Santa's Secret

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Peppermint, Sprinkles
Chocolate, Peppermint, Vanilla
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

• “I picked this up on the weekend since i was trying to remember if i liked it or not. I still do, so that's good to know, though it's less wonderful than the first time i had it as my tastes have...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4923 tasting notes
  • “This tea is so good. Too bad I steeped it in my Timolino tumbler. I gave it 20 minutes to cool with the lid off but still managed to burn my tongue so badly that an hour later it still feels...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1693 tasting notes
  • “It's official, Santa's Secret is my Pumpkin Chai. Love and adore this blend. My amazing and wonderful mother in law found me some soy egg nog for the holidays and sent an unopened carton home with...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1235 tasting notes
  • “Santa Baby, Coming down my chimney tonight... But only with this tea! Creepiness of that song aside, this tea is still going strong. Delicious, creamy and smooth, it has a richness that is...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 694 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Need a little helper?
Ever wonder how Santa manages to deliver all those presents in just one night? Well here’s the hush-hush formula. He uses a special combination of Chinese black tea, peppermint leaves and spices – all sprinkled with real little candy canes. It’s both energizing and remarkably soothing. All Santa needs is one cup and his motto changes from “ho ho ho” to “go go go”

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, peppermint leaves, candy cane sprinkles.

1.5 tsp of tea at 98°C / 208°F for 4-6 min

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Wow! This tea is the one for me. I’m out, so I certainly hope it makes an appearance next Christmas.

Energizing and remarkably soothing…so true! This tea is one of my altime favourites.

I have to say I got attracted by the little candy canes we find it the tea mixture ! I love black tea, but this minty/candy cane flavour really adds a special ring to this tea. Best for cookie time/after dinner tea, every time you’re wondering with tea to drink, you just smell it and you’re done : you have to drink it ;) Be careful : highly addictive!

Very tasty and a great breakfast tea. No wonder Santa was able to deliver all his gifts in one night!

I have so much of this tea. I mentioned to a friend that I liked it when I had a 50 g bag and she bought me the 100g tin for Christmas I somehow ended up with yet another 50g bag on my shelf. The good news is that I’m down to about 100g of the tea and still enjoy a cup every so often. Nice pepperminty flavor.

Last year I got a sample of this and I was not impressed but some where along the way of finishing the sample I realized I liked it cold. I bought this to ice during the summer and I’m glad I did. It is my favorite way to drink it. creamy mint that reminds me a little of dinner mints. I’f I get this again I think I will wait for it to go on discount since I don’t think I will want it for the intended season but I kind of hope I get a sample to have in December some how for sentimental reasons.

Iced 5 min, 15 sec 3 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Yum! I’m a sucker for minty, especially peppermint, chocolate teas and this one fits the bill just fine. I have pretty close to run out of my chocolate mint blends at the moment and this was a sipdown that I finally allowed myself because I hadn’t had one for awhile. I’m hopeful that I can hold out until Black Friday to restock in time for the Holidays & my winter fix.

I like this one, Della Terra’s version, and The Spice & Tea Exchange’s version… each is a little different but I can’t say I have a favorite yet.

Flavors: Chocolate, Peppermint

I don’t like mint. Why I bought this, I don’t know. But I am surprised! This is pretty tasty. The candy cane’s make it fun. I added creamer and it just makes it so much better. But it doesn’t change my mind about trying mint in other tea’s. In this tea…it works.

whatshesaid

This was one of my favorites from day 1 :)
And one of the few DT’s I still love!

TheTeaFairy

+1 with whatshesaid, still yummy!

scribbles

I’m surprised by how much I like it. I’ll get it again next holiday season, if they bring it back.

Saturday Sipdown #2!

There was just a teensy bit of this one left from my VERY FIRST swap with De and aisling of tea. Can’t believe I’ve tried so many teas since then!

There really wasn’t enough for a full cup, so I oversteeped it a bit to compensate. It was still a little weak in flavour, but that’s ok. It just means I have one less tea to worry about.

Christmas in a cup. If there is any tea (both liquor and aroma) that can take me back to a particular season, it’s this one.

I don’t find the mint overbearing like other Peppermint teas which means that it still tastes like a Black tea, which I am grateful for. That being said, because it is a cheaper blended Black tea, the leaves are nice, but nothing extraordinary. It is sweet, without being too sweet or artificial. This means I don’t need added sugar (of any kind) and can easily kill a sweet craving with virtually zero calories.

Feeling indulgent?
This makes a GREAT mint-chocolate latte! I steep it in 4 oz of water and pour it over ice with vanilla soy and a hint of chocolate sauce in a martini shaker. I prefer it chilled, but it also makes a comforting hot latte.

morgan