Santa's Secret

Black Tea, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Peppermint, Sprinkles
Peppermint, Artificial, Vanilla, Chocolate
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “I picked this up on the weekend since i was trying to remember if i liked it or not. I still do, so that's good to know, though it's less wonderful than the first time i had it as my tastes have...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5241 tasting notes
  • “This tea is so good. Too bad I steeped it in my Timolino tumbler. I gave it 20 minutes to cool with the lid off but still managed to burn my tongue so badly that an hour later it still feels...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “It's official, Santa's Secret is my Pumpkin Chai. Love and adore this blend. My amazing and wonderful mother in law found me some soy egg nog for the holidays and sent an unopened carton home with...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1305 tasting notes
  • “Santa Baby, Coming down my chimney tonight... But only with this tea! Creepiness of that song aside, this tea is still going strong. Delicious, creamy and smooth, it has a richness that is...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 699 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Ever wonder how Santa manages to deliver all those presents in just one night? Well here’s the hush-hush formula. He uses a special combination of Chinese black tea, peppermint leaves and spices – all sprinkled with real little candy canes. It’s both energizing and remarkably soothing. All Santa needs is one cup and his motto changes from “ho ho ho” to “go go go”

About DAVIDsTEA View company

HO HO HO
seriously though this tea tastes like christmas to me. This is going to be my pumpkin chai in the winter ! It has very good minty notes and a nice black tea base. This is my first tea i’m drinking out of the christmas collection and i have to say i’m quite surprised. Let me just say i’m also drinking it out of a DT heat sensitive mug so its so magical ! Well yet again DavidsTea surprised me with another wonderful blend.

stuck with pepperminty as I moved to black tea this morning. This was good, but I found myself missing the chocolate notes of read my lips. Which now that I think about I haven’t had in a while (have that tomorrow)

Hmm…. I’m not even a candy cane enthusiast but this tea taste so good! My main criteria to judge if a david’s tea is a good match for me is firstly that I am able not to eat the entire bag (which is impossible for me when there are nuts, chocolate bits etc in the bag) before making at least one cup of tea, that it contains a decent amount of tea leaves (and not only dried fruits) and that the flavor matches the actual description/name of the product. Well this tea succeed in all of those! In the cup, the peppermint flavor dominates with a hint of creaminess and it tastes exactly like a creamy mint sweet. It is definitely a tea to keep for a treat now and then! This is not my favorite one from DT but only because I am not so addicted with the taste of candy cane.

Ok, so first few sips, I wasn’t too sure about. And then I kept drinking more. And more. And more… well, you get the picture.

This one’s addictive! I don’t know if it’s because I’ve always loved candy canes, but it’s delicious!

I received this sample with my order from them. The initial smell is nearly pure mint. I find it strange that the ingredients listed on my sample pack is different than that of their website.

Mine reads: Chinese black tea, peppermint leaves, candy cane sprinkles, cloves, cinnamon, orange zest, natural and artificial flavoring.

Anyhow, I was expecting this tea to have more complex flavors, due to the ingredient listing. I was disappointed when it was only mint. It’s not a bad tasting tea; it is reminiscent of Aveda’s tea without the licorice root. Though it is nice, I will not be purchasing this one any time soon.

Perhaps it’s because I am a purist… but what is with that strange hint of vanilla that doesn’t seem to work with the rest of the tea? In a way, I felt it overpowered both the black tea itself as well as the mint. I tried it straight as well as with some milk and a touch of agave, both were terrible. I would not recommend to others, unless they are one that likes the mint-vanilla combination. I do have to give props to the concept though – The candycanes were cute and festive for winter.

EDIT: I don’t know what it was about this last season’s collections ,but I’ve really changed my mind about this tea. What I like about it is that it is a thin black tea, very mild astringency which means I don’t feel the need to put milk in it. Very handy at the office.

Tea #24. Well this is the end of the tea advent calendar but it’s a great one to go out on. I really liked this one and it was perfect on a cold Christmas Eve.

The little candy cane slices that are in the dry tea are amusing. Kinda cute, even to someone who doesn’t like Xmas. I can smell a little mint when the tea is brewed and I’m also getting something buttery like. When I sip it, I taste a little mint. It seems unbalanced and sharp at first, but mellows out a few sips in. I’m getting a butter like aftertaste similar to what DT’s Buttered Rum tastes like. I wonder if they have the same base. This tea doesn’t stand out to me in any way. I find myself trying to find something additional in every sip, like it will become more interesting if I keep drinking it and I come up with nothing. I dub it… boring.

This is actually really decent!
I usually hate minty teas, but this one goes well together.
You can actually taste a bit of the sweetness from the candy canes
and it’s kind of like hot mint chocolate candy… In a good way.
I usually don’t like the blended teas from David’s but this one is definitely one I wouldn’t mind trying again – that’s saying something! :)

We have, I believe, three tins of this throughout our house. None of them are full – they are all nearly empty, waiting for November to roll around so we can restock.

This minty mixture is soooo nice – it’s a lighter, sweeter mint than you’ll find from a Marakesh Mint tea, which is perfect for a pepperminty experience in the wintertime, but with the same soothing effects. The little candy cane candies don’t add any flavour (in fact, you’ll probably never see them biodegrade while in your teapot) but they add to the festive charm of this tea. Definitely a lovely touch for the mint-lover, a great after-dinner tea, and just so perfect for a cold day when you want to be reminded that something sweet is just around the corner! My boyfriend is in absolute love with this tea, and I blame him that we’re always out – he just brews pot after pot after pot (he uses a small pot and never re-steeps!) and it drives me a little nuts, but I swear I’ve never seen him love a tea quite as much as he love’s Santa’s Secret!