Winterberry Wine

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “I've decided that I don't really enjoy cider-type drinks. So I added some black tea (mystery brand!) and milk (1 teaspoon of winterberry wine, 1 teaspoon of black tea and I eyeballed the milk)....” Read full tasting note
    DMTea 318 tasting notes
  • “Just a few days ago I discovered David's Tea at the mall. They had a tea of the day and gave me a sample, it was this tea. The second the tea was in my mouth I was filled with joy and warmth. It's...” Read full tasting note
    Lulimon 3 tasting notes
  • “Oh my goodness this tea was a delight. Definitely the highlight of David's 2010 Winter Collection. It was rich, spicy and tasted a bit different each time. And it smells so Christmasy and...” Read full tasting note
    teghanteapot 23 tasting notes
  • “Winterberry Wine had to of been my absolute favorite tea out of the winter 2010 collection. As long as i didn't steep it for too long, it was wonderful, such a unique taste. Great as a right...” Read full tasting note
    Francescaah 7 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

On a frosty winter’s day, nothing could be more inviting than good company and a glass of mulled wine. With allspice, cinnamon, hibiscus and licorice, this cranberry herbal captures the delicious feeling of that first hot sip welcoming you in from the cold. Steep alone, or simmer in red wine for a treat with all the coziness of a holiday party. It’s enough to melt the heart of Scrooge himself.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I’ve decided that I don’t really enjoy cider-type drinks. So I added some black tea (mystery brand!) and milk (1 teaspoon of winterberry wine, 1 teaspoon of black tea and I eyeballed the milk). Unfortunately the black tea I used gets undrinkable after 3 mins, so the spices didn’t get to sit for the full 6 mins.

I like this combination a lot better. Its like a sweet and fruity chai with a bit of a kick (not much of one unless you spike it w/ something else).

Like I said, I am not crazy about cider but I am looking forward to working it into some other teas I want to get rid of. Some peppermint or sencha are next on the list of things in my mind to throw in with Winterberry Wine. Or perhaps I will mix the Chocolate Chili Chai with this too, since I hardly drink that.

Will I buy more Winterberry Wine when I run out? No. But I am enjoying mixing it with other tea I have. :)

Note: This isn’t a bad drink, I just don’t care for cider (“fruity spiced water”).

Michelle Butler Hallett

Very helpful review. Thanks.

Jaime

I’ve been eyeing this one and wasn’t sure about it. I do enjoy ciders, so I think I’ll be ordering some of this to try out! Thanks!

Dorothy

Thanks for the comments, sorry this particular review wasn’t very informative. Its not an impressive cranberry cider, but it is enjoyable.

Just a few days ago I discovered David’s Tea at the mall. They had a tea of the day and gave me a sample, it was this tea. The second the tea was in my mouth I was filled with joy and warmth. It’s naturally sweet with a fruity and cinnamon taste that made me think of a winter scene (in a happy way).

I personally let the tea steep for 10 minutes and let it cool before drinking (I feel it tastes a bit sweeter that way). It does say on the label the water temperature must be 98 degrees C, and it does get the flavour out thoroughly.

This is a limited edition holiday tea, so get it while it’s still available!

Boiling 8 min or more

Oh my goodness this tea was a delight. Definitely the highlight of David’s 2010 Winter Collection.

It was rich, spicy and tasted a bit different each time. And it smells so Christmasy and actually really British.

I will have to go and buy more before it is phased out for the year.

I was drinking this continuously while undergoing a ‘As Time Goes By’ marathon – so the smell of this tea will always remind me of Judi Dench and Jeffery Palmer.

As long as i didn’t steep it for too long, it was wonderful, such a unique taste.

Great as a right before bed tea.

My last cup of winterberry wine, before my stash ran out, was so sad.

I really hope David’s Tea brings it back.