Santa's Secret

Black Tea, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Peppermint, Sprinkles
Cream, Mint, Creamy, Dark Chocolate, Sweet, Chocolate, Peppermint, Smoke, Smooth, Forest Floor, Vanilla, Candy, Cloves, Sugar, Artificial
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “I picked this up on the weekend since i was trying to remember if i liked it or not. I still do, so that’s good to know, though it’s less wonderful than the first time i had it as my...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 7116 tasting notes
  • “This tea is so good. Too bad I steeped it in my Timolino tumbler. I gave it 20 minutes to cool with the lid off but still managed to burn my tongue so badly that an hour later it still feels...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes
  • “It’s official, Santa’s Secret is my Pumpkin Chai. Love and adore this blend. My amazing and wonderful mother in law found me some soy egg nog for the holidays and sent an unopened...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1351 tasting notes
  • “Santa Baby, Coming down my chimney tonight… But only with this tea! Creepiness of that song aside, this tea is still going strong. Delicious, creamy and smooth, it has a richness that is...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 707 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Ever wonder how Santa manages to deliver all those presents in just one night? Well here’s the hush-hush formula. He uses a special combination of Chinese black tea, peppermint leaves and spices – all sprinkled with real little candy canes. It’s both energizing and remarkably soothing. All Santa needs is one cup and his motto changes from “ho ho ho” to “go go go”

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Energizing and remarkably soothing…so true! This tea is one of my altime favourites.

I have to say I got attracted by the little candy canes we find it the tea mixture ! I love black tea, but this minty/candy cane flavour really adds a special ring to this tea. Best for cookie time/after dinner tea, every time you’re wondering with tea to drink, you just smell it and you’re done : you have to drink it ;) Be careful : highly addictive!

Very tasty and a great breakfast tea. No wonder Santa was able to deliver all his gifts in one night!

Holidays TTB

I didn’t pick any of this up around Christmas time because I really disliked Adagio’s Candy Cane and figured this would be similar. But this one is actually quite good and kind of a more caffeinated, less chocolatey version of Tea Guys’ Peppermint Chocolate Vanilla. It’d probably be fantastic with chocolate chip cookies.

It’s minty, but similar to Andes candies, the mint doesn’t take over, there’s some creamy notes to it and it’s comforting in a strange way. It really enjoy this one because it’s actually blended quite well and you don’t get the whole picture in one sip.

Flavors: Cream, Mint

Advent Calendar catch up!

While drinking this, it has that familiar DAVIDs Tea mint that I’ve never been fond of. I still don’t know what it is about it; I’m sure I’ve had other brands of mint tea that don’t make me feel this way. HOWEVER, the aftertaste of this is a delicious, sweet, creamy mint that I’m absolutely in love with. Plus there seems to be a hint of dark chocolate! It was so good, I was tempted to buy more (like I need more tea right now). In hind sight, it probably wasn’t THAT good, but it is by far the best mint-flavoured tea I’ve had from DAVIDs.

Flavors: Creamy, Dark Chocolate, Mint, Sweet

Increased the rating from 54 to 65.

Pleasant enough and an easy drink. Second steep is just mild water.
Still a vague cream cardboard taste. Red Velvet Cake has a better chocolate taste than this.

Flavors: Chocolate

Since I came across this tea, I drink it every Christmas. With the black tea in it, it gives me a little kick of caffeine I need to get through winter afternoon slumps. I’m also a sucker for the peppermint and sweet little candy canes.

Flavors: Peppermint

This wasn’t everything I was hoping it to be. Maybe I let the hype get to me and high expectations, but I found this tea to be weaker than I would have liked. The black tea just didn’t live up to the peppermint. I will say, the peppermint sprinkles were incredibly adorable.

Full Review:

Flavors: Peppermint, Smoke, Smooth

My favorite Christmas tea! At first, I was tired of the black tea + mint combination since I have a few … but this one is by far my favorite!

What makes this tea more unique (and Christmas-y) is that it’s not so much mint as candy cane peppermint in this tea. It’s a sweeter (and I guess technically more artificial flavor since candy canes don’t taste at all like real organic mint) tea but definitely one of my favorites.

Flavors: Peppermint

The tea smells like a forest after it rains, but with sweet notes of mint within.

I add milk and sugar to my teas.

The tea was very nice. It was smooth and creamy, not astringent or bitter in any way. The vanilla was soft and the peppermint wasn’t overpowering. It was a nice mix of both.

Flavors: Forest Floor, Mint, Peppermint, Smooth, Vanilla