Chocolate Chili Chai

Black Chai Blend
Aleppo Chili, Ancho Chili, Black Tea, Chocolate, Lily Petals, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Red Peppercorns
Chocolate, Peppercorn, Cream
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by ashleeeyyy88

• “It’s only November and I’m already getting antsy for spring. The days seem so gray and dreary, and the nights are already so dark and cold. On the bright side, at least this cold weather is a...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 350 tasting notes
  • “This smells AWESOME!!!!! Like if you were in a kitchen with Chocolate Cheesecake and peppers! That's the aroma I am getting BUT it's certainly MORE Chocolate than chili and I am VERY happy...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “Having a cup of this while in switchboard today. Unfortunately, today it isn't quite what I wanted. The chocolate is still rich and bold, but I am not in the mood for that. I think I'm really in...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 675 tasting notes
  • “I totally meant to go to DavidsTea for Pom Power but before I made it out, I'd spent $20 and walked out with 7 other teas. I am so bad when it comes to deals. The moral of this: GUYS! IF YOU...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1397 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Hot, hot, hot

Is winter giving you the shivers? Try this fiery southwest chai. A blend of black tea, chocolate and ancho and Aleppo chilis, it gives new meaning to the term “hot chocolate.” With its sweet, rich chocolate flavour and feisty finish, this bold blend is perfect base for the ultimate latte with a little frothed or steamed milk. If you really want to feel the heat, add a splash of cinnamon whisky. Arriba!

Ingredients: Black tea, chocolate bits, red peppercorns, lily petals, aleppo chili, ancho chili, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Loving this tea now. I have steeped for the recommended time and put milk in it. Wow. What a difference. I need to order some more of this before it goes away because it is amazing. Especially after it has sat for a bit. That is when you get the Chili hit from it.
Can’t say enough good things about this tea now. Glad I have given it another chance.

It’s an orgasm during midterms, your knight during your finals. It’s a friend, a companion you cannot leave without once you taste it. It’s strong and spicy, the way I like my teas to be. Because it’s a black tea, it’s extra strong, extra spicy. You want it in your pants during winter, you want it breathing down your neck. It’s a lover, a friend and a damn tea you should have with you forever.

Yes, I’d marry it if I could.

I was really excited for this tea.. like.. REALLY. And it just did not live up to those expectations. I just found that there wasn’t really a distinctive flavour to it at all. I didn’t taste the chilis AT ALL. Boo. I’ll try putting a little more in it next time and see if that pumps it up.

Tasting more spice this time, which is nice. Still a lot of chocolate, but the spice is coming through, which provides a good counterpoint to the sweet chocolate.

I steeped this for a lot less than I usually do, and that probably helped.

4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

The smell of this up close kindof reminds me of.. like a muddy rainy lawn. Like wet vegetation. But, from farther away, just having the mug on my desk, it smells much sweeter and more appetizing. So far, two coworkers have come by my desk to determine the source of the heavenly “baking” smell in the office. =p

This is definitely a black tea, but the chocolate comes through towards the end of the sip. The peppercorns come through similar to Read My Lips. Not so much as “spicy hot”, but more as adding depth to the flavour. I would almost describe it as “tasting warm”? If that’s a thing? As the cup cools, the tea base is taking more of a back seat to the flavourings, which I don’t mind that much (I’m more of a fan of herbals and rooibos drinks).

I would not call this a “sweet” tea, despite the chocolate notes. It does have nice depth of flavour though. And, despite coworkers telling me otherwise, the smell just is a bit “wet cut grass” for my tastes.

I did not think this tea was going to be so mellow and rich tasting. I was expecting a more in your face chai, but the surprise is nice. I love this tea for what it is and it tastes like a mellower hot chocolate to me. I love love love love it. Praises for DavidsTea bringing this back as a permanent item.

Another tea that I was feeling kind of meh about. I’ve been on a latte kick lately, so I got this one as a latte as well. By the smell I thought at first it might taste a little like my beloved Love Tea #7, but fell short and ended with a really weird aftertaste which I think was supposed to be the chili, but with no spice. Disappointed again!

I was surprised by this tea. For some moods it was terrible, for others it was perfect. Absolutely Mexican hot chocolate for me, and a sample I wish I’d gotten more of while it was around. A damn shame indeed.

Whiskey Buzz

it’s come back!

Vanitea

David’s Tea, please be closer to me so I can spend all of my money in you.

Increasing the amount of tea & adding cream and sugar really helped me like the tea – 4tsp for my full travel mug steeped for 7 minutes. It isn’t hot like I thought it’d be, just a hint of chili (barely) but the chocolate smell and taste is satisfying.

Got this before Christmas because I was curious. Chocolate and spicy AND Chai? Consider me sold. Anyway, got this as a latte to-go the same day. The only downside I found was the chocolate tastes a bit too artificial. Others have complained about it not being spicy enough, I dunno, any more spicy than this and it would be overpowering. This one’s definitely best as a latte though.

Wonderful for winter. Might be good iced too.