Santa's Secret

Black Tea, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Peppermint, Sprinkles
Chocolate, Peppermint, Vanilla, Creamy, Mint, Sugar, Sweet, Artificial
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “I picked this up on the weekend since i was trying to remember if i liked it or not. I still do, so that's good to know, though it's less wonderful than the first time i had it as my tastes have...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5592 tasting notes
  • “This tea is so good. Too bad I steeped it in my Timolino tumbler. I gave it 20 minutes to cool with the lid off but still managed to burn my tongue so badly that an hour later it still feels...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1710 tasting notes
  • “It’s official, Santa’s Secret is my Pumpkin Chai. Love and adore this blend. My amazing and wonderful mother in law found me some soy egg nog for the holidays and sent an unopened...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1351 tasting notes
  • “Santa Baby, Coming down my chimney tonight… But only with this tea! Creepiness of that song aside, this tea is still going strong. Delicious, creamy and smooth, it has a richness...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 701 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Ever wonder how Santa manages to deliver all those presents in just one night? Well here’s the hush-hush formula. He uses a special combination of Chinese black tea, peppermint leaves and spices – all sprinkled with real little candy canes. It’s both energizing and remarkably soothing. All Santa needs is one cup and his motto changes from “ho ho ho” to “go go go”

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Took this one to work Christmas Eve morning before he retail rush… Got us off to a good start!!

Now, this is a nice DT. I enjoyed it a lot last year, and had quite a few 50 gram sealed pkgs in my cupboards. It seems really cold tonight, but no rain or wind warnings, so clear and cold is fine with me.

It’s peppermint theme night for me – went to bath & body yesterday and got some of their Christmas candles, including, my favourite, twisted peppermint. Burning it now, and it is a cool creamy strong mint scent. Kind of just like this tea…..

I brewed 6 tsps in a liter in the breville tea maker, set to “strong” and “black”. Realizing….it’s a little late for me to be drinking a liter of caffeinated tea, but….oh well. If I had an unlimited supply, I would rather drink butiki peppermint patty at night, but trying to hold off on another order until I can see their new teas. So, in the meantime….

This is a tea I enjoy. The mint is smooth and creamy. I think I wrecked my first cup by adding a big shot of Starbucks peppermint syrup…..that’s just too much mint. Going to dump it and have another cup with just a bit of rock sugar and cream. Now, if I only had some peppermint patty candy around, that would be delightful. But, unfortunately, do not, and can’t let myself run to the store, just to get candy. Hopefully another cup of this (without the extra starbucks) kills my candy mint craving.

Flavors: Peppermint

It’s rich, it’s fresh and very nice!

I liked it last year so I picked up some this year and I still like it a lot.

It’s the perfect fireside companion (I don’t have a fireplace, but to hell with that, I have a the Fireplace channel on my TV!)

Ho Ho Ho!

Peppermint hot chocolate is my holiday guilty pleasure. I’d also like to mention KitKats and PC Chocolate Cookie Spreads (ate a whole jar of it once! Though times were bad then.), but let’s stick to the seasonal one, yes? ;)

Straight-up peppermint tea does not sit well with me – it’s definitely got a nice refreshing sensation I can appreciate, but take that away and all I get is the water left over from briefly boiling vegetables. However, put peppermint in a rich medium like chocolate, heat it nice and piping hot, add a dollop of whip, and you get a fulfilling cup of magic that warms you all the way up, yet the real magic is that it cools you just enough after so you don’t overheat either.

Now, this drink: the medium is no rich hot chocolate, but the black tea wraps up the peppermint leaves quite well. This satisfies me. However, it cannot compare to my holiday guilty pleasure that is peppermint hot chocolate – but this way, I can safely have my pleasure without the guilt.

Final thoughts? I’d really love to try this in latte form!

Mmmmm, has the same sort of taste as candy mint (e.g. candy cane). The mint doesn’t have that harshness often found in mint teas (does that make sense?). Definitely brings a holiday/Christmas/winter feeling.

I imagine this would be wonderful in a latte…

Hmm… Not sure how I feel about this one… It reminds me so much of Mint Julep for some reason. So much so that I had to check my tea bag to make sure I put the right tea in… Maybe it’s just me, but I find they taste so similar! Which is weird since Mint Julep has pineapple and coconut in it…

Reminds me of curling up by a fire on a snowy night! I prefer this tea over Read My Lips any day. The balance of mint and black tea is so well done. I love to drink this straight. As with most black teas, I’d stay away from carrying it in stainless steel though.

Bought this tea last time I was at my local DAVIDs TEA shop, I really like this tea. The combination of mint and cinnamon is nicely balanced with vanilla, I bet it would make a nice latte. Will definitely stock up since it’s seasonal. The rating scale isn’t working for me, but I’m ranking it a light green happy face.

(Backlog)
This was the tea of the morning at work on tuesday. This reminded me so much of della terras bats in the bellfry. I’m not sure which one I like more. Della Terras was more creamy! This one was more minty. Hmmmmmmmmmm sounds like I meed to do a back to back taste test! Challenge accepted!