Santa's Secret

Black Tea, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Peppermint, Sprinkles
Creamy, Mint, Vanilla, Peppermint, Sugar, Sweet, Artificial, Chocolate
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “I picked this up on the weekend since i was trying to remember if i liked it or not. I still do, so that's good to know, though it's less wonderful than the first time i had it as my tastes have...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5374 tasting notes
  • “This tea is so good. Too bad I steeped it in my Timolino tumbler. I gave it 20 minutes to cool with the lid off but still managed to burn my tongue so badly that an hour later it still feels...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “It's official, Santa's Secret is my Pumpkin Chai. Love and adore this blend. My amazing and wonderful mother in law found me some soy egg nog for the holidays and sent an unopened carton home with...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1320 tasting notes
  • “Santa Baby, Coming down my chimney tonight... But only with this tea! Creepiness of that song aside, this tea is still going strong. Delicious, creamy and smooth, it has a richness that is...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 698 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Ever wonder how Santa manages to deliver all those presents in just one night? Well here’s the hush-hush formula. He uses a special combination of Chinese black tea, peppermint leaves and spices – all sprinkled with real little candy canes. It’s both energizing and remarkably soothing. All Santa needs is one cup and his motto changes from “ho ho ho” to “go go go”

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I don’t know if it’s just that I’m sick, but maybe not because Kelly thought the same, but this is a really bland/weak tea. The candycanes are still charming, though.

The cats dipped their noses in this and sneezed and I can’t say I was too heartbroken to pour it out. :/ Weirdly, it was the xmas one I was most excited about! Enjoyed Sleigh Ride last night much more, but we’ll see how that one goes for the second cup.

CrowKettle

Teach me how to enjoy Sleigh Ride! :P
But I can honestly see how you would find this weak, too. The black tea isn’t there and it’s mostly vanilla-something with a pinch of peppermint.

Cavocorax

Aww. Too bad you guys didn’t care for it. I liked it more than Sleigh Ride, but I wanted something sweet and lightly minty.

Ozli

Yeah, I don’t tend to go for anything LIGHTLY mint. :P But I actually had it again today when I was intending to make Sleigh Ride (unmarked baggies!!) and liked it more this time. Not MUCH more, though. :P

CrowKettle, I’ll have to have it again so I remember what I liked! ;)

CrowKettle

If you enjoy Baileys, this, along with Read My Lips (which tastes/smells like after eights)are somewhat improved by the addition imo :) I don’t know if it helps bring out the mint though.

Ozli

I do enjoy Baileys!! But it fights back. :P Read My Lips sounds great! (Now that I’m not afraid of chocolate in my tea anymore – at least in loose leaf, anyway.)

Thank you to Emilie for this one. My apologies steepster friends for not posting for a while. My work schedule changed up again, for the better. This is one is not too bad. A decent black mint blend with vanilla hints. However I noticed the flavoring was a little bit chemical. There was elements that I would compare to a minty black and mild. It’s a good tea but has a strange flavor to it at the same time. I would drink it again but I’m not sure if I would put this one on the shopping list.

Got this excellent little tea from Aimee a little while ago, back when I wasn’t sure if it would be making a return this year. I finally opened it up today while reeling in the post-literature haze of a perfect book series(they got me invested in the amazing characters, killed them all in the most tragic ways, and left the one I hated from the start and the one I grew to hate because he was a traitor even though I sympathized with him alive at the end. Why? Why would you do this to my heart?) and it was perfect. It’s got some sort of chocolatey notes, strong peppermint but not overpowering and a gorgeous smell. It does taste a bit plain compared to some of the more complex teas I’ve had, but to its credit, it’s a very simple, brainless tea that needs no sweetening.

That said, it’s a bit unpleasant cold.

Indigobloom

Is that you in your profile pic? It’s too tiny to tell for sure, but it looks like ya got dreads! love it :)
-sorry if I got that wrong!

Vanitea

Ah, yeah! They’re going on four years old!

Indigobloom

awesome!! that’s dedication

Someone gave this to me for Christmas!
So I looked up my review from eons ago and wow I hated it then… but now strangely I don’t mind this one. The vanilla is a but more muted than I recall. To be honest its more like minty white chocolate than vanilla. With milk and half a teaspoon of sugar, I really did enjoy the cup. Quite the treat!

Sadly drinking the last bit of my Santa’s Secret. The peppermint candy cane flavor is so satisfying. I just wish this was a permanent part of their collection, instead of seasonal, so I could buy it anytime!

Courtney

I also had this problem with this one. I found Della Terra’s many chocolate mint teas helped tide me over. Swiss Mountain was good, but even better was Shamrocks & Shenanigans/Minty Cow.

EvaGrimm I just tried a sample of Market Spice Holiday tea and it’s a bit similar but it was right after I tried Santa’s Secret so it could’ve been an aftertaste thing. Hmm… maybe I’ll try some many chocolate mint before I try the others.
Suziqzer

I’m tempted to look for this one next Christmas .. Love minty chocolate teas. Glad to see your tastin note on it.

EvaGrimm

Suziqzer have you tried this one? If not, and I end up buying some, I’ll send you a sample. :)

Suziqzer

If you’re not careful you’ll end up sending samples of everything you have.. Lol. No, I haven’t tried this one but I had my eye on it thinking it would be one to try since I enjoy mint.

This tea is such a comfort in a cup kind of experience. The creaminess of the base with the peppermint tea leaves adding a lovely touch of mint. It is nothing new or novel, but it helps demonstrate why mint teas are such a classic staple. Since winter appears to be sticking around, this seems like the right cup to beeline for!

Tried this for the first time today…Given to me by a co-worker who now has me hooked on tea. Reminds me of sitting in front of a fireplace with the snow falling, and Christmas music playing in the background…Hope they come back out with this again this year. Will be the first on my Christmas ordering list!!

Welcome aboard the tea train! :)

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

Warmest welcome to the Steepster family ! Looking forwards to reading your reviews ! =)

Yum Yum Yum! I am NOT a mint in tea person. I received this as a sample and it just smelled so good! The taste is just as fulfilling. A nice creamy smooth mint flavor. I will definitely be buying more!

Dry Leaf Nose: Candy cane cookies.

Liquor: Dark and clear.

Flavour: Reminiscent of holiday baking spices and the aroma of mint cookies.

This is probably the seventh tea I’ve had from the DavidsTea advent calendar. And probably the third tea I’ve actually had on its actual assigned day. I am SO BAD at this stuff! And don’t get me started on my 52teas’ 12 Days Of Christmas which I may or may not have ripped into every single packet four days into the thing…

Sigh. ANYWAY. I’m very picky about peppermint in my teas. I think it’s because peppermint tea reminds me of being in hospitals as a kid (I always got it with lunch). I can still drink it but I prefer if it’s mixed with something else. That being said, this tea is perfectly mixed (well, according to my tastes, that is). There’s the refreshing peppermint that is blends perfectly with the spicy black base. And the sprinkles are too cute!