Chocolate Chili Chai

Black Chai Blend
Aleppo Chili, Ancho Chili, Black Tea, Chocolate, Lily Petals, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Red Peppercorns
Chocolate, Peppercorn, Red Fruits, Spices, Cream, Fruity, Spicy
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by ashleeeyyy88

• “It’s only November and I’m already getting antsy for spring. The days seem so gray and dreary, and the nights are already so dark and cold. On the bright side, at least this cold weather is a...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes
  • “This smells AWESOME!!!!! Like if you were in a kitchen with Chocolate Cheesecake and peppers! That's the aroma I am getting BUT it's certainly MORE Chocolate than chili and I am VERY happy...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “Having a cup of this while in switchboard today. Unfortunately, today it isn't quite what I wanted. The chocolate is still rich and bold, but I am not in the mood for that. I think I'm really in...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 697 tasting notes
  • “I totally meant to go to DavidsTea for Pom Power but before I made it out, I'd spent $20 and walked out with 7 other teas. I am so bad when it comes to deals. The moral of this: GUYS! IF YOU...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Hot, hot, hot

Is winter giving you the shivers? Try this fiery southwest chai. A blend of black tea, chocolate and ancho and Aleppo chilis, it gives new meaning to the term “hot chocolate.” With its sweet, rich chocolate flavour and feisty finish, this bold blend is perfect base for the ultimate latte with a little frothed or steamed milk. If you really want to feel the heat, add a splash of cinnamon whisky. Arriba!

Ingredients: Black tea, chocolate bits, red peppercorns, lily petals, aleppo chili, ancho chili, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Very chocolaty, but I would have like it a little more spicy.

This tea added a spin on my love for hot chocolate. I loved how the aroma would fill up the room with the sent of chocolate and a spicy undertone. However, what I loved even more is the flavors, the chocolate was not overwhelming and the chili peppers added the right amount of heat. Currently my favorite in my cupboard.

I’m not a huge fan of spicy things, but this one was still very nice. I guess you could say that I was feeling impulsive when I tried it?

I’m not saying that it wasn’t spicy (It was very spicy), it was a special spice that warms you up on the inside on a cold winter day :)
Again with putting flowers in the tea. By the way I am totally okay with this. Finding flowers in my tea is just so special.

Also, I ordered some other teas online, and when I went to pick it up at the post office, the lady saw the David’s tea box, and she mentioned that she loves David’s Tea! We got into a whole conversation about tea, and this tea came up in that conversation for some reason. She said it was her favorite of the winter collection!

The first time I had Mexican hot chocolate was in World literature class in high school; after all four of us in the class had finished the exam, our poe-faced teacher frothed some milk and made the delicious treat from compressed cakes of chocolate and spice.

This tea with lots of milk is fantastic when I want to capture some of that fond memory without the calories. You can really taste the chocolate and the chilli.

Added rock sugar, milk and a teaspoon more of tea then I normally would for the cup and it tasted like hot chocolate. It has a very strong chocolate smell to it as well. I’m definitely stocking up come fall.

This is my favourite tea. I love the spiciness with the chocolate flavour. So far the best chocolate tea I’ve had.

I was expecting more of a kick from this tea, but it’s a surprisingly mild-mannered chai, despite the visual presence of peppercorns and chili pieces. It is a bit thin-tasting, but not unpleasantly so. All in all, it’s more like a cocoa with a pepper taste to it, but I wouldn’t call it spicy. It’s not bad, just that I prefer other chocolate chai blends.

I don’t understand the hoopla about this tea. It smells divine, but I thought it was a bit bland and bitter. Maybe I have to experiment with steeping times. Could not detect the chilis at all.

Not bad for black tea, reminds me of an apple spice kind of taste, appropriate for winter, the cinnamon is a good addition to the tea

The smell of this tea is wonderful! I was underwhelmed with the flavour until I added a splash of light Vanilla soy milk and I found that brought out the flavours and made it nice and smooth.