Santa's Secret

Black Tea, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Peppermint, Sprinkles
Candy, Peppermint, Vanilla, Chocolate, Cream, Cloves, Sweet, Creamy, Mint, Sugar, Artificial
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “I picked this up on the weekend since i was trying to remember if i liked it or not. I still do, so that’s good to know, though it’s less wonderful than the first time i had it as my...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 6704 tasting notes
  • “This tea is so good. Too bad I steeped it in my Timolino tumbler. I gave it 20 minutes to cool with the lid off but still managed to burn my tongue so badly that an hour later it still feels...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes
  • “It’s official, Santa’s Secret is my Pumpkin Chai. Love and adore this blend. My amazing and wonderful mother in law found me some soy egg nog for the holidays and sent an unopened...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1351 tasting notes
  • “Santa Baby, Coming down my chimney tonight… But only with this tea! Creepiness of that song aside, this tea is still going strong. Delicious, creamy and smooth, it has a richness that is...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 707 tasting notes

Ever wonder how Santa manages to deliver all those presents in just one night? Well here’s the hush-hush formula. He uses a special combination of Chinese black tea, peppermint leaves and spices – all sprinkled with real little candy canes. It’s both energizing and remarkably soothing. All Santa needs is one cup and his motto changes from “ho ho ho” to “go go go”

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Thank you to Emilie for this one. My apologies steepster friends for not posting for a while. My work schedule changed up again, for the better. This is one is not too bad. A decent black mint blend with vanilla hints. However I noticed the flavoring was a little bit chemical. There was elements that I would compare to a minty black and mild. It’s a good tea but has a strange flavor to it at the same time. I would drink it again but I’m not sure if I would put this one on the shopping list.

Got this excellent little tea from Aimee a little while ago, back when I wasn’t sure if it would be making a return this year. I finally opened it up today while reeling in the post-literature haze of a perfect book series(they got me invested in the amazing characters, killed them all in the most tragic ways, and left the one I hated from the start and the one I grew to hate because he was a traitor even though I sympathized with him alive at the end. Why? Why would you do this to my heart?) and it was perfect. It’s got some sort of chocolatey notes, strong peppermint but not overpowering and a gorgeous smell. It does taste a bit plain compared to some of the more complex teas I’ve had, but to its credit, it’s a very simple, brainless tea that needs no sweetening.

That said, it’s a bit unpleasant cold.

Is that you in your profile pic? It’s too tiny to tell for sure, but it looks like ya got dreads! love it :)
-sorry if I got that wrong!

Ah, yeah! They’re going on four years old!

awesome!! that’s dedication

I kinda want to keep this around til next Xmas but it may be a bit stale by then. I do have a tin for it. Hmmm. Decisions decisions!

Bear With Me

I had no issues with mine going stale in the tin. I had enough to lat me throughto a week before the re release :)

Oooh good to know, thx hun xo

Bear With Me

It seems to have a better shelf life than some of their other blends with the candies, like pumpkin chai or glitter and gold.

heh, I hope so! some of their teas go a bit rancid over time

I had some that lasted quite well for 2 years. I believe only teas with added nutty bits or coconut are likely to go rancid, others may just lose flavour.

Kittenna, good point. I can always get more if it doesn’t work out (and I won’t be crushed if it gets discontinued)

Sadly drinking the last bit of my Santa’s Secret. The peppermint candy cane flavor is so satisfying. I just wish this was a permanent part of their collection, instead of seasonal, so I could buy it anytime!

I also had this problem with this one. I found Della Terra’s many chocolate mint teas helped tide me over. Swiss Mountain was good, but even better was Shamrocks & Shenanigans/Minty Cow.

EveGrimm I just tried a sample of Market Spice Holiday tea and it’s a bit similar but it was right after I tried Santa’s Secret so it could’ve been an aftertaste thing. Hmm… maybe I’ll try some many chocolate mint before I try the others.

I’m tempted to look for this one next Christmas .. Love minty chocolate teas. Glad to see your tastin note on it.

Suziqzer have you tried this one? If not, and I end up buying some, I’ll send you a sample. :)

If you’re not careful you’ll end up sending samples of everything you have.. Lol. No, I haven’t tried this one but I had my eye on it thinking it would be one to try since I enjoy mint.

This tea is such a comfort in a cup kind of experience. The creaminess of the base with the peppermint tea leaves adding a lovely touch of mint. It is nothing new or novel, but it helps demonstrate why mint teas are such a classic staple. Since winter appears to be sticking around, this seems like the right cup to beeline for!

Tried this for the first time today…Given to me by a co-worker who now has me hooked on tea. Reminds me of sitting in front of a fireplace with the snow falling, and Christmas music playing in the background…Hope they come back out with this again this year. Will be the first on my Christmas ordering list!!

Welcome aboard the tea train! :)

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

Warmest welcome to the Steepster family ! Looking forwards to reading your reviews ! =)

Yum Yum Yum! I am NOT a mint in tea person. I received this as a sample and it just smelled so good! The taste is just as fulfilling. A nice creamy smooth mint flavor. I will definitely be buying more!

Dry Leaf Nose: Candy cane cookies.

Liquor: Dark and clear.

Flavour: Reminiscent of holiday baking spices and the aroma of mint cookies.

This is probably the seventh tea I’ve had from the DavidsTea advent calendar. And probably the third tea I’ve actually had on its actual assigned day. I am SO BAD at this stuff! And don’t get me started on my 52teas’ 12 Days Of Christmas which I may or may not have ripped into every single packet four days into the thing…

Sigh. ANYWAY. I’m very picky about peppermint in my teas. I think it’s because peppermint tea reminds me of being in hospitals as a kid (I always got it with lunch). I can still drink it but I prefer if it’s mixed with something else. That being said, this tea is perfectly mixed (well, according to my tastes, that is). There’s the refreshing peppermint that is blends perfectly with the spicy black base. And the sprinkles are too cute!

I barely get any mint out of this which is a shame. It’s an okay black though but nothing spectacular. I prefer Read My Lips or White Chocolate Frost to this.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML