Chocolate Chili Chai

Black Chai Blend
Aleppo Chili, Ancho Chili, Black Tea, Chocolate, Lily Petals, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Red Peppercorns
Chocolate, Peppercorn, Cinnamon, Cocoa, Spices, Spicy, Vanilla, Red Fruits, Cream, Fruity
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by ashleeeyyy88

• “It’s only November and I’m already getting antsy for spring. The days seem so gray and dreary, and the nights are already so dark and cold. On the bright side, at least this cold weather is a...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 351 tasting notes
  • “This smells AWESOME!!!!! Like if you were in a kitchen with Chocolate Cheesecake and peppers! That's the aroma I am getting BUT it's certainly MORE Chocolate than chili and I am VERY happy...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “Having a cup of this while in switchboard today. Unfortunately, today it isn't quite what I wanted. The chocolate is still rich and bold, but I am not in the mood for that. I think I'm really in...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 699 tasting notes
  • “I totally meant to go to DavidsTea for Pom Power but before I made it out, I'd spent $20 and walked out with 7 other teas. I am so bad when it comes to deals. The moral of this: GUYS! IF YOU...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Hot, hot, hot

Is winter giving you the shivers? Try this fiery southwest chai. A blend of black tea, chocolate and ancho and Aleppo chilis, it gives new meaning to the term “hot chocolate.” With its sweet, rich chocolate flavour and feisty finish, this bold blend is perfect base for the ultimate latte with a little frothed or steamed milk. If you really want to feel the heat, add a splash of cinnamon whisky. Arriba!

Ingredients: Black tea, chocolate bits, red peppercorns, lily petals, aleppo chili, ancho chili, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I think I’ve decided I just don’t like chocolate tea anymore. When I first tried this tea in 2012 I LOVED it. I thought the amount of heat from the chilies was perfect and the chocolate balanced out the spice so it wasn’t too overpowering. Of course, when they brought the tea back last winter I immediately went out and bought 100 grams (big mistake on my part). I keep going back, thinking I’m going to like it again, but it’s just meh to me now. I’ll finish the rest of my tin, but I definitely learned my lesson to be weary when DavidsTea re-introduces a tea and not buy a ton without tasting it again.

3 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Jen M

I learned that the hard way with Mom’s Apple Pie, too. Bought a ton, found out it was changed the hard way, and struggled to finish it. Bah. yuck.

emmy

I didn’t care for Mom’s Apple Pie either, then again, I never had it the first time around! I hate when they change the ingredients in a tea :(

To be honest, I was really disappointed with this tea and I love all chocolate teas. I was quite hesitant when first purchasing it because I am not a fan of chai teas at all. But nevertheless, I took a leap of faith and purchased it because of the overwhelming smell of chocolate and it smelled amazing. So I took it home and made it, and was surprised that I didn’t taste the spice from the chili peppers or peppercorns. Overall, it was an okay chocolate tea.

Flavors: Chocolate, Peppercorn

Sample sipdown!

For breakfast this morning, I had leftovers from last night’s dinner – a spicy soup made with chicken, corn, beans, peppers, cilantro, and some chipotle.

I figured that this chai blend would be a fitting accompaniment, considering the chili peppers. I thought that the spices would match.

However, I didn’t get much spice from the tea at all, and instead got a whole lot more chocolate. This wasn’t a bad thing so far as it went, but my tastes are gradually moving away from David’s Tea, so I don’t like their chocolate teas as much as I used to.

Still, this wasn’t a bad way to start off the morning. And I need the sipdowns!

I decided to try my sample of this tonight. This tea confuses me. It is so close to a hot chocolate I had to double and triple check inside my cup to see if it actually was. Is this tea? Hot chocolate? mmm But it isn’t a good hot chocolate flavour to me. It tastes a bit artificial and too sweet for my taste. I like the heat sensation I get in the back of my throat after each sip. I do not get enough Chai spice taste for my liking. Overall a good substitute for hot chocolate. I will need to try this tea again.

MissLena

Yay you’re back on steepster logging notes!:D

charchar

Haha yes I am but still may be on and off till we are moved. 19 more days!!!!!!!!!! Then I will be back for good :)

Well, I can see the chili’s, I just wish I could taste them. Even so, it’s a decadent, thick and very rich tea, although I get more ‘chocolate tea’ than I do even chai. Hm. Still tasty, it’s just… completely different than what Iexpected based on the ingredient list and name.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cream

Fjellrev

I didn’t get any heat from them either, and yes, chocolate more than anything else!

Chocolate Chili Chaiii!!! (I have this weird way of saying it every time I drink this tea, and my tea experience is not complete unless I say it that way I do) You are A-W-E-S-O-M-E! Its, chocolate, chill and chai, need I say more?

On a more serious note, this tea is freaking awesome! I have restocked multiple times and it is a staple in all my chocolate cupcakes (seriously, ground it up super fine and mix it in, you won’t regret it) I’ve only had the courage to drink it hot. Straight, with milk and/or agave/honey, it doesn’t matter its great all ways! I tastes like a typical chocolate black tea with a hint of pepper and a little pepper after taste. All I can say is MMMmmmmmMMMmmmm

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

lots of chocolate – the first few sips were divinely dark. didn’t taste much spice and expected a bit more fire with the peppercorns and chilis, but hardly felt any heat at all till a few sips in. and even then only a little, more like a slight warmth. added a bit of half and half which brought out the chilis slightly. might try a longer steep next time.

Flavors: Chocolate

Chocolatey with just enough spice to make it interesting; love this, even when it’s almost cold! Definitely in my top 5.

One of the best teas that David’s Tea has to offer! If you are looking for a subsitute to hot chocolate, this is it. The chilli is subtle and can linger on in your mouth which is quite enjoyable. I would reccomend this to someone to broaden their tea selection and to non tea drinkers.

Just love this.