Santa's Secret

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Peppermint, Sprinkles
Chocolate, Peppermint, Vanilla
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

• “I picked this up on the weekend since i was trying to remember if i liked it or not. I still do, so that's good to know, though it's less wonderful than the first time i had it as my tastes have...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4840 tasting notes
  • “This tea is so good. Too bad I steeped it in my Timolino tumbler. I gave it 20 minutes to cool with the lid off but still managed to burn my tongue so badly that an hour later it still feels...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1673 tasting notes
  • “It's official, Santa's Secret is my Pumpkin Chai. Love and adore this blend. My amazing and wonderful mother in law found me some soy egg nog for the holidays and sent an unopened carton home with...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1220 tasting notes
  • “Santa Baby, Coming down my chimney tonight... But only with this tea! Creepiness of that song aside, this tea is still going strong. Delicious, creamy and smooth, it has a richness that is...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 688 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Need a little helper?
Ever wonder how Santa manages to deliver all those presents in just one night? Well here’s the hush-hush formula. He uses a special combination of Chinese black tea, peppermint leaves and spices – all sprinkled with real little candy canes. It’s both energizing and remarkably soothing. All Santa needs is one cup and his motto changes from “ho ho ho” to “go go go”

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, peppermint leaves, candy cane sprinkles.

1.5 tsp of tea at 98°C / 208°F for 4-6 min

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Mmmm! I only bought 16g, just enough for a few tastes! I will be ordering some more online before it goes, it is really good. I love read my lips, and I love mint tea, so while I expected to like this I didn’t really expect it to be too different. It’s really nice; the black tea base is perfect and it is minty but not too strong. It has a sweetness to it too – an excellent candy cane dessert tea :) It’s different enough from teas I’ve already tried to make me want to get more.

Not just for Christmas!

Santa’s Secret is one of the first teas I ever purchased from DavidsTea and I am just as happy with it now as I was those many years ago. One of my favorite combinations of mint with black tea, Santa’s Secret is a playful and delicious brew that I personally enjoy all year long.

Unsteeped, the tea has a strong smell of sweet peppermint and vanilla that initially drew me in. Once steeped, the tea has a strong peppermint flavor from the leaves, a light sweetness from the candies, and of course the rich, bold flavor of Chinese black tea. Unfortunately I find the vanilla flavor is less prominent once the tea has steeped which was a bit of a disappointment, but the end product is so delicious that I am willing to overlook the loss.

Overall, Santa’s Secret is a lovely, lightly spiced black tea which brings forth memories of Christmas and candy canes which is enjoyable either hot or cold no matter the season.

This tea is very spicy. I was expecting something near “Read my lips” but it’s not. The peppermint and the candy canes doesn’t taste much and the spices are the only thing i taste. I don’t know if i’m gonna try again.
The tea blend smells so good, but when you steep it, the sweet smell change a little bit.

Faith

You must’ve gotten a spicier mix, when I tried this all I tasted was the candycane-ness… guess it depends on the ratio of tea-spice-peppermint, eh?

R4iNB0W

oh maybe!! i will try again! thanks for the advice! :)

Decided to have a cup of this tea to warm me up from a cold bike commute to work. Nice peppermint taste. Sometimes I find black teas and me don’t get along because they tend to be bitter but this one I like. Hopefully Davids Tea brings it back as part of their winter collection

Now I know this tea is “technically” a Christmas tea, the name being Santa’s Secret and all, but I’d like to dispute this. I stocked up on this deliciously sweet blend during the holiday season after discovering how tasty it was, but I’ve already blown through my entire stash, leaving a sad and empty tin on my shelf where Santa’s Secret once sat! I’m a big fan of peppermint teas in general, which gives me a bit of a bias on this tea review, but the addition of orange peel, cinnamon and clove to this black tea gives it a kick worth raving about. I like to steep it till it’s quite dark, and then add a bit of raw cane sugar and some vanilla soy milk to top it off; it also makes a delicious latte. Even if you’re not a huge mint fan, you may still want to give this one a try: after all, who can say no to a tea with miniature candy canes floating around in it?

I’m a little late at logging this one. I have a huge backlog of tea to go through, but here I am, finally trying to uncover Santa’s Secret.

I like this one quite a bit. The peppermint is very evident (and I love peppermint), and the addition of the spices and mini candy canes is a subtle, but nice, touch. I managed to get two good steeps out of a tbsp in a 12 oz mug, which is pretty good, and it has enough kick to get you through a rough work day.

Hopefully this tea makes a comeback next winter.

I admit it… I’ve been hoarding this tea! shhhh..don’t tell anyone about my secret stash!
There is something so vanilla-pepperminty about it that I wish it wasn’t a seasonal flavour and lasted as long as the snow stays on the ground…which can be a long time in Toronto!

That hint of vanilla softens the peppermint in this black tea which is not only delicious, but pretty to look at with it’s scattering of mini candy canes. There is just enough caffeine to keep me sane without going into overdrive and I find it the perfect afternoon tea to read a book, check emails and hit on cute boys.

I really, reeeeeeally like this stuff. I bought it because the ingredient list sounded like German Christmas – mint and orange peel and spices. The taste is much smoother than I expected, and I’m finding that I like the blend a bit more than chocolate mint.

And, once again, one of my favourites is seasonal…

Oops, I’m sorry Santa, I steeped you for too long. At least vanilla almond milk will fix you right up. Still enjoying this tea, it’s my go to tea when I’m making gifts. The peppermint isn’t too strong and I’m still getting my caffeine fix from the black tea. Now if only this stupid soy wax would melt..

There’s always something funny about David’s black teas. They all must have the same base. I got a small sample of this because I had a craving for peppermint tea.

There are little candycanes in it. It’s quite cute. On sip you get that funky David’s black then a hint of peppermint. This tea is not very strong. It’s actually quite blah. I don’t think I’ll restock once I run out.