Santa's Secret

Black Tea, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Peppermint, Sprinkles
Candy, Peppermint, Vanilla, Chocolate, Cream, Cloves, Sweet, Creamy, Mint, Sugar, Artificial
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “I picked this up on the weekend since i was trying to remember if i liked it or not. I still do, so that’s good to know, though it’s less wonderful than the first time i had it as my...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 6704 tasting notes
  • “This tea is so good. Too bad I steeped it in my Timolino tumbler. I gave it 20 minutes to cool with the lid off but still managed to burn my tongue so badly that an hour later it still feels...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes
  • “It’s official, Santa’s Secret is my Pumpkin Chai. Love and adore this blend. My amazing and wonderful mother in law found me some soy egg nog for the holidays and sent an unopened...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1351 tasting notes
  • “Santa Baby, Coming down my chimney tonight… But only with this tea! Creepiness of that song aside, this tea is still going strong. Delicious, creamy and smooth, it has a richness that is...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 707 tasting notes

Ever wonder how Santa manages to deliver all those presents in just one night? Well here’s the hush-hush formula. He uses a special combination of Chinese black tea, peppermint leaves and spices – all sprinkled with real little candy canes. It’s both energizing and remarkably soothing. All Santa needs is one cup and his motto changes from “ho ho ho” to “go go go”

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I should’ve known better than to have that piece of cranberry cake… I paid for it in the middle of the night with stomach spasms. That’s what I get for being gluten-intolerant!

This morning, to avoid a relapse of symptoms, I’m gingerly eating a bowl of oatmeal and nursing a cup of this; in the hopes that the peppermint, cloves and cinnamon work their magic and soothe my stomach. So far, so good… the mintiness of the tea definitely pairs nicely with my cranberry-almond oatmeal.

Fingers crossed that Santa’s Secret will be my secret weapon against more spasms today.

ooh where can you get gluten free oatmeal? or was I misinformed that it has gluten…

Here there’s a store called Old Fashioned Foods that carries GF oatmeal, but I think our Superstore has it now too…

huh. I will look out for it… thanks for the tip! feel better soon xx

It completely slipped my mind that BrewTEAlly Sweet sent me “a little something for the upcoming holidays” when she packaged up the tea I purchased from her. I wish I would have remembered before I tore the house apart looking for the samples that came with my DAVIDsTEA Steeper. This was one of the samples they included and I’ve been really looking forward to trying. It’s starting to bug me that I can’t find those silly samples I know they’re in the house somewhere…

Either way, thanks to BrewTEAlly Sweet I can enjoy this tea while sitting inside watching all the snow come down, and pretend that I don’t need to go out soon and start up the snow thrower.

I’m not sure what I can say about this tea that hasn’t already been written. It is a great holiday tea; I really enjoy the candy cane sprinkles, even though I’m fundamentally against sprinkles in tea. Sprinkles and sparkles may not belong in my tea, but they’re just so fun looking, aren’t they? I tend to make exceptions for them this time of year, I know, I’m a little fickle.

Della Terra has a similar version of this tea, in previous years it was called Candy Cane Lane, and I’ve gone through quite a bit of their version since I enjoy it so much. This is one of the few teas from DAVIDs that I would order again. I’ve been allergic to several of their teas so I don’t tend to buy from them anymore, even though I do enjoy some of their seasonal selections such as this one.

Losing things is probably among life’s biggest minor irritations (oxymoron much? LOL). I hope you find it soon!

Want to drink candy? Here’s your chance! This rich, syrupy tea is the illegitimate love child of a candy cane and a thin mint. It’s a tasty treat, but so rich it’ll have to be special-occasion-only for me!

You can read the full review here:

I’ve been hoarding this a bit, drinking it occasionally mixed with guayusa, but I have more coming in the mail soon from a swap… and I let myself have a cup today. It’s so lovely and minty and fresh.

I just finished my second infusion, and I’m wondering what to drink next. I’m so lazy today, I don’t even want to get up and make tea!

I got this as a gift from a friend several months ago. I tried half the sample tin and hated it. I tried it again today – I’m not partial to it, but it’s not as bad as I thought it was.

It’s a black mint tea. It’s nothing special.

This is what’s currently in my cup! This is a sample that Bonnie sent me forever and a half ago and I haven’t gotten around to trying yet! Thank you Bonnie!

I was in the mood for something minty, and this looked and smelled like it was a minty tea, so I brewed it up.

It’s pretty nice! It’s verrrrry sweet (even with no sugar in it) and it’s got a nice minty flavor that comes out a lot in the aftertaste. This one would make a great latte and I plan on doing that next time.

Now, this part is mostly a reminder to myself but you can feel free to read this if you’d like.
Teas That I Need to Review This Weekend (* means for TeaTrade):
1.) Ripened Pu-erh Mini Toucha by Teavivre*
2.) Taiwan Jin Xuan Milk Oolong Tea by Teavivre (in gaiwan)
3.) Lapsang Souchong by Dr. Tea’s Tea Garden
4.) Coffee Pu-erh by DAVIDsTEA
5.) Chiran Sencha (white label) – Kagoshima by Chado Tea House*
6.) Keemum 3 Monkey Tea by Culinary Teas
7.) Huo Shan Yellow Sprouting by Mark T. Wendell*
8.) Compare Paris and Tower of London

Better get busy, then! :-P

Hi Ian! Try this as a latte pronto! My gorgeous 18 year old granddaughter Schey and I drank this as a latte today and I showed her your photos and new website!

Now that I have some more time, it’s back to Steepster I go!

This is tied for my number one tea, and I just went to David’s to buy myself another 250g, as I was on my last 50g bag. My throat is a little sore today, and once again, the peppermint is helping! I think I might cut down to half a sugar, though.

What’s it tied with?

Cream of Earl Grey! Haha, quite different

ok, this one won’t be neither the DT I’d like.
So sorry ! I am sure my daughter would like it with these funny and beautiful little candy canes mixed with the black tea.
I got the peppermint, I got the vanilla and I got some chocolate. I would have loved to get the tea taste as well.
Thank you TheTeaFairy for sharing.

Nomnom! This tea is yummy. It sweet but not too sweet and pepperminty but just the right amount. Had this instead of my morning coffee its a perfect substitute. Delicious!

I tried this tea over the holiday 2011 season and hated it. So colour me surprised when I tried it again this season and ended up buying an entire tin. It isn’t my favourite black tea, or even my favourite mint tea, but it is a mellow vanilla mint tea that is light enough for me to be able to take it to work without overpowering the office with the scent of my tea. I’m looking forward to try this blended with Cocomint Cream . . I suspect that they’ll be amazing in a latte together.

Santa’s Secret and Cocomint Cream latte?! That sounds amazing! If you make one, will you write a tasting note on it? That’s something I may have to try.