Santa's Secret

Black Tea, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Peppermint, Sprinkles
Peppermint, Cloves, Vanilla, Sweet, Creamy, Mint, Chocolate, Sugar, Artificial
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “I picked this up on the weekend since i was trying to remember if i liked it or not. I still do, so that’s good to know, though it’s less wonderful than the first time i had it as my...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 6570 tasting notes
  • “This tea is so good. Too bad I steeped it in my Timolino tumbler. I gave it 20 minutes to cool with the lid off but still managed to burn my tongue so badly that an hour later it still feels...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes
  • “It’s official, Santa’s Secret is my Pumpkin Chai. Love and adore this blend. My amazing and wonderful mother in law found me some soy egg nog for the holidays and sent an unopened...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1351 tasting notes
  • “Santa Baby, Coming down my chimney tonight… But only with this tea! Creepiness of that song aside, this tea is still going strong. Delicious, creamy and smooth, it has a richness that is...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 707 tasting notes

Ever wonder how Santa manages to deliver all those presents in just one night? Well here’s the hush-hush formula. He uses a special combination of Chinese black tea, peppermint leaves and spices – all sprinkled with real little candy canes. It’s both energizing and remarkably soothing. All Santa needs is one cup and his motto changes from “ho ho ho” to “go go go”

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This teas is much most flavorful once sugar and milk is added. I don’t know what it is, but the sugar and milk bring out the peppermint flavor more than when it is drank plain. I do get the feeling of the holidays while drinking it, so the tea is properly named and a good winter tea.

Sweet and minty, pleasant, but I got tired of it pretty fast.

This tea has so much potential! I am a person who absolutely loves anything with a peppermint flavour. However I find that this tea has quite an astringency which is really surprising “candy cane” tea. I want to love this tea so badly, however I don’t! I seem to always get a headache whenever I drink this… which is a strange side effect. I don’t get a headache with any other tea I own, so I have no idea why this one is different. I’ve only drank this tea hot… I really can’t imagine trying to drink this as an Iced Tea or cold brew! I think it would loose its Christmas charm. I still have faith in this tea, so I think I will try this as a latte next. Maybe that will help out with the astringency and the headache side effect.

205 °F / 96 °C 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

I’m gonna have to make this stuff last until next winter like my Pumpkin Chai….this is gonna be difficult.
I love how ‘creamy’ this tea tastes, I’m pretty sure it’s the candy cane pieces that are doing it, but it makes it delicious! Another black tea that isn’t strong and just enough mint to make it taste fantastic.

The little candy canes are a nice touch. Peppermint is certainly there, though I’ve been adding honey to tea lately for my throat. Certainly a pleasant tea I would drink again.

On my most recent foray to David’s Tea I was picking up Tea for someone else. Which prompted me to do something I never do, buy black tea.
I hate black tea.
But I picked up a number of tiny sample sizes to try.
This was one of them! I bought both Santa’s Secret and Mint to be, which is the supposed year round alternative.

98C 4 min
This tea smells amazing. Like vanilla mint black tea. It smells like yummy candy. From the smell alone I would think this would be amazing.

The taste is soft mint with with a soft candy, almost vanilla flavor. Paired with a mild sweet black tea. It’s tolerable. It’s possibly the best black tea I’ve tried, but there is no way I am going to be able to drink a whole cup.
The nice part about the mint, is it is not overwhelming. It’s is much subtler than many of David’s mint teas.
However, I suspect it would be absolutely delicious if I was a black tea drinker.

I utterly adore this tea! I tried it tonight when my coworker — hello, Abby! — offered it to me, and IT WAS SUPER DELICIOUS. I am so upset. I’ve been using the word “smooth” a lot in my notes tonight and I probably shouldn’t overuse the word, but it remains true for this one too! It was super delicious, rich, creamy with just beautiful hints of amazingness. I wish it was the Christmas season always, because this definitely shouldn’t be stashed away.

Santa’s Secret was the final tea in the 2013 DavidsTea advent calendar, and it was a nice way to finish off the box. I love the look of the tea, with its lovely candy cane sprinkles, and the peppermint goes well with the black tea.

Essentially, this is just a pepperminty black tea, which is perfect for a cold winter morning. It doesn’t actually taste like candy canes, though!

I really liked this tea—black tea with the punch of peppermint. The little candy cane candy in it makes for a nice appearance if you steep it in a clear container. The tea is a bit lighter in colour than a straight black tea, but still works with milk. A lovely black tea for winter!

I guess I should preface by saying I’m not really a mint tea fan but I love this tea. It’s sweet and minty in a way that doesn’t remind me of toothpaste as most mint teas do. There is enough black tea to balance out the sweet mint.