Santa's Secret

Black Tea, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Peppermint, Sprinkles
Peppermint, Artificial, Vanilla, Chocolate
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “I picked this up on the weekend since i was trying to remember if i liked it or not. I still do, so that's good to know, though it's less wonderful than the first time i had it as my tastes have...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5241 tasting notes
  • “This tea is so good. Too bad I steeped it in my Timolino tumbler. I gave it 20 minutes to cool with the lid off but still managed to burn my tongue so badly that an hour later it still feels...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “It's official, Santa's Secret is my Pumpkin Chai. Love and adore this blend. My amazing and wonderful mother in law found me some soy egg nog for the holidays and sent an unopened carton home with...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1301 tasting notes
  • “Santa Baby, Coming down my chimney tonight... But only with this tea! Creepiness of that song aside, this tea is still going strong. Delicious, creamy and smooth, it has a richness that is...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 699 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Ever wonder how Santa manages to deliver all those presents in just one night? Well here’s the hush-hush formula. He uses a special combination of Chinese black tea, peppermint leaves and spices – all sprinkled with real little candy canes. It’s both energizing and remarkably soothing. All Santa needs is one cup and his motto changes from “ho ho ho” to “go go go”

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Had this on Christmas morning.

I received this as part of a Christmas three pack with Merry Cranberry and Sleigh Ride. Sadly, I think Santa’s Secret is that I’m getting a lump of coal because I did not like this tea at all!

(Actually, if I’m truly honest my first reaction/exclamation was ’What foul trickery is this?!")

While it had a peppermint and (almost) cocoa scent that I’ve come to associate with other teas, I didn’t find that the taste matched the smell. It was a bit bitter, like a dark chocolate peppermint patty gone wrong. I’m glad I only got a small sample of this, because it won’t become a staple for me.

This is actually the first tea I’ve tried at David’s tea since it was just new here in Toronto.
SMELLS AMAZING
and
TASTES AMAZING .

Love christmas? This tea is the one to get, def worth buying

I normally hate any kind of mint including candy canes but for some reason I adore this tea. At first I hated the smell because of the strong peppermint, but once I brewed a cup all I tasted was the blend of black tea with a hint of sweet mintyness which I liked, despite my misgivings about a mint tea.

Try it! Even if you don’t like mint.

This is a must for every holiday. It has a fresh peppermint flavor that is not too overpowering, just right.

I got two of these in my advent calendar (which I started early hehe) for some reason. This is CHRISTMAS IN A CUP! Mmmmm so good and minty, kind of candy-like. Definitely worth getting more of.

This tea is the perfect holiday tea! The the black tea and the mint are nicely balanced. It is like Christmas in a cup =)

This is definitely one of my favorite Christmas teas. It’s got a sort of chocolatey minty flavor and is one of the few teas I enjoy black.

I love the smell of this tea. It’s peppermint-ey deliciousness got me excited for Christmas even though it’s only November. The candy cane flavour wasn’t lost when I steeped it, which was nice.I found the black tea flavour a little strong in contrast to the peppermint, so I added a tiny bit of agave to take some of the edge off and I much preferred it. It is very strong and has too much caffeine for me to even consider drinking in the evening, but I can’t imagine drinking something with so much peppermint in the morning. I’m going to give it another chance, probably closer to Christmas. I imagine it would be amazing with a little bit of almond milk!

Didn’t do much for me – not the minty I like.