Santa's Secret

Black Tea, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Peppermint, Sprinkles
Mint, Chocolate, Creamy, Artificial, Cotton Candy, Frosting, Spearmint, Sweet, Vanilla, Candy, Peppermint, Milk, Sugarcane, Cream, Dark Chocolate, Smoke, Smooth, Forest Floor, Cloves, Sugar
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “I picked this up on the weekend since i was trying to remember if i liked it or not. I still do, so that’s good to know, though it’s less wonderful than the first time i had it as my...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 8106 tasting notes
  • “This tea is so good. Too bad I steeped it in my Timolino tumbler. I gave it 20 minutes to cool with the lid off but still managed to burn my tongue so badly that an hour later it still feels...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1779 tasting notes
  • “It’s official, Santa’s Secret is my Pumpkin Chai. Love and adore this blend. My amazing and wonderful mother in law found me some soy egg nog for the holidays and sent an unopened...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1471 tasting notes
  • “Santa Baby, Coming down my chimney tonight… But only with this tea! Creepiness of that song aside, this tea is still going strong. Delicious, creamy and smooth, it has a richness that is...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 709 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Ever wonder how Santa manages to deliver all those presents in just one night? Well here’s the hush-hush formula. He uses a special combination of Chinese black tea, peppermint leaves and spices – all sprinkled with real little candy canes. It’s both energizing and remarkably soothing. All Santa needs is one cup and his motto changes from “ho ho ho” to “go go go”

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Energizing and remarkably soothing…so true! This tea is one of my altime favourites.

I have to say I got attracted by the little candy canes we find it the tea mixture ! I love black tea, but this minty/candy cane flavour really adds a special ring to this tea. Best for cookie time/after dinner tea, every time you’re wondering with tea to drink, you just smell it and you’re done : you have to drink it ;) Be careful : highly addictive!

Very tasty and a great breakfast tea. No wonder Santa was able to deliver all his gifts in one night!

Oh my goodness. I think I have some sort of a stomach flu! So, I dug through my tea stash and saw this tea & I remembered that it has peppermint in it. Hoping that the mint in the tea would calm my belly down I brewed up a cup. The dry leaf smells yummy, like vanilla and a hint of minty sweet. Brewed it smells much like vanilla and I couldn’t quite detect peppermint. On taste, vanilla is very prominent and the mint is there but I dont know…they dont compliment each other well in this tea. It wasn’t for me, unfortunately. There was a strange taste to it that I can’t put my finger on.

I was really looking forward to trying this tea over the holiday’s. The flavour is a hint of mint with a strong black tea taste. Smells amazing and very minty. The tea itself is delicious, but not a tea to have every day. I had it a couple day’s in a row and by the last day I didn’t like it nearly as much.

Flavors: Mint

This tea was available in the christmas box I bought. I usually love black tea with a chocolate flavour. I thought Santa’s Secret lacked taste and sweetness I love. I would still recommend it, maybe the steep time was not long enough in my case. I also added warm milk to make it more creamy and maybe that’s what took off all the flavour. I still have some of this tea left, so I will edit this review once I try it again.

Sooooo glad I ordered this when it went on sale!! It’s my new favorite wintry peppermint tea. It’s not like, kick-you-in-the-face peppermint, like some teas can be. It’s much more subtle and the vanilla gives it a bit of sweetness. Maybe I should have bought the bigger bag.

I thought this was a sipdown but according to my spreadsheet I have another cupful from my advent calandar! This is the last of my Santa’s Secret from the very generous WhatSheSaid. I’ve drank this so many times and never written up a note, apparently! I don’t know why this still surprises me, I was terrible at writing up notes while I was at uni – I would have 5 or 6 cups of tea a day and only log one. I bet that’s actually preferable to me logging so many teas and clogging everyone’s dashes.

Mmmm… probably my favourite Christmas tea. If you look at my ‘tea-dislikes’ you’ll see I’m not big on spices (unless with pumpkin) and so most holiday blends are a no-go for me. Candy canes though are one of those things that just epitomises the season, you know? As soon as you taste one you know that the holidays are coming. And this tea gets the candy cane flavour bang on, without the tea being pushed to the background. The mint and the creamy vanilla are sooo good together, and if I add a little sugar it’s like I melted an actual candy cane right into a cup of tea. I overleafed a little (I had almost 2 tsps but not quite, so I used it all in a 12oz mug) and left it for over 6 minutes and I’m still getting no astringency from the base tea, which is incredible to me. The creaminess is so pronounced that I didn’t add any milk and I’m drinking this black, which again is super rare for me in black teas. It’s the first time I’ve drank it without milk, though, and I know it can take it well. I just can’t think of anything that I don’t like about this tea.

I’m going to have to come up with something creamy-minty to replace this with, since DAVIDs isn’t readily available to me. Oh US and Canada, how I envy you.

This is a nice tea to have around Christmas time, but that’s the only time I’ll have it. It’s more chocolatey than mint though. I wish there was more of a balance. Still good tea though.

Flavors: Chocolate, Creamy, Mint

Got this as part of a set of Holiday teas and it is easily my favorite of the bunch. I like that this is peppermint but that the other spices combined with it temper the peppermint a bit to keep it from being overwhelming. Also this tea has a nice touch of sweetness to it that makes it feel like a holiday treat.