Santa's Secret

Black Tea, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Peppermint, Sprinkles
Peppermint, Artificial, Vanilla, Chocolate
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “I picked this up on the weekend since i was trying to remember if i liked it or not. I still do, so that's good to know, though it's less wonderful than the first time i had it as my tastes have...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5241 tasting notes
  • “This tea is so good. Too bad I steeped it in my Timolino tumbler. I gave it 20 minutes to cool with the lid off but still managed to burn my tongue so badly that an hour later it still feels...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “It's official, Santa's Secret is my Pumpkin Chai. Love and adore this blend. My amazing and wonderful mother in law found me some soy egg nog for the holidays and sent an unopened carton home with...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1302 tasting notes
  • “Santa Baby, Coming down my chimney tonight... But only with this tea! Creepiness of that song aside, this tea is still going strong. Delicious, creamy and smooth, it has a richness that is...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 699 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Ever wonder how Santa manages to deliver all those presents in just one night? Well here’s the hush-hush formula. He uses a special combination of Chinese black tea, peppermint leaves and spices – all sprinkled with real little candy canes. It’s both energizing and remarkably soothing. All Santa needs is one cup and his motto changes from “ho ho ho” to “go go go”

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Wow! This tea is the one for me. I’m out, so I certainly hope it makes an appearance next Christmas.

Energizing and remarkably soothing…so true! This tea is one of my altime favourites.

I have to say I got attracted by the little candy canes we find it the tea mixture ! I love black tea, but this minty/candy cane flavour really adds a special ring to this tea. Best for cookie time/after dinner tea, every time you’re wondering with tea to drink, you just smell it and you’re done : you have to drink it ;) Be careful : highly addictive!

Very tasty and a great breakfast tea. No wonder Santa was able to deliver all his gifts in one night!

Dry nose: lightly minty, fragrant, sweet.

Tasting note: lightly minty, fragrant, sweet. Pretty straightforward, the candy cane sprinkles are fun. I think next time I make this I’m going to garnish it with a candy cane and let that add a bit more minty sweetness. Yeah.

Flavors: Peppermint

Boiling 6 min, 15 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Yay, my David’s winter/holiday samples from Roswell Strange are here! I can’t thank her enough for being such a sweetheart and sending me all of these 10g samples from her local store. Love you, Roswell!

This is one of those teas that just makes you smile when you peek in the pouch. It has these cheerful little candy cane sprinkles and their red color mixed with the green of the crushed peppermint is very festive indeed! Plus it smells very yummy, sweet vanilla and peppermint combined remind me of peppermint bark.

The tea itself tastes pretty good. I must say, it’s not as amazing as the smell because there’s only a touch of sweetness from the melted sprinkles. However, the flavors are still yummy together, and I can taste the vanilla (though I could use more!). Overall, it’s a perfectly nice little peppermint black tea with a touch of vanilla. Would definitely make a fantastic latte!

Flavors: Artificial, Peppermint, Vanilla

This is the best mint tea ever.

While this tea is pleasant, it is not one of my favourites.

I’ve finished most of my favourite DAVIDs teas during this hiatus I’m on so it’s getting down to those that for me are just ok. Because a staple of mine is DAVIDs “Read My Lips” some people suggested I might enjoy “Santa’s Secret”, some even feel it is better. So I bought 50 grams a while back and after trying it originally and deciding I do not favour it, I left it there on the shelf.

Well, it’s getting to where I’m drinking everything. This is fine but it doesn’t have chocolate. Yes, I can add that with chocolate syrup but .. Meh. It’s still comforting as a mint tea, especially on cold nights when you snuggle up by the fire with a book and a shot glass of whatever to drop in your tea when the mood strikes.

In conclusion, I prefer Read My Lips and will continue to stock it over Santa’s secret. It has a bit more chocolate and the mint is just a little more muted. When it comes to mouthfeel they’re both the same.

PS. for those who don’t know already, Verdant just re-stocked our most favourite blends. You should hurry and buy the LB chocolate Genmaicha before I buy it all. Really. Buy now! I already got 8 oz but am thinking it’s not enough.

mrmopar

You are a “Tea Hoarder” ;p LOL!

Nxtdoor

@mrmopar I most certainly am not :) my cupboard is puny variety-wise. I just have large quantities of selected few.

mrmopar

I know, just ribbin ya a little.

Nxtdoor

Says mister i-have-cakes-upon-cakes-of-pu’erh in my specialy designed room :) @mrmopar

mrmopar

And you are 100% correct. Now if I can only find another place to put some more……

I expected to like this more than I did, as I love all of the flavors and the smell is amazing. It’s possible that I should have brewed it longer, but I got it at the store itself so I had to take the teabag out before I left. I would like to try it with a peppermint stick added.

Flavors: Peppermint, Vanilla