Chocolate Chili Chai

Black Chai Blend
Aleppo Chili, Ancho Chili, Black Tea, Chocolate, Lily Petals, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Red Peppercorns
Chocolate, Peppercorn, Red Fruits, Spices, Cream
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by ashleeeyyy88

• “It’s only November and I’m already getting antsy for spring. The days seem so gray and dreary, and the nights are already so dark and cold. On the bright side, at least this cold weather is a...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes
  • “This smells AWESOME!!!!! Like if you were in a kitchen with Chocolate Cheesecake and peppers! That's the aroma I am getting BUT it's certainly MORE Chocolate than chili and I am VERY happy...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “Having a cup of this while in switchboard today. Unfortunately, today it isn't quite what I wanted. The chocolate is still rich and bold, but I am not in the mood for that. I think I'm really in...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 694 tasting notes
  • “I totally meant to go to DavidsTea for Pom Power but before I made it out, I'd spent $20 and walked out with 7 other teas. I am so bad when it comes to deals. The moral of this: GUYS! IF YOU...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1691 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Hot, hot, hot

Is winter giving you the shivers? Try this fiery southwest chai. A blend of black tea, chocolate and ancho and Aleppo chilis, it gives new meaning to the term “hot chocolate.” With its sweet, rich chocolate flavour and feisty finish, this bold blend is perfect base for the ultimate latte with a little frothed or steamed milk. If you really want to feel the heat, add a splash of cinnamon whisky. Arriba!

Ingredients: Black tea, chocolate bits, red peppercorns, lily petals, aleppo chili, ancho chili, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Excellent scent. Taste was a slight let down. Not as chocolately as I was hoping for, and I didn’t get much of the chili flavour.

I like this one strong. The tea taste is unpronounced, most of the spices taking the reign. It’s one of the things I love about this tea. It’s not extremely spicy unless fully steeped.

Boiling 8 min or more

I tried this tea at the Trois-Rivières DAVIDsTEA boutique.
I can’t say i dislike this tea, but i can’t say that i love it. It was okay to taste it but i don’t think i’m gonna buy some.
I had some expectations on this new tea cause everybody was telling me this tea was so special and so spicy. Finally, it wasn’t spicy as i expected. The chocolate is interesting.
I like to drink tea when it’s very hot ot very cold. I don’t like much “just warm” tea and this sample was only just warm. Maybe i’ll taste it again but with very hot water…

I’ll start off by saying that I’ve tried this tea in almost every way you can try a tea. I’ve had it in latte form, mixed in with coffee, steeped, with agave, with fixings, without sugar, with sugar, with milk, iced, just everything, so believe me when I say I’ve tried the hardest one can try to like it. First off, saying it’s a ‘chai’ is a stretch on the part of DAVIDsTEA. It tastes more like a rooibos, and that may be why I’m so reluctant to say I’m fond of it; it claims to have full flavours, but doesn’t quite deliver on any of the fronts. Almost nothing they say about this tea is accurate, from the spicey note they claim it has to the robust chocolate flavour the name alludes to. The chocolate taste, however, is at least somewhat obviously there. It’s not at all as peppery as the package claims and it relies solely on the mini chocolate chips in the tea mixture to give it any flavour beyond the default ’it’s tea’ taste. There are peppercorns in the bag/tin, but I hesitate to believe they don’t just disappear during the steeping process.
In the end, it tastes like chocolatey mud water, made slightly thick with melted chocolate.

If you’re hungering for a chai, I would recommend coco chai rooibos! It really is a much stronger player. And if you’ve got a hankering for chocolate, ladies, Chocolate Rocket is superior.

I guess I was expecting more of a spicy flavour? I had a chocolate bar from Rocky Mountain that had chili in it, and I guess I was expecting it in this tea. (How unrealistic.) It tastes like a chocolately chai. Nothing really special to me, but it’s probably not one of my favourite teas. Tastes alright with some cream and agave mixed in, hot, of course.

Oh man, I loved this tea. (Trust me, love isn’t too strong a word to describe it!)
It’s a complex blend of flavours, with chocolate definitely singing through, though has a nice little kick to it from the Ancho and Aleppo chilis.
I sampled this one from David’s winter collection 2010 and this may have been the tea to hook me on loose leaf tea.
Either way, oh, so very, very yummy!

It smells like dark chocolate and warms like chillies – what more could you ask for on a cold winter day? The warm, sweet, chocolatey aroma is right at home in this black tea. The taste is perfect on its own, so there’s no need to add sugar or milk. This tea is the ultimate warm-up and an instant favourite of mine.

I’m not a big fan of this tea. I bought it on the recommendation of a friend who loves it. I found the chocolate underwhelming (and better saved for hot chocolate) and the spice that it totes as having I didn’t find. I kept waiting for that nice kick that others have described. I’m going to try this one as a latte and see if it makes any difference.

Chocolate and a hint of heat. Pretty good.