Chocolate Chili Chai

Black Chai Blend
Aleppo Chili, Ancho Chili, Black Tea, Chocolate, Lily Petals, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Red Peppercorns
Chocolate, Peppercorn, Cinnamon, Cocoa, Spices, Spicy, Vanilla, Red Fruits, Cream, Fruity
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by ashleeeyyy88

• “It’s only November and I’m already getting antsy for spring. The days seem so gray and dreary, and the nights are already so dark and cold. On the bright side, at least this cold weather is a...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 351 tasting notes
  • “This smells AWESOME!!!!! Like if you were in a kitchen with Chocolate Cheesecake and peppers! That's the aroma I am getting BUT it's certainly MORE Chocolate than chili and I am VERY happy...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “Having a cup of this while in switchboard today. Unfortunately, today it isn't quite what I wanted. The chocolate is still rich and bold, but I am not in the mood for that. I think I'm really in...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 699 tasting notes
  • “I totally meant to go to DavidsTea for Pom Power but before I made it out, I'd spent $20 and walked out with 7 other teas. I am so bad when it comes to deals. The moral of this: GUYS! IF YOU...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Hot, hot, hot

Is winter giving you the shivers? Try this fiery southwest chai. A blend of black tea, chocolate and ancho and Aleppo chilis, it gives new meaning to the term “hot chocolate.” With its sweet, rich chocolate flavour and feisty finish, this bold blend is perfect base for the ultimate latte with a little frothed or steamed milk. If you really want to feel the heat, add a splash of cinnamon whisky. Arriba!

Ingredients: Black tea, chocolate bits, red peppercorns, lily petals, aleppo chili, ancho chili, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

YUM!!!
I made this into a latte today. It smells amazing to begin with. As a latte it tastes like warm spicy hot chocolate, which is so good! I was worried because I don’t like many of the chocolate teas but this is amazing and the amount of chocolate is just enough. I will definitely have to go back to get the 100g tin.

So had this for my morning tea because who doesn’t like drinking a cup of chocolate-tasting stuff in the morning! Tried it with some milk this morning, it takes the bite of the chili which I’m not sure if I like or not but it definitely smooths out the chocolate flavour and makes it taste like hot chocolate! Definitely recommend it – also made it drinkable quickly. Next time I plan to add another tsp just to make it stronger.

I’m not really a fan of chai. But this one is subtle enough that I like it. Plus it has chocolate, so how could you go wrong?

Nom!

Brews a dark, rich spicy tea. Works really well as a dessert tea. Nice blend of peppercorn and chocolate. Good with and without milk.

this tea is by far my favourite of the season ve had it for less than a month :) yum!

I grabbed this in my latest DT haul. I remembered enjoying it enough to go through a tin or two of it in previous years, but tastes do tend to change, so there was a teensy bit of worry. Still, I’m not one to turn down chocolate in any form, so, into the cart this went when I was topping off my online order. Trying it this morning, and it’s . . . actually really nice. There’s a lot of melty dark chocolate, and the peppers peek out mid-sip, before coming out to play at the finish. It’s soothing and warm, and the tongue-tingling sensation is welcome on such a grey, chilly morning. This should never be labelled as a chai blend—it’s far too thin, and the spices are very one-note—but for what it is (a simple, spicy chocolate tea), it’s enjoyable, and I’m glad I grabbed a full tin. It’s going to make this winter way more pleasant.

Excellent scent. Taste was a slight let down. Not as chocolately as I was hoping for, and I didn’t get much of the chili flavour.

I like this one strong. The tea taste is unpronounced, most of the spices taking the reign. It’s one of the things I love about this tea. It’s not extremely spicy unless fully steeped.

Boiling 8 min or more

I tried this tea at the Trois-Rivières DAVIDsTEA boutique.
I can’t say i dislike this tea, but i can’t say that i love it. It was okay to taste it but i don’t think i’m gonna buy some.
I had some expectations on this new tea cause everybody was telling me this tea was so special and so spicy. Finally, it wasn’t spicy as i expected. The chocolate is interesting.
I like to drink tea when it’s very hot ot very cold. I don’t like much “just warm” tea and this sample was only just warm. Maybe i’ll taste it again but with very hot water…

I’ll start off by saying that I’ve tried this tea in almost every way you can try a tea. I’ve had it in latte form, mixed in with coffee, steeped, with agave, with fixings, without sugar, with sugar, with milk, iced, just everything, so believe me when I say I’ve tried the hardest one can try to like it. First off, saying it’s a ‘chai’ is a stretch on the part of DAVIDsTEA. It tastes more like a rooibos, and that may be why I’m so reluctant to say I’m fond of it; it claims to have full flavours, but doesn’t quite deliver on any of the fronts. Almost nothing they say about this tea is accurate, from the spicey note they claim it has to the robust chocolate flavour the name alludes to. The chocolate taste, however, is at least somewhat obviously there. It’s not at all as peppery as the package claims and it relies solely on the mini chocolate chips in the tea mixture to give it any flavour beyond the default ’it’s tea’ taste. There are peppercorns in the bag/tin, but I hesitate to believe they don’t just disappear during the steeping process.
In the end, it tastes like chocolatey mud water, made slightly thick with melted chocolate.

If you’re hungering for a chai, I would recommend coco chai rooibos! It really is a much stronger player. And if you’ve got a hankering for chocolate, ladies, Chocolate Rocket is superior.