Santa's Secret

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Peppermint, Sprinkles
Vanilla
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

• “I picked this up on the weekend since i was trying to remember if i liked it or not. I still do, so that's good to know, though it's less wonderful than the first time i had it as my tastes have...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4041 tasting notes
  • “This tea is so good. Too bad I steeped it in my Timolino tumbler. I gave it 20 minutes to cool with the lid off but still managed to burn my tongue so badly that an hour later it still feels...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1397 tasting notes
  • “It's official, Santa's Secret is my Pumpkin Chai. Love and adore this blend. My amazing and wonderful mother in law found me some soy egg nog for the holidays and sent an unopened carton home with...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1196 tasting notes
  • “Santa Baby, Coming down my chimney tonight... But only with this tea! Creepiness of that song aside, this tea is still going strong. Delicious, creamy and smooth, it has a richness that is...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 675 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Need a little helper?
Ever wonder how Santa manages to deliver all those presents in just one night? Well here’s the hush-hush formula. He uses a special combination of Chinese black tea, peppermint leaves and spices – all sprinkled with real little candy canes. It’s both energizing and remarkably soothing. All Santa needs is one cup and his motto changes from “ho ho ho” to “go go go”

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, peppermint leaves, candy cane sprinkles.

1.5 tsp of tea at 98°C / 208°F for 4-6 min

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Wow! This tea is the one for me. I’m out, so I certainly hope it makes an appearance next Christmas.

Energizing and remarkably soothing…so true! This tea is one of my altime favourites.

I have to say I got attracted by the little candy canes we find it the tea mixture ! I love black tea, but this minty/candy cane flavour really adds a special ring to this tea. Best for cookie time/after dinner tea, every time you’re wondering with tea to drink, you just smell it and you’re done : you have to drink it ;) Be careful : highly addictive!

Very tasty and a great breakfast tea. No wonder Santa was able to deliver all his gifts in one night!

Christmas in a cup. If there is any tea (both liquor and aroma) that can take me back to a particular season, it’s this one.

I don’t find the mint overbearing like other Peppermint teas which means that it still tastes like a Black tea, which I am grateful for. That being said, because it is a cheaper blended Black tea, the leaves are nice, but nothing extraordinary. It is sweet, without being too sweet or artificial. This means I don’t need added sugar (of any kind) and can easily kill a sweet craving with virtually zero calories.

Feeling indulgent?
This makes a GREAT mint-chocolate latte! I steep it in 4 oz of water and pour it over ice with vanilla soy and a hint of chocolate sauce in a martini shaker. I prefer it chilled, but it also makes a comforting hot latte.

morgan

i LOVE santa’s secret!!!

Ce thé est, contre tout attente, devenu l’un des plus consommés chez moi. Je ne suis pas fan du goût de la menthe ( je ne pouvais même pas le sentir plus jeune) mais dans ce mélange, je n’ai pas de difficulté à le tolérer. Le thé en soi est mignon avec les mini cannes de bonbon et c’est exactement ce que le thé sent. On se sent plongé dans l’ambiance des Fêtes à tout coup! Infusé, les goûts de la menthe et de la canne sont diminués mais j’imagine qu’un peu de sucre pourrait les raviver. Pour ma part, j’adore ce thé infusé en plus petite quantité que celle recommandé mais j’aime mes thés faibles.

Boiling 2 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

This teas is much most flavorful once sugar and milk is added. I don’t know what it is, but the sugar and milk bring out the peppermint flavor more than when it is drank plain. I do get the feeling of the holidays while drinking it, so the tea is properly named and a good winter tea.

Sweet and minty, pleasant, but I got tired of it pretty fast.

This tea has so much potential! I am a person who absolutely loves anything with a peppermint flavour. However I find that this tea has quite an astringency which is really surprising “candy cane” tea. I want to love this tea so badly, however I don’t! I seem to always get a headache whenever I drink this… which is a strange side effect. I don’t get a headache with any other tea I own, so I have no idea why this one is different. I’ve only drank this tea hot… I really can’t imagine trying to drink this as an Iced Tea or cold brew! I think it would loose its Christmas charm. I still have faith in this tea, so I think I will try this as a latte next. Maybe that will help out with the astringency and the headache side effect.

205 °F / 96 °C 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

I’m gonna have to make this stuff last until next winter like my Pumpkin Chai….this is gonna be difficult.
I love how ‘creamy’ this tea tastes, I’m pretty sure it’s the candy cane pieces that are doing it, but it makes it delicious! Another black tea that isn’t strong and just enough mint to make it taste fantastic.