Santa's Secret

Black Tea, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Peppermint, Sprinkles
Peppermint, Creamy, Mint, Vanilla, Chocolate, Sugar, Sweet, Artificial
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “I picked this up on the weekend since i was trying to remember if i liked it or not. I still do, so that’s good to know, though it’s less wonderful than the first time i had it as my...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 6291 tasting notes
  • “This tea is so good. Too bad I steeped it in my Timolino tumbler. I gave it 20 minutes to cool with the lid off but still managed to burn my tongue so badly that an hour later it still feels...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1768 tasting notes
  • “It’s official, Santa’s Secret is my Pumpkin Chai. Love and adore this blend. My amazing and wonderful mother in law found me some soy egg nog for the holidays and sent an unopened...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1351 tasting notes
  • “Santa Baby, Coming down my chimney tonight… But only with this tea! Creepiness of that song aside, this tea is still going strong. Delicious, creamy and smooth, it has a richness...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 706 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Ever wonder how Santa manages to deliver all those presents in just one night? Well here’s the hush-hush formula. He uses a special combination of Chinese black tea, peppermint leaves and spices – all sprinkled with real little candy canes. It’s both energizing and remarkably soothing. All Santa needs is one cup and his motto changes from “ho ho ho” to “go go go”

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I finally tried this today at a party and it was actually really lovely (I’d been pretty disinterested in the winter collection.) A really nice balance of vanilla and mint on a pleasant black base.

I don’t need this in my cupboard but I can see why so many people like it.

Flavors: Creamy, Mint, Vanilla

Plunkybug

Although I did not have any this winter, I do like this one a lot. I don’t tend to like a lot of mint teas, but this one works for me.

M

I have a bunch of this in my cupboard, but it’s so happy and Christmas-like that it almost feels wrong to drink it in March.

This is my go-to decadent morning tea. It is on sale right now, and I have had to restrain myself from overstocking, reminded that I have too much of some former “go-tos.” It is not so much that I am fickle as that I am new to loose leaf tea… so many wonders to discover. :) Plus I now have to limit my caffeine to about one cup per day (re steeping doesn’t count, though, right?), which heightens the importance of the morning choice…

I never regret Santa’s Secret. With a little cream, it is like a peppermint vanilla cup of hot chocolate, but better because it’s tea! Highly recommend for lovers of flavored blacks.

Flavors: Chocolate, Peppermint, Vanilla

I absolutely love this tea! A perfect blend of vanilla and black tea with a hint of peppermint. I crave this tea if I haven’t had it in a few days.

This smells so much like chocolate that I’m really surprised that it’s not in the ingredients list! My coworkers agreed when I brewed it at work today.

This tea is really delicious, the balance of peppermint and black tea is very good.

Flavors: Chocolate, Peppermint, Vanilla

A nice peppermint tea with nice subtle hints of chocolate and vanilla. Very enjoyable, I have to thank meganxpink for sharing it!

Megan

Glad you enjoyed this festive specialty !

I love minty tea, and this one delivers.

I first got this in 2013 as a Christmas gift (100g from a couple people, so I had lots to enjoy!) and I absolutely loved it. Candy canes are one of my favorite things of the holidays, and this tea has little candy cane sprinkles in it! So cute! I think that’s the main reason why my friends gifted it to me haha. Anyways, the tea from 2013 lasted me all year. It’s something that I drank no matter what season, but 200g goes a long way! When I saw that this was back as a 2014 holiday tea and that my stock needed replenishing, I jumped on the opportunity, purchasing about 80g worth.

To talk about the flavors, this tea has a very strong black tea flavor which I love. It’s really comforting. It isn’t overpoweringly minty; the mint is nice and subtle, but is definitely a candy cane-ish mint. This also has a hint of vanilla. It all works really well together! I like my tea really strong so I leave my tea bag in the whole time, but some people might find this a bit too strong if they do that.
I also like how this tea has caffeine.

I would definitely recommend this if you like something minty!

Flavors: Peppermint, Vanilla

I mentioned in my tasting note yesterday that I got a lot of this tea when I purchased a latte mug on clearance in David’s Tea yesterday. My mug is beautiful and wonderful. I didn’t need this tea. I have a lot of sweet peppermint tea right now.

And unfortunately, I really do prefer Adagio’s Candy Cane to this tea. I suspected I did after sampling Santa’s Secret in the store one day, but today confirmed it.

This tea is good, though. It is sweet and malty while having a backbone of mint. The problem is that this tea doesn’t really sing to me. The sweet vanilla aspect of the tea cuts the mint, and I lose some of the brightness I expect from a candy cane.

On the other hand, I finally devised a way to heat my milk for lattes. I don’t have a microwave, so I needed an easy way to heat milk on the stove. I’m glad I devised something, as my lattes have definitely improved.

I may have to have some friends over and host a tea party where only peppermint teas are served. I’m drowning in the stuff.

Mmm funny, this one was one that I initially didn’t like but as I drink it more, I like it much more. This one is nice on it’s own but I think the mint and the black tea lends itself well to a bit of milk and sugar.
The holidays may be over but I’ve got enough of this lovely holiday tea to last me for a few months! (yay)

I cant believe I haven’t reviewed this tea yet! Shame on me for gulping it down and not raving about how fantastic it is!

I love love LOVE this tea! Its so delicious with the right amount of mint and creaminess. I got into DT’s just after the holidays last year and remember seeing this on the web specials. I didn’t purchase because I was new to tea and intimidated by the 250g sale bag, especially with not trying it. Well fast forward to this year and I’m in complete love! Didn’t purchase the 250g, however ive got the collectors tins plus another 50g in a bag. I should be good till next year!

Flavors: Creamy, Mint, Vanilla

So I have to be honest… I needed to get to a certain monetary amount in order to get the Timolino and this tea that came along with the ornament set helped me get there.

It has a smooth, flavorful texture. Surprisingly the peppermint isn’t as strong as I thought it would be. It’s more of an after taste that leaves you with a bit of a clean feeling. The tea base seems like it would be a bit woodsy. But with the added ingredients it’s creamy. If Santa drank tea this is probably what he would drink.

3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp