Santa's Secret

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Peppermint, Sprinkles
Chocolate, Peppermint, Vanilla
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

• “I picked this up on the weekend since i was trying to remember if i liked it or not. I still do, so that's good to know, though it's less wonderful than the first time i had it as my tastes have...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4827 tasting notes
  • “This tea is so good. Too bad I steeped it in my Timolino tumbler. I gave it 20 minutes to cool with the lid off but still managed to burn my tongue so badly that an hour later it still feels...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1671 tasting notes
  • “It's official, Santa's Secret is my Pumpkin Chai. Love and adore this blend. My amazing and wonderful mother in law found me some soy egg nog for the holidays and sent an unopened carton home with...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1220 tasting notes
  • “Santa Baby, Coming down my chimney tonight... But only with this tea! Creepiness of that song aside, this tea is still going strong. Delicious, creamy and smooth, it has a richness that is...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 688 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Need a little helper?
Ever wonder how Santa manages to deliver all those presents in just one night? Well here’s the hush-hush formula. He uses a special combination of Chinese black tea, peppermint leaves and spices – all sprinkled with real little candy canes. It’s both energizing and remarkably soothing. All Santa needs is one cup and his motto changes from “ho ho ho” to “go go go”

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, peppermint leaves, candy cane sprinkles.

1.5 tsp of tea at 98°C / 208°F for 4-6 min

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Wow! This tea is the one for me. I’m out, so I certainly hope it makes an appearance next Christmas.

Energizing and remarkably soothing…so true! This tea is one of my altime favourites.

I have to say I got attracted by the little candy canes we find it the tea mixture ! I love black tea, but this minty/candy cane flavour really adds a special ring to this tea. Best for cookie time/after dinner tea, every time you’re wondering with tea to drink, you just smell it and you’re done : you have to drink it ;) Be careful : highly addictive!

Very tasty and a great breakfast tea. No wonder Santa was able to deliver all his gifts in one night!

Yum! I’m a sucker for minty, especially peppermint, chocolate teas and this one fits the bill just fine. I have pretty close to run out of my chocolate mint blends at the moment and this was a sipdown that I finally allowed myself because I hadn’t had one for awhile. I’m hopeful that I can hold out until Black Friday to restock in time for the Holidays & my winter fix.

I like this one, Della Terra’s version, and The Spice & Tea Exchange’s version… each is a little different but I can’t say I have a favorite yet.

Flavors: Chocolate, Peppermint

I don’t like mint. Why I bought this, I don’t know. But I am surprised! This is pretty tasty. The candy cane’s make it fun. I added creamer and it just makes it so much better. But it doesn’t change my mind about trying mint in other tea’s. In this tea…it works.

whatshesaid

This was one of my favorites from day 1 :)
And one of the few DT’s I still love!

TheTeaFairy

+1 with whatshesaid, still yummy!

scribbles

I’m surprised by how much I like it. I’ll get it again next holiday season, if they bring it back.

Saturday Sipdown #2!

There was just a teensy bit of this one left from my VERY FIRST swap with De and aisling of tea. Can’t believe I’ve tried so many teas since then!

There really wasn’t enough for a full cup, so I oversteeped it a bit to compensate. It was still a little weak in flavour, but that’s ok. It just means I have one less tea to worry about.

Christmas in a cup. If there is any tea (both liquor and aroma) that can take me back to a particular season, it’s this one.

I don’t find the mint overbearing like other Peppermint teas which means that it still tastes like a Black tea, which I am grateful for. That being said, because it is a cheaper blended Black tea, the leaves are nice, but nothing extraordinary. It is sweet, without being too sweet or artificial. This means I don’t need added sugar (of any kind) and can easily kill a sweet craving with virtually zero calories.

Feeling indulgent?
This makes a GREAT mint-chocolate latte! I steep it in 4 oz of water and pour it over ice with vanilla soy and a hint of chocolate sauce in a martini shaker. I prefer it chilled, but it also makes a comforting hot latte.

morgan

i LOVE santa’s secret!!!

Ce thé est, contre tout attente, devenu l’un des plus consommés chez moi. Je ne suis pas fan du goût de la menthe ( je ne pouvais même pas le sentir plus jeune) mais dans ce mélange, je n’ai pas de difficulté à le tolérer. Le thé en soi est mignon avec les mini cannes de bonbon et c’est exactement ce que le thé sent. On se sent plongé dans l’ambiance des Fêtes à tout coup! Infusé, les goûts de la menthe et de la canne sont diminués mais j’imagine qu’un peu de sucre pourrait les raviver. Pour ma part, j’adore ce thé infusé en plus petite quantité que celle recommandé mais j’aime mes thés faibles.

Boiling 2 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

This teas is much most flavorful once sugar and milk is added. I don’t know what it is, but the sugar and milk bring out the peppermint flavor more than when it is drank plain. I do get the feeling of the holidays while drinking it, so the tea is properly named and a good winter tea.