Santa's Secret

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Peppermint, Sprinkles
Chocolate, Peppermint, Vanilla
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

• “I picked this up on the weekend since i was trying to remember if i liked it or not. I still do, so that's good to know, though it's less wonderful than the first time i had it as my tastes have...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4830 tasting notes
  • “This tea is so good. Too bad I steeped it in my Timolino tumbler. I gave it 20 minutes to cool with the lid off but still managed to burn my tongue so badly that an hour later it still feels...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1672 tasting notes
  • “It's official, Santa's Secret is my Pumpkin Chai. Love and adore this blend. My amazing and wonderful mother in law found me some soy egg nog for the holidays and sent an unopened carton home with...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1220 tasting notes
  • “Santa Baby, Coming down my chimney tonight... But only with this tea! Creepiness of that song aside, this tea is still going strong. Delicious, creamy and smooth, it has a richness that is...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 688 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Need a little helper?
Ever wonder how Santa manages to deliver all those presents in just one night? Well here’s the hush-hush formula. He uses a special combination of Chinese black tea, peppermint leaves and spices – all sprinkled with real little candy canes. It’s both energizing and remarkably soothing. All Santa needs is one cup and his motto changes from “ho ho ho” to “go go go”

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, peppermint leaves, candy cane sprinkles.

1.5 tsp of tea at 98°C / 208°F for 4-6 min

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Didn’t do much for me – not the minty I like.

Emilie sent me this and I was excited to try it. So when huffing the bag the smell was pleasant, minty almost. Nothing mind blowing. Brewed 3 tsp in 16oz of water in my ingenuiTea. Great cup, no bitterness to speak of, but limited sweetness. Its a black with mellow mint hints, which is good. But after my buttered rum experience, I think I held my expectations too high for this one. Definitely worth drinking again, but not a staple for my cupboard. I love mint teas, so it takes a lot for me to be wowed into submission.

mmmmm, just perfect for a lazy, cold winter evening. not too minty, warm vanilla black tea taste. delicious! glad i have a nice fat stockpile of this to last the rest of the cold months until it is (hopefully!) back in stores next winter!

this tea was so amazing – probably my favourite ever. I am so sad i’m finished it and i can’t buy any more (it was only out special for christmas!) I got it as a gift as I do not live near any David’s Tea Locations but it is so delicious, I only got a small amount in a christmas ornament type thing. Reminds me of mint chocolate chip ice cream. I would drink it with milk and agave nectar, but thats just how i like to take my black teas always.

I was wondering why my stash was tasting a little lacklustre and then I discovered that I had run out of the little candycanes. When I replenished my supply I remembered why I love this tea. It’s so refreshing and delicious, with the perfect amount of sweetness.

I having my first few sips and so far it is yummy! Minty but not too extreme. I hope it is back next year so I can get more than the little bit that came in the holiday collection.

I really enjoy this one! It’s a nice fun tea for Christmas with the candy canes in it. The minty taste is strong when it first hits your mouth, but doesn’t linger too much, so is quite enjoyable. I often find when eating actual candy canes that the peppermint taste just gets stuck in your mouth and throat, and after a while it isn’t enjoyable – not the case with Santa’s Secret. A fun addition for Christmas.

Just got into tea after a gift from a friend. The scent when opening the pack is wonderful and the taste follows suit. Unexpectedly nice taste (not really a peppermint fan).

This tea is just divine! Like others have previously mentioned, it’s so smooth and creamy-minty-delicious. I find it tastes better and better as the cup cools down a bit. I could and would drink this every day! Definitely getting me in the mood for the holidays and the first snow – when I will hopefully be curled up with a cup on my couch :)

It makes me a little bit anxious for the end of holidays though, when it will start disappearing…eek!

Free TotD from DT if you wear your poppy instore – scored me a nice hot cup of Santa’s Secret to gird my creative loins for the NaNoWriMo write-in I was on my way to.