Santa's Secret

Black Tea, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Peppermint, Sprinkles
Mint, Peppermint, Milk, Sugarcane, Sweet, Vanilla, Tea, Cream, Creamy, Dark Chocolate, Chocolate, Smoke, Smooth, Forest Floor, Candy, Cloves, Sugar, Artificial
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “I picked this up on the weekend since i was trying to remember if i liked it or not. I still do, so that’s good to know, though it’s less wonderful than the first time i had it as my...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 7673 tasting notes
  • “This tea is so good. Too bad I steeped it in my Timolino tumbler. I gave it 20 minutes to cool with the lid off but still managed to burn my tongue so badly that an hour later it still feels...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes
  • “It’s official, Santa’s Secret is my Pumpkin Chai. Love and adore this blend. My amazing and wonderful mother in law found me some soy egg nog for the holidays and sent an unopened...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1375 tasting notes
  • “Santa Baby, Coming down my chimney tonight… But only with this tea! Creepiness of that song aside, this tea is still going strong. Delicious, creamy and smooth, it has a richness that is...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 709 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Ever wonder how Santa manages to deliver all those presents in just one night? Well here’s the hush-hush formula. He uses a special combination of Chinese black tea, peppermint leaves and spices – all sprinkled with real little candy canes. It’s both energizing and remarkably soothing. All Santa needs is one cup and his motto changes from “ho ho ho” to “go go go”

About DAVIDsTEA View company

So I have to be honest… I needed to get to a certain monetary amount in order to get the Timolino and this tea that came along with the ornament set helped me get there.

It has a smooth, flavorful texture. Surprisingly the peppermint isn’t as strong as I thought it would be. It’s more of an after taste that leaves you with a bit of a clean feeling. The tea base seems like it would be a bit woodsy. But with the added ingredients it’s creamy. If Santa drank tea this is probably what he would drink.

3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp

This is one of my favorite black teas so far.

This tea did not prove to be a distraction and is the perfect companion for a cozy reading day, whether it is warm or cold outside.

Books recommended for this tea:

The Hours by Michael Cunningham, After the Quake by Haruki Murakami, Fool by Christopher Moore.

This is my second tea from Davids and, so far so good. Honestly, I am comparing this to Teavana’s White Chocolate Peppermint. Sorry, not as enjoyable, but still quite pleasant. I sweetened it with equal. I don’t plan on stocking up on this one, but it was enjoyable.

I’m not as OMG over this blend as a lot of people seem to be, but it is definitely a nice tea to have around the holidays/the winter months. I have a little bit of this left from my Holiday Collection, but I’m not going to be rushing out to stock up – there are plenty of other mint teas out there to tide me over until when/if thsi comes back next year.

Day 24 of the advent calendar. I’m sitting here on Christmas Eve sipping away at a mug of this tea and watching Downton Abbey on Netfix. I like how smooth this tea is. A creamy mix of mint and vanilla. It’s simple and comforting. I’m glad I bought over 100 grams of it, so I shouldn’t run out any time soon. This is one that I can see myself cozying up to all winter long.

Flavors: Creamy, Mint, Vanilla

I am in love. It’s because of this tea that I’m beginning to enjoy peppermint teas in general. For me, the sweetness of the candy cane sprinkles offset the chill of the mint in a way that reminds me of a peppermint mocha (without the calories or milk-induced stomach ache). And what could be more fun this year than a tea filled with tiny candy canes?

Flavors: Peppermint, Sugar, Sweet

It’s cold out there today. Windy. And it snowed. IN the middle of May. Not unheard of, but … Sigh. Sounds like time for a hot Christmas tea to me. I’m back in the editing cave tonight. The file I was sent last night was the WRONG ONE. So I get to start over. Boy am I ever glad I stayed up until 2:00 am working on it. I’m supposed to have this back to my editor tomorrow night. hysterical laughter Actually, except for the extraordinary series of unfortunate events, the editing is really good.

Thank God for tea. I love writing, and actually like working edits, but it is work, and tea gets a girl through.

ashmanra

I had to check to see where you live. I worked in the yard for three hours and thought I was going to have a heat stroke. I didn’t know there was any cool air. Anywhere. Ever. In the whole world.

Maddy Barone

North Dakota has lovely weather. And you know what they say: if you don’t like it, wait a day. It’ll change.

Nightshifter

Sounds like my kind of life! We are thinking of moving to Nebraska later this year. I love the upper Midwest and I totally had Santa’s Secret this week even though it was almost 90 degrees in GA. :)

gmathis

The problem with editing—at least for me—is actually seeing what should be corrected, instead of superimposing what I think I wrote.

Maddy Barone

What I like about editing is having a fresh pair of eyes point out what can be improved. You know what I mean, gmathis. After you’ve written, read, re-written, reviewed, revised, and re-read, it’s like you don’t even see what’s actually on the page anymore. You see what’s in your head! And I really like being shown where the story is weak. I don’t always like the process of re-writing, but I’m glad to put out the best book I can.

Maddy Barone

Nightshifter and Ashmanra, I couldn’t bear to live down south! I hate humidity. Hate, hate, hate it! In my army days I was stationed at Ft. Jackson SC and Ft Sam Houston in San Antonio TX, and let me tell you, I’ll take -50 windchills over 90 degrees and 90% humidity any day!

gmathis

You and I do a different kind of writing, but it’s quite pleasant to commiserate with someone else goes through the same process! (I’ve been at it a while, but it took some time to learn not to hiss and bush up my neck fur when an editor cut up my beloved manuscript and asked for changes. So bravo for you!) Hope it’s going well.

OMGsrsly

That is so frustrating! I hope it goes super great tonight, and that you enjoy your teas. :)

Smells like the holidays! Actually, christmas cookies or soemthing. Very strong peppermint and vanilla. Really nice black tea, and is great on its own without any added sugar or milk. Would definitely buy this one again.

Flavors: Peppermint, Vanilla

6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Added sugar to this one again. I find this to be a very tasty morning treat :) I absolutely love mint teas and this one isn’t overpowering so it’s nice to wake up with. It’s also kind of soft, if I can use that word to describe tea, and creamy. It’s like someone is wrapping a blanket around me.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 20 OZ / 591 ML

I decided to get my hands on a collectable tin of this.
Darn it! I’ve messed up another one! I really need to start standing and waiting for the tea to steep… the black tea base is too overpowering for the gentle vanilla and mint flavors. Oi vey. Well, for what it is right now it’s still not too bad, still drinkable.

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML