usually add milk or turn it into a latte, but I don’t add sweetener. It is one of my favourites, and I felt relief and joy when David’s made this permanent.

Flavors: Chocolate, Peppercorn

I picked out this tea today, thinking it was one of the holiday flavors, but I think this is a staple at Davids Tea. No regrets! The chocolate and black tea together make for a rich, coffee-like flavor, coupled with the cinnamon-spice flavors of a chai tea. The peppers are definitely more low-key, even when I oversteeped this, almost undetectable in the scent of the dry leaf, and very mild in the brew itself. I like the idea of this blend and it is an enjoyable brew, but I’m someone that likes my tea with a lot of spice, so I think Davids could kick it up a notch next time.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cinnamon, Cocoa, Spices, Spicy, Vanilla

This was my first experience buying from a David’s Tea store, and let me tell you, it threw me for a loop.
I walked into the franchise at my local mall, hoping to pick up a good cup before my two hour Political Science lecture. Firstly, I was overwhelmed by the massive selection, and it took me a minute to even start reading the labels. Fortunately, the salesgirls were patient and happily serving another customer before me.
I settled on Chocolate Chili Chai as soon as I saw it. Chocolate, spice, chai, what could go wrong?
I ordered the cup, and wait a couple minutes for it to steep (and cool!) before taking my first sip where I was shocked. Where was the spice? I was definitely not expecting it to be more chocolatey than spicy.
After calming down and coming to terms with the drink, I did enjoy it, because who doesn’t love chocolate? I found some chili hints at the last of my sips, but would have enjoyed a more thorough flavour
I now know to do my research before ordering and I’m incredibly happy that I found this site, all the users are so insightful…now I just have to pick up on the lingo.
tl;dr This is a good tea, but the name is misleading.

Flavors: Chocolate