Chocolate Chili Chai

Black Chai Blend
Aleppo Chili, Ancho Chili, Black Tea, Chocolate, Lily Petals, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Red Peppercorns
Chocolate, Peppercorn, Cream
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by ashleeeyyy88

• “It’s only November and I’m already getting antsy for spring. The days seem so gray and dreary, and the nights are already so dark and cold. On the bright side, at least this cold weather is a...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 350 tasting notes
  • “This smells AWESOME!!!!! Like if you were in a kitchen with Chocolate Cheesecake and peppers! That's the aroma I am getting BUT it's certainly MORE Chocolate than chili and I am VERY happy...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “Having a cup of this while in switchboard today. Unfortunately, today it isn't quite what I wanted. The chocolate is still rich and bold, but I am not in the mood for that. I think I'm really in...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 682 tasting notes
  • “I totally meant to go to DavidsTea for Pom Power but before I made it out, I'd spent $20 and walked out with 7 other teas. I am so bad when it comes to deals. The moral of this: GUYS! IF YOU...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1617 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Hot, hot, hot

Is winter giving you the shivers? Try this fiery southwest chai. A blend of black tea, chocolate and ancho and Aleppo chilis, it gives new meaning to the term “hot chocolate.” With its sweet, rich chocolate flavour and feisty finish, this bold blend is perfect base for the ultimate latte with a little frothed or steamed milk. If you really want to feel the heat, add a splash of cinnamon whisky. Arriba!

Ingredients: Black tea, chocolate bits, red peppercorns, lily petals, aleppo chili, ancho chili, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This one is good but very mild, I wish the flavour was stronger. Not really spicy, just a tiny hint of the chili – I was hoping for a bit more spice.

I’m not so sure how I felt about this tea, I received it as a gift for Christmas and it seems to have failed my expectations. I can’t describe how, but I expected it to be sweeter I guess. It’s somewhat tasty, but not. I’m just trying to finish the last couple cups from my bag, and I don’t plan repurchasing.

I’ve just finished my bag of this tea, and I was a little disappointed in it. I know it’s generally gotten and lot of love, and definitely a lot of hype. That probably has something to do with my disappointment. It just set the expectation a bit too high I suppose.

It’s not that there’s anything specifically wrong with it, so I can’t give it a failing grade. The chocolate comes through just fine, and the chili flavour does (provided you let it steep long enough). Once, in an effort to get a bit more chili kick I added a few dried chili flakes to the mix. Let’s just say I never did that again. In all seriousness though, I think the main thing I found a bit lacking was the chai itself. It just seemed a bit weak to me, and as much as I drank it I always found it to be a bit wanting.

Would I recommend it? Maybe. Would I get it again? Probably not.

Final verdict. Good but not great. If you’re going for the comfort drink a nice thick hot chocolate might be a better bet.

YUM!!!
I made this into a latte today. It smells amazing to begin with. As a latte it tastes like warm spicy hot chocolate, which is so good! I was worried because I don’t like many of the chocolate teas but this is amazing and the amount of chocolate is just enough. I will definitely have to go back to get the 100g tin.

So had this for my morning tea because who doesn’t like drinking a cup of chocolate-tasting stuff in the morning! Tried it with some milk this morning, it takes the bite of the chili which I’m not sure if I like or not but it definitely smooths out the chocolate flavour and makes it taste like hot chocolate! Definitely recommend it – also made it drinkable quickly. Next time I plan to add another tsp just to make it stronger.

I’m not really a fan of chai. But this one is subtle enough that I like it. Plus it has chocolate, so how could you go wrong?

Nom!

Brews a dark, rich spicy tea. Works really well as a dessert tea. Nice blend of peppercorn and chocolate. Good with and without milk.

this tea is by far my favourite of the season ve had it for less than a month :) yum!

Excellent scent. Taste was a slight let down. Not as chocolately as I was hoping for, and I didn’t get much of the chili flavour.

I like this one strong. The tea taste is unpronounced, most of the spices taking the reign. It’s one of the things I love about this tea. It’s not extremely spicy unless fully steeped.

Boiling 8 min or more